• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Yeah, we're 3 out of 3 this pass. Still, the guy has style, so I'll give him a pass.
I kind of agree. On the one hand, it's Sephiroth, Mr. "My Sword is 20 feet long" himself. On the other hand, it does make have the effect of making Corrin, the Belmonts, Byleth, Min Min, and now Sephiroth all feel slightly less unique as characters.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
i looked at twitter, an uncomfortable amount of people have no idea who this is. I've never played FF7, and I knew who this was the second the first note played.

also this...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
i mean id honestly rather have jonesy so everyone can come together and say its a bad choice

no I don't get to even enjoy the salt.

sucks,

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The one thing I will say if we don’t get the Geno costume with sephiroth something is up
Geno's fate is sealed by the end of the month. If he's a costume, he's unconfirmed. If he's not a costume, then I can't see any other explanation than him being playable.

Granted, he's most likely a costume, but we also live in a world where Sephiroth is in Smash. So, I honestly could see Geno getting in and breaking the one character per third-party company per wave rule.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
never knew moveset and playstyle were the same thing

learn something new every day
You think Link, a zoner, and Marth, a mixup character, have the same playstyle?

Perhaps familiarize yourself with what you're saying before you try to cover for your disappointment...

k but I don't think that says much just because I dont think people really wanted or needed a new ff character
I suspect you are using "people" in place of "I".

Sephiroth is one of the most popular characters in one of the most popular series that lent Smash what would become its most used character. I think you're speaking out of turn on this one.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just a quick PSA not to bully Geno fans because of Sephiroth getting in.

Let's be civil.
So Sora is the punching bag now?

Cloud vs seph will be fun.
anyone vs Seph will be fun. I can easily see Link, Shulk, Ike, Marth, Pit, etc fight him in a RPG style. Guess I need 3-4 fighters to take Seph on as the final boss. Link, Zelda, Cloud would do just fine.

So what are the chances of a second fighter being revealed later?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just hope Sephiroth means we are getting more Final Fantasy content in Smash and it is not limited to Final Fantasy VII.

These are the Mii costumes I really want from Final Fantasy.

Black Mage
Cecil Harvey
Chocobo
Moogle
Terra Branford
White Mage

We are probably getting more Square Enix Mii costumes... these are who I hope to see.

Crono
Geno
Mallow
Randi

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On break at work.

Guess FF will be the first 3rd party franchise to have two unique fighters, not just echoes. Neat.

Also interesting to see the SSBU x FF as just FF, as Cloud's was specifically FF7. There might be a good chance we'll see more than just FF7 representation.

Also can't wait to see Maximilian Dood's live reaction. His Cloud reaction is still fun to watch to this day. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Gonna pop off if Mando gets in Fortnite later so I can be kind of right about my meme post from a couple days ago

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In hindsight, I suppose we should've had an idea something related to FF was coming. It was strange how the Chicobo hat still hadn't returned yet.

Needless to say, this also explains Geno's absence as well. It's not over yet, but I can't think of a more logical time for his costume to return.
Let's hope it at least comes with the Forest Maze tune.

Though knowing Square and music, that might be a big ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom