• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random people: this speculation period is being really heated right now!

Literally me with my chill mood right now doing speculation:

B63CB8FE-FD50-420D-A8E4-4012270352CE.jpeg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> A few modders keep trying to disprove the leak using head-covering helmets, but apparently using a helmet unloads the mii's head completely (makes sense, it would still render the head otherwise despite the player not seeing it, so the head doesn't need to be there and can be removed by the game incase of clipping problems or just to free up a tad bit of space)

> Porting a Mallow hat or other hats cause a gaping void in the mii's head where the hair should be loaded

> The leak seems to have no such issues

Aw yeah, I'm thinkin' it's real.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wowie I get back from work and the discussion about whether if it's real or fake is still going on 15 pages after. This sure is 1 hell of a ride.

Since there are people that think Geno's chances are over the moon now, I can't stop thinking about this video in particular:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
THEORETICALLY: Doom gets a music track(s) in Ultimate.

Do you guys see ANY possibility that Mick will get to remix some DOOM classics?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man, as much as I want to say "This leak staying alive after all this makes me think it's real", the same dang thing could be said for the Grinch leak, despite the very different circumstances.

I have a genuine headache lol

D

Deleted member

Man, as much as I want to say "This leak staying alive after all this makes me think it's real", the same dang thing could be said for the Grinch leak, despite the very different circumstances.

I firmly believe in its likelihood but will also acknowledge we shouldn't discuss this leak for more than two days.

D

Deleted member

How 'bout the fact that 8 different copies of a character can fight each other on the stage and characters of vastly different power levels can fight each other (Isabelle beating up Ridley) and the fact that its a non canon crossover to begin with.
I said spirit related facts only

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

i think a HUGE question that ppl arent addressing here is: Would Nintendo drop Mii Content related to Fighter #5 BEFORE its release?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
i think a HUGE question that ppl arent addressing here is: Would Nintendo drop Mii Content related to Fighter #5 BEFORE its release?
I doubt it since these Mii costumes (if this is legit) are bound to not be available until a couple months.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

grinch leak but the kill date is much longer than a week

oh what fun we're going to have

1572906997346.png

D

Deleted member

I would assume that those costumes would be dropped along with Terry.

So, are Geno and Doomslayer...... SANS?!
Gonna assume mii costumes are easier to make than fully balanced and unique fighter additions, so they can be prepared months in advance. That's just my take on it anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would assume that those costumes would be dropped along with Terry.

So, are Geno and Doomslayer...... SANS?!
That's what gets me. If this is footage done by testers or whatever, it'd have to be recent. There's no goddamn way they'd still be testing Mii costumes that release alongside Terry as that's in a few weeks at worst, meaning they'd already be done. If these are real they're gonna be alongside FP5 at the earliest

D

Deleted member

Gonna assume mii costumes are easier to make than fully balanced and unique fighter additions. That's just my take on it anyways.
As if Doom Slayer will break the game, that's what I would say.

I was lucky not to get mixed up in the Grinch Leak mess but now I have to deal with nuclear fallout some time later should the leak be fake.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
*ringing bell* EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! THE KEN LEAKER RETURNS. LEAKS TWO MIIS FOR TWO COMPETING FANDOMS. WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP? #TEAMDOOM, #TEAMGENO, #TEAMFAKE OR #TEAMMII?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think a Sans-style Geno costume would be very cool.

Sans always has the same smile on his face with just one exception, even if his eyes still show different emotions.

Geno has different expressions ingame, contrary to Project M/Legacy XP and multiple renders.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*ringing bell* EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! THE KEN LEAKER RETURNS. LEAKS TWO MIIS FOR TWO COMPETING FANDOMS. WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP? #TEAMDOOM, #TEAMGENO, #TEAMFAKE OR #TEAMMII?
Calling dibs on Team Fake over there!

We need Terry to stop all of this.
SNK is our God and Savior.

I’m only marking predictions
Predictions that soon jump to conclusions faster than the research work I submitted in 9th Grade.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a Sans-style Geno costume would be very cool.

Sans always has the same smile on his face with just one exception, even if his eyes still show different emotions.

Geno has different expressions ingame, contrary to Project M/Legacy XP and multiple renders.
Ah, the Megaman from Sm4sh issue

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for Verge to call it out or for Nintendo to force their hand again.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
That's what gets me. If this is footage done by testers or whatever, it'd have to be recent. There's no goddamn way they'd still be testing Mii costumes that release alongside Terry as that's in a few weeks at worst, meaning they'd already be done. If these are real they're gonna be alongside FP5 at the earliest
We could theoretically be in a timeline where NEITHER the Mallow or Cacodemon Mii costumes are dropped w/ Terry, we get NO REVEAL FOR FIGHTER #5 with Terry's drop, and NO MODDERS step forward to disprove the leak...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We could theoretically be in a timeline where NEITHER the Mallow or Cacodemon Mii costumes are dropped w/ Terry, we get NO REVEAL FOR FIGHTER #5 with Terry's drop, and NO MODDERS step forward to disprove the leak...

See I'd complain then but I'd get Terry to test out alongside other gaming **** in general alongside Steam summer sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom