• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Every day that passes the more I wish Vergeben, Sabi and the rest of the dime a dozen leakers would just G O A W A Y and never come back.
Just say who's getting in and who's not, we don't need the song and dance crap that comes with it.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Every day that passes the more I wish Vergeben, Sabi and the rest of the dime a dozen leakers would just G O A W A Y and never come back.
Just say who's getting in and who's not, we don't need the song and dance crap that comes with it.
At least Vergeben was upfront about leaking certain characters, unlike Sabi who keeps with the excuses

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sabi is talking about the Ryu leak but sounds as if she's saying the smash community is going to jump to conclusions.
Irregardless of their credibility, it doesn't take the town gossip to predict something like that happening.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Still oddly specific to mention her of all people.
Well, the leaker is Japanese, and Touhou, particularly Reimu, are stupid popular here. Everyone knows what the character looks like to know if it’s not her. Likewise, they know Reimu doesn’t have a boomerang or a weapon that’s comparable to one.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I gotta be honest, it's REALLY bugging me that we have literally not heard ANY SNK talk from any of these leakers until yesterday and now they are acting like they suddenly agree it's a full confirmation.

Jesus christ, this is becoming such a circus show.
I agree. With Banjo-Kazooie happened the same when the very first spoke. Suddenly, yesterday the NoE mistake was a green light for talking about a SNK rep, something that wasn't very speculated even in Smash forums. Gamexplain uploaded a video in the first hour.
My guess is that this kind of people get info several days before and they just need a signal to talk bout it. This things happens when a reveal is near and the info is more clear.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am American. I live in Tennessee. I have heard of Virtual Fighter, Mortal Kombat (that was by far the most popular fighting game in my area until Smash came along), Street Fighter, Tekken, and Killer Instinct but never Fighter King.
Of course you didn't hear about Fighter King, it's King of Fighters!
Have you not seen the 20 something posts that complain about how boring Terry is?

Watch us get him and he's the most interesting character in the game. lol
From the producers of 'Hero would just be another Marth clone' comes the new hit, 'Terry would just be another Ryu clone'! In theaters near you, now with never-before-seen deleted scenes.
He has been namedropped by totally-not-Sabi's-alt-twitter-account:
https://twitter.com/NanaKarobiNIN/status/1168629751180910592
But make of that what you will.
Wait, what? First I'm hearing of this account. What's that about it being Sabi in disguise?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I had every intention of avoiding spoilers as much as I could. But they reached me over at twitter, so here I am again.

Personally, SNK wasn’t precisely near the top of my list, but... the fact Hero was revealed, makes me now appreciate ALL inclusions.

And while I really didn’t care about Joker or Banjo, and regardless are still cool additions, I’m kinda giddy about an SNK characters since I have a history with them.

The characters I’d be most excited about are:
Haohamaru, Nakoruru, Mai, Athena, and almost any of the lesser known female characters from KOF (Leona ❤). But I respect Terry, I recognize he’s the most iconic character in SNK. A trailer to follow Incineroar’s would be hype.

I’m dying for a cool samurai character. If we can’t get Takamaru, Haohamaru will do fine. :)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
He has been namedropped by totally-not-Sabi's-alt-twitter-account:
https://twitter.com/NanaKarobiNIN/status/1168629751180910592
But make of that what you will.
Sabi made her Tweet like... 15 minutes after this Tweet dropped, and she follows this account. Meanwhile, there’s been a 4chan post circulating her Discord server for a while now that names Terry and Ryu Hayabusa as characters 4 and 5, which is what she may be talking about.

It’s Terry, guys. Sabi is trying to tell us it’s Terry.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi made her Tweet like... 15 minutes after this Tweet dropped, and she follows this account. Meanwhile, there’s been a 4chan post circulating her Discord server for a while now that names Terry and Ryu Hayabusa as characters 4 and 5, which is what she may be talking about.

It’s Terry, guys. Sabi is trying to tell us it’s Terry.
Welp.

Terry and Ryu it is.

Speculation is dead.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Do we really need leakers to deduce that Terry is the SNK rep?

D

Deleted member

It's so odd to see everyone here disliking Sabi and waiting for Vergeben's thoughts when prior to E3 it was the other way around.
Its due to her behavior becoming weird as hell lately combined with the whole C&D, the "hey guys I know something" and the whole circus regarding her Discord. Like many have said before, she is pretty much an attention *****.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
It's so odd to see everyone here disliking Sabi and waiting for Vergeben's thoughts when prior to E3 it was the other way around.
The problem that Sabi has is that she never learned to shut her mouth. This recent Smash talk is making it super obvious that she's a compulsive liar and is desperately doing everything to keep her reputation. It's sad.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Welp.

Terry and Ryu it is.

Speculation is dead.
This is particularly why I find Sabi's statements dumb. She says that Terry's announcement will make Speculation go wild while at the same time referencing a "possible legitimate" leak which is the opposite of Speculation going wild. Either Sabi is saying the knee jerk reaction will lead nowhere as usual or she knows something else that she's keeping to herself.

D

Deleted member

After the flak with Sabi, I'd say that...I never fall for the same trick twice.

Yes, we're getting an SNK rep, but I'll let the ends justify the means.

D

Deleted member

On the part about Vergeben getting disliked during E3, weren't people giving him **** for that Minecraft content in Smash claim? I don't recall him ever backpedaling on that, but it's like 1 wrong thing = credibility neutered even when Vergeben has at least gotten a lot of other things right (and half right with the Erdrick claim).

Edit: forgot to mention that VGA stuff too where he said an SE character was going to be revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Yeah, maybe Im just not reading something right, but it seems Sabi is referring to the Terry + Ryu /v/ post. But she also says that speculation will go wild after character 4 is revealed. Lets say Terry does get in, well then, everyone is just going to think that Ryu is the last character, meaning that speculation will be "set in stone" and end completely. So is she implying fighter 5 is NOT Ryu? Is she even trustworthy?

D

Deleted member

On the part about Vergeben getting disliked during E3, weren't people giving him **** for that Minecraft content in Smash claim? I don't recall him ever backpedaling on that, but it's like 1 wrong thing = credibility neutered even when Vergeben has at least gotten a lot of other things right (and half right with the Erdrick claim).

Edit: forgot to mention that VGA stuff too where he said an SE character was going to be revealed.
People where assuming Steve was being backed by Vergeben when he only backed MC content and the fanbase has this weird behavior of hating the bearer of bad news.

D

Deleted member

If Terry gets in, I hope he has his brown jacket alt, and comes with a super meter so I can do Buster Wolf combos without playing with ****ty Smash Balls.

Then again, Buster Wolf, Power Geyser, and Power Dunk all seem like good fits for Smash attacks.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
It seems it may actually be Terry Bogard, which I have mixed feelings about.

On the one hand I do like me some Fatal Fury, although in that game I would NEVER pick Terry in a million years. I'd play Big Bear or Franco Bash.

On the other hand Terry just strikes me as the most bland choice for an SNK character when the Metal Slug and Samsho guys exist. Doesn't help that his stage will likely be even more bland. KOF doesn't have good stage material (a bridge? A stadium? Geese's tower?)

And on the third hand it would appease my inner traditional fighting game purist seeing the LARGER meltdown from Smashers if he turns out to have even MORE complicated inputs than Ryu and Ken. You thought doing forward, down, down-forward+B consistently was hard? Oh you precious little child, wait until you have to learn to 2141236+B into Drive Cancel 623+B.

(It's numpad notation, if you don't get it look at the number pad on your keyboard - each number corresponds to a direction on the control stick with 5 being the "neutral" position).

D

Deleted member

It seems it may actually be Terry Bogard, which I have mixed feelings about.

On the one hand I do like me some Fatal Fury, although in that game I would NEVER pick Terry in a million years. I'd play Big Bear or Franco Bash.

On the other hand Terry just strikes me as the most bland choice for an SNK character when the Metal Slug and Samsho guys exist. Doesn't help that his stage will likely be even more bland. KOF doesn't have good stage material (a bridge? A stadium? Geese's tower?)

And on the third hand it would appease my inner traditional fighting game purist seeing the LARGER meltdown from Smashers if he turns out to have even MORE complicated inputs than Ryu and Ken. You thought doing forward, down, down-forward+B consistently was hard? Oh you precious little child, wait until you have to learn to 2141236+B into Drive Cancel 623+B.

(It's numpad notation, if you don't get it look at the number pad on your keyboard - each number corresponds to a direction on the control stick with 5 being the "neutral" position).
Sakurai: Ok, let's take some of our most complicated characters, add even more complicated mechanics, and bam! Instant skill-reward ratio!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I personally am really okay with Terry and Ryu being the last two characters, I think both earned that spot without a doubt and I'm a fan of their series.

But I think slightly niche fighting game + retro NES franchise that's kind of irrelevant will lead to some big backlash.

To be fair backlash was inevitable but I don't think these two characters offset each other's flaws as well as Hero and Banjo.

Welp.

Terry and Ryu it is.

Speculation is dead.
Even if Terry and Ryu it isn't, speculation is still dead unless we get character 4 and it isn't SNK or Ryu (or Doomguy I guess).

So if she's claiming character 5 is a woman then why are people believing the ryu and terry leak?
Apparently reports of that quote have been greatly exaggerated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, maybe Im just not reading something right, but it seems Sabi is referring to the Terry + Ryu /v/ post. But she also says that speculation will go wild after character 4 is revealed. Lets say Terry does get in, well then, everyone is just going to think that Ryu is the last character, meaning that speculation will be "set in stone" and end completely. So is she implying fighter 5 is NOT Ryu? Is she even trustworthy?
There are 3 things that could possibly make the speculation scene go wild:

-Hayabusa happens to be revealed for the 4th Fighter Pack and people will be debating between Terry and Doom Slayer for the last Fighter Pack.
-Terry is revealed and the trailer is actually a follow up of Kencineroar's which'll make people debate on the validity of the Terryabusa 4chan post.

-An actual huge ****ing curveball swerves in and it's neither of them because Sabi pulled the biggest **** you to everyone that follows her for leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom