• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Another important thing to note about FE is that, while it has only seen super success in this decade, it has been a series that has been around for a long while, and been a thing ever since the NES. Fire Emblem existed before Kirby or Donkey Kong Country were even a thing. And it has consistently had mainline releases since then too, never having the gaps Metroid did and never getting stuck in spinoff hell like DKC did.

This should also point to FE being a pretty major part of Nintendo.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Porygon is my favorite Pokemon and I love the whole line. I even have a plush.

View attachment 240910
You may stay
Another important thing to note about FE is that, while it has only seen super success in this decade, it has been a series that has been around for a long while, and been a thing ever since the NES. Fire Emblem existed before Kirby or Donkey Kong Country were even a thing. And it has consistently had mainline releases since then too, never having the gaps Metroid did and never getting stuck in spinoff hell like DKC did.

Ok but DK and Diddy have realistic sounds like in the DKC trilogy so Sakurai clearly hates Donkey Kong and wants to put stuff in the water that makes frogs like Fire Emblem

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Cynthia has never done anything wrong in her entire life outside of appear in a gen I didn't have any fun with and she and Guzma are two characters I would love in Smash.
Correct answer.

It's funny you would bring up Doom or Halo, because Japan treats those franchises in the same manner you're treating Fire Emblem right now. Someone brings up Doom Marine or Master Chief and they're met with groans of "another western fighter with a gun". They're literally referred to as "Green Samus".
Wait, really? I need to learn more about this.

Now tell me if Porygon Z is good or not so I know whether or not I should banisb you from the LGBT toku community
God, I love using Porygon-Z with Z Conversion in Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon. Such a fun Z-move.

ze9

Smash Ace

This would be a point if 4/7 of the FE characters didn't come from the two most recent games.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This would be a point if 4/7 of the FE characters didn't come from the two most recent games.
It's a tough choice to pick between the three from Awakening honestly:

Robin offers the most ability wise for Smash but he's not actually the protagonist and is the least popular of the trio of main characters.
Chrom is the protagonist and rather liked, but he's somewhat of a weird in between Marth and Ike in terms of looks and abilities
Lucina is the most popular of the trio but suffers from having the same abilities as her father and disguising herself as Marth.

But hey, Robin is the only massively unique character choice and Chrom and Lucina are echoes in Smash due to their popularity with the fanbase.

...now as for why Lyn, the most popular Fire Emblem character bar maybe Ike, is stuck as an assist...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please point out the Three Houses and Shadows of Valentia characters because for the life of me I can't find them.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Please point out the Three Houses and Shadows of Valentia characters because for the life of me I can't find them.
Nahhh, you got that wrong. We need to consider this from the point of view of Ultimate's release date.
Meaning, the two most recent FE games are Shadows of Valentia. . . and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

KatKit

Smash Lord
1, 2, 3, guns here. 4, 5, 6, swords there. And yet... 0 purse wielders. I'm joking because I don't care how anyone fights or what weapons they use (if any) so long as they're fun, but y'all should already know where I'm going with this. Style Savvy. It sold well in Europe, Japan, and in the US, e.g. and it isn't talked about much (and Nintendo could definitely try to hype it up more, but doesn't because... reasons).

Anyway, I was going to mention it in that one female empowerment DLC thread, but decided to post it here instead. In retrospect, Smash really has fallen prey to the "girl show ghetto" trope (take a gander at the video game section and think about some of the gals people are still demanding that are or could fit into the trope. Coincidence?), and more fans need to start reevaluating what they consider joke picks. It's gotten better since Brawl, but female-led series have been hella shafted overall.

On another subject. Do y'all think we'll get any kind of stage DLC after this pass?

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I guess in 5 years time you're gonna be complaining how 2018 released Smash Ultimate doesn't have any character from Fire Emblem: Sacred Sauna - Teatime Edition, the latest release in the franchise.

D

Deleted member

I guess in 5 years time you're gonna be complaining how 2018 released Smash Ultimate doesn't have any character from Fire Emblem: Sacred Sauna - Teatime Edition, the latest release in the franchise.
This is what we in the industry like to call a strawman

Nquoid

Smash Ace
The Pokemon comparison is pretty apt. I can't stand the D/P/P generation.
Diamond and Pearl are my least favourite mainline pokemon games (including the myriad missteps of the previous two gens) and yet Heart Gold and Soul Silver are my favourite pokemon games ever. Gen 4 confuses me.

D

Deleted member

Or people just genuinely like Three Houses because it’s a great game and want representation in Smash. Or like Byleth, or like the concept of their moveset...
Most of them will move on though, also people want more FE? They need to like open their eyes they have like 7 picks already, they need to be happy that FE has more than enough.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Most of them will move on though, also people want more FE? They need to like open their eyes they have like 7 picks already, they need to be happy that FE has more than enough.
We're not happy that 4 of them have the same moves either yet if we say that we want FE to have more character diversity we're still deemed as ungrateful cause we aren't screaming about some dead character who hasn't appeared in anything for 10 years or whatever

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Everyone just needs to calm down, again no need to make this place more toxic than it already is.

Now here's an interesting proposition, imagine a Civilization rep. I don't know how they'd get away with using a depiction of a real life leader but it does have two main series games (plus a spinoff) on Nintendo systems, which is the most representation it has outside of PC. Plus the Japanese like the game as well, and it represents a new genre.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
bruh how many times do I have to tell you that Roy doesn't represent three houses in the way Shulk doesn't represent Xenosaga

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Everyone just needs to calm down, again no need to make this place more toxic than it already is.

Now here's an interesting proposition, imagine a Civilization rep. I don't know how they'd get away with using a depiction of a real life leader but it does have two main series games (plus a spinoff) on Nintendo systems, which is the most representation it has outside of PC. Plus the Japanese like the game as well, and it represents a new genre.
It must be Ghandi and his final smash must be nuclear warfare

D

Deleted member

bruh how many times do I have to tell you that Roy doesn't represent three houses in the way Shulk doesn't represent Xenosaga
So they should put a 3 houses characters just because they're new huh? Also we're not talking about Xenosaga why bring that up lol?

We're not happy that 4 of them have the same moves either yet if we say that we want FE to have more character diversity we're still deemed as ungrateful cause we aren't screaming about some dead character who hasn't appeared in anything for 10 years or whatever
Hey if FE didn't have already 7 characters Id be fine with a new one but people want Byleth or another 3H character just because they're new.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Guess you don't know what a strawman is. Three Houses released after Ultimate.
What if I said I wanted the Astral Chain protagonists as future DLC?

So they should put a 3 houses characters just because they're new huh? Also we're not talking about Xenosaga why bring that up lol?
I bring it up because the ****ing point I am trying to make is that I don't want a Three Houses rep because they're "new", I want them because I like the characters introduced in this specific game. I have said it over and over again and you are refusing to listen. I haven't played half the ****ing Fire Emblem games in Smash so the "seven others" don't matter to me because they aren't the characters I'm invested in. I bring up Xenosaga as an example you might actually understand. Shulk is part of Xenoblade Chronicles, which is supposedly part of the Xeno- series. So why am I not just saying "be happy with Shulk! You shouldn't want KOS-MOS!" Well, it's because I recognize them as different games with different characters and different audiences much like Three Houses is to other FE games.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guess you don't know what a strawman is. Three Houses released after Ultimate.
I pointed out that you were wrong about what the last two games were, and you responded with something that was a total non-sequitur. I don't understand your point.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here's an interesting question: If Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was the first game in the franchise, but all of the character choices were the same except for the Fire Emblem characters, which 5 normal characters and 2 echo fighters would be the best to add in order to represent the franchise to it's fullest? Here's my thinking:
  1. Marth
    • Lucina
  2. Caeda
  3. Ike
  4. Robin
  5. Lyn
    • Navarre (or some other myrmidon)
Question variations:
Pick your favorite 5 & 2 echoes (wishlist).
The characters would have to have been available choices for their debut games:
  • Melee gets one unique character and a clone.
  • Brawl gets one unique character.
  • for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U gets one unique character, and echo fighter and declones the clone.
  • Ultimate gets an echo fighter.
Oh my Arceus. Everyone. Please. Stop saying that. About any franchise supporters. People are not spoiled or entitled brats for wanting a character regardless of the number of characters the series has in Smash. It'd be one thing if they were whining, but for goodness sake stop trying to put people in the corner for mentioning any given series.

D

Deleted member

also people want more FE? They need to like open their eyes they have like 7 picks already, they need to be happy that FE has more than enough.
Well if you're gonna say that, then you may as well say the same thing to the people that want a 10TH Mario character like Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Geno cause everyone knows people SHOULD be happy that Super Mario has more than enough characters in Smash amirite?

I'm not opposed to a Three Houses character in Smash and would be alright with seeing Byleth in Smash, so I'm not gonna say that they shouldn't get another character because of the numbers when Super Mario has even more than Fire Emblem.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Maybe you should wait for the next smash?

Well if you're gonna say that, then you may as well say the same thing to the people that want a 10TH Mario character like Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Geno cause everyone knows people SHOULD be happy that Super Mario has more than enough characters in Smash amirite?

I'm not opposed to a Three Houses character in Smash and would be alright with seeing Byleth in Smash, so I'm not gonna say that they shouldn't get another character because of the numbers when Super Mario has even more than Fire Emblem.
Well yeah totally Mario has enough characters already, don't know why people still insist on Waluigi and Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Hey if FE didn't have already 7 characters Id be fine with a new one but people want Byleth or another 3H character just because they're new.
3H is currently considered one of the best in the franchise with outright wonderful writing and complex characters, you should have seen how people reacted to Fates when it just came out as it was a LOT less positive

D

Deleted member

3H is currently considered one of the best in the franchise with outright wonderful writing and complex characters, you should have seen how people reacted to Fates when it just came out as it was a LOT less positive
Maybe in the next Smash could happen, probably going to have a smaller roster with different characters so they could add one if the character selection for the Franchise isn't bloated.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
KOS-MOS supporters are just greedy because we already have Shulk who totally perfectly represents the entire Xeno series

**** outta here

ze9

Smash Ace
Certainly a better choice than Three Houses whatever. Only downside is they're cops.

I pointed out that you were wrong about what the last two games were, and you responded with something that was a total non-sequitur. I don't understand your point.
Ultimate released before Three Houses, so it wasn't the latest Fire Emblem.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Certainly a better choice than Three Houses whatever. Only downside is they're cops.
Sorry dude astral chain was released after Ultimate because that matters now

You don't even have goalposts to shift my dude

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Ultimate released before Three Houses, so it wasn't the latest Fire Emblem.
Even if you don't include Three Houses or the spin off games we still wouldn't have four characters from the two latest games.

We'd only have Corrin.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Maybe you should wait for the next smash?
That's not really an option. Games or characters that are released around a Smash game don't tend to make it to the next Smash game because by then the game old news unless the company decides to keep it going with a sequel or something (like with Splatoon).

EDIT: Actually this might be false...I'll have to think about it more. But regardless, a character's much more likely to be forgotten in the next smash then now while the it's still in its prime.
Well yeah totally Mario has enough characters already, don't know why people still insist on Waluigi and Geno.
Because their reasons for liking the character don't have much to do with the franchise they come from.
Only downside is they're cops.
...I'd ask why them being cops makes you dislike them but I feel like your answer would completely derail the thread.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Even if you don't include Three Houses or the spin off games we still wouldn't have four characters from the two latest games.

We'd only have Corrin.
Ok. They have 4 characters from 2 games. You happy now?

...I'd ask why them being cops makes you dislike them but I feel like your answer would completely derail the thread.
Not like there's much to derail, thread is basically a ****show right now. But eh you know, I spent my teenage years listening to punk music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom