• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I just watched part 2 of GameXplains female character video.

A few good choices came up, but overall, "eh...."

No Reimu, no idol game characters, no Heather Mason, no Carmen Sandiego, no Sakura Taisen, no Tokimeki (or dating sims in general), no ORPGs, no MOBAs, no Another Code, etc.
And I'm not going to buy the "Relevant to Nintendo" justification when Aya Brea and 2B are there, and Lightning barely qualifies.

Plus... So much Persona... Lots of series repeated too heavily, honestly.
And series that would be new where they had to pick secondary characters...

But, I know opinions are opinions and all that, so it's whatever, I suppose. :-/

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought y'all thought they were full of it yesterday?

What's changed in this thread today that makes Sabi 100% on the money?
Because now Verge has said something we don't like, so his credibility is out the window.

D

Deleted member

No Reimu, no idol game characters, no Heather Mason, no Carmen Sandiego, no Sakura Taisen, no Tokimeki (or dating sims in general), no ORPGs, no MOBAs, no Another Code, etc.
And I'm not going to buy the "Relevant to Nintendo" justification when Aya Brea and 2B are there, and Lightning barely qualifies.

But, I know opinions are opinions and all that, so it's whatever, I suppose. :-/
I am just glad about the position my girl Pauline got on the list.

Really needed something like that after the events that made me leave two Discord servers which got too out of hand.

Just glad to see big youtubers around who are also wanting Pauline in despite what those fools told me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It all comes down to this.
I can literally feel the tension of the possible reactions here. Like a thousand beasts, across multiple forums and social media sites ready to pounce at the moments notice, clawing their way to being first repliers, seeing the joys and despairs of who it is. After it and the clarification of the official announcements, they go back to the speculation of who is next.

And the cycle of life speculation restarts.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Duuuude, Aya Brea made the list? That alone earns my approval.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You know, one thing I just realized still hasn't been deconfirmed by anybody. . .

:nessecho:

It certainly is weird that Mr Undertale is in without any Spirits. . .
And I joke but this would honestly be one of the few ways that I'd actually care about FP5 if Vergeben's list is true

So is Sabi going to reveal FP5 or is it just going to be clarification?
Considering it's Sabi, I'm willing to bet that it's just a clarification.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you are truly him, riddle me this:

Is Dewritos Mountain Dew-flavored Doritos or Dorito-flavored Mountain Dew?
Dewritos doesn't exist, but Dewitos is Doritos flavored Mountain Dew. Unfortunately, it has yet to be released commercially.

This is actually real.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll be real surprised if Sabi just drops FP5's name after all the song and dance we've been put through.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If you are truly him, riddle me this:

Is Dewritos Mountain Dew-flavored Doritos or Dorito-flavored Mountain Dew?
That is a great question: the true answer is that it tastes like myself! Gamer essence flows from every pore on my body.
Knowing Sabi, it's not going to even be a clarification.

(All according to my grand plan)

Roberk

Smash Champion
You know, one thing I just realized still hasn't been deconfirmed by anybody. . .

And I joke but this would honestly be one of the few ways that I'd actually care about FP5 if Vergeben's list is true

Awww shieeet

1575759282066.png

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
But all of this doesn't make sense. If their sources are able to say who is not in for FP5 by extension they also know who IS FP5.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Fully expecting “My source still knows who the next fighter is, but I cannot share any further details. Take everything with a grain of salt, it could be right or wrong.”

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
But all of this doesn't make sense. If their sources are able to say who is not in for FP5 by extension they also know who IS FP5.
And basically the idea is if they reveal who the fighter is it'll be super easy to trace it back to them. It's safer to say who it isn't because it isn't concrete info.

SKX31

Smash Master
I can literally feel the tension of the possible reactions here. Like a thousand beasts, across multiple forums and social media sites ready to pounce at the moments notice, clawing their way to being first repliers, seeing the joys and despairs of who it is. After it and the clarification of the official announcements, they go back to the speculation of who is next.

And the cycle of life speculation restarts.
tumblr_ps52ty9Sn71ueapts_400.jpg

It would be incredibly weird - but fun - to have Sans the Mii fight Sans the character.

Although I'll also gladly accept Frisk / Papyrus if that winds up happening.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm excited for the incoming glut of non-information that could mean something might happen, but it could also just as easily not happen. :drflip:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey so guys Since Sony reps have been Discussed heavily today I have a question?

Has there been any Instance of a Sony Character making appearances on NON-Sony Platforms? If there hasn't that could be a problem concerning Sony Characters being in Smash

For example, With Kratos he has made appearances in MK9, Soul Caliber 4 (The PSP Version) and Shovel Knight, but they were exclusive to the PlayStation versions of those games.

Has there been a Sony Character that has appeared outside of Sony? Even if none haven't, I Could see this trend being broken and Smash being the exception, but still?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm excited for the incoming glut of non-information that could mean something might happen, but it could also just as easily not happen. :drflip:
"Hey guys I wanna let you know that this could very well happen but my sources are still unsure if it's real or not".

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
At the rate we're going, Sabi is going to post a statement and then deconfirm it by the end of the night.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Sabi, a few minutes from now:

"My final statement regarding Smash was this: I am NOT @NanaKarobi! So stop saying they're my alt account. Anyway look forward to Fighter 5 whenever Nintendo decides to reveal them."

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Good lord, Maxwell might have a chance!?

I'll say at the very least that speculation has been rather interesting the past few weeks, much more fun than arguing about the Grinch leak or the identity of Brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom