• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty much anyones game right now. We just cant be certain for who Sakurei have picked.

cothero

Smash Lord
Joker bring something original but KOS-MOS doesn't?
View attachment 251650
While it's too late for me to continue this much further, that is a...weird opinion to say the least.

But hey, not my problems, gotta to bed, so, see ya all next time folks.
So you think that a character who bring a gun, a knife and can even transform into another character doesn't bring something more unique than another mech to the game?... And you think that's a weird opinion?...

source.gif

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I feel like Geoff's comment definitely dealt a bit of a blow towards KOS-MOS' chances, assuming that he's not just bull****ting to save face, that is.

Really not sure how to take this right now.
I'd throw Verge and Sabi into the trash tbh
Their words are meaningless at this point and hard to follow. The only insider I'm listening to now is Doritos Pope :4pacman:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Yall be sleepin on the most reliable leaker there is!

Someone go check Nintendo's site for leaks

D

Deleted member

The fact that Geoff say "no Waluigi" might be a confirmation that he knows about fighter 5. Of course it was very likely that fighter 5 would be at game awards, but now it's even more likely,
Good catch! It's interesting how Geoff focused on leaks instead of Smash in general. Like he isn't saying, "No. I do not know if Smash is gonna be shown off." He's saying, "The leaks are bull**** and Waluigi is out." Like, why?

That's kind of damning imo. Looks like FP 5 at VGA is solid.

D

Deleted member

Yall be sleepin on the most reliable leaker there is!

Someone go check Nintendo's site for leaks
He's got a great track record. He leaked Ryu and Roy for Smash 4, Castlevania content, SNK, and the codename for Hero.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just got back from work after seeing Vergeben Affleck doing another list of Who's Not FP5 earlier in the morning, and while I was casually stalking looking through his feed to see any new updates, I saw this and panicked for a moment:

!!fasd.png

Thankfully, he didn't kill any Musou characters off, so I got a sign of relief when it's just him mentioning Dr Kawashima.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wait...were people actually thinking Waluigi stood a chance???
I think it's just more that Waluigi's situation in Smash is infamous enough that it has reached outside just the Smash speculation scene, he's just an easy character to make a joke about. Maybe some people thought Waluigi had a chance, but that's not why Geoff is making the joke.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
He's gotten more than "one ****ing thing" correctly. A lot of it oddly specific like the Final Fantasy titles that originally released on the Switch.
WOW, THEY GOT SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE BEEN BEGGING FOR SQUAREENIX TO DO EVERY SINCE CLOUD GOT INTO SMASH, CORRECTLY!

THAT TOTALLY MEANS THEY HAVE INSIDER INFO

TIME TO TAKE EVERYTHING THEY SAY AS GODS AND BORDERLINE ATTACK THEM WHEN THEY DISAGREE WITH OUR CONSPIRACIES
/s

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
I just got back from work after seeing Vergeben Affleck doing another list of Who's Not FP5 earlier in the morning, and while I was casually stalking looking through his feed to see any new updates, I saw this and panicked for a moment:

View attachment 251653

Thankfully, he didn't kill any Musou characters off, so I got a sign of relief when it's just him mentioning Dr Kawashima.
Can you give us a link to that?

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
curiosity:

Some Monolith Soft games have in-game spirits such as Rex (Xenoblade) and Soma Bringer characters.
But no presence of Xenosaga, one of the company's main franchises alongside Xenoblade.

StormC

Smash Hero
Can I get some, uhh, new franchises?

You can't tell from our current DLC line-up, but some video game series started after 1999.
But Persona started in 2006 with Persona 3?

EDIT: I was beaten to this post but I'm still leaving it up because reasons.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
WOW, THEY GOT SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE BEEN BEGGING FOR SQUAREENIX TO DO EVERY SINCE CLOUD GOT INTO SMASH, CORRECTLY!

TIME TO TAKE EVERYTHING THEY SAY AS GODS AND BORDERLINE ATTACK THEM WHEN THEY DISAGREE WITH OUR CONSPIRACIES
/s
Yeah.... gonna need you to take that down to about a 5.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

/s
To be fair John specifically said that many Final fantasy games would come on Switch, except the 8 and it was perfectly right. Of course he might just be very lucky, but some of his "predictions" are sometime very spot on.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I dunno if Geoff is lying, because if he did, then the internet would never let him live it down. It would be better to just say nothing about leaks if something really got leaked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

curiosity:

Some Monolith Soft games have in-game spirits such as Rex (Xenoblade) and Soma Bringer characters.
But no presence of Xenosaga, one of the company's main franchises alongside Xenoblade.
curiosity:

xenosaga, unlike xenoblade, is owned by namco, which makes it a third-party franchise and thus it is more difficult to acquire the rights to a couple of pngs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
curiosity:

Isn’t there a Soma Bringer song or two? Or I’m thinking of another game probably, some game with a name that’s hard to remember

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Double post forgive me senpai!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom