• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

So who would y’all put as your top 4 for DLC wants.
Here's mine:
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
2. Poochy (Yoshi)
3. Octane (Rocket League)
4. Heavy (Team Fortress)
Bonus: Shake King (Wario)

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Why later and not now? She already has been "snubbed"from Ultimate. I highly doubt she is going to be DLC.
I'm saying this in case by some chance, it does happen. I don't think it will happen either but I can only imagine how much of this will be blown up in my face if it does, kek.
Either way, I have plans to keep the dream alive. Probably by doing fan art and stuff. If she still doesn't make it to a Smash game well... I tried, ya know. She ain't the first obscure animal mascot platformer I like after all, and she certainly won't be the last. :p

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

Of who is remotely possible,

Phoenix/Maya
Malos
Nia
Lora, bringing Jin and Haze along so that she can employ the Blade Switch mechanic

Phoenix/Maya's chances don't need explaining. Malos could possibly make it in due to his immense relevance across both XC2 and T~TGC. Lora could possibly make it in due to her own role in T~TGC + the trio's continued influence on XC2 as a whole. And Nia could maaaaaybe make it in simply because Rex has no fans even if Pyra/Mythra do.

I'd really like for the roster to have Nopon representation (kind of the one thing tying the Xenoblade IP together aside from the presence of robot/cyborg girls), but Riki is already in more non-Fighter roles (Assist Trophy, Final Smash participant, Master Spirit dojo operator, etc.) than any other character in Ultimate so good luck with that. Meanwhile Kasandra will be lucky just to ever even get referenced again lmao. (STILL BEST GIRL ALWAYS THOUGH.)

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I know it's already been said, but anyone can use inspect element. It is easy to use it to make people say something they never said.

Like this.
vergespect.png

D

Deleted member

I know it's already been said, but anyone can use inspect element. It is easy to use it to make people say something they never said.

Like this.
View attachment 251358
Then again, the major blunder of this is that people will rush to the main website to see if it is real.

Don't get me wrong; my old high school classmates used to bully me with this when they edited out both Ariana Grande and Fifth Harmony's tweets to make them sound like they oppose me.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman

2B
Dart Field/Rose from Legend of the Dragoon
Morrigan
Nero/Vergil/Dante

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Don't say you support Geno if you haven't heard Geno's angelic voice.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Don't say you support Geno if you haven't heard Geno's angelic voice.

The pause between ‘Geno’ and the second part of the attack name made me think for a second that he just suddenly screamed out his own name for no reason like a battlecry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The pause between ‘Geno’ and the second part of the attack name made me think for a second that he just suddenly scream out his own name for no reason like a battlecry.
I'd like Geno a lot more if he was like a Pokemon and could only say "Geno."

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman

Okay, I'll even play by arbitrary rules dictated without merit by the Smash bubble, so Shantae, my darling, your Spirit deconfirms you for this stupid, hypothetical list.

XWkDpnt.png

Look what you monsters made me do...

Also not including Lyn or Midna/Wolf Link since they're negated to Assist Trophies, even though they should've joined the roster a long time ago. I guess I'm also not going to include characters who are already playable but are in desperate need of a drastic playstyle overhaul (like Samus and Young Link).

5. Paper Mario: Ever since Thousand Year Door, I figured this version was a shoe-in. A glass canon with a hammer and tons of sidekicks to come to his aid, and it would be awesome if his Final Smash was the Star Beam from Paper Mario 64. Nowadays, of course, he's had more terrible games than legendary ones, but I still think he has incredible potential, especially if Sakurai draws more from the RPGs and less from whatever the hell Paper Mario has devolved into...

[EDIT: Just remembered that Paper Mario does have a Spirit. I'm too lazy to come up with someone else. My verdict stands.]

4. Chell: I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think a character representing PC gaming is kind of inevitable at this point, and considering how Activision doesn't like to play nice and owns Blizzard, Valve may be our best option. Yes, we could go the Gordon Freeman or TF2 routes, but I think Nintendo would straight up jump at the chance to play with the world of Portal. It's such a great introduction to gaming as a medium while also being a game that literally anyone can play, and the moveset potential could be super dope.

(This slot could also 100% go to a Minecraft rep, which I also think is kind of inevitable, but I'd personally rather have Chell because...I mean, come on. GLaDOS as a stage hazard? Or even a WoL boss? The music tracks, the Mii costumes...I'm sorry to all the Minecraft fans out there, the game really is so much more than just a kiddie meme and has earned a spot in gaming history, but in terms of Smash content, Portal just has so much more to offer.)

3. The Prince of All Cosmos: What started as a joke want has quickly turned into one of my most wanted fighters simply because I know he'd be crazy to play as. I love the idea of a character with a playstyle gimmick that's so outrageous and different, and The Prince would definitely fit that bill. It would also allow Sora Ltd. to inject some more zany humor into Smash in the form of music tracks and a stage, which I always appreciate.

2. Ms. Pac-Man: Yeah, that's right, I'm tossing an Echo on here. I just want to know why. I just want to know how Namco overlooked this. They're helping develop the game. PAC-MAN is already right there. Ultimate introduced the concept of Echoes, so they knew the audience would be cool with clones this time around. Leaving out gaming's first lady twice just seems too wrong to me. I'd love a whole batch of Echo Fighters ranging from Urbossa and Tetra to Metal Sonic and Octolings, but come on Ms. Pac-Man is at the very tip-top of that list!

1. Amaterasu: I don't understand how she's not in yet, guys. I really, truly don't. She would be so much fun to play as. I've already talked about how dope she would be, so I'll just leave that here...

I know we're not playing the "what was relevant at the time" game, but Okami HD for the Switch was released August of 2018. We know that practically everyone at Nintendo is a huge fan of the game, and it would've been fresh on everyone at Sora Ltd's mind as they were polishing the base game and planning the DLC. I think Nintendo specifically would love to include the world of Okami in their crossover for a couple reasons, most notably how unique the stage/music tracks would be and due to the fact that Okami itself is one big love letter to the Legend of Zelda formula.

When I think of the phrase "bringing more game worlds together", the first thing I think of is a new quadrupedal fighter that doesn't play like anyone else, and a gorgeous watercolored stage dripping with traditional classic Japanese iconography that is weirdly, noticeably missing from Smash.
So, as a wise man once said, "'Nuff said."

(Again though I got Banjo and Kazooie so literally everyone else on this list is just a little sprinkle on top of a gorgeous digital sundae.)

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
I'm seeing a lot of support for Travis Touchdown now and that makes me a bit happy. Honestly, whenever mods started to hit Brawl, the Travis skin for Ike was one I downloaded immediately, and I would use him all of the time. Funny enough, there was a Phoenix Wright mod for Ike as well that I used if anyone remembers that. Travis was also my first vote for the ballot, and I know that he might've not been a popular choice I think he at least had a consistent fanbase that still wants him in.

Travis is a character that Suda has always hilariously bugged Sakurai about, who never got added. When Brawl was getting hit by delays and such, Suda let some of his team help work on Brawl and even got a special thanks for it. If it took us so many years to finally get characters like Ridley, K. Rool, or Simon, I believe that the same could happen to Travis. I just hope one of these days, Sakurai finally fulfills the dream of a friend, who never gave up on it no matter how many years passed.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
So has anything happened since Verge's backpedeling yesterday and the Geno thread imploding in on itself?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Okay, I'll even play by arbitrary rules dictated without merit by the Smash bubble, so Shantae, my darling, your Spirit deconfirms you for this stupid, hypothetical list.
I wouldn't say her Spirit disconfirms her, however, Wayforward started campaigning for the character's inclusion after the DLC characters were decided so it's safe to say she's not among them at least for the Fighters Pass.

Nope.

I will not stand for such blatant misinformation from you.

Rex has a fan, and that fan would be me, tyvm
Make that two fans. I found him pretty relatable. (Which probably says a lot about me.)

Plank08

Smash Lord
GUYS this is important!

I have $20 on my account, should I wait and get more to get Ace Attorney, or get Shantae? I’m curious about both and want to get them both eventually

D

Deleted member

GUYS this is important!

I have $20 on my account, should I wait and get more to get Ace Attorney, or get Shantae? I’m curious about both and want to get them both eventually
Learn more about the product you're buying. Read reviews, scores, etc.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
GUYS this is important!

Ace Attorney is worth the money you get 3 games man good deal and there all great Shantae, on the other hand, is also good

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
GUYS this is important!

that depends on your tastes

if you want a pick up and go platformer, Shantae might be up your alley. Ace Attorney is more a visual novel so it's very text heavy with an emphasis on story, but if you like awesome stories and often ridiculous courtroom moments go for that

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
GUYS this is important!

I'd advise Ace Attorney first since it's a more narrative base game, getting it sooner would minimize the risks of getting the story spoiled. With Shantae the focus is on the action, so there is less to be spoiled.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

1. Chorus kids: They're by far my favorite Nintendo game not already represented in Smash and I love rhythm games, and we don't have any rhythm based fighter

2. Porky: He's my favorite Nintendo vilains of all time. I know Earthbound don't really need another fighter, but he would bring a lot moveset wise I think and I just really love his personality.

3. Phoenix Wright: At first I was interested a bit in Wright in Smash, but not that much. But this summer I did the Phoenix Wright trilogy and I fell in love with the character and the franchise, so I really want him. We also don't have character that represent visual novel/point and click game, so he could bring a lot.

4. Steve: I love Minecraft, this and Little Big Planet used to be my favorite game as a teenager. Steve could bring a lot moveset wise (yeah I said that with every of my character but I really think they are all unique) and I think Minecraft really deserve a spot because of how iconic it is.

Other honorable mentions: Professor Layton, Doomguy, Scorpion or Sub-zero, Mugman, Ninten, Rayman. Of course that don't mean I hate any other character that I don't name, but these are really my wishlist.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

In no particular order:
Shantae
Phoenix Wright w/ Maya
Reiji Arisu w/ Xiaomu (Project X Zone)
Rex and Pyra/Mythra/Nia (throwing Nia in there for my bias)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In no particular order:
Shantae
Phoenix Wright w/ Maya
Reiji Arisu w/ Xiaomu (Project X Zone)
Rex and Pyra/Mythra/Nia (throwing Nia in there for my bias)
whoa whoa whoa mark that spoiler right there, that doesn't happen till like halfway through the game

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Number 4: Kazuma Kiryu
PXZ2-Kazuma.png

This ones the character I expect to actually make it in, because Sega is extremely easy to work with so far and because nobody actually expects him, They've always liked picking characters nobody expects. There's not a whole lot that would set him apart from other characters on the roster but his series is great enough that it deserves the exposure.

Number 3: Phoenix and Maya
Tumblr_noczf5o5NA1tpkngio1_500.png

I put them as a duo because I believe if Phoenix made it in they would use his MVC3 moveset as a base and Maya is heavily featured in that moveset.

Number 2: Professor Layton
professor-layton-png.png

I personally view his series as the 2000's castlevania. As in a third party series that's so closely associated with Nintendo that it just kinda fits in with Nintendo's other titles. It's one of my favorite series of all time and I think Hershell could bring some interesting gameplay. Luke could be like Morgana, he shows up in the taunts, victory screens and final smash. Since they are always together.

Number 1: Sora

Download-Kingdom-Hearts-PNG-HD-For-Designing-Use.png

Yeah, yeah. A generic answer, but man. Kingdom hearts is one of the series from my childhood that left an impact on me the most, alongside Sonic, Pokemon, Megaman and Metal slug. All the others are in smash now, so if we got Sora I could have the ultimate childhood crossover between the game series that shaped my childhood. I used KH1 Sora as the reference picture because that's the most likely design he'd have in Smash, his red pajamas are too iconic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally don't know who my top 4 is. I already gotten who I wanted (:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley:) so anyone else would be icing on cake.

But if I had to choose guess it would be Amaterasu, Elma, Crash and Doom Slayer with an honorable mention being Nightmare (Soucalibur) and Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
whoa whoa whoa mark that spoiler right there, that doesn't happen till like halfway through the game
Nah nah nah Nia would just replace the other three altogether if you switched to her. It's like in the game where you can control any character in your party if you want. Make it an old Zelda/Sheik scenario.

EDIT: This is how I cover for my mistakes shhhhhh

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Nah nah nah Nia would just replace the other three altogether if you switched to her. It's like in the game where you can control any character in your party if you want. Make it an old Zelda/Sheik scenario.

EDIT: This is how I cover for my mistakes shhhhhh
2nd EDIT: Nia can have KOSMOS as her only blade. Kill two birds with one stone lol.

D

Deleted member

I still think the reason why people don’t trust verge & sabi and calling all this leakbait is because their most wanteds are not 5 and they’re tired of the deconfirmations*

people back then said that :ultincineroar:&:ulthero: were leakbait realisticly because they look disappointing and want someone else like decidueye and sora but look what happened then

I get the whole joker 2 weeks thing but that dosent mean the sources sabi and verge had are getting fead leakbait it’s just like what I said up there*

I still trust verge sabi and that noa source. Verge and noa source saying it’s not namco is enough for me to believe namco isn’t 5 and if they say this character isn’t 5 then it isn’t 5

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

Lesser-talked? Geno and Steve are off, I guess.

Chase McCain from Lego City Undercover (don't ask)
Porky Minch from Earthbound
Uniracer from Uniracers (literally never ever, thanks Disney)
Maxwell from Scribblenauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom