• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think FP #5 will be shown off, even if the description may suggest otherwise. Technically speaking FP #5 has been formally announced, but we don't know who it is yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think FP #5 will be shown off, even if the description may suggest otherwise. Technically speaking FP #5 has been formally announced, but we don't know who it is yet.
Bu-But Droodle they said no unannounced characters. If Nintendo or Sakurai states it that's that...:crying:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
30 seconds before the Livestream starts, the website updates with a torrent of new fighters.

Hey, they'd be announced beforehand.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
45 Minutes is the longest a smash Presentation ever was (yes, longer than any Smash Direct.)

Everyone is here was 25 Minutes with:
>What is smash
>Everyone is here trailer
>Change for most fighters
>Stages
>Assists
>Items
>Ridley

Final Ultimate Direct was 40 Minutes:
>Incineroar and Ken Trailer
>Overview of Ken
>Overview of Incineroar
>Detailled explanation of Spirit mode that even a instruction booklet wouldn't have that many details
>Piranah Plant announced and Overview
>Fighter Pass Announced
>Lifelight vocal trailer/World of Light

I refuse to believe we're just getting a simple Terry Overview when Hero's one was 21 Minutes for:
>Presentation of Each Heroes
>Voice actors
>21 Spells explanation
>Stage tour knowing that it's a traveling stage
>Exhibition match
>Mii Costume

Banjo was 25 with even more:
>Banjo's presentation
>Stage
>Music
>Home run contest
>Mii Costumes
>Terry teaser
>Talk and thanks about future DLC

How long can you expand on 45 for Terry?
Glad to see you're up to your usual analyzing Nekoo!!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The direct has been going on for 30 minutes, Sakurai is enjoying himself playing the game and explaining everything terry is bringing with him.
At this pace we don't know if we'll even get a character reveal, didn't the description of the video say something like that?
Time passes, there's less than 5 minutes left, hope is almost lost, the last 10 minutes were about Mii costumes which some of them we already knew about and online improvements, squad strike and smashdown but we don't care about that at this point.
The presentation is pretty much over, but before that Sakurai adresses us, saying:
"I know you all are excited to know the next character who will be joining the fight, but right now we aren't ready to show them to you, please give us a bit more time".
The man dismisses the direct, it was fun but we were expecting a bit more, he's waving his hand saying goodbye and thanking us for tuning in.
Just when the screen is about to go black, we hear a man shouting "Objection!" and the rest is history...
The second point in the description of the video does talk about possible interruptions during the broadcast.

Hmm....

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Its 10 minutes of Terry and the rest is him talking about how he went to the offices of SNK and played them in Smash

KatKit

Smash Lord
Watch the presentation is like 5 minutes long, and the rest of it is Sakurai attempting to beat an SNK boss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

45 Minutes is the longest a smash Presentation ever was (yes, longer than any Smash Direct.)

Everyone is here was 25 Minutes with:
>What is smash
>Everyone is here trailer
>Change for most fighters
>Stages
>Assists
>Items
>Ridley

Final Ultimate Direct was 40 Minutes:
>Incineroar and Ken Trailer
>Overview of Ken
>Overview of Incineroar
>Detailled explanation of Spirit mode that even a instruction booklet wouldn't have that many details
>Piranah Plant announced and Overview
>Fighter Pass Announced
>Lifelight vocal trailer/World of Light

I refuse to believe we're just getting a simple Terry Overview when Hero's one was 21 Minutes for:
>Presentation of Each Heroes
>Voice actors
>21 Spells explanation
>Stage tour knowing that it's a traveling stage
>Exhibition match
>Mii Costume

Banjo was 25 with even more:
>Banjo's presentation
>Stage
>Music
>Home run contest
>Mii Costumes
>Terry teaser
>Talk and thanks about future DLC

How long can you expand on 45 for Terry?
He could pull a November 1st and go super indepth over **** that doesn't need explaining. Plus perhaps he could give a retrospective during it.

Look, nothing is impossible and I'm getting some weird flashbacks from November 1st

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I have a feeling there's going to be another Grinch Leak slaughterfest again on Wednesday.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Maybe since there's that fight stick next to him, he's gonna go into some kind of history lesson? Whether it be about SNK and Terry or even about how Fatal Fury/KoF influenced Smash.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Maybe since there's that fight stick next to him, he's gonna go into some kind of history lesson? Whether it be about SNK and Terry or even about how Fatal Fury/KoF influenced Smash.
The Neo Geo controller is definitely telling of something. But EVEN THEN, I can't see this taking up 45 minutes.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Perhaps the 45 minutes is a safety net?

As in, they're accounting for technical issues by saying 45 minutes. Maybe it'll only be 20-25.
It's saying 45min broadcasting with Sakurai playing the game.
For Hero, they didn't lie when saying the length of the video

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Oh damn or it could be about how they implemented fight sticks into smash and the button lay out
I could see Sakurai stretching that out

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's saying 45min broadcasting with Sakurai playing the game.
For Hero, they didn't lie when saying the length of the video
But Hero wasn't a Livestream, he was pre-recorded.

D

Deleted member

Good catch. Maybe he literally will stream the first Fatal Fury lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
he said Home Run was basically the last single player mode. What if there's new online modes as per datamines?

Also, I'm AT LEAST expecting World of Light to get Very Hard Mode added

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Good catch. Maybe he literally will stream the first Fatal Fury lol.

This picture of Sakurai playing with the neo geo next to him that they're using for the promotional material for this direct makes me doubt its a live-stream. Wouldn't that be a moment from the direct?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
"Because people were calling him Hat Ken, I will now be administering an exam on SNK and the history of Fighting Games. You cannot purchase Terry without proof you have passed."

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I honestly think the "no information about unannounced fighters" is probably just a generic copy and paste statement. No way there's 45 minutes dedicated to Terry, a stage, and Mii Costumes. We already know there's no way it's a livestream for logistical reasons.
The second point in the description of the video does talk about possible interruptions during the broadcast.

Hmm....
Sakurai is murdered during the broadcast and the Smash cast has a trial to solve it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Where I am the stream starts at... 5:00 AM.

Luckily, my sleep patterns are horrible, so I'll likely be awake for it.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Anyone else feel like adding that into the description is weird? Not that they could be lying but,
Hmmm... agreed. It feels like things are being worded in a particular way. And even if we can trust it at its word... something other than a fighter could be revealed, for all we know. No clue what that could be, but.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It was a bad idea to say up and wait for announcements. We got one sure but now I'm not gonna be able to tell whether it was a dream or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom