• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyone wanna check FP5's page ONE MORE TIME to see what the copyright says now? Like if it says either "Id Software/Bethesda" or "Capcom" or even "Monolith Soft/Bandai Namco"

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I said I was on Team Resident Evil and I haven't changed my mind. I'm still sticking with my prediction that the next fighter is a Resident Evil rep.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That doesn't really look like a jiggle, more like it fell off and then snapped back into place.
Yeah, the top of the hat falls sideways a bit and goes back, with the whole hat itself seeming to deform a tad, so it's kinda like the Slime hat's jiggle except it's not as intense. I don't know how else to describe it, so I just call it a jiggle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got back from my first class and...wait, why is everyone hyped?

*checks Twitter*

HOLY ****ING ****

SNK FAM RISE UP

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
anyone wanna check FP5's page ONE MORE TIME to see what the copyright says now? Like if it says either "Id Software/Bethesda" or "Capcom" or even "Monolith Soft/Bandai Namco"
Seems that it hasn't been updated at all, looks like they learned from last time.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I said I was on Team Resident Evil and I haven't changed my mind. I'm still sticking with my prediction that the next fighter is a Resident Evil rep.
I would bet on Resident Evil if I have to a few days ago. Now, with the new leak I don't know.

I think FP5 could be a Namco character as well. But Doomslayer fits in my opinion. We will see! I feel we will have an unexpected surprise and that won't be a character announcement.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Honestly, where are Verge and all of these other so-called leakers when you actually need them when stuff like this happen and the whole fanbase is practically on fire! Now, is the time to say "Hey, WE KNOW SOMETHING!"

Attachments

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh judging by leaks, including this one:
doom leak.png

the one Flyboy Flyboy showed which said Phoenix Wright and Terry on Nov 6, and then KOS-MOS by the guy who (supposedly) said Buddy was Banjo's codename

i'd say FP5 is a three way race between Doom Slayer, KOS-MOS and Phoenix. neither have been confirmed nor denied

D

Deleted member

Honestly, where are Verge and all of these other leakers when stuff like this happen and the whole fanbase is practically on fire! Now, is the time to say "Hey, WE KNOW SOMETHING!"
WE DON'T HAVE ****ING WORD FROM THEM YET.

BUT STILL.

I CAST MY DOUBTS FOR 45 MINUTES

FORGET ABOUT DOOM SLAYER OR GENO

IF THE PHOENIX WRIGHT LEAK IS REAL I'LL GENUINELY BE SURPRISED

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Censor dodging
-tweet removed - talked about the Terry presentation along with the 4chan thread that was screencapped here-

lol I didn't know this one

FROGGER

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, where are Verge and all of these other leakers when stuff like this happen and the whole fanbase is practically on fire! Now, is the time to say "Hey, WE KNOW SOMETHING!"
Don't worry, in a few minutes Sabi will say, "The showcase should prove interesting! Or maybe it won't! Can't say yet! I'm waiting to hear back from some people, so stayed tuned! But get ready for surprises, unless there aren't any!"

It seems the Mallow hat does, in fact, jiggle a bit (not by me, was shared in the Geno thread):

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/471823527645937675/641072027825864715/morejiggle.mp4
That doesn't really look like a jiggle, more like it fell off and then snapped back into place.
After all the he-said-she-said leaks of recent memory, it's nice to get back to a "let's dissect it frame-by-frame" kind of leak.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've checked the other videos of Sakurai showcasing the other DLC fighters they've ranged from 15 to 20-25 minutes.

I think its safe to say we will get our next fighter(s) revealed on Wednesday.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
If Frogger legit got into Smash, then...it's Game Over. That's it. Best game. 100/1. *****/**. Sakurai retires and receives his angel wings. World peace.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
long presentation just after huge leak with a runtime that promises to deliver on said leak?

yup, 40 minutes of terry input moves and 5 minutes of mii costumes confirmed
"You may notice a random assortment of characters on the sidelines. This one is Kyo Kusanagi. He's the protagonist of the King of Fighters series. And this one is Iori Yagami, his rival. And this lady is Mai Shiranui. She's popular for a certain reason that...we couldn't show in Smash Bros. Over here is Ryo Sakazaki. He's the protagonist of Art of Fighting. Looks familiar, doesn't he? He was one of my mains when I played The King of Fighters '95. Next we have Ralf Jones, the protagonist of Ikari Warriors..."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how iconic is Frogger exactly and what legacy did he left that'd get him into Smash?

Not too familiar with the character having never played the games.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
So how iconic is Frogger exactly and what legacy did he left that'd get him into Smash?
Frogger is among Pac-Man, Galaga, Space Invaders, Centepede and other arcade hits of the era.

Edit: Also another Konami rep which would be the most left field rep they coulda had.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
5 mins of Terry, 40 mins of "poor souls".
"This poor soul is Geese Howard, he's fallen off his 30-story building 17 separate times."
"This poor soul is Mai Shiranui, she's contractually obligated to show as much cleavage as possible and can't get the attention of her senpai, Andy."
"This poor soul is Joe Higashi, he hasn't had too many bad things happen to him, poor kid's just as dumb as a stump."

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Nintendo leaked the presentation.

joking, I'm sorry

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
No leak should get credit for guessing November 6 since every leak since Oct 6 has been guessing November 6.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
What a list of potential fighters. At least one of these guys in is in the game if these leaks are to be believed.

Doom Slayer
Geno
Phoenix Wright
Frogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom