• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Any leaks that predicted what we now know? Not that really any of this was really hard to guess, but maybe somebody leaked the 50 tracks or the stage having walls or something.

Afaik no, but maybe I missed something.

D

Deleted member

If Mai was not suitable for good boys and girls, I guess it's reasonably safe to say Morrigan is (further) off the table. >_>

Unless it was specifically just underpants that are the issue.

At least we did get Psycho Soldier as a track. Or... 2 tracks... Not the deliciously 80s cassette version, but sounded like a better treatment than Smash has given some songs I like, so there's that. The dream is dead for Athena though, I suppose. And the cameo didn't even use the more appealing KoF12/13 design. :-(
The legs were definitely the killer if we got ****ing Blue Mary. I think Morrigan is still possible in a "she wont get censored" way.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
So looks like Fighter 5 is either from Bamco or Bethesda/ZeniMax. Heihachi skipping out on the fighting game costume dump is super suspicious, so he’s likely coming back with Namco. If we can get a hard deconfirm on the Mii Costume leak then I’m almost positive the 5th character is from Bamco. But yeah, this is interesting. Namco is getting a character regardless of the pass it seems.
Possibility of Prince of All Cosmos or Dragonborn? I'll certainly take it!

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So uhhh remember a while back when the Mai Shiranui discourse was hot on this thread and some people were trying to argue that Mai was the most likely SNK character because of the uhhh... reasons for her popularity? Well that whole thing aged poorly considering that Sakurai flat out said no boobs on his Christian Minecraft server.

D

Deleted member

So uhhh remember a while back when the Mai Shiranui discourse was hot on this thread and some people were trying to argue that Mai was the most likely SNK character because of the uhhh... reasons for her popularity? Well that whole thing aged poorly considering that Sakurai flat out said no boobs on his Christian Minecraft server.
"Mai? More like Bye."

-Sakurai

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So there’s no censored version of Mai they could use? I feel like they could have made it work. Just nix the jiggle physics and cover her up more. Seems kinda dumb to exclude a major character. But can’t complain, Cloud came by himself so SNK certainly isn’t lacking.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get FP5 revealed until January. A reveal at the Game Awards just feels too predictable after Joker was already revealed there last year.

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Drake and Josh, deconfirmed

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I won't lie, I was a bit disappointed for the absence of Mark of the Wolves costume. Also I think they didn't include songs from that game. Besides that, the presentation was really great and I loved it! I didn't expect his final Smash being 3x1.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Also while I think a lot of people aren't going to like it; I think that comment about Mai Shiranui basically kills Doom Slayers' chances. If they couldn't get Mai in the background they sure aren't doing Doom Slayer as a playable character.
This is a good point. While sexy and violent are different ends of the spectrum, I find it difficult to think they'd spring for a character whose whole thing is ripping and tearing **** apart into viscera.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So there’s no censored version of Mai they could use? I feel like they could have made it work. Just nix the jiggle physics and cover her up more. Seems kinda dumb to exclude a major character. But can’t complain, Cloud came by himself so SNK certainly isn’t lacking.
ff3mai-2.png

I shared this in the Terry thread but this design probably could have worked.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So not only are "4th" party characters banned but also characters that are considered too revealing are not allowed either.

But anyway, I still think Doom Guy is our final fighters pass character with Geno being the first additional DLC character.

D

Deleted member

Also while I think a lot of people aren't going to like it; I think that comment about Mai Shiranui basically kills Doom Slayers' chances. If they couldn't get Mai in the background they sure aren't doing Doom Slayer as a playable character.
I mean, DOOM's rip and tear was a 2016 mechanic. They can totally just use a bunch of guns and stylized weaponry.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I won't lie, I was a bit disappointed for the absence of Mark of the Wolves costume. Also I think they didn't include songs from that game. Besides that, the presentation was really great and I loved it! I didn't expect his final Smash being 3x1.
Yeah, no Garou songs, though we did get SamSho, KoF, Metal Slug and Athena, so I'm more than happy already. Gotta say, I was not expecting Terry's moveset section to take up so much time. I think over 20 minutes were on that section alone.

D

Deleted member

So not only are "4th" party characters banned but also characters that are considered too revealing are not allowed either.

But anyway, I still think Doom Guy is our final fighters pass character with Geno being the first additional DLC character.
So no Morrigan then

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
This is a good point. While sexy and violent are different ends of the spectrum, I find it difficult to think they'd spring for a character whose whole thing is ripping and tearing **** apart into viscera.
I agree. Which means my hope for Scorpion and Kitana have died as well. Thankfully, I have many more options. But now I wonder, who will be the 5th fighter

Flyboy

Smash Hero
oh my god that was ****ing awesome

FIFTY MUSIC TRACKS. That incredible final smash Literally all my favorite characters appearing, even King! And NO HEIHACHI COSTUME???? I'm in heaven.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Morrigan is far less revealing than Mai. I think it's just due to the no pants and her pose that did Mai in. They put Blue Mary in just fine and that's similar to Morrigan's style. Also they have Bayonetta and Zero Suit Samus. So I think Morrigan will be okay
Zero Suit Samus and Bayonetta are fully clothed and don't show cleavage while Mai and Morrigan do. That's a major difference.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wow, I was totally expecting Terry to not release until 9-10pm like all the other DLCs, but nope, he’s out right now.

No Garou Terry is lame but expected, at least he gets to show off his sick hat collection!

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
So the two leaked Mii costumes weren't deconfirmed, the Crash mii costumes are still on the table, and SNK getting 50 songs adds even more credibility to the Tohou leak having a decent song selection. I'm going to be bold and go with our DLC looking like this:

FP5: Doomslayer revealed at VGA (like a lot of people believe)
First post-pass either as FP1 or an individual like PP: Geno
FP1/2: Ryu
FP2/3: Reimu
FP3/4: Crash
FP4/5: Lloyd/Tales of (potentially a curve ball like KOS-MOS or Agumon)
If Geno is individual, then FP5: Either highly requested (Sora/Steve/Bandana) or oddball (Dixie/Rayman/Phoenix)

With no word deconfirming the Cacomallow leak and so much backing it up, I'm going to hope on Team Real for it. Especially with Geno being such a OG request and Sakurai knocking them out one after another. So I'm seeing Doomslayer and Geno locked. Both Ryu and Crash have very credible leakers behind them and both have had at least 2 different sources (AFAIK) leak them so I'd say they are locked at some point as well. Reimu is a character a lot of people have been sleeping on but seeing Terry bring in 50 tracks makes her still legitimate leak more interesting IMO. This leaves a Bandai Namco rep, I can't see them not getting a single new character and with Heihachi's absence suggest potentially one is on the way. This leaves one spot if they are going to do another 5 round pass which I can honestly see going either way with how this current pass is turning out. Just speculation but I can totally see this panning out that way (or wish it that way since it contains all the characters I am hoping to see make it into SSBU lol).

Untouch

Smash Master
Why would they put the rip and tear stuff in the game even if it wasn't a rating thing, do you actually think Nintendo wants any character ripping Mario in half?

Droodle

Smash Lord
The fact that both Lloyd and Heihachi are still missing, bodes well for a Namco rep being DLC 5; or a post pass character.

That said, really good showcase of Terry. My favorite part of Smash is just seeing what Sakurai does with the characters.

I'm fine with any character being DLC 5, just because I know they will be cool in some way.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
...was kinda hoping for FP #5 against all odds or at least a date for when to expect them.

I mean it'll probably be the VGAs but I really don't want Nintendo's whole presence at the VGAs to be a smash reveal again. :/

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus and Bayonetta are fully clothed and don't show cleavage while Mai and Morrigan do. That's a major difference.
Bayo's clothing shrinks during her smash attacks and you forget about ZSS' alternates where she's in shorts and a tank top. Mai is a super revealing dress with side boobs and no pants. Morrigan has on tights, a corset and keeps her top semi-modestly covered up. I think she's fine

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I also think no Final smash will ever not be some item or projectile hitting you and kicking off a cut scene of some sort of move from the game again

Droodle

Smash Lord
A lot of people are assuming we get DLC 5 at the Game Awards, but I wouldn't be surprised if they save it for the annual January/February direct.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Bayo's clothing shrinks during her smash attacks and you forget about ZSS' alternates where she's in shorts and a tank top. Mai is a super revealing dress with side boobs and no pants. Morrigan has on tights, a corset and keeps her top semi-modestly covered up. I think she's fine
Bayonetta's clothes shrink far less than in her games and Zero Suit Samus' alts aren't revealing at all. Morrigan still has the cleavage problem which will most likely keep her out.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Gang I implore you to check out Kirby’s new voicelines

He screams Powah Wave and it’s the cutest ****ing thing

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There’s a difference between violence and sexualization, and maybe Sakurai thought he’d ruin Mai for fans if he included a censored version of her, so he didn’t bother and got a joke out of it.

He can still include Doomguy despite what he does in his games, and in his original games, he only used guns if I’m not mistaken. Else we wouldn’t have Joker (how he summons his persona), Snake (some stuff that happens in his games), or Bayonetta (yeah...).

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS lives another day. Heihachi mii costume nowhere to be seen..... I still think he's not next though because Terry just got so much love and 50 tracks. The next fighter needs to be an all around fighter like KOS-MOS and we need a damn female character first and foremost.

For those happy about Terry.... he looks so fun and I want to try him out. I'm a much bigger Mai fan but I understand she would never get in after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom