• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adkuate

Smash Rookie
I have a question in my mind since yesterday:

Would you believe it if Atlus give us more content from Persona 5 Royal in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate like two more songs (Take Over and Throw Away Your Mask), two more spirits (Kasumi and Takuto) and a new Mementos theme based on aforementioned game? If so, how could they do that?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Even if the leak is legit, doesn't mean it isn't a Sans deal. I'm neutral on this
Thats unfortunately where I'm leaning towards rn.

Even though the release/reveal schedule is different than what it was at the beginning of the pass, when has Smash ever dropped content regarding an UPCOMING fighter? Cacodemons, man......

D

Deleted member

Would you believe it if Atlus give us more content from Persona 5 Royal in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate like two more songs (Take Over and Throw Away Your Mask), two more spirits (Kasumi and Takuto) and a new Mementos theme based on aforementioned game? If so, how could they do that?
I dare to say that Kasumi could be part of the extra DLC.

D

Deleted member

I would not believe this. I think Jane is dead and the grappling hook is the most Royal thing we're going to get from the game.

It'd be cool to see Panda get Kasumi at least, but a mii costume is probably the only thing you could hope for.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
That same post says the leak is not debunked, it's only proving porting Mii Costumes is possible.
Cool, but it could be a mod then right? There's silence right now in the smash community and someone probably made this really good fake to get discussion going again. Also, even if real this doesn't guarantee characters.

Plank08

Smash Lord
QUICK! Someone find out when that Ken leak happened in between Kens announcement! It could help us figure out when these costumes could be coming

D

Deleted member

Cool, but it could be a mod then right? There's silence right now in the smash community and someone probably made this really good fake to get discussion going again. Also, even if real this doesn't guarantee characters.
It's just Mii Costumes damn it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
All I'm seeing is that the Mallow port drags the leak back into the Maybe Real, Maybe Fake zone, since it seems to cause the back of the head/the hair to vanish and leave a gaping hole in the head, while the leak's Mallow hat has no such problem.

D

Deleted member

All I'm seeing is that the Mallow port drags the leak back into the Maybe Real, Maybe Fake zone, since it seems to cause the back of the head/the hair to vanish and leave a gaping hole in the head, while the leak's Mallow hat has no such problem.
Or probably the programmer did a damn good job doing it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I would not believe this. I think Jane is dead and the grappling hook is the most Royal thing we're going to get from the game.

It'd be cool to see Panda get Kasumi at least, but a mii costume is probably the only thing you could hope for.
tfw jane fails to bear fruit but every other meme you make in the process ends up perfectly predicting p5r's plot anyway

1572905732358.png

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Everyone hitting F5 right now trying to reach the truth of the matter:
1572905735428.png
Sakurai's response, probably:
1572905631661.png

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
The Mallow and Cacodemon hats really are dope models.

THEORETICALLY, if some modder was able to make breakthroughs no one else had, and decided to show off their work via fake leak.... I'd be salty that they'd be such a d***k about it aha

D

Deleted member

Alright guys your right.. I’ll tone down the hype a little bit, I’m just so excited
People clouded by hype are the people who often get too disappointed in the end.

Say that Morrigan was leaked by Verg. I wouldn't believe it 100% and still wait for the reveal.

Also Lesley:OMG VERG LEAKED MAH GURL IT'S OVER HAHAHA

Nevermind that.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
and what other contradictions are there? please don't say anything that isn't a spirit as that isn't related to the current subject
How 'bout the fact that 8 different copies of a character can fight each other on the stage and characters of vastly different power levels can fight each other (Isabelle beating up Ridley) and the fact that its a non canon crossover to begin with.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Alright guys your right.. I’ll tone down the hype a little bit, I’m just so excited
its good to be excited! dont let anyone be a jerk to you; we're just saying its easy to get heartbroken in smash speculation aha

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
QUICK! Someone find out when that Ken leak happened in between Kens announcement! It could help us figure out when these costumes could be coming
Ken leak happened around September 24th and was announced November 1st so over a month between

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I know it doesn't guarantee Doomslayer or Geno as playable characters. I'm not Team Real, I'm more neutral on this, but if I had to choose I would pick Team Fake, at least for now.

About the silence, this isn't the first time we had a silent period in terms of credible leaks. Between Banjo and Terry we only had the SNK copyright. Hero was leaked before Ultimate's release. Joker was a surprise, and Banjo was hinted by shinobi a few days before E3.
If I recall correctly the only leak we had like this one was the Grinch leak, and that was a year ago.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Welp, we are back to square one on this. Personally, I'm still going with A namco rep like KOS-MOS or Capcom like Jill being #5. When i'm wrong I'll just shrug and continue supporting them for the next fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom