• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If this copyright strike was for #5 then why didn’t they take down other vids of that mod?

NixF

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Some KOS-MOS video getting struck the day of is the perfect way for this buildup to come to a head if she's not actually in. What a ride.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm gonna go in expecting no Smash reveal and just have fun watching the trailers. That way I can be pleasantly surprised again if it happens.

Who's ready for Frogger

Shroob

Sup?
Has anyone tried re-uploading the video to see if it's automatically struck.

I do find it strange that there was only 1 video presumably nuked while other videos showcasing the mod are still active.

If this were back during the ESRB leak, all those videos would have been nuked if they showed gameplay.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm just waiting for people to wake up and getting ready for the inevitable ****storm over this KOS-MOS copyright thing.

NixF

Smash Cadet
You know, it's not about the copyright claim. It's about how convenient all of this.

Verge's source can't deconfirm KOS-MOS and is being unsure -> Ok
Sabi's source ignoring their questions regarding KOS-MOS -> oook
Copyright claim for a KOS-MOS mod video, claim type is "Visual" -> Ok?

Like why? What are the odds?
This is the eye-opening part and not the copyright thing on its own.

D

Deleted member

I think it’s just the music they just copyright claim

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I'm just waiting for people to wake up and getting ready for the inevitable ****storm over this KOS-MOS copyright thing.
As is, it really isn't possible to know if it means.... anything.

I could just Youtube's algorithm having the worst ever coincidence

It could mean she's in

It could also mean some asshole reported it to Nintendo to **** with KOS MOS fans and Nintendo pulled their usual "Mods bad" card

Too many factors at play.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Think it's noteworthy that the name of the video was something along the line of "KOS-MOS Reveal Smash Ultimate", if my memory doesn't play trick with me.

If KOS-MOS will indeed be reveal, you wouldn't want a mod video sharing the name of your reveal video to be here to confuse peoples.

Shroob

Sup?
They claimed the video was claimed for "Mario Kart Tour", not the music.

The video maker swears there was 0 Mario Kart music or stages in the video, which is watchable on Twitter.

D

Deleted member

You know, it's not about the copyright claim. It's about how convenient all of this.

Verge's source can't deconfirm KOS-MOS and is being unsure -> Ok
Sabi's source ignoring their questions regarding KOS-MOS -> oook
Copyright claim for a KOS-MOS mod video, claim type is "Visual" -> Ok?

Like why? What are the odds?
This is the eye-opening part and not the copyright thing on its own.
it wasent ignored
There was a problem fetching the tweet

NixF

Smash Cadet
If the claim got nothing to do with KOS-MOS and it's just the music then that's one hella coincidence lol.
that's not fair

Shroob

Sup?
If the video was claimed for "Super Smash Bros Ultimate", there wouldn't be anywhere near this much confusion.

"Oh, Nintendo noticed a mod. Mod bad in Nintendo's eyes. Yeah, awkward timing but, whatever."

They claimed it for Mario Kart Tour

And there's no Mario Kart

I don't get it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am going to assume some nerd reported that KOS-MOS just in time to rile people up.

If there's one community that is an easy target to **** with, it is the smash community.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hey hey hey
Just came here to remind everyone that the game awards are like 12 hours away. What a coincidence for me to get sick on the same day as the awards, blech.

D

Deleted member

Hey hey hey
Just came here to remind everyone that the game awards are like 12 hours away. What a coincidence for me to get sick on the same day as the awards, blech.
I feel kinda bad too right now.

Probably has to do with the nightmare I had.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I am going to assume some nerd reported that KOS-MOS just in time to rile people up.

If there's one community that is an easy target to **** with, it is the smash community.
imagine you're trying to report something and when they ask what it's infringing you just go "uh.... mario kart?" and it ****ing works.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think this is any proof, I wouldn't trust YouTube's algorithms to run a bath.

D

Deleted member

*sigh*

4chan leaks make for great advertisements. The one with Frogger may be fake yet everyone is now memeing the character. I mean, I do get the appeal of teh character, yet I hate it when 4chan is the way to go for raising character support.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I’m just going to watch the game awards and expect KOS MOS as the 5th fighter at this point. The copyright thing really is a eye-opener and weird situation to keep in mind. It possibly could be a red-herring that we may get a KOS MOS mii outfit? Again I feel I’m reaching

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I’m just going to watch the game awards and expect KOS MOS as the 5th fighter at this point. The copyright thing really is a eye-opener and weird situation to keep in mind. It possibly could be a red-herring that we may get a KOS MOS mii outfit? Again I feel I’m reaching
Honestly if both her and Doom Slayer were Mii Costumes it'd be hilarious to see how people react!

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS as a Mii would be the worst case scenario, but considering that all the other Bamco reps have been deconfirmed by sources...she's pretty much in a confusing yet likely situation. Best case scenario is of course, playable.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Is there, or will there be, or link to the replay of the Game Awards, without spoilers, since I won't watch it in the middle of the night in the middle of the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom