• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Uhh, with that kinda thing, I think I still trust Sabi. Despite not really wanting to give her the time of way, and knowing what kind of place the internet is, I'd rather trust her over some rando about something that personal, you know?
yeah I mean, I don't really care.

I just thought it was odd, but I don't know them so probably just identity change.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Well, since the livestream is in the morning, I'm bound to sleep through it because I'm not a morning person (unless I feel like being one)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
10 hours until the end of Miifinity Wars. I just hope Lloyd makes it when it comes to that time. But right now I'm pretty confident in that rumor being false. Almost 48 hours and still no DMCA of the videos on Youtube.

D

Deleted member

10 hours until the end of Miifinity Wars. I just hope Lloyd makes it when it comes to that time. But right now I'm pretty confident in that rumor being false. Almost 48 hours and still no DMCA of the videos on Youtube.
They're just mind games.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's not even potentially the end, though. These costumes are heavily assumed to involve two different characters not related to Terry. And going off their word, we aren't going to see anyone besides Terry in this stream.

It's not over until we at LEAST know the next fighter, and even then...

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Possible LEAK?

I dont know if someone mention this but I think someone found this:

A NeoGeo Controller for Switch!

I guess this controller will be used and talked about in the Smash livestream from what I saw in thumbnail.

I dont know if this exist or not prior to the livestream.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've looked ahead and saw many possible futures.

We only get Lloyd in one.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's not even potentially the end, though. These costumes are heavily assumed to involve two different characters not related to Terry. And going off their word, we aren't going to see anyone besides Terry in this stream.

It's not over until we at LEAST know the next fighter, and even then...
Not really, Leak videos are actually easier and quicker to determine if they're real or not. When real leak content is in a video mainly on Youtube, they get DMCA'd by Nintendo within a few days at the max. While some prop up the idea that they're not doing it for the costumes here to not confirm it's a real leak, it's unlikely as they DMCA leaked content because it's illegal to upload leaked content from companies if there's an embargo up. They HAVE to do it. And they've been doing it right now with the Pokemon SW/SH leaks.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Possible LEAK?

I dont know if someone mention this but I think someone found this: NeoGeo Controller for Switch!
I guess this controller will be used and talked about in the Smash livestream from what I saw in thumbnail.

This Fight Stick already exists.
https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-stick-mini-for-nintendo-switch/

D019

Smash Cadet
its already hit amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Fighting-Stick-Officially-Licensed-Nintendo/dp/B01AJSAAV6

Edit [1]
after rading the review, maybe this isn't the one.
they said it reads the stick as d-pad
Br0wn
3.0 out of 5 starsNeed help w/ controller
May 16, 2019
Verified Purchase
I got the fight stick for multiple games on my switch. It works fine for a lot of them, but on smash, it reads the stick inputs as d-pad, and thus I cannot move in smash. Is there a way to change this setting or can I not play the game at all?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not really, Leak videos are actually easier and quicker to determine if they're real or not. When real leak content is in a video mainly on Youtube, they get DMCA'd by Nintendo within a few days at the max. While some prop up the idea that they're not doing it for the costumes here to not confirm it's a real leak, it's unlikely as they DMCA leaked content because it's illegal to upload leaked content from companies if there's an embargo up. They HAVE to do it. And they've been doing it right now with the Pokemon SW/SH leaks.
Some videos that contained ESRB Leak gameplay and images before the game’s release stayed up. And according to some people, the ESRB videos from the leaker himself were nuked days afterward.

Videos discussing and showing the Ken leak were never taken down, either.

And this leak comes from 4chan, and Nintendo can’t do anythin’ about it there.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Possible LEAK?

That looks photoshopped to me.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Some videos that contained ESRB Leak gameplay and images before the game’s release stayed up. And according to some people, the ESRB videos from the leaker himself were nuked days afterward.

That and I'm pretty sure it came out around the same time they were hunting down the guy leaking SwSh crap.

D

Deleted member

Alright last post before the Terry presentation

The Mii Costumes coming to 6.0.0 might either be all SNK related or Fighting Game related, but I'm just hoping a Mii Costume of Jacket from Hotline Miami gets revealed with Hydrogen as a bonus track. It's very unlikely cause I don't think Devolver nor Dennaton own the rights to the song and Nintendo contacting an artist and a record label looks like more work than talking to Toby Fox directly, but a man can dream.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Might also be worth noting that the ESRB video was put together specifically by Nintendo. I'm not the most versed when it comes to DMCA enforcement but it might be harder to budge an unverifiable video of a dev playing around with a build than it is a definitive unauthorized copy of footage and promotional videos you did not consent to release.

Again, could be 100% wrong here, please correct me.

D

Deleted member

Possible LEAK?

LoL nice try. It's an already licensed product.

Alright last post before the Terry presentation

The Mii Costumes coming to 6.0.0 might either be all SNK related or Fighting Game related, but I'm just hoping a Mii Costume of Jacket from Hotline Miami gets revealed with Hydrogen as a bonus track. It's very unlikely cause I don't think Devolver nor Dennaton own the rights to the song and Nintendo contacting an artist and a record label looks like more work than talking to Toby Fox directly, but a man can dream.
Just give me an Iori or Mai Mii and I'll pass.

D

Deleted member

But here is the thing, most of those videos were taken down whereas right now there is no action from Nintendo whatsoever. If there was at least some movement from Nintendo it would give some credence to the whole DMCA.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Might also be worth noting that the ESRB video was put together specifically by Nintendo. I'm not the most versed when it comes to DMCA enforcement but it might be harder to budge an unverifiable video of a dev playing around with a build than it is a definitive unauthorized copy of footage and promotional videos you did not consent to release.

Even if it wasn’t Nintendo themselves and instead actually was an ESRB employee, Nintendo technically did consent the release of the copy for the ESRB to look over.

But here is the thing, most of those videos were taken down whereas right now there is no action from Nintendo whatsoever. If there was at least some movement from Nintendo it would give some credence to the whole DMCA.
They still did nothing to the videos showing the Ken leak.

And the person who uploaded the unedited videos to YouTube wasn’t the leaker. Maybe that’s why there’s no action? Because the original leaker is completely anonymous? They can’t take legal action if they don’t know who did it. For Pokémon, they only went for the leaker himself, and they only took down the ESRB leaker’s uploads of the footage, and he had his own YouTube account.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if it wasn’t Nintendo themselves and instead actually was an ESRB employee, Nintendo technically did consent the release of the copy for the ESRB to look over.

And the person who uploaded the videos to YouTube wasn’t the leaker. Maybe that’s why there’s no action? Because the original leaker is completely anonymous?
Which leak, the photo one? That one was a single photo, every other leak that contained stuff from the games like the ESRB in Sm4sh and WoL spoilers had takedowns.

They can take down videos even if not the original leaker, why would Nintendo leave a video if its showing content? Most of the videos showing leaks got taken down by them.

That this leak has zero takedowns so far makes the situation quite strange.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

And the person who uploaded the unedited videos to YouTube wasn’t the leaker. Maybe that’s why there’s no action? Because the original leaker is completely anonymous? They can’t take legal action if they don’t know who did it. For Pokémon, they only went for the leaker himself, and they only took down the ESRB leaker’s uploads of the footage, and he had his own YouTube account.
Nintendo's never taken down pictures, even if it's in a video. Only when the source is a video do they take it down because it's straight up easier to take down.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Which leak, the photo one? That one was a single photo, every other leak that contained stuff from the games like the ESRB in Sm4sh and WoL spoilers had takedowns.

They can take down videos even if not the original leaker, why would Nintendo leave a video if its showing content? Most of the videos showing leaks got taken down by them.

That this leak has zero takedowns so far makes the situation quite strange.
Could be Youtube dragging its feet on DMCAs. Really no way to know until we see it happen.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Like I said before, either Nintendo is scared of taking it down, or the leak is fake, or Nintendo is playing mind games with us.
Legal departments don't play mind games.

Could be Youtube dragging its feet on DMCAs. Really no way to know until we see it happen.
That **** is automated. Youtube has nothing to drag their feet over.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay, if they’ll always take down leaked content...

-Did they take down GameXplain’s and RelaxAlax’s videos over the ESRB Leak, Alax’s showing gameplay? (didn’t check if GameXplain’s did) Their videos are still up, from before Smash 4 released.

-How come they didn’t give a crap about the Ken leak? So what if it was an image? It was still leaked content, and they went after the Pokémon leaker who only showed images.

-If their Youtube system is automated, then maybe that’s why, because the system sucks in this case, is being very slow, or they didn’t prepare it.

-If it means anything, there were some people saying some tweets with the video downloads were being taken down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Did they take down GameXplain’s and RelaxAlax’s videos over the ESRB Leak, Alax’s showing gameplay? (didn’t check if GameXplain’s did) Their videos are still up, from before Smash 4 released.

-How come they didn’t give a crap about the Ken leak? So what if it was an image? It was still leaked content, and they went after the Pokémon leaker who only showed images.
All this stuff is honestly confusing to me...I mean, just how does Nintendo force their hands over this stuff?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I think for the Pokémon leaker it was a circus of events leading to Nintendo to find the person through Facebook.

Lesson learned: If one becomes a leaker, don't put your public information out to see.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Both are incredibly easy. YouTube is incredibly pro-corporation when it comes to takedowns so any video that Nintendo were to strike would be automatically be taken down, and considering the nature of the video it would stay down unless it was fake - or maybe even still.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

-If their Youtube system is automated, then maybe that’s why, because the system sucks in this case, is being very slow, or they didn’t prepare it.

-If y’all want to be nit picky, there were some people saying some tweets with the video downloads were being taken down.
The videos regarding the ESRB leak were taken down, and some other channels were affected by it as well.

My personal view on this issue is that if real, Nintendo probably doesn't find themselves to be compromised over a pair of mii costumes; and if fake, well, it's fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom