• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
There's not nearly enough hostility for that
I can't understand people getting hostile over supposed leaks of a game, they should just chill tbh. But yeah, it's nothing new. Maybe if a leak would feature a character I want for a change I'd be a bit more passionate, but I don't see why you'd be aggressive towards others.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Regardless of the leak's validity or not, which still remains to be seen, Geno and Doom Slayer Mii costumes would be super disappointing because A. You're wasting perfectly good options on Mii fighters, especially Doom which is absolutely an egregious error in my mind (also, you went to Bethesda and got Doom stuff, but only walked away with a Mii costume, that's super lammmmmme) and B. Even ****ing worse because I think the Mii Gunner is by far my least favorite character to play in the entirety of Ultimate and I can't even enjoy their inclusions as Mii costumes because of his slow-ass moveset.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
if we get Doomguy And Ryu that'd be pretty dope five stars from me :ultpiranha: made me lose hope that they'd do anything cool but :ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: And TERRY ARE YOU OKAY BOGARD Nintendo wasn't playing oh yall really want my Money

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So there still isn't a smoking gun on this is there? I compiled a few things we know

• It is possible to mod Mii headgear (though not easy since your everyday modder doesn't have access to the compression tools devs have)
  • Ken's Shoryu being changed was disproven
  • According to PushDustin, it is possible to edit the timer post production
  • There is a lack of info coming from Sabi
  • Verge hasn't said anything yet

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
I can't understand people getting hostile over supposed leaks of a game, they should just chill tbh. But yeah, it's nothing new. Maybe if a leak would feature a character I want for a change I'd be a bit more passionate, but I don't see why you'd be aggressive towards others.
As much as I agree, I can also see why people would start gearing up for war. Geno fans have been there since Brawl and Doomguy somehow got a massive following. If it was between one of them, war would rage. Which makes it so much fun

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Along with the facial expression issue if it's a modded Mii head, if that would be a thing, wouldn't adding the Mallow hat on the head itself increase the head's file size? Would that make the game crash?

Sure, there are mods with Shaggy as a fighter and Fanondorf and whatnot, but they always replace something, they don't add on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regardless of the leak's validity or not, which still remains to be seen, Geno and Doom Slayer Mii costumes would be super disappointing because A. You're wasting perfectly good options on Mii fighters, especially Doom which is absolutely an egregious error in my mind (also, you went to Bethesda and got Doom stuff, but only walked away with a Mii costume, that's super lammmmmme) and B. Even ****ing worse because I think the Mii Gunner is by far my least favorite character to play in the entirety of Ultimate and I can't even enjoy their inclusions as Mii costumes because of his slow-ass moveset.

Someone clearly didn't enjoy Sans.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
So there still isn't a smoking gun on this is there? I compiled a few things we know

• It is possible to mod Mii headgear (though not easy since your everyday modder doesn't have access to the compression tools devs have)
  • Ken's Shoryu being changed was disproven
  • According to PushDustin, it is possible to edit the timer post production
  • There is a lack of info coming from Sabi
  • Verge hasn't said anything yet
I think Sabi is waiting for tonight to prove something.

D

Deleted member

Along with the facial expression issue if it's a modded Mii head, if that would be a thing, wouldn't adding the Mallow hat on the head itself increase the head's file size? Would that make the game crash?

Sure, there are mods with Shaggy as a fighter and Fanondorf and whatnot, but they always replace something, they don't add on.
Theoretically it could, since helmets just don't render the head while hats still have to, but that's all speculation

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Waking up tomorrow is gonna be quite something, I can tell. I wonder how many more pages there'll be here when I wake up in a ~8 hours. . . and if there's gonna be any substantial news.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
So wait...I've been gone for about 3 hours. Are people now questioning the credibility of the people claiming they know the leakers? Or the people claiming they are the leakers? (Or whatever the eff is happening...)

Remember how earlier today I said that people are super quick to doubt leaks, but they'll quickly jump on the "fake" bandwagon? Given the fact that this is a video with footage of Mii fighters that, apparently, would be kind of hard to fake, I'm going to claim my allegiance here: I am on team #VeryProbable.

Look, we are always wanting some solid evidence or something - which is why some of us are on this frickin site multiple times throughout the day - and then we finally got something and we're all like, "Nah dawg. This stuff is definitely fake. #NotMyMiiFighters" What's wrong with all of us?!

Stop starving us, Nintendo!

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Waking up tomorrow is gonna be quite something, I can tell. I wonder how many more pages there'll be here when I wake up in a ~8 hours. . . and if there's gonna be any substantial news.
You know what would be harsh? If you woke to not only find the leak debunked because Nintendo leaked a whole different person for FP5.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Looking at it as "wasting" characters on Mii fighters seems not quite right, as anybody who gets put in as a Mii fighter was never going to make it as a playable character. If Sakurai wanted them to be playable, they'd have been. There was never a chance.

D

Deleted member

B. Even ****ing worse because I think the Mii Gunner is by far my least favorite character to play in the entirety of Ultimate and I can't even enjoy their inclusions as Mii costumes because of his slow-ass moveset.
Someone needs to take a couple of notes from the Agent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So did anything come from the SNK copyrights on the spirit event or do we have to wait until the 5th (the day the spirit event ends in the West)

D

Deleted member

Doesn't mean development, probably more likely that we're spitballing the same exact topic for another 30 pages as we always do.
We love padding **** so much here that everyone thinks we actually discussed something!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Looking at it as "wasting" characters on Mii fighters seems not quite right, as anybody who gets put in as a Mii fighter was never going to make it as a playable character. If Sakurai wanted them to be playable, they'd have been. There was never a chance.
I mean, when you had Doom as the option and you go, "Nah, this is a Mii fighter," it's hard to not look at that as a massive missed opportunity. Geno I can at least understand being the niche type character he is for a very specific part of the fandom. But Doom is DOOM. The proper father of the FPS genre that is known to millions around the world and has shaped so much of the modern gaming world (more specifically in the West, but that's still a huge deal). I can understand not making smaller characters into more prominent roles, but there are characters like Doom Slayer, Sora, and any of the Resident Evil character that are kind of huge deal across gaming and it seems like such an absolute waste to miss the opportunity to make them playable in Smash if you're already negotiating for the content.

It's at the very least a wasted opportunity for a proper crossover that incorporates more of the parent franchise.

D

Deleted member

I mean, when you had Doom as the option and you go, "Nah, this is a Mii fighter," it's hard to not look at that as a massive missed opportunity. Geno I can at least understand being the niche type character he is for a very specific part of the fandom. But Doom is DOOM. The proper father of the FPS genre that is known to millions around the world and has shaped so much of the modern gaming world (more specifically in the West, but that's still a huge deal). I can understand not making smaller characters into more prominent roles, but there are characters like Doom Slayer, Sora, and any of the Resident Evil character that are kind of huge deal across gaming and it seems like such an absolute waste to miss the opportunity to make them playable in Smash if you're already negotiating for the content.

It's at the very least a wasted opportunity for a proper crossover that incorporates more of the parent franchise.
I mean, yeah. He is that iconic.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

There's way too many deserving first and third-party series for everything to get representation, unfortunately.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently that guy that ported the Smash 4 Mallow hat mod was actually trying to help debunk the leak, which he certainly debunked the compression and impossible to mod points which we know already.

However, he just seemed to help give the leak more credence with those missing polygons, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom