• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't fully understand what went on here today, I think Fatman and Sabi went to war, and someone got tricked into believing Rillaboom was in, but **** it

Game Awards are cancelled until you can sort out your differences. Keighley out.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
My Top 4:
1. Phoenix Wright (CAPCOM) (Ace Attorney Series)
2. Shantae (WayForward)
3. Reiji Arisu (BANDAI NAMCO) (Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone Series)
4. Crono (Square Enix) (Chronno Trigger)

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

So who would y’all put as your top 4 for DLC wants.
My most wanted characters tend to fluctuate at times, with me wanting different characters more than others at different times. This could change a month from now after Fighter 5 has been revealed, but for my top 4 DLC picks right now...
  1. Phoenix Wright - Besides just having the potential to be a really fun character, Phoenix Wright could also bring a massive amount of content with him. The first three games alone have a colorful cast of characters ripe for supplying Spirits, an amazing soundtrack that could provide enough music to rival Terry's 50 music tracks, as well as two perfect candidates for Echo Fighters (Miles Edgeworth and Young Mia Fey).
  2. Tekken - I'm just listing a series here instead of a specific character since any could fit the role I'm gonna describe (though I think the only likely Tekken characters are Heihachi and Kazuya), but now that we have Ryu, Ken, and Terry all in the same game, it's time we got a Tekken character into the game. We've already got two of the most influential fighting games in Smash, it's about time we added the third one.
  3. Akira Howard - In terms of first-party characters, gonna have to go with Astral Chain. Like Phoenix Wright, they have the potential to be fun (the puppet-based gameplay with the Legions in particular could give us a very unique character), and there's plenty of material for Smash. The soundtrack is especially just superb, so much that I would have zero problems with just straight rips and no remixes.
  4. Waluigi - I want this character, not just because I like him and think he'd be a fun Smash character... but also because of what his inclusion would mean right now: all bets are off. Waluigi becoming playable despite currently being an Assist Trophy would basically be giving the finger to the "No Assist Trophy promotions" fan rule and breaking down the doors for other fan-requested characters. Isaac, Krystal, Skull Kid, Ashley, Shadow, and anyone else relegated to Assist Trophy limbo would have another chance, because if bad thin purple man can make it...

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that?
Fighter #2: Character you despise.
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for.
Fighter #4: Character from a new game
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?!
  1. Reimu I guess
  2. Rabbids
  3. Kyo Kusanagi
  4. Edelgard
  5. Kyo Kusanagi Waluigi

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Could someone fill me in on KOS-MOS? I've never heard of the character, but it seems she's popping up everywhere, now. I do have to wonder if she's big enough to compete with Tales, Tekken or Dark Souls within Namco.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter 1:KOS-MOS
Fighter 2:Bubsy
Fighter 3:Rayman
Fighter 4:Akira Howard
Fighter 5:a GTA Character

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

*Cracks knuckles* Let's give this a try now without too much overlap from my established wishlist
Fighter Who the heck!? = Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers)
Fighter I despise = Crash/Tracer (bleh)
Fighter I've been begging? = I'd probably say Rayman for third-parties, but Isaac for Nintendo owned charatcers.
Fighter Newbie: Akira Howard
FIGHTER OMGTHEY'REINSMASH = Waluigi - just for the lols and to see the community freak out at finally having him as a playable character.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Fighter #1: Axel Stone for Night Gale Night Gale no clue who he is. Forgive me lol.
Fighter #2: Steve, he and Fortnite Jonsey are neck and neck
Fighter #3: Amaterasu of course
Fighter #4: Akira Howard
Fighter #5: Kat from Gravity Rush (I'd be over the moon with joy)

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

1. Sakura from the SEGA game that's supposed to release soon
2. Paper Toad
3. Red (Angry Birds)
4. Team Snakemouth from the Paper Mario spiritual successor Bug Fables
5. Emrel

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Fighter #1: Gryll
Fighter #2: Bandana Waddle Dee
Fighter #3: Adeleine & Ribbon
Fighter #4: Three Mage Sisters
Fighter #5: Mr Shine & Mr Bright

(Kirby pass)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Fighter #1: Ayumi Tachibana
Fighter #2: Uhhh... don't really have one. I'm not huge on Sora, but despise might be a little strong.
Fighter #3: Lycanroc
Fighter #4: Byleth
Fighter #5: Mega Man X

D

Deleted member

There’s still no reason to believe this game awards leak

if that remind trailer gets shown at the state of play instead then it’s possibly dead

and that Russian guy who said pc hzd isn’t even that credible

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just a rough count from the replies I got, but Phoenix is really popular on wishlists. I think I counted his name on 15 different wishlists
If it makes you feel any better, he's actually in my top ten

And this is someone who's never touched a single ace attorney game in their life

I just think he'd be a goofy and hilarious addition who'd also make perfect sense at the same time due to his notoriety with both Nintendo and gaming in general

Pretty sure if you're a hardcore gamer in anyway, even if you've never played AA itself, you at least know about the hearty cry of "OBJECTION!". It's that iconic.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I wasn't the one who supported Axel. lmao He's from a game called Streets of Rage btw.

All you Sora supporters should think about maybe backing proto-Sora a.k.a Sion Barzahd from The Bouncer. :4pacman:
The graphics were so f***ing good.

Sion is the final evolution of Chris Thorndyk and Sora, and Squall is the Mega Evolution.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Personally, its not that people hate Geno, but rather the "fans" (and I would say most of those "fans" are "bandwagoners", not legitimate fans of the character and/or the game he is from). They want the the thrill of tribalism and that high of "winning". If you point towards GameFAQs as an example of Geno being hated, the fact is that place basically hates any character that is popularly requested at all (they seem to be big contrarians in general).

"Bandwagoners" act the same regardless of any fanbase they are in. They gravitate towards any character with a high probability of getting in and a "high stakes and drama" around, and they will go out of the way to attack anyone who does not think highly of their bandwagoned character of choice. And when the character ends up being deconfirmed, they all forget that they ever supported the character to begin with (they did this with Ridley and Chrom during Smash 4), or even join in the detractors in making fun of that character.

You are a real fan. Use your clout to try to get the bandwagoners to act better (I know I tried to use my seniority as perhaps the original Ridley supporter to get them from believing those dumb shadow theories but to no avail).

Myself personally, I am a very big fan of Super Mario RPG, and it was my first RPG ever. It is still one of my favorite games for the SNES. However, my nostalgia and attachment with the game is not with Geno, but various other things with it (heck, Mario himself is very memorable and charming in that game to me).

I think you will get your single most wanted character next year (unless Geno ends up being at the end of the post-pass DLC), so take solace in that.
I definitely don't like calling it clout, haha... I have so many issues with the idea of clout. I just try to be a nice person and I happen to like Geno. That's just who I am. Even so, I do try to show that Geno's fans aren't all bad. We've definitely got our bad apples, that's for sure, but I feel the best way to combat that is with positivity. Sometimes, the nastier ones are impossible to stop, so what better than to drown them out with good things?

Basically, I need help because I can't stop drawing Geno and using it as nice, positive Geno stuff is my excuse to justify this hellish state I can't stop drawing him save me from his death grip

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly, it might just be me, but I don't get the hate that the Geno fanbase gets. The only negative experience I had with them were some rude comments when Erdrick was leaked, but basically every supporter of a non-Dragon Quest Square character reacted that way, so it really isn't fair to single them out for that. Other than that, I have yet to see any of this terrible behaviour that everyone is talking about. I'm sure there's some bad apples, but basically any fanbase will have those.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1. Katalina
2. Bubsy
3. Steve
4. Byleth
5. Hornet Car

D

Deleted member

There’s still no reason to believe this game awards leak

if that remind trailer gets shown at the state of play instead then it’s possibly dead

and that Russian guy who said pc hzd isn’t even that credible
Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe you're acting paranoid in regards to the possibility of KOS-MOS?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

So who would y’all put as your top 4 for DLC wants.
My personal lose my **** fighters pass is

1. Nathan Drake
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Hollow Knight
4. Edelgard
5. Lara Croft

1. Reimu
2. Jibanyan
3. Phoenix
4. Akira Howard
5. Geno

D

Deleted member

Technically, this was Erdrick for me. If I had to choose someone post-Erdrick, it would most likely be.........

Well I guess Digimon. Not a lot of people seem to know what it is or how crazy its monster designs can be, which is a shame. It really speaks to my inner-monster/mecha lover. I know people expect Agumon, but I seriously hope they take from some of the final evolutions.

Morally, I just do not agree with Edelgard when I look at the bigger picture of Three Houses. Playing Blue Lions first might do that to me, but I just can't see eye-to-eye with Edelgard stans right now.

Despite that, I'd totally be down with her in Smash. I might be biased against her, but I'm not an idiot. She'd be cool and bring **** to Smash unique to only her. Plus she'd bring Three Houses to Smash Bros in general, and I really do think it's a solid Fire Emblem game.

Bombermaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

And Sirius and Max, but they're never getting in.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would get me hype. It's far from perfect, but it defined last semester of college for me.

Hat Kid from A Hat in Time. I figure an indie rep like her is pretty impossible and wouldn't be prioritized over Shovel Knight or Shantae. Even if she was a spirit or mii costume, I'd be shocked.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, it might just be me, but I don't get the hate that the Geno fanbase gets. The only negative experience I had with them were some rude comments when Erdrick was leaked, but basically every supporter of a non-Dragon Quest Square character reacted that way, so it really isn't fair to single them out for that. Other than that, I have yet to see any of this terrible behaviour that everyone is talking about. I'm sure there's some bad apples, but basically any fanbase will have those.
I think it was mainly bad with Geno's fans because some, including on this very board, were particularly very vocal against Hero. It was not a pretty time.

Me? I just mourn no female Arusu or Sofia because I'm gay and I like girls :drshrug:

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Decided to change my avatar to reflect my most wanted characters.

I really hope Smash DLC can get both of these icons of Nintendo consoles into Smash bros. They are like the Mega Man and Simon Belmont of the DS era.

Plus they both have great music, even their crossover has phenomenal sounds, probably wouldn't get any content in Smash but it's a good game regardless.

D

Deleted member

Me? I just mourn no female Arusu or Sofia because I'm gay and I like girls :drshrug:
Sofia's design in general is one of the most unique hero designs in the series. Like Female Erdrick is just literally genderbent Erdrick, but Sofia? It's like she's a whole new character! Damn shame she couldn't make it in.

DIApXkrVwAA2tFP.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Decided to change my avatar to reflect my most wanted characters.

I really hope Smash DLC can get both of these icons of Nintendo consoles into Smash bros. They are like the Mega Man and Simon Belmont of the DS era.

Plus they both have great music, even their crossover has phenomenal sounds, probably wouldn't get any content in Smash but it's a good game regardless.
Not the biggest supporter, but I wouldn't mind them, especially Layton, Layton is cool (but people will probably go salt after realizing that he has a sword too).

Plank08

Smash Lord

1: Idk Sakura I guess
2: Fortnite
3:Sackboy
4:Edelgard
5:Shantae

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

4 out of these 5, I can hit with most of my top picks. >_>

1) Quinty (Quinty)
2) Zenos yae Galvus (Final Fantasy XIV)*
3) Elenor Camuel (Phantasy Star Online)
4) (a if you mean 'new to Smash', b if you mean 'recent' [I'm taking it as '2019'])
a) Haruka Amami (THE iDOLM@STER)​
b) Ryne (Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers)**​
5) Segata Sanshiro (SEGA Saturn Ad Campaign)***

* I tempered it somewhat . Went with a character I really dislike from a game that I do like, rather than going all out on the hate-train and picking a non-character or a character from a game I straight-up don't want to support.
** OK, so cheating with an expansion, and Ryne isn't exactly the most realistic pick for SPOILER reasons, but that's all I got for 2019, except for possibly Shiva from PSO2, and that's honestly reaching into the same basket.
*** Kevin Keene works here too, but I went with Segata since he's 3rd party in addition to having the same burden of being a gaming-adjacent character unique to one region.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

1. Jeanne D'Arc (from World Heroes)
  2. Nazeem ("Do you get to the Smash district very often? Oh, what am I saying? Of course you don't.")
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Akira Howard
  5. Morrigan Aensland

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

#2 scares me a bit but eh, why not?

#1. Nuru (Starbound)

Starbound is probably my second favorite sandbox game (second to Minecraft) and the florans are hilarious and have super rad design. They're hyper violent, carnivorous tribal themed plant people that are super quick and nimble, I think a moveset for one of them in Smash would be bonkers.

#2. Travis (No More Heroes)

Not much to say other than I have extreme distaste for him and the games. That's about it.

#3 Octolings (Splatoon)

Already covered it in my last post, but long-story-short: I just really like Octolings.

#4. Cinderace (Pokemon SwSh)

It's my new favorite Pokemon! I'd love to see how Sakurai would translate his fiery soccer ball moves into Smash!

#5. Sora

I would heckin' lose my mind. Wouldn't see it comin' at all.

I would be so heckin' happy.

H3ra

Smash Rookie

#1: Kat
#2: Jonesy Fortnite
#3: Reimu
#4: Zacian
#5: Suguri

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Could someone fill me in on KOS-MOS? I've never heard of the character, but it seems she's popping up everywhere, now. I do have to wonder if she's big enough to compete with Tales, Tekken or Dark Souls within Namco.
She's a robot girl who can use a variety of different weapons, something like Megaman but a lot more agile.

Shes a regular in Namco crossover titles so she wouldn't be out of place in smash. She's Namco's Morrigan or Captain falcon basically

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Looking at Twitter and GameFaqs and fell like I'm about to explode

I especially fell extremely sorry for Jon and the GameXplain people

The next time I see someone say "They have insider info" because Jon predicted one ****ing thing

I'm going to find a way torun over Brain Griffin form Family Guy

D

Deleted member

Looking at Twitter and GameFaqs and fell like I'm about to explode

I especially fell extremely sorry for Jon and the GameXplain people

The next time I see someone say "They have insider info" because Jon predicted one ****ing thing

I'm going to find a way torun over Brain Griffin form Family Guy
Real talk, though, did you see that predictions video? That ****ing powerpoint Jon made was adorable. I loved it.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Not the biggest supporter, but I wouldn't mind them, especially Layton, Layton is cool (but people will probably go salt after realizing that he has a sword too).
I don't think he would use fencing for all of his moves like most sword character. Also I'm hoping Layton uses a metal pipe to fence instead of an actual sword. Layton never really caries a weapon with him since violence is not his first option, but when things get dicey he makes due with whatever is around him and improvises a weapon.
39zgtx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom