• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Alright pack it up, FP5 has been revealed already.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
KOS-MOS has to be the most durable of all rumoured characters so far. We've gone through Ryu, Crash, Doomguy, Geno and Dante, but she's the only whose leak hasn't been debunked yet.
Yeah, most anyone can say is that it's possible the second Cat Leak is piggybacking. Other than that, it's still live until FP5 gets revealed

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"how does it feel to know that phoenix wright is the most likely capcom character for smash ultimate dlc right now?"

me:

3eb.jpg

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If Viper doesn't make it in a hypothetical SF6 Imma riot.
I don't mind Viper in the Street Fighter series, but when she got into MVC3, I felt the same "character stole a slot from another" sentiment that more irrational fighting game fans tend to feel. It didn't help that her moveset, at least visually, reminded me of Captain Commando, a character I was hoping to see return.

Granted, even joking about it, I likely won't have to worry about Viper being in Smash, since Chun-Li is way more likely for a third Street Fighter character.

Alright pack it up, FP5 has been revealed already.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Fake. The real Simpsons rep is gonna be Skinner and Super Nintendo Chalmers.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think the Resident Evil spirits might be foreshadowing for a different playable Resident Evil character to make it in:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think he’s kinda cool, even if I haven’t played his games. Plus, he has Pac-Man on his cap.

I just bring him up because it seems he’s almost never really suggested in these discussions.
His games aren't phenomenal or anything, but they're fun enough.

I just like his design and I think he'd fit well with the cast.

That's all I'm looking for at this point lol.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
If at least we got RE for #5 we should crown Sakurai as the Ultimate Troll Master.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If at least we got RE for #5 we should crown Sakurai as the Ultimate Troll Master.
RE wasn't even seriously entertained until earlier this year, with the expectation spurred mostly thanks to the process of elimination with other big series.

I mean my condolences to those that really wanted a character from the series, it does blow when hopes get dashed, but it's not like Sakurai shot down a character a ton of people have spent years expecting. It's been pretty fringe until recently.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
If Phoenix Wright gets in, I'd like an Apollo Justice alt. I know Apollo is shorter than Phoenix, but I don't care.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Late joke is late and I don't think the spirits disconfirm the series getting a playable character, but I think it's safe to say that Capcom's Resident Evil division got their asses beat in that Super Smash company tournament.

D

Deleted member

I meant that honestly at this point I'm pretty certain every likely FP5 candidate that would satisfy you is disconfirmed.

Though I'd forgotten about Reimu. I guess she could get in.
There is still hope. Just...trying...not...to...bring...her...up...to...this..cursed..thread..

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
RE wasn't even seriously entertained until earlier this year, with the expectation spurred mostly thanks to the process of elimination with other big series.

I mean my condolences to those that really wanted a character from the series, it does blow when hopes get dashed, but it's not like Sakurai shot down a character a ton of people have spent years expecting. It's been pretty fringe until recently.
The amount of time a character has been wanted by someone doesn't inherently really make it anything more or less than others. Resident Evil is bigger than every franchise in Smash except Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Sonic, and Final Fantasy. There's a lot more to shooting it down than just the year it has been more considered for Smash, and more specifically there is 20 years of beloved titles that have reached millions more than a great deal of the more niche "popular requests" that have stayed around speculation for ages. And it was also specifically a series with lots of heavy Nintendo connection and lots of fans in general that really still doesn't have any reason to not be playable in Smash.

It "being fringe until recently" in regards to just more popular Smash speculation just doesn't really cover the situation at all I feel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It "being fringe until recently" in regards to just more popular Smash speculation just doesn't really cover the situation at all I feel.
Yeah I agree. Friendly reminder Dragon Quest wasn't seriously discussed until after it was leaked.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The amount of time a character has been wanted by someone doesn't inherently really make it anything more or less than others. Resident Evil is bigger than every franchise in Smash except Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Sonic, and Final Fantasy. There's a lot more to shooting it down than just the year it has been more considered for Smash, and more specifically there is 20 years of beloved titles that have reached millions more than a great deal of the more niche "popular requests" that have stayed around speculation for ages. And it was also specifically a series with lots of heavy Nintendo connection and lots of fans in general that really still doesn't have any reason to not be playable in Smash.

Adding to that, I remember Leon being pretty popular around the Brawl era, so I don't think the label fits.

D

Deleted member

...Some context behind this, please?
Resident Evil 2 has an extra mode where you play as a block of tofu and have to survive a linear gauntlet of enemies with knives only. It's bat **** stupid and it's easily one of the most memorable memes in the series. So memorable they brought it back for the remake.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If the next DLC fighter is from Capcom then I believe it's a 50/50 chance of it being either Monster Hunter or Phoenix Wright.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Haha, well there goes my “I would almost bet money Leon is in” post from yesterday.

I wouldn’t say I was hoping a RE character got in, but it would have been interesting to see how Sakurai designed them. Ah well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom