• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What do y'all want for dlc (no predictions)
This is what I'd want to see out of DLC.

Isaac, with Felix as his Echo Fighter included as a free Bonus
Bandana Waddle Dee
Tails, with Shadow as Sonic's Echo Fighter included as a free Bonus
Tifa Lockhart, with Zack Fair as Cloud's Echo Fighter included as a free Bonus
Agumon

I don't want to hear any arguments about this, because I already know them all.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
If I could choose dlc, purely out of my desires and nothing else, I’d choose this, with each character having a bonus echo with them:

Skull Kid + Impa as Shiek echo
Geno + Boshi as Yoshi echo (Zinith has actually made me want this a bit, not gonna lie)
King Boo + Dry Bowser as Bowser echo
Dr Eggman + Shadow as Sonic echo
Phoenix Wright + Apollo Justice as his echo

Now, literally none of those have even a remote shot, but that would be the dream if I could choose

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If I could choose dlc, purely out of my desires and nothing else, I’d choose:

Skull Kid
Geno
King Boo
Dr Eggman
Phoenix Wright

Now, literally none of those have even a remote shot, but that would be the dream if I could choose
Well, my "personal DLC picks" should be super obvious.

Just take the first five characters on my signature and boom, there you are.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
If we're going for my personal wish fulfillment list, then:
Isaac
Andy
Lyn
Saki
Ray or Lloyd Irving or Chibi-Robo

===

Yeah, my dreams are ready to be crushed.
While not on my personal list of dream chars, things like Skull Kid, Waluigi, Banjo and Geno would make me happy because they would show that Nintendo is listening to the fans, and people have waited a long time for them. Other characters like Dixie, Rayman, and a handful of others would be nice, too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
  1. SMT Protagonist, 1,2,3, or 4 is fine.
  2. Lyn
  3. Doomslayer
  4. Ryu Hayabusa
  5. Dante.
Realistically, none of them stand even remotely a chance, but... I still want em regardless.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What you want:
  1. SMT Protagonist, 1,2,3, or 4 is fine.
  2. Lyn
  3. Doomslayer
  4. Ryu Hayabusa
  5. Dante.
What you'll get:
  1. Joker
  2. Camilla
  3. Duke Nukem
  4. Asuka from Senran Kagura
  5. DmC Dante
MONKEY'S PAW.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As a Mod, I deleted the accidental double post.

Anyway, for DLC?

-Brian
-Fulgore(Steve or Master Chief is fine too. I expect Steve and have no issues with him)
-Slime
-Agumon

...Can't think of 1 other that I blatantly want. At least that aren't already AT'd. Tails doesn't interest me all that much(Shadow, Metal Sonic, and Rouge I all prefer more), but he is a contender. He's fun to play in Battle, so he would hardly be a bad choice anyway. I could care less about Katalina or a Dragalia Lost character. And I'm doubting Geno(he's not impossible, but it depends if Square wants to see interest in him via DLC sales overall. He could be separate DLC possibly from the Season Pass, though. Like any Echo could, and so on). Chrom's situation makes me wonder if AT's still matter as a true disconfirmation, but I still feel they are. I'm unsure on stage stuff. Tingle I could somewhat see, as Ganon has nowhere near the same requests despite being more iconic. Impa is a bit underrated, but the requests for her are overrated too. Plus, having no concrete character design hurts her a lot. While Ganon has a lot of changes, he has a clearly popular version(ALTTP) that works fine. Impa has popular versions, but it varies a bit too(SS, Oracles, HW all have popularity in their own right for her design, with a bit of OOT thrown in there. At least from what I can tell from what I've seen. I doubt her elderly designs where she uses a cane has a ton of popularity, though that'd be an awesome version to get in too).

If stages mean nothing, Tingle's easily my last pick. Ganon might be the other good option, I guess?

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
As a Mod, I deleted the accidental double post.

Anyway, for DLC?

-Brian
-Fulgore(Steve or Master Chief is fine too. I expect Steve and have no issues with him)
-Slime
-Agumon

...Can't think of 1 other that I blatantly want. At least that aren't already AT'd. Tails doesn't interest me all that much(Shadow, Metal Sonic, and Rouge I all prefer more), but he is a contender. He's fun to play in Battle, so he would hardly be a bad choice anyway. I could care less about Katalina or a Dragalia Lost character. And I'm doubting Geno(he's not impossible, but it depends if Square wants to see interest in him via DLC sales overall. He could be separate DLC possibly from the Season Pass, though. Like any Echo could, and so on). Chrom's situation makes me wonder if AT's still matter as a true disconfirmation, but I still feel they are. I'm unsure on stage stuff. Tingle I could somewhat see, as Ganon has nowhere near the same requests despite being more iconic. Impa is a bit underrated, but the requests for her are overrated too. Plus, having no concrete character design hurts her a lot. While Ganon has a lot of changes, he has a clearly popular version(ALTTP) that works fine. Impa has popular versions, but it varies a bit too(SS, Oracles, HW all have popularity in their own right for her design, with a bit of OOT thrown in there. At least from what I can tell from what I've seen. I doubt her elderly designs where she uses a cane has a ton of popularity, though that'd be an awesome version to get in too).

If stages mean nothing, Tingle's easily my last pick. Ganon might be the other good option, I guess?
Agumon would be cool..... But is he really a video game character?

And remember when we argued about Geno being in base.... look how that turned out:yeahboi: .

But yeah... cool stuff. Have any of you played lets go? What do you think of it?:025::133:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Agumon would be cool..... But is he really a video game character?
Yeah. Digimon started out as a fork of the Tamagochi. A whole bunch of Digimon manga and video games (including the original Digimon World) predate Adventure 01.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah.... but people know Pokemon for BOTH
How is that remotely relevant to the fact he originated from a video game?

There are actual Digimon who originated from the manga/anime first. Like Blackwargreymon. Agumon still started as a game character.

Also, not everybody knew Pokemon from the games too. It released in Anime form in some countries before the games.

Doesn't matter at all. If anything, it just means Agumon will likely reference the anime more with his design, just like how Pokemon notes the anime in multiple ways.

Also, the reason the anime is more known than the games for a lot of people is because the anime is just plain higher quality and consistent with its design. The games constantly have awful ways to digivolve, crap balance, tons of illogical evolution paths, strange plot points, and many didn't release outside of Japan. It's not as worldwide. It makes tons of sense of what people know it as. However, when it comes to actually adding a character, their origins play a way bigger role than just fan perception. Agumon is a popular choice, and Digimon is a very popular franchise(though yes, it has slowly gone down in popularity, though many of that is a lack of games outside of Japan and that the later anime seasons changed things up a lot enough to get people uninterested. Besides that, many overseas fans of the dubs aren't going to be as interested in Digimon Adventure Tri due to the fact it has music they won't recognize, and a style that isn't normally in the dub. Things like attacks being called out is a consistent dub thing, so this makes it hard to appeal to them. It's very understandable why Digimon has a weaker overseas fanbase. Things aren't like it was before when it was far more popular. Pokemon kept the same overall formula with smaller changes, with only Sun/Moon somewhat changing it up, and not entirely. It still has a similar basic idea of the original style).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah.... but people know Pokemon for BOTH
And some people know Agumon for "BOTH" as well
That still means Agumon is a videogame character.
It's not up to opinion or popularity or how people get their knowledge of a character.

He's from a videogame, ergo he's a videogame character.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Agumon originated in the Digimon V-Pets, this makes him as much of a Video Game character as Mr. Game & Watch.

No amount of anime will change this.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Isaac, far and away, hopefully including a Felix echo fighter for free.
Paper Mario
Bandana Dee
Phoenix Wright
Any Ray Mk (from Custom Robo)
These are my most wanted in order. However, I'd trade the bottom four not ever making it to Smash if it meant Isaac could join. That's how much I want him.

If I could get anyone, I would go for:
1) A non-lord Fire emblem character. There are plenty of cool playstyles that could come out of the series that don't simply because lords tend to be fairly similar all-around sword wielders. From Awakening you could have Owain as he sees himself (so weird cursed hand stuff) or the tanky spear-wielding Kellam. Fates could offer Azura as a dancer or Jacob the butler dual-wielding knives. Jedah from Echoes would be a cool necromancer as well as a villain, which the series doesn't have in smash as of yet.
2) Someone from Golden Sun. I don't think it will actually happen, but you know...
3) Magnolia from Bravely Second. I like Edea slightly better as a character but I think Magnolia would be more interesting to play.
4) Bandana Dee. Mostly cause he's cute.
5) Neku. I haven't actually played TWEWY, but I think it would be fun to have a Peter Pan-esque hand-to-hand fighter.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
My DLC wishlist? Simple:

1) Ashley
2) Skull Kid
3) Isaac
4) Geno/Banjo
5) Waluigi

Really, all I'd need is #1, but the other four would make a large swath of people happy, too.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Only character I want to a significant degree is Arle Nadja.

There's also Paper Mario, Banjo, Geno, and Crash Bandicoot for the top 5 alone, but even if they were all put together, I'd still be happier with Arle than any of them.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
How is that remotely relevant to the fact he originated from a video game?

There are actual Digimon who originated from the manga/anime first. Like Blackwargreymon. Agumon still started as a game character.

Also, not everybody knew Pokemon from the games too. It released in Anime form in some countries before the games.

Doesn't matter at all. If anything, it just means Agumon will likely reference the anime more with his design, just like how Pokemon notes the anime in multiple ways.

Also, the reason the anime is more known than the games for a lot of people is because the anime is just plain higher quality and consistent with its design. The games constantly have awful ways to digivolve, crap balance, tons of illogical evolution paths, strange plot points, and many didn't release outside of Japan. It's not as worldwide. It makes tons of sense of what people know it as. However, when it comes to actually adding a character, their origins play a way bigger role than just fan perception. Agumon is a popular choice, and Digimon is a very popular franchise(though yes, it has slowly gone down in popularity, though many of that is a lack of games outside of Japan and that the later anime seasons changed things up a lot enough to get people uninterested.
And some people know Agumon for "BOTH" as well
That still means Agumon is a videogame character.
It's not up to opinion or popularity or how people get their knowledge of a character.

He's from a videogame, ergo he's a videogame character.
that, many overseas fans of the dubs aren't going to be as interested in Digimon Adventure Tri due to the fact it has music they won't recognize, and a style that isn't normally in the dub. Things like attacks being called out is a consistent dub thing, so this makes it hard to appeal to them. It's very understandable why Digimon has a weaker overseas fanbase. Things aren't like it was before when it was far more popular. Pokemon kept the same overall formula with smaller changes, with only Sun/Moon somewhat changing it up, and not entirely. It still has a similar basic idea of the original style).
Yes, Digimon could be considered a video game series.... But most if not all people know it for the anime, yes people do know pokemon for the anime too, but a lot of people know it for the games or both. And I would say he could easily be in smash if it wasn't for that fact that there is little to no pokemon anime representation in smash other than Ash Greninja, I mean we got stuck with a stupid final smash for jigglypuff instead of one that puts you to sleep LIKE IN THE ANIME.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, Digimon could be considered a video game series.... But most if not all people know it for the anime, yes people do know pokemon for the anime too, but a lot of people know it for the games or both. And I would say he could easily be in smash if it wasn't for that fact that there is little to no pokemon anime representation in smash other than Ash Greninja, I mean we got stuck with a stupid final smash for jigglypuff instead of one that puts you to sleep LIKE IN THE ANIME.
This is false. Ash is mentioned among Pokemon Trainer's Smash 4 entry. Pikachu was heavily based upon his anime design. Jigglypuff too, fighting very similar(Final Smashes didn't even exist when she was added. They were just an idea. And she puffs up all the time anyway). Lucario was literally chosen because of the anime and isn't even based upon his game abilities, fully focusing on it. Charizard's moveset also incorporates bits and pieces. One of his throws is literally the style of Seismic Toss from the anime. And those are just a few examples. Reality is, the anime has influenced Pokemon's Smash stuff since the start. And that's not even mentioning Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, which was something that started in the anime first.

Which still doesn't change the fact Digimon started as a game series. It will never matter what people consider it to be anyway. That's a completely irrelevant factor in choosing a game character. Agumon is a video game character first and foremost. If Sakurai decided to base him upon the anime for his moveset? No matter. It's just a way to make him look cool. If that's the best way for him to be recognizable, that's what he'll go with. That's actually important when adding a character; making them appealing. The source of how you do it is really irrelevant anyway. Not when Sakurai is perfectly fine showing off stuff other than regular video game content for characters. In fact, mentioning Ash, who is in no way a game character, proves he doesn't care about this at all. The character's origins only matter for a playable choice to begin with. It doesn't matter how they're represented as long as they feel faithful. Considering people actually like Agumon based upon his anime self to begin with, due to the games not being as well known, that's the logical thing to based him off of. And it works as is, since that makes him more appealing to the majority. It's not like there's any reason to focus on his game abilities for the sake of it. Especially when those abilities have been in the anime too, and are more varied in some ways(or, you know, do both. More moveset options by looking at all sources).

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
This is false. Ash is mentioned among Pokemon Trainer's Smash 4 entry. Pikachu was heavily based upon his anime design. Jigglypuff too, fighting very similar(Final Smashes didn't even exist when she was added. They were just an idea. And she puffs up all the time anyway). Lucario was literally chosen because of the anime and isn't even based upon his game abilities, fully focusing on it. Charizard's moveset also incorporates bits and pieces. One of his throws is literally the style of Seismic Toss from the anime. And those are just a few examples. Reality is, the anime has influenced Pokemon's Smash stuff since the start. And that's not even mentioning Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, which was something that started in the anime first.

Which still doesn't change the fact Digimon started as a game series. It will never matter what people consider it to be anyway. That's a completely irrelevant factor in choosing a game character. Agumon is a video game character first and foremost. If Sakurai decided to base him upon the anime for his moveset? No matter. It's just a way to make him look cool. If that's the best way for him to be recognizable, that's what he'll go with. That's actually important when adding a character; making them appealing. The source of how you do it is really irrelevant anyway. Not when Sakurai is perfectly fine showing off stuff other than regular video game content for characters. In fact, mentioning Ash, who is in no way a game character, proves he doesn't care about this at all. The character's origins only matter for a playable choice to begin with. It doesn't matter how they're represented as long as they feel faithful. Considering people actually like Agumon based upon his anime self to begin with, due to the games not being as well known, that's the logical thing to based him off of. And it works as is, since that makes him more appealing to the majority. It's not like there's any reason to focus on his game abilities for the sake of it. Especially when those abilities have been in the anime too, and are more varied in some ways(or, you know, do both. More moveset options by looking at all sources).
Really? I never knew that Ash was ever mentioned, and I don't think pikachu uses his pokemon anime exclusive, and most of the poke smash characters you could argue are designed of their moves in game, mewtwo can use the shadow ball, which makes him really OP and even more banned in pokemon tournaments, really the games influence the anime influenced smash.

And you say similar things about goku, and god, NEVER GOKU. But Augumon could be a cool character, maybe for his final smash he turn into war metal-greymon and that would be THE BEST, but really I'm more of a guilmon guy..... or maybe even...... vvvvv...... VEEEEEMMMOOOON

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
My wishlist would have to be:

1. Isaac
2. Chocobo
3. Amaterasu
4. Dr Eggman
5. Lloyd Irving OR Bandana Dee

I actually don't exactly care about Bandana Dee but I wish for other players to be happy as well. Besides, he'd represent newer Kirby games and would give us a 2nd Nintendo rep (all others are 3rd party except Isaac).

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Now... which fighter are most excited for returning, newcomer or veteran I don't care, for example if you really like the way they changed ganon, you can choose him, for me it's incenaroar baby.:ultincineroar:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now... which fighter are most excited for returning, newcomer or veteran I don't care, for example if you really like the way they changed ganon, you can choose him, for me it's incenaroar baby.:ultincineroar:
For returning characters, Snake. For newcomers, probably K. Rool, and for Echoes it’s Chrom.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Newcomer: Three-way tie between K. Rool, Ridley, and Isabelle.
Veteran: Ness, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Wario
Returning: Wolf
Echo: Dark Samus

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Shantae
Impa (Hyrule Warriors version)
Cooking Mama
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Banjo-Kazooie
Dixie Kong
Tails

(I know this is more than 5, but these are the characters that I feel like should be in Smash Bros.)

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Returning: :ultsnake:
Newcomer: :ultkrool:
Echo: :ultrichter:
Veteran: :ultrobin: (she can actually move fast!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom