• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Do not be afraid of your own heart. Do not be afraid of the mob. Do not sacrifice what you think and feel, your soul, just because a bunch of strangers won't let you into their "cool club". If it is a character they think poorly of, or if its a character that they think highly of that you have a different opinion on, do not censor yourself.
I agree with a lot of stuff in your post, but this especially strikes a chord with me... and actually, it's as a fan of Geno.

I genuinely love Geno, and I've posted my stupidly long, sentimental Twitter thread as to why. I can safely say that I'm no bandwagoner, and I've forged all of my own different ideas with Geno from an artistic and literary perspective ever since I became a fan of his. My friends and I often joke that he's 'practically my character now'. However, there are a lot of days I am afraid of being a Geno supporter, because the angry mobs against him are quite enormous. I don't mean people who don't care for or even hate him, but the people who go out of their way to harass people who innocently like him.

You know what, though? I still do it, because in my heart of hearts, I love my star boy. I'm not going to deny that I love a character just because I fear some internet hate machine or something lol. That'd be silly. Just as such, if your disliking a character gets you bashed, too, then that is silly. Everyone has their own opinion, and that's just what makes us human. Accept this of yourself, and deny the people who won't accept this of you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael please...

Don't do this to me.
Why though? After everything that happened how could we believe Sabi or Vergeben? Still convinced this could be misinformation.

Also why are you taking Sabi's word? Last I recalled not many people take her seriously and not as reliable as Vergeben? :confused:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why though? After everything that happened how could we believe Sabi or Vergeben? Still convinced this could be misinformation.

Also why are you taking Sabi's word? Last I recalled not many people take her seriously and not as reliable as Vergeben? :confused:
MICHAEL.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT
INSPECT ELEMENT IS?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
baboom's been a long time coming, so it's only natural his name is cropping up now

1575848128690.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

So who would y’all put as your top 4 for DLC wants.
I'll try some different ones. I'll go 4 and 2/3 honorable mentions.

1. Rean Schwarzer or Estelle Bright - I absolutely love Trails and would scream of joy of their inclusion. Especially if they find to incorporate the ARCUS system into their moveset. Falcom is the one developer I wish were far more popular. Their worldbuilding and music are amongst the best in the industry. Also the stage possibilities are endless.
2. Akira Howard - Astral Chain is my game of the year. So much moveset potential and a nice coolness to add to the roster. Might be a little late but who knows.
3. Travis Touchdown - The full dark horse and the one character I will be the most surprised to not get in. Plus I think Smash needs a full on fourth wall breaker of a character and who better than this guy.
4. KOS-MOS - She is the most likely Xeno rep now. Moveset potential, character design and more. Plus with Monolith Soft celebrating their 20th, having their mascot character in Smash would perfectly complement their most critically acclaimed game getting a remake.

Three Honorable Mentions as these have no chance getting in.
1. Neptune - While I would prefer my Goddess Noire, the Planeptune CPU would take it. With a stage set at the Basilicom balcony, a moveset around charging into her CPU form and remixes of some OPs and EDs throughout the series as its music. Way to go Neptune!

2. Namco Retro Rep - For the base game I though this was going to be the surprise 3rd Party. I personally would go with Mappy or Dig Dug. Both should have been in as stages.

3. Terra Branford or Noctis Lucis Caelum - The former is one of my favourite female characters of all time and the latter is one of my favourite characters in FF in general. Both have insane moveset potential and stage ideas. I would go with the innocent half Esper over the Last King of Lucis if it was up to me.

This took longer than expected but thats my thoughts.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who's Joe?
Joe Higashi, whose inclusion would break a holy ****ton of rules except for "no more Nintendo characters" and "no ATs" causing speculators to run to their mama.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
she must've deleted it sorry man
Look at my edit. I looked up inspect element. I'm inclined to believe the tweet was real now.

Could indeed be FP5 but given the misinformation that has occurred gonna remain skeptical never the less. Plus Sabi isn't as reliable as Vergeben.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I agree with a lot of stuff in your post, but this especially strikes a chord with me... and actually, it's as a fan of Geno.

I genuinely love Geno, and I've posted my stupidly long, sentimental Twitter thread as to why. I can safely say that I'm no bandwagoner, and I've forged all of my own different ideas with Geno from an artistic and literary perspective ever since I became a fan of his. My friends and I often joke that he's 'practically my character now'. However, there are a lot of days I am afraid of being a Geno supporter, because the angry mobs against him are quite enormous. I don't mean people who don't care for or even hate him, but the people who go out of their way to harass people who innocently like him.

You know what, though? I still do it, because in my heart of hearts, I love my star boy. I'm not going to deny that I love a character just because I fear some internet hate machine or something lol. That'd be silly. Just as such, if your disliking a character gets you bashed, too, then that is silly. Everyone has their own opinion, and that's just what makes us human. Accept this of yourself, and deny the people who won't accept this of you.
I'm really sorry Ovaltime. You really are one of the great posters in that thread. I just realized overtime I don't have the passion for Geno like some of you do. I still want him but, I don't think the thread is the place for me anymore. I do hope you get Geno though because fans like you really deserve it

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, I think anyone can agree that Geno would be better than adding Blue Copper Dark Baby Angry Cosmic Waluigi Jr. or whatever other random nonsense characters they add with no purpose than being filler.

I will never not be mad about Baby Rosalina's illogical existence.
She's not too bad conceptually (other than there's no real reason for her existence). However, her hair color is incorrect unless she died her hair as a young adult.

Edit: Okay looked it up. Its some editing process. Okay the Tweet is probably real then nevermind.
Darn. You found out before I could show you an example. Curse you information age!
Capture.PNG

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm really sorry Ovaltime. You really are one of the great posters in that thread. I just realized I don't have the passion for Geno like some of you so I don't think the thread is the place for me anymore. I do hope you get Geno though because fans like you really deserve it
You really don't need to apologize. If you don't want to be there anymore, that is entirely your prerogative and a valid choice to take. It was nice having you for the time you were there, and you are absolutely Meme Royalty™.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Look at my edit. I looked up inspect element. I'm inclined to believe the tweet was real now.

Could indeed be FP5 but given the misinformation that has occurred gonna remain skeptical never the less. Plus Sabi isn't as reliable as Vergeben.
michael man it's not real, its an edit

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok, things are getting s###-post-y around here. I'll go to bed and let you yanks burn yourselves out and pick through the ashes in the morning.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I've ever seen a single man get so Jebaited in my entire life
I feel bad but at the same time it's really funny

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306

That's the spirit ;w; You have cute art btw!

Me, personally? I get kinda scared because it's hard for me to maintain the balance of being dispassionate to very passionate. I'm either a really cynical person, or I'm really childlike and whimsical. I strive to reach that happy medium someday. I don't like suffocating people too much with my interests. *nervous laugh*

A lot of my picks too are admittedly flavor of the month. I can't really make a support thread for a Sword and Shield mon or a 3H character as much as I want to. By the time this Smash is done with its DLC, it's already time for Sakurai to move onto adding chars from the next games. Of course, I CAN still support these guys, but there are literally hundreds of Pokemon and FE dudes and no one can agree on who is the best character to support. As a result, I simply do not. I just hope that they're in, and if they're not maybe the protagonists of the next games may tickle my fancy.

As a result, Dixie is the most realistic pick I have and honestly, if she gets snubbed from Ultimate too, I'm gonna think about finding ways to spread the love. She's not held back by being replaced by a dozen or so newer characters per game, and that is a blessing in of itself.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Amazing how it’s been 6 months since the Baboom leak and we still have not come up with any new material.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You really don't need to apologize. If you don't want to be there anymore, that is entirely your prerogative and a valid choice to take. It was nice having you for the time you were there, and you are absolutely Meme Royalty™.
I'm still gonna follow you for all your Geno art though. You have an adorable artstyle.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As a result, Dixie is the most realistic pick I have and honestly, if she gets snubbed from Ultimate too, I'm gonna think about finding ways to spread the love. She's not held back by being replaced by a dozen or so newer characters per game, and that is a blessing in of itself.
Why later and not now? She already has been "snubbed"from Ultimate. I highly doubt she is going to be DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom