• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Right now Verge and Sabi are trying too hard that they are now embarrassing themselves.
At this point both of them really need to tap out of leaking info until they're 100% confident on it. Sabi really does give off the vibe of a childish glory hog by pointing fingers

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Maybe those 2 genuinely don't know who it is this time around, and are having too much fun circle jerking the internet to get their rocks off, for them to stop this charade.
Or the source values their job too much to risk Nintendo fury by spilling the beans entirely. Seems like Nintendo is holding this last fighter exceedingly close to the vest this time. There's probably a good reason people aren't flapping gums this time or making rookie mistakes in allowing the character to be data mined so easily.

Last edited:

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
I'd love it if somehow we got a Joker-esque reveal this year even with all these deconfirmations left and right.

By Joker-esque, I genuinely mean someone who is so out of left field their name was barely mentioned at all during this speculation cycle.

While saying who it isn't is getting annoying to be fair, I can appreciate how we still don't have a hard name to go on, because that'd soil the surprise.

D

Deleted member

Now that images are back up again, may as well...

What do you think of my-totally-not-happening-ever 4th party picks?

1)Luffy
2)Goku
Those are the mainstream picks, now onto the more.........AHEM.....obscure ones.

3) Dragonic Overlord
1575939238089.png
4)Geargod 99
1575939293641.png
5) Giant Deity of Distant World, Valkerion
1575939354387.png

Don't wanna clog up images, so I'll stop there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh my

There was a problem fetching the tweet

How much more chaos is there because sabi saids just throw away all of Vergeben deconfirms heck even mentions why backpedaling May have happen

So if legit Vergeben no longer a legit source

D

Deleted member

Oh my

How much more chaos is there because sabi saids just throw away all of Vergeben deconfirms heck even mentions why backpedaling May have happen

I honestly don't believe a word Sabi says, because she's proven over and over again how much of an attention seeker she is.

And how untrustworthy, as well. "Nintendo Ninjas" my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh my

Now if Sabi came forward and revealed the fighter since dude is so sure about who is fighter 5.

D

Deleted member

Oh my

Pretty sure he's only talking about the first list Verg came out with which disconfirmed a bunch of companies at once, the same list which Verg himself already said was wrong and clarified on. He basically said nothing we didn't already know aside from "No Sony character".

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
At this point, I don't know if I'm waiting for the Video Game Awards or VR Plant (assuming that thing about them leaking the character a couple days before the show is legit)

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Or the source values their job too much to risk Nintendo fury by spilling the beans entirely. Seems like Nintendo is holding this last fighter exceedingly close to the vest this time. There's probably a good reason people aren't flapping gums this time or making rookie mistakes in allowing the character to be data mined so easily.
Nothing wrong with the source holding their cards close to their chest.

If that's the case, then my point about the leakers still stand: they know nothing and are making **** up for attention.

If they DO know something, they're not doing a very good job at making themselves come off as trustworthy. It's more a d*ck measuring contest at this point (even though one of them is a girl bu you get what I'm trying to say.)

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Oh my

Or it only proves this time Vergeben has been misled. Not everyone can be 100% right all the time, especially in this industry. If his record has been positive in the past, one wrong doesn't discredit the entirety of his 'career'. I'm uncertain this persons track record but from what I've gathered in my time on this site, it seems to be better than most any, if not 'the best' of the lot. I'd say if he was wrong it was because he was misled and, as a messenger, is going to be lynched for his source being wrong (Intentionally or otherwise).

Regardless, I've checked out of this 'speculation' as it's been obvious since Terry's release we're not going to find out who this is until Nintendo wants us too and spending time running in circles like the site has for the past month is tiresome.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing is that I'm seeing that the kill list Vergeben messed up was actually supposed to be a list of companies DLC 5 could be from.

D

Deleted member

Funny thing is that I'm seeing that the kill list Vergeben messed up was actually supposed to be a list of companies DLC 5 could be from.
And that's what makes it funny to believe in.

Sabi just ****ing said it that Verge is a doubtful source so it would be best to not trust anyone atm.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Or it only proves this time Vergeben has been misled. Not everyone can be 100% right all the time, especially in this industry. If his record has been positive in the past, one wrong doesn't discredit the entirety of his 'career'. I'm uncertain this persons track record but from what I've gathered in my time on this site, it seems to be better than most any, if not 'the best' of the lot. I'd say if he was wrong it was because he was misled and, as a messenger, is going to be lynched for his source being wrong (Intentionally or otherwise).

Regardless, I've checked out of this 'speculation' as it's been obvious since Terry's release we're not going to find out who this is until Nintendo wants us too and spending time running in circles like the site has for the past month is tiresome.
nah he said he just misunderstood what the source told him, not that they misled him

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that Vergeben admits KOSMOS is not directly deconfirmed yet and is currently looking into her despite already saying NAMCO is out.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm going full steam ahead on it being Phoenix Wright.
If nothing else, that escapade of Vergeben performing a Thanos-snap and then backtracking on it shows that Vergeben can be wrong, whether he's outright lying or just being fed false info. There's always a small chance that his second deconfirm list that name-drops Phoenix Wright is also wrong, along with an even smaller chance Fighter 5 just happens to be Phoenix Wright (and since it's been speculated that Fighter 5's identity is being closely guarded so that people don't lose their jobs... oh boy).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Phoenix got in, do you think he and Maya would be in their classic, younger forms, or their more modern older forms?
Depends on the developer. Though they would opt to use the classic forms.

Groose

Smash Champion
If Phoenix got in, do you think he and Maya would be in their classic, younger forms, or their more modern older forms?
Classic, surely. I can't really think of any Smash character where they didn't opt for their classic look. We got the original Pac-Man while Ghostly Adventures was airing, the classic Banjo despite his new look, and the original Simon Belmont despite his countless redesigns.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Arcade Archives: Frogger was just announced to be coming to the Switch on the 12th.

It's 100% unrelated but imagine if Frogger is character five and they announce him at The Game Awards that day. That'd be the best. :)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Classic, surely. I can't really think of any Smash character where they didn't opt for their classic look. We got the original Pac-Man while Ghostly Adventures was airing, the classic Banjo despite his new look, and the original Simon Belmont despite his countless redesigns.
And Thank God we got classic Megaman rather than Street Fighter x Tekken Megaman.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Classic, surely. I can't really think of any Smash character where they didn't opt for their classic look. We got the original Pac-Man while Ghostly Adventures was airing, the classic Banjo despite his new look, and the original Simon Belmont despite his countless Wright never really gets a drastic redesign. Neither does Maya. They just get different outfits which can be used for alt skins in smash. But they are more than likely just going to use Ace Attorney Trilogy Wright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom