• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Apparently that guy that ported the Smash 4 Mallow hat mod was actually trying to help debunk the leak, which he certainly debunked the compression and impossible to mod points.

However, he just seemed to help give the leak more credence with those missing polygons, imo.
That's kind of a drawback.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To be fair, we did get some off the wall Mii costumes when Banjo came out. Goemon, Sans, Team Rocket, Protoman, Zero. None of which had anything to do with Banjo unlike Joker and Hero. This could potentially be the same case with our Legendary Hungry Wolf
Could be, but again, all Square costumes in both Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate so far have released with a Square character. As for Doomguy, if for whatever reason the Cacodemon costume comes with Terry, of all characters, considering Bethesda has no content in Smash so far, It would either mean Bethesda is getting a character for sure (just not Slayer) or not getting a character for sure, because a costume was the best they could get.

Whatever the case, we'll have to wait and see.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
It is now 9:08 am in Japan. Let's see if they announce anything regarding a Smash Direct within the next few hours.

chronikerDelta

Smash Rookie

Saw this posted at Something Awful, is there any credence to this? It's just an image so maybe doctored, but idk seems like a reasonable ending here?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Saw this posted at Something Awful, is there any credence to this? It's just an image so maybe doctored, but idk seems like a reasonable ending here?
you're a little late there... we're back at square one

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Man, I just want this debate on the leak to end already. I just want to know if the leak is real or fake. I was leaning towards real because of the quality of the Mii hats, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
There's way too many deserving first and third-party series for everything to get representation, unfortunately.
Doom is a little more than just deserving, it’s one of the most notable and important video games in history. And when Nintendo is making more DLC without an identified end date because this is the only time they’ll get to have this big crossover, yeah, I don’t think there’s any excusing specifically making Doom nothing more than a Mii costume.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright, I'll admit it, I made the leak.

All I had to do was get Mr. John Nintendo to help me make the mii hats, use some jello to make the Mallow hat jiggly, and get a skilled Ken player to make me look good.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the working day has begun in Japan so now we wait. Then 8 hours later we sleep.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It would be hilarious if there was some sort of Direct soon that has the same effect as the Grinch Leak and Doomguy/Geno are made Mii Costumes. Talk about full circle huh?

That being said, I hope it's real. Both characters deserve inclusion. DOOM for it's legacy and Geno for his fanbase always being persistent.

D

Deleted member

Did all of you forget I'm majoring in 3D Graphics and Design? It wasn't hard for me to make these headgear.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
naw fam

i made the leak

it was a collab between me and an up and coming modder named Bo Pha

Droodle

Smash Lord
50000000 IQ BIG BRAIN PLAY: Sakurai himself made the leak to see how the fanbase would react to Geno and Doomguy, only to do a bait and switch. You're getting a playable Mallow and Cacodemon, and Geno and Doomguy are actually the costumes.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
As an extra point potentially against it, the Grinch leak just recently within the last week turned 1 year old...it wouldn't shock me if the same person is again trying to mess with people.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I should confess that I made the Mii Costumes, I just based them on the real Costumes that I saw behind the scenes.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll admit it, I made the leak.

All I had to do was get Mr. John Nintendo to help me make the mii hats, use some jello to make the Mallow hat jiggly, and get a skilled Ken player to make me look good.
Can confirm. I'm John Nintendo. I also have a sick Ken

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Doom is a little more than just deserving, it’s one of the most notable and important video games in history. And when Nintendo is making more DLC without an identified end date because this is the only time they’ll get to have this big crossover, yeah, I don’t think there’s any excusing specifically making Doom nothing more than a Mii costume.
Maybe that a faithful Doom Slayer moveset would be super violent, and a Mii costume gets around that.

Don't you guys see? My papi is the president of Nintendo. He's an illegal leak dealer in his spare time, and he made this leak to help feed the population of Smashboards.

He was gonna make more fakes to feed us, but he just texted me, he's surrounded by 3,000 ****** from Nintendo right now and might be going for life.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Maybe that a faithful Doom Slayer moveset would be super violent, and a Mii costume gets around that.
Given how they treated some other guests, Doomguy would probably play more like he does in the classic games. Which negates the “ultra violence” issue.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
As an extra point potentially against it, the Grinch leak just recently within the last week turned 1 year old...it wouldn't shock me if the same person is again trying to mess with people.
Thing is the Grinch leak was a blury image of "promotional material" which was just a drawing with shopped additions to it. Additionally, the Grinch leak was making massive claims of like 5 newcomers still on the way despite only one more direct coming up.

This is considerably more impressive as its in game footage. If it is fake, its more similar to the Omni Rayman leak.

I don't see these two being made by the same person.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what to believe about the leak anymore...
- It's POSSIBLE to mod Mii Hats into Ult but very troubling to do so. It hasn't been done to this extent with anyones (including established modders) public knowledge. SO, someone COULD have made these hats and posted them to fake a leak.

- However, the mii costumes HAVE NOT BEEN DEBUNKED YET. No one has come forward yet with anything legitimate claiming they know the source of the video. Could very well be the real deal

D

Deleted member

I don't know what the word is around here but I heard some guy named Joe made the leak
please don't leave me hangin here

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Thing is the Grinch leak was a blury image of "promotional material" which was just a drawing with shopped additions to it. Additionally, the Grinch leak was making massive claims of like 5 newcomers still on the way despite only one more direct coming up.

This is considerably more impressive as its in game footage. If it is fake, its more similar to the Omni Rayman leak.

I don't see these two being made by the same person.
The working thought process was that the person who made the Grinch leak, presumably Mariotehplumber, did so by hiring artists to draw the renders, they could have hired a modder and modeler. Making those specific models wouldn't be hard for anyone who's ever made a model before.

I'm not saying this is for sure what happened, but the timing is odd.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Guys, it was me who made the Smash leaks. I wanted to distract yall from the truth that the last Fighters Pass character was actually the truck from Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing and that Sakurai was cancelling all future DLC because Harada told him too. I knew yall wouldn't have liked the truth, so I modded in some Mii Costumes to keep you all blissfully unaware. I am so sorry for deceiving everyone and I will retire from leaking immediately.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Not necessarily. Doomguy wouldn't be any more violent than Ridley in Smash if we're talking about animations and attacks. Guns are also not a problem since we have Bayonetta and Joker using them. A faithful moveset would make him a run n gun character which is kinda like Mega Man. Gore and violence isn't the main focus of Doom's gameplay, it's the action packed shooting with you being always on the move.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'll grant you the timing does lend itself to idea of the leak be someone ****ing with the community, even if isn't the same guy. Its already making reference to the Ken leak.

. Making those specific models wouldn't be hard for anyone who's ever made a model before.
But what about the J I G G L E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom