• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The stream starts at 8:00 am where I live which is right when work starts. I just gotta pray no shipments come in for me to do tests on during that time and I should be good.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey guys my uncle is Sakurai and he says he doesn't know what to do for 45 minutes, any ideas?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The last time he did that he upset some dude's girlfriend lol
"I would like to introduce the couple I beat in King of Fighters '95 all those years ago"

*Happy married couple pick up controllers and get ready to play a match with Sakurai.

*Sakurai proceeds to obliterate them with copious amounts of trash talk.

"You were scrubs back then and are still scrubs now"

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The last time he did that he upset some dude's girlfriend lol
I don't remember that bit, only him saying he saw that they were a couple new to the game and that he (Sakurai) was upset about it.

...I really doubt the couple gave a damn about losing in a video game and immediately forgot about it to go do something else (like make out), meanwhile it's stuck with Sakurai for 20 years.

andree123

Smash Ace
How long can you expand on 45 for Terry?
>Terry's presentation
>Stage
>Music
>Coin battle mode
>Last 3 online modes
>Mii costumes
>A little hint that the last fighter is the most complex of all DLC fighters
Rate it.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
"I would like to introduce the couple I beat in King of Fighters '95 all those years ago"

*Happy married couple pick up controllers and get ready to play a match with Sakurai.

*Sakurai proceeds to obliterate them with copious amounts of trash talk.

"You were scrubs back then and are still scrubs now"
1572921086853.png

"Come back after you git gud"

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling this fanbase is about to get BTFO'd on Wednesday.
Ooc where do you stand in regard F5 out of curiosity?

The smash fanbase getting BTFO is nothing surprising really and the whole there must be something else announced reminds me of last year debacle. I think that the message was added to not have the fans hoping for a reveal and getting disappointed.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’m slightly bummed that Wednesday is apparently reserved for Terry and Terry only, but on the other hand I can’t wait to watch Sakurai absolutely nerd out about SNK fighting games.
Like imagine if the stream was only supposed to be 20 minutes like the rest but they just couldn’t get Sakurai to stop talking about his favorite teams and how he ruined a young couple’s chances of ever enjoying a video game.

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Sakurai's actually enough of a KoF fan, and such a detailed oriented person, I could actually see him taking the whole time to go over Terry's moveset and history, plus talking about how it inspired Smash. With the fightstick with him, I could even see him showing off how to do command inputs for the people who don't know how.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume no fighter no. 5 until the Game Awards

Untouch

Smash Master
I can't even fathom the hellscape that'll be the smash community if those costumes aren't shown in Wednesday.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Ooc where do you stand in regard F5 out of curiosity?

The smash fanbase getting BTFO is nothing surprising really and the whole there must be something else announced reminds me of last year debacle. I think that the message was added to not have the fans hoping for a reveal and getting disappointed.
It's complicated. My only real stance on FP5 is that no character is likely. I have personal hopes (Ashley, Reimu, Yuri Lowell). But I have no real prediction on who it might be.

"Because people were calling him Hat Ken, I will now be administering an exam on SNK and the history of Fighting Games. You cannot purchase Terry without proof you have passed."
After opening the presentation, Sakurai turns to the camera.

"Hello, it's Sakurai," all that stuff.

While he's breaking down Terry, he explains why the presentation is so long. He shows off a compilation of cringe "hAt kEn" posts. He then turns to the camera and explains the long and elaborate punishment system he's put in place for these ignoramuses.

(Credit for my friend for helping me come up with this) In short, if you are one of the uneducated "Hat Ken" people, two of Sakurai's bodyguards will come to your house. One will hold a shotgun in your mouth (it will be illegal to fire) and the other will strap you in your seat and force you to watch the whole "History of SNK" segment of the showcase.

If you end up not learning anything and still try to purchase Terry, then you will be summoned to Sakurai's torture chamber and sentenced to death by ass ****. If someone tries to cure his HIV, they'll get tossed into boiling hot lava.

He then says that he will be working on punishments for the other toxic members of the Smash fandom.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I see no reason why they would lie about there not being any info on future DLC fighters. Not sure how exactly they'll use up that full 45 minutes, but lying would only make the fanbase second guess every future statement Nintendo makes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So how will it last 45 minutes if it's only 6.0.0 stuff?

Especially considering that Home Run contest was apparently the last mode.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Implying Terry comes out somewhat soon (or even Thursday), that means theres going to be a even LONGER wait to find out who the 5th character is. That sure is fun.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
All I know is I hope Sakurai shows off his skills and pulls some mad combos
Yeah, Sakurai's gonna go ham. Didn't he beat the stuffing out of a poor unsuspecting victim at KoF/Fatal Fury in an arcade match or something like that? I don't know how the story goes, but didn't that inspire him to make a more accessible and beginner-friendly fighting game later on (Which ended up becoming Smash)?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm guessing we're still getting Mii costumes. Wouldn't consider them unanounced fighters.

Even then, they shouldn't take up much time.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So..... what are we doing for 45 mins then? Unless Sakurai actually sucks at Smash I'm not sure why we need a live stream and 45 mins when the others have been taped and half that

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So how will it last 45 minutes if it's only 6.0.0 stuff?

Especially considering that Home Run contest was apparently the last mode.
Mii costumes and included music could eat up a bit of time. Other than that I guess there could be info on 6.0.0, but given Nintendo has never done a SFV level mechanical overhaul that seems unlikely.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If there are no fighter reveals in the upcoming video then the Mallow/Cacodemon Mii costume leak just took a dark turn assuming the leak was legit and these mii costumes are getting revealed in the upcoming video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom