• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yo is Sakurai seriously gonna introduce Neo Geo controller support for Smash!!?!?!??!?!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Y'all may talk about Frogger, but all men of culture know Shiori Fujisaki is the ultimate Konami rep. Do the right thing and give dating systems the rep they deserve, Sakurai.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Tfw a frog gets in before your most wanted.

Respect the elders. Even if they are a frog. XD But in all seriousness, I'm still bummed Bomberman is an assist. He was very, very high on my most wanted list during Ultimate's initial reveals. But if a fugging frog makes it into Smash? I think I'll have a new main.

Looks like we don't have to wait long to see if the leak is real or not.

Greninja'd but who cares lmao
Aw yeah, new 45 minute showcase! ****in amazin-

-8 AM

-8 ****IN' AM

1572922532361.png

Attachments

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
So uh judging by leaks, including this one:
View attachment 245092
the one @Flyboy showed which said Phoenix Wright and Terry on Nov 6, and then KOS-MOS by the guy who (supposedly) said Buddy was Banjo's codename

i'd say FP5 is a three way race between Doom Slayer, KOS-MOS and Phoenix. neither have been confirmed nor denied
I'll just quote what I said a few days ago
I feel that November 6th is an easy guess, even before the events that happened this week.

It's a Wednesday, it's in November, and it's close to the timeframe last year's Smash Direct was. People were already expecting the first half of November for Terry anyway too.
Getting the date right here was nothing special.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
I have to admit as much as I still don't think its a 100% lock it's looking more and more like I will have to eat a heaping pile of crow about Slayer in 2 days. Oh well, I'm not mad if he's in at all. In fact, I think it would be really cool but I don't think its the 100% lock a lot of people think it is.

D

Deleted member

Alright this will probably be my last post for tonight.

With 45 minutes, it's the most jampacked presentation to date. I'm mainly hoping for an absolute shocker reveal with the last fighter not being Phoenix, Doom Slayer, or Geno. Instead, it's Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors, but not only that, it's also Yukimura Sanada from Samurai Warriors as an echo fighter. Of course, the odds are stacked against that being reality with what's been happening currently, but it'd be incredibly hype for me to hear it happen (and I say hear because my workplace allows me to wear earbuds during work so at least I can tune in to the audio). Unless we get a last second update from any credible leaker before 3 PST, I'll see ya'll tomorrow :)

Droodle

Smash Lord
Sakurai: Before we start the stream, I want to give a special shoutout to all our sponsors and especially the salty tears of our fans.

For FP #5 I wanted a character that everyone knows and loves; the problem was that two of the characters had so many fans, but only one could get in as FP #5. We worked with what we had a managed to create a compromise.

FP #5: Goomba surfing on a Koopaling, confirmed.

"Goomba and Koopaling surf in"

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
50000000 IQ BIG BRAIN PLAY: Sakurai himself made the leak to see how the fanbase would react to Geno and Doomguy, only to do a bait and switch. You're getting a playable Mallow and Cacodemon, and Geno and Doomguy are actually the costumes.
It makes my eyes sting reading this.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Alrighty, looks like it's time for people to start digging up all the "leaks" that predicted November 6th

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
In the description on YouTube page says no info about unannounced characters.
Can someone look up the English page?
* Information on unreleased fighters is not included.
* Broadcasts may be interrupted or canceled without notice due to system problems.
Please note.

What the hell did they mean by the second point?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wouldn't it be hilarious if both the Doom leak and the Ace Attorney leak were both true? Like one of them is the first post pass character

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Well...Well...Well...Looks like the time (potentially) has come. The presentation for the Legendary Hungry Wolf has been announced for 11/06 but now, in the face of these leaks, Will Terry Bogard walk into Smash alone...Or will there be a a shocking reveal that leaves all of Smashdom in shock? Find out next time on...Super...SMAAAAAASH....BROOOOOOTHERS
!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So how iconic is Frogger exactly and what legacy did he left that'd get him into Smash?

Not too familiar with the character having never played the games.
So iconic that I'm surprised you haven't heard of him. I'm surprised that someone in the world hasn't heard of him, that's how iconic.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What in the world could the man talk about for 45 minutes?! Even if Terry is technical and therefore takes more time to break down, that's still so much time afterwards.

If we're going by his word, Home Run Contest is the last new mode. So that's not as likely.

This is so weird.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Well, it isn't 45 minutes just for Terry. Maybe 6.0.0 has a ton of changes to it? Or the description could be wrong/lying for some reason.

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder if they're counting trailers as information, because unless Sakurai is doing a live tournament, I cannot think of a way he'd talk about Terry for 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom