• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We're still taking him seriously? At this point it looks like he's just begging for attention. He's being very shifty on what Pokemon it is.
I mean, personally I think he's telegraphing Incineroar pretty hard.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Gen 7 Pokemon have disgusting designs, since gen 5 they've run out of ideas like a snow cone and a literal garbage bag for Pokemon.

I hope we get something out of gen 1 like Dragonite which was the best generation by far.

A few from the type of my head I think would work well are

Garchomp
Salamanca
Darkrai
Gengar
Suicune
Alakazam
Kabutops
Hitmomchan little Mac echo fighter pls make it happen
Articuno
Golem

Any of these wound inject some much needed variety into smash's Pokemon Reps

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gen 7 Pokemon have disgusting designs, since gen 5 they've run out of ideas like a snow cone and a literal garbage bag for Pokemon.

I hope we get something out of gen 1 like Dragonite which was the best generation by far.

Garchomp
Salamanca
Darkrai
Gengar
Suicune
Alakazam
Kabutops
Articuno
Golem

Four of the Pokémon you named aren't even from Gen I. Also how is Trubbish any worse than Koffing or Grimer? Both are living embodiments of pollution, with Grimer being water pollution, Koffing being air pollution, and Trubbish being land pollution. This isn't even good bait.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Four of the Pokémon you named aren't even from Gen I. Also how is Trubbish any worse than Koffing or Grimer? Both are living embodiments of pollution, with Grimer being water pollution, Koffing being air pollution, and Trubbish being land pollution. This isn't even good bait.
I never said that the only Pokemon that should be in smash should be gen 1 only.
Just that gen 1 is my fav.

Trubbish is worse because it's just a trash bag Koffing and Grimer have good designs at least and are poison type Pokemon clearly, what's so poisonous about a trash bag?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never said that the only Pokemon that should be in smash should be gen 1 only.
Just that gen 1 is my fav.

Trubbish is worse because it's just a trash bag Koffing and Grimer have good designs at least and are poison type Pokemon clearly, what's so poisonous about a trash bag?
Because trash itself is toxic in the sense that it's representative of pollution. Land pollution, specifically. I still fail to see how Trubbish itself is any different from Grimer or Koffing, who are "just a puddle of sludge" and "just a gassy ball," respectively.

And that's coming from someone who grew up with Gen I. I may not like Garbodor as much (the mouth is off putting) but Trubbish fits perfectly in line with Kantonian design philosophy. Unova's definitely my favorite region, and it makes me sad we never got a Unova Pokémon in Smash. Chandelure would have been amazing.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I used to put Zygarde on my ideal rosters, but I leave him out when I put Isaac in. I'd be interested in Zygarde being in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I used to put Zygarde on my ideal rosters, but I leave him out when I put Isaac in. I'd be interested in Zygarde being in Smash.
Zygarde would be awesome, actually. You could have it shift between the 10% and 50% form somehow, giving access to either a small and speedy canine character or a massive serpentine character. And of course Zygarde Complete would need to be the Final Smash.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Zygarde would be awesome, actually. You could have it shift between the 10% and 50% form somehow, giving access to either a small and speedy canine character or a massive serpentine character. And of course Zygarde Complete would need to be the Final Smash.
There's a ton of potential with all the forms and fun gimmicks like losing or collecting cells.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Smash Direct confirmed for 8/8, taking all bets.
King K. Rool? Geno? Rayman? Ashley? Isaac? No one at all?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's one day before the Switch port of Okami HD releases. If Amaterasu is playable, there's a good chance that this direct is where she gets confirmed.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
That's one day before the Switch port of Okami HD releases. If Amaterasu is playable, there's a good chance that this direct is where she gets confirmed.
The roster will not just be based on fan-service and promotional material.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isabelle. I'm gonna predict Isabelle. She's a big name, often slept on, but insanely popular with Nintendo.

Garchomp
Salamanca
Darkrai
Gengar
Suicune
Alakazam
Kabutops
Articuno
Golem

Not going to lie; Alakazam would make me more hype than anyone bar Captain Toad. I want to hit people with spoons and teleport around the stage flicking them away with psychic abilities...just make sure he plays far differently from Mewtwo please...

Gengar is also a pretty good choice I'd be pleased with. Very few of the new Pokemon appeal to me personally, but I know guys like Decidueye and Inciniroar have their fans so I won't be mad when we inevitably get something like that instead.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hmm... alright, let's make things interesting.
Right out of the gate, I'm betting they're gonna lead with a recent 1st-party character who may not have performed super well in the ballot, but is still well-known to Nintendo fans. There are a couple options this could be - Isabelle, a Gen 7 rep, Ashley, etc. - but I think I'm gonna place my bets on Bandana Dee, with Fountain of Dreams being revealed via his reveal trailer. He's recent, he's relevant, and he'd produce one hell of a reaction considering how much of a rising star he is in the Nintendoverse.
An Echo Fighter reveal during the Direct is practically a given as far as I'm concerned, and we may even see two depending on how long the Direct is. I'm gonna lean toward the conservative side of things and predict one new Echo Fighter, and I'll be ballsy and peg that Echo to be Chrom. No idea why, but I just have a hunch they'd reveal him in a Smash-dedicated Direct like this, especially considering the chance to make a clever reference to "I suppose I'll get my chance another day...". Call it making things interesting, but we'll see how this one turns out.
Finally, I think they'll end off the Direct with someone big, a super heavy-hitter that the fans have been asking for for years. This could mean a couple of different things, but in this case, I'm gonna go with my gut and say it's time for King K. Rool, with the possibility of a double reveal featuring Dixie Kong. He has a massive presence within the Smash fanbase to the point where I honestly feel he wouldn't be revealed anywhere but a Smash-dedicated Direct.
And those are my predictions are far as newcomers are concerned. Not super confident in my picks, but I figured I may as well throw my bets out there and see what happens.
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426683907

Thoughts?

Here's the scary part people can't find the sources of the photos
Source found, leak's dead. YAWN.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Moc up.png

I am not the best at Microsoft paint 3d and its really hard for me to use but this is the best I could do. Thoughts?

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I want to share my new and improved list for potential Smash newcomers before the Direct, as I’m trying to get all my predictions out. I’ve already posted my stage speculation in that category if you guys want to check it out. So as stated previously, Sakurai did say we would have less newcomers this time around, so I’m predicting that we will have around 10 newcomers this time, with two already announced, then we will complete the roster with 5 new Echoes for a total of 15 characters, the same amount as Wii U, but with 3 more Echoes, instead of 3 original characters. Here’s my list

1) Inklings (Splatoon): Confirmed, just posting to fill the 10 spots

2) Ridley (Metroid): Confirmed

3) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country): A very popular pick, he will get in due to his dominance on the Ballot, taking 1st everywhere. He also fills in the gaps of the Donkey Kong series, as DK is missing many members

4) Ashley (Warioware): Just like K Rool, she is extremely popular, and seems to be hinted at by Nintendo and Sakurai’s Twitters. She could also represent the new Warioware Gold, as well as filling a large gap presented by the lack of support to Wario’s franchise in Smash.

5) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby): According to some polls, Bandana Dee took 2nd in the Japanese Ballot, proving him to be a popular pick. He’s also like K. Rool in the sense that he can fill in gaps with Kirby lacking his 4th member. The character has become a staple in the Kirby franchise, so I expect his inclusion with so much going for him.

6) Mimikyu (Pokémon) - We always, Always get a new Pokémon rep from the newest generation, so I don’t believe the tradition will die now. Why Mimikyu though? Well Sun & Moon heavily promoted him, so there was clearly some bias towards him during development as he has his own song. Sakurai would have to get development notes as Sun & Moon wasn’t released yet, so the Pokémon Company could have sent him Mimikyu. Plus Sakurai loves new characters that throw off fans, as Greninja came out of left field, so he may choose Mimikyu to surprise those expecting Decidueye. Plus the Pichu model could be repurposed to save time.

7) Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles) - Their game started development in 2014 apparently, so Sakurai could have known about the game, so even if designs weren’t finished, he could have postponed their inclusion until they were as he clearly had other matters to deal with. Just like FE, I can easily see a new Xenoblade rep make it in to represent the newest title.

8) Celica (Fire Emblem) - Its the Pokémon effect. We always get the newest FE rep in Smash, so obviously it’s a choice between Alm or Celica. I’m going withCelica though as IS promotes her way more with Heroes and Warriors being big examples. She also uses magic, so she can be unique and not another generic anime sword fighter. Also, the fact that her magic hurts her, gives her a more interesting edge.

9) Rayman (Rayman) - Ubisoft is very friendly with Nintendo right now, and Rayman even has pre made 3D models in Smash Wii U as Ubisoft sent them to Sakurai. Rayman has been known for his great platforming titles in both 2D and 3D,so he can easily be the new platforming 3rd party rep in the same vain as Sonic and Mega Man. Smash usually chooses two new 3rd party companies in the base roster, so I think Ubisoft has a very likely chance of being one of two new companies.

10) Steve (Minecraft) - Microsoft gave Nintendo permission to use their characters in Smash, Minecraft is marketed by Nintendo with stuff like the MC 3DS and Mario texture pack, also Minecraft was an indie title which is something Nintendo loves to go after. Minecraft has a high chance in all honesty as it would but an open word builder game in Smash as well as include Microsoft as a new 3rd party in Smash.

Now onto the 5 Echo fighters that I believe will be included.

1) Daisy (Super Mario Bros.): Confirmed

2) Isabelle (Animal Crossing): She is a very popular Animal Crossing character that has been rumored for a while now. With her essentially being a mascot for the franchise, I can see her being a villager echo to add a new face to the Animal Crossing roster, which needs expanding.

3) Chrom (Fire Emblem): Can anyone go against Chrom’s popularity, ever since he was left out of Wii U people have been dying to play as him. Chrom could easily be and Ike echo. With Robin’s Final Smash still being a mystery, Chrom has a high chance at being an Echo.

4) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country): Many believe she could be a echo of Diddy as his tail moves were changed probably because Dixie has no tail. I can see her being an easy echo, although a semi-clone, akin to Doctor Mario, where her upward is changed to a hair spin could also be a possibility, but I’ll put her under echo for now.

5) Octolings (Splatoon): Another villain in Smash, of course people would take that. Octolings are very popular with the Splatoon community, even before the expansion, so I can easily see them taking on their Inkling rivals in the world of Smash.

That will conclude my list before the unveiling tomorrow, to recap here’s the amount of characters I think we’re getting from each franchise.

Super Mario Bros. (1)
Donkey Kong Country (2)
WarioWare (1)
Pokémon (1)
Kirby (1)
Fire Emblem (2)
Metroid (1)
Splatoon (2)
Animal Crossing (1)
Xenoblade Chronicles (1)
Rayman (1)
Minecraft (1)

SweetestB0i

Smash Rookie
Let me preface this by saying I absolutely hate kingdom hearts. Yes, I’ve played most of the games. I just never really understood what people loved about them so much. The story is cringy and convoluted, and I’ve never thought that Disney characters and settings really blended well with final fantasy. That being said, I would actually love to see Sora in smash. At first I was completely against the idea, but the more I thought about it the more he just seemed to fit. I don’t like his games personally, but I can’t deny the impact they have had on gaming as a whole. So many people love these games, and his moveset would be so interesting. I’ve always been a huge supporter of characters who are gaming icons, and Sora definitely embodies this idea. I definitely don’t think he’s as likely as Geno considering his support, but despite how I feel about kingdom hearts i definitely think Sora has earned a place in smash.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
King K. Rool. We know Sakurai hasn't put him in yet because K Rool isn't family friendly (communist who tried to starve Donkey Kong and his family to death). But they care less about that now, that's why they added Ridley. K Rool should be a lock now.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I want to share my new and improved list for potential Smash newcomers before the Direct, as I’m trying to get all my predictions out. I’ve already posted my stage speculation in that category if you guys want to check it out. So as stated previously, Sakurai did say we would have less newcomers this time around, so I’m predicting that we will have around 10 newcomers this time, with two already announced, then we will complete the roster with 5 new Echoes for a total of 15 characters, the same amount as Wii U, but with 3 more Echoes, instead of 3 original characters. Here’s my list

1) Inklings (Splatoon): Confirmed, just posting to fill the 10 spots

2) Ridley (Metroid): Confirmed

3) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country): A very popular pick, he will get in due to his dominance on the Ballot, taking 1st everywhere. He also fills in the gaps of the Donkey Kong series, as DK is missing many members

4) Ashley (Warioware): Just like K Rool, she is extremely popular, and seems to be hinted at by Nintendo and Sakurai’s Twitters. She could also represent the new Warioware Gold, as well as filling a large gap presented by the lack of support to Wario’s franchise in Smash.

5) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby): According to some polls, Bandana Dee took 2nd in the Japanese Ballot, proving him to be a popular pick. He’s also like K. Rool in the sense that he can fill in gaps with Kirby lacking his 4th member. The character has become a staple in the Kirby franchise, so I expect his inclusion with so much going for him.

6) Mimikyu (Pokémon) - We always, Always get a new Pokémon rep from the newest generation, so I don’t believe the tradition will die now. Why Mimikyu though? Well Sun & Moon heavily promoted him, so there was clearly some bias towards him during development as he has his own song. Sakurai would have to get development notes as Sun & Moon wasn’t released yet, so the Pokémon Company could have sent him Mimikyu. Plus Sakurai loves new characters that throw off fans, as Greninja came out of left field, so he may choose Mimikyu to surprise those expecting Decidueye. Plus the Pichu model could be repurposed to save time.

7) Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles) - Their game started development in 2014 apparently, so Sakurai could have known about the game, so even if designs weren’t finished, he could have postponed their inclusion until they were as he clearly had other matters to deal with. Just like FE, I can easily see a new Xenoblade rep make it in to represent the newest title.

8) Celica (Fire Emblem) - Its the Pokémon effect. We always get the newest FE rep in Smash, so obviously it’s a choice between Alm or Celica. I’m going withCelica though as IS promotes her way more with Heroes and Warriors being big examples. She also uses magic, so she can be unique and not another generic anime sword fighter. Also, the fact that her magic hurts her, gives her a more interesting edge.

9) Rayman (Rayman) - Ubisoft is very friendly with Nintendo right now, and Rayman even has pre made 3D models in Smash Wii U as Ubisoft sent them to Sakurai. Rayman has been known for his great platforming titles in both 2D and 3D,so he can easily be the new platforming 3rd party rep in the same vain as Sonic and Mega Man. Smash usually chooses two new 3rd party companies in the base roster, so I think Ubisoft has a very likely chance of being one of two new companies.

10) Steve (Minecraft) - Microsoft gave Nintendo permission to use their characters in Smash, Minecraft is marketed by Nintendo with stuff like the MC 3DS and Mario texture pack, also Minecraft was an indie title which is something Nintendo loves to go after. Minecraft has a high chance in all honesty as it would but an open word builder game in Smash as well as include Microsoft as a new 3rd party in Smash.

Now onto the 5 Echo fighters that I believe will be included.

1) Daisy (Super Mario Bros.): Confirmed

2) Isabelle (Animal Crossing): She is a very popular Animal Crossing character that has been rumored for a while now. With her essentially being a mascot for the franchise, I can see her being a villager echo to add a new face to the Animal Crossing roster, which needs expanding.

3) Chrom (Fire Emblem): Can anyone go against Chrom’s popularity, ever since he was left out of Wii U people have been dying to play as him. Chrom could easily be and Ike echo. With Robin’s Final Smash still being a mystery, Chrom has a high chance at being an Echo.

4) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country): Many believe she could be a echo of Diddy as his tail moves were changed probably because Dixie has no tail. I can see her being an easy echo, although a semi-clone, akin to Doctor Mario, where her upward is changed to a hair spin could also be a possibility, but I’ll put her under echo for now.

5) Octolings (Splatoon): Another villain in Smash, of course people would take that. Octolings are very popular with the Splatoon community, even before the expansion, so I can easily see them taking on their Inkling rivals in the world of Smash.

That will conclude my list before the unveiling tomorrow, to recap here’s the amount of characters I think we’re getting from each franchise.

Super Mario Bros. (1)
Donkey Kong Country (2)
WarioWare (1)
Pokémon (1)
Kirby (1)
Fire Emblem (2)
Metroid (1)
Splatoon (2)
Animal Crossing (1)
Xenoblade Chronicles (1)
Rayman (1)
Minecraft (1)
With the exception of Minecraft Steve (Banjo-Kazooie is more deserving due to their history with Nintendo) and the Fire Emblem reps (too many already), I'd be good if that was the final roster.

Give me Ashley, K Rool, and Dixie and I'll be happy.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
With the exception of Minecraft Steve (Banjo-Kazooie is more deserving due to their history with Nintendo) and the Fire Emblem reps (too many already), I'd be good if that was the final roster.

Give me Ashley, K Rool, and Dixie and I'll be happy.
Everyone got to hate Steve. I honestly think he’s important and deserves a spot. While many say Banjo is more important to Nintendo, I’d actually argue against that as MC is a series that is heavily promoted by Nintendo with the 3DS and the Mario Mash Up pack. Plus MC symbolizes the current bond between Microsoft and Nintendo as MC is what started crossplay between the companies. Really MC is what bridged the gap between Nintendo and a competitor, so if Steve was included, I’d argue that he’s the 2nd most important 3rd party under Sonic, as the two of them are symbols of a competitor joining arms with Nintendo

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok now we want vergeben to be fake now

He private messaged loz18 said some about no Dk rep in base roster (doesn't dlc is down and out)

The ballot is the whole reason I find this hard to believe

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Apparently a music track on the Smash Bros. website got changed into something that's pretty damning evidence for a new character tomorrow.
Dunno if posting about it here is the right place for it though, and it could create a fustercluck if by some anti-miracle said character isn't revealed, so I'm scared of posting about it on the character's support thread.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Apparently a music track on the Smash Bros. website got changed into something that's pretty damning evidence for a new character tomorrow.
Dunno if posting about it here is the right place for it though, and it could create a fustercluck if by some anti-miracle said character isn't revealed, so I'm scared of posting about it on the character's support thread.
To be more clear, the Galaga Remix video got renamed to Bloody Tears/Monster Dance. It's an error on Nintendo's part.

It just guarantees Castlevania music, though it doesn't mean we're guaranteed a Castlevania character(seems super likely to me, though).

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
I mean, personally I think he's telegraphing Incineroar pretty hard.
Thing is, the whole point of being vague is that people imagine whatever they want to imagine, and it gives him an out in case it's a blindside choice.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thing is, the whole point of being vague is that people imagine whatever they want to imagine, and it gives him an out in case it's a blindside choice.
He actually came out and said it was Incineroar tonight.

toonito

Smash Ace
Main: :ultyounglink:

Secondary: :ultlink::ulttoonlink:

Trying Out: :ultcloud::ultryu::ultsnake:

Most Wanted: Ken Masters (my fav SF character and I feel like most of the 1st party characters I want are already in)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My updated guesses for Ultimate are:

Dixie Kong: cut from Brawl and 1st party characters scrapped from a game seem to make it in eventually

Mach Rider: retro pick for Ultimate a bit iffy on him because Sakurai liked him enough to consider him for Melee yet Sakurai liking a character doesn't guarantee a slot so whatevs

Geno: Sakurai's liked him since Brawl and a 2nd Square Enix rep but again not a guarantee

Rhythm Heaven character: scrapped from Wii U version so possible newcomer

Heihachi/Jin (Tekken)/Namco rep: Heihachi was considered for Wii U but Sakurai had difficulty designing a moveset for him; Jin might be easier, if not then a 2nd Namco rep.

Gen 7 Pokemon: A Pokemon from the newest gen at the time of release has been introduced in every Smash game thus far. May be a starter since at least 1 starter has been introduced in all Smash games except for Melee. Also may be more than 1 since every game but Wii U had multiple pokemon.

64: Pikachu (starter in Yellow), Jigglypuff
Melee: Pichu (baby from most recent gen at the time), Mewtwo (legendary)
Brawl: Squirtle (1st stage starter), Ivysaur (2nd stage starter), Charizard (fully evolved starter), Lucario (most recent gen at the time)
3DS/Wii U: Greninja (fully evolved starter from most recent gen)

Possible candidates: Incineroar, Primarina, Decidueye, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, Silvally, the Tapus, Necrozma

Fire Emblem character (Teacher aka Byleth?): Since Melee, a Fire Emblem character from a main series game has been introduced in each Smash game thus far. If not in base roster then a 3 Houses character may be saved for DLC ala Corrin.

Dark Samus: only because of her alt not appearing with Samus. Not appearing as an Assist Trophy yet doesn't always guarantee a character to be playable if that were the case Isaac of Golden Sun would've been playable at some point during 3DS/Wii U. This is the reason I'm not fully on the Shadow for Smash train. Of course, I'm just speculating and I will probably be wrong lol.

Bandana Dee: Due to the Yoshi's Wooly World info where Daisy and Bandana Dee had multiple amiibo even though they only had 1 amiibo at the time. Daisy later became a character so we'll see.

Simon Belmont: Only cause of the leak and 2nd Konami rep possibly rounding out 3rd party companies with 2 reps each.

Capcom: Megaman/Ryu

Sega: Sonic/Bayo

Square Enix: Cloud/Geno?

Namco: Pac-Man/Heihachi?

Konami: Snake/Simon?
Updating my speculation list

Dixie Kong

Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Mach Rider

Geno (Square Enix rep)

Heihachi/Jin (or another Namco rep)

Gen 7 Pokemon: Vergeben stated that it isn't Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc so I'm eyeing Incineroar. Every Pokemon except Ivysaur stands on two legs so that may lower the chances of Primarina, the Tapus, and Silvally.

Simon Belmont: allegedly confirmed so Vergeben seems to have valid sources at this point.

Dark Samus

Bandana Dee

Fire Emblem 3 Houses Character (Teacher aka Byleth)

*New Picks*

Isabelle (Animal Crossing): solely due to Vergeben.

Chrom?: I just remembered Ike is missing his Chrom alt and IIRC he mentions fighting another day. A bit weak but it's something. If true it would be the 1st time since Melee an old and new FE character could be introduced in the same game.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We got a leaker who said "no cuts" and said "Ridley" and also "Simon Belmont" and now we get Castlevania music.

Whether it happens tomorrow or not, we are getting Simon Belmont, Castlevania music and a Castlevania stage.

Our 3rd party character ownership now is as follows:
SEGA: 2 (Sonic and Bayonetta)
Capcom: 2 (Mega Man and Ryu)
Konami: 2 (Solid Snake and Simon Belmont)
Namco Bandai: 1 (Pac-Man)
Square Enix: 1 (Cloud Strife)

If we get another Namco Bandai character, it's gonna be Heihachi Mishima (Tekken).

If we get another Square Enix character... it's probably Sora, but don't rule out Crono or something from Dragon Quest.

(Oh God if we get Heihachi and Crono, my childhood is all in this game!)

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
at the moment the vergeban leak seems to be legit, even though i’m not sure if it’ll end up like the gematsu leak in the near future

whatever the case, i’m certain this morning’s newcomer will be simon, especially after the little mistake the official youtube made earlier this morning

though it seems almost everyone seems to think so too, so really, i doubt anyone will be surprised later today

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
If we get another Namco Bandai character, it's gonna be Heihachi Mishima (Tekken).
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Sakurai has been known to sneak in characters that are easily implemented, and Lloyd had most of his moveset already in Smash 4. That, and Lloyd has a fairly solid case.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Sakurai has been known to sneak in characters that are easily implemented, and Lloyd had most of his moveset already in Smash 4. That, and Lloyd has a fairly solid case.
Lloyd is like... a one shot character of a mildly popular game that came out about a decade and a half ago.

Heihachi is the face of 3D fighters and a gigantic fighting game franchise; the biggest in terms of games sold in all of fighting games actually that continues to grow in popularity (hell it was the #1 topic on Twitter worldwide just Sunday!)

I say that and I like Lloyd and I own at least 2 copies of Tales of Symphonia.
at the moment the vergeban leak seems to be legit, even though i’m not sure if it’ll end up like the gematsu leak in the near future

whatever the case, i’m certain this morning’s newcomer will be simon, especially after the little mistake the official youtube made earlier this morning

though it seems almost everyone seems to think so too, so really, i doubt anyone will be surprised later today
what is the full leak?

(been a bit out of the speculation loop, too busy trying to climb the ranks in amateur Heroes of the Storm tournaments and playing Yakuza 0 the last 3 days haha)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom