• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There are 3 things that could possibly make the speculation scene go wild:

-Hayabusa happens to be revealed for the 4th Fighter Pack and people will be debating between Terry and Doom Slayer for the last Fighter Pack.
-Terry is revealed and the trailer is actually a follow up of Kencineroar's which'll make people debate on the validity of the Terryabusa 4chan post.

-An actual huge ****ing curveball swerves in and it's neither of them because Sabi pulled the biggest **** you to everyone that follows her for leaks.
Third one's a charm.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
So the final fighters pass is going to be Joker, Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard and Ryu Hayabusa?

Kind of hilariously tragic how Banjo sticks out like a sore thumb in that pack. It goes Some dude/some dude/HAPPY BEAR AND BIRD/some dude/some dude.

I am one of those people who bemoans the lack of diversity in characters in Smash. I don't really like having too many realistic humanoids, I prefer crazy and outlandish characters. I want more Dededes, more and Game and Watches, less 'some dude'-types. Although I don't absolutely HATE Terry and Hayabusa, I just wish they picked characters that are more visually interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the final fighters pass is going to be Joker, Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry and Ryu Hayabusa?

Kind of hilariously tragic how Banjo is the odd man out in that pack. It goes Some dude/some dude/HAPPY BEAR AND BIRD/some dude/some dude.

I am one of those people who bemoans the lack of diversity in characters in Smash. I don't really like having too many realistic humanoids, I prefer crazy and outlandish characters. I want more Dededes, more and Game and Watches, less 'some dude'-types. Although I don't absolutely HATE Terry and Hayabusa, I just wish they picked characters that are more visually interesting.
I'm gonna repeat myself. I don't need to tell y'all what it is. You guys know it ever since I came here.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
There are 3 things that could possibly make the speculation scene go wild:

-Hayabusa happens to be revealed for the 4th Fighter Pack and people will be debating between Terry and Doom Slayer for the last Fighter Pack.
-Terry is revealed and the trailer is actually a follow up of Kencineroar's which'll make people debate on the validity of the Terryabusa 4chan post.
-An actual huge ****ing curveball swerves in and it's neither of them because Sabi pulled the biggest **** you to everyone that follows her for leaks.
Interesting. 1 and 3 really would send **** for a spin, but if 2 pans out then I could easily see Ryu after that, especially if his hypothetical trailer continues the Castlevania trailer.

D

Deleted member

Interesting. 1 and 3 really would send **** for a spin, but if 2 pans out then I could easily see Ryu after that, especially if his hypothetical trailer continues the Castlevania trailer.
I kinda don't see Haya following up the Castlevania trailer.

zferolie

Smash Hero
No ogfense to sabi, bit thay tweet litterally tells us nothing. Its all fluff, it can be anyone with how she worded that.

Seriously how does that tweet say its anyone specific? I have seen every single leak on 4chan mention every snk character. How are people just assuming its terry because 1 random guy said it? Why dont people just wait till the dlc is actually announced? I am still set on a female snk character

D

Deleted member

No ogfense to sabi, bit thay tweet litterally tells us nothing. Its all fluff, it can be anyone with how she worded that.

Seriously how does that tweet say its anyone specific? I have seen every single leak on 4chan mention every snk character. How are people just assuming its terry because 1 random guy said it? Why dont people just wait till the dlc is actually announced? I am still set on a female snk character
Thank you.

Onto my hypothesis, if they're gonna follow-up the Kencineroar trailer, here's my say:

-The SNK rep will be the three-man Pokemon Trainer-esque concept.
-How? Recap. At the end of the trailer, we see K Rool, Bowser Jr, and Villager prepping boxing gloves.
-If we're going SNK sense, they're putting three characters in one fighter slot.
-Either me or it's that it feels more evenly matched.

D

Deleted member

Which trailer do you imagine it following up? Or would you see a completley new trailer?
I probably think World of Light. Even if we used it for Hero, I gotta feeling they'll reuse it for once.
To me, a horror-type character like Jill Valentine/Morrigan Aensland/(insert horror themed videogame character here) would fit the bill.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I probably think World of Light. Even if we used it for Hero, I gotta feeling they'll reuse it for once.
To me, a horror-type character like Jill Valentine/Morrigan Aensland/(insert horror themed videogame character here) would fit the bill.
Make it the Galeem side for once, to complement the Dharkon side shown in Hero’s

Untouch

Smash Master
Sabi's point is a bit weird.
I've never seen posts that have terry and ryu together before that, and she said a couple of days ago that she hadn't heard hayabusa didn't she?

ze9

Smash Ace
That leak with the follow-up trailers is blatantly fake.
That was just a cute thing they did for Banjo's trailer because there it worked, and it was very fun. That's it. They're not gonna do it again, the first time is funny, the second time is lame.
Feels like certain parts of the fanbase convinced themselves that the trailers will all be "sequels" because it happened one time and because they misinterpreted Sakurai's statement about the lack of budget for Hero's overview. The kind of thing that ends up in a fake 4chan leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, if this whole SNK rep thing turned out to be a red herring and it was actually for Mii Costumes (which I know it's not likely at all but let's just pretend this is the case for now), how would you all feel about it? It'd certainly be 1 insane swerve for everyone.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi's point is a bit weird.
I've never seen posts that have terry and ryu together before that, and she said a couple of days ago that she hadn't heard hayabusa didn't she?
According to her GameFAQs post, she still doesn’t know if Ryu is it.

She’s basically just stirring up stuff.

D

Deleted member

And with that, are we back at square one? She said she doesn't know yet.

This is starting to get more confusing than me getting to understand what the heck is happening in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It's been a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Let's just hope that the supposed Banjo-Kazooie timeframe will give us a proper direct, with a fulk 4th Fighter reveal so we can finally take a break for once.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
You know, if this whole SNK rep thing turned out to be a red herring and it was actually for Mii Costumes (which I know it's not likely at all but let's just pretend this is the case for now), how would you all feel about it? It'd certainly be 1 insane swerve for everyone.
Indifferent. Depends on who gets revealed in their stead.

zferolie

Smash Hero
We are back to snk confirmed only. Thats it. Not who is the snk character, not who is after, just an snk character.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Mm, I don’t know anything about how the fancy Smash trailers are made, but does anyone know if it would be possible to reuse assets? If so, I can see the sequel thing having some merit; the people who made the Smash trailers already rendered these environments in the past, maybe it would save money\effort to bring back the same scenery?
Again, this is probably a stupid thought, but I thought it was worth asking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm...very good.

Or possibly SNK Character"s"? As in multiple?

I've been processing how the SNK concept will work.

I hope I can get my impressions out.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

I mean, there are plenty of better choices imo, but there are also plenty of worse choices. It depends on who is actually the 4th character.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Why would anyone want Hayabusa's trailer to be a continuation of Simon's when we can have the Ninja Gaiden NES intro recreated with Sheik and Greninja?

KillerCage

Smash Master
According to her GameFAQs post, she still doesn’t know if Ryu is it.

She’s basically just stirring up stuff.
UUUUUUUGGHH!!!!

I'm getting sick of Sabi making these confusing statements that are sending us in circles.
If she can't make a definitive statement, DONT SAY ANYTHING!
It's almost as if after Sabi got that C & D, Nintendo is using her to spread misinformation...

Last edited:

RcS735

Smash Cadet
As someone that just likes to lurk. Can I just say WFT is happening. First it's this person then it this other guy, now it might be like five different people but it's probably this guy but maybe not. I just want the direct to come so I can sleep again.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
In the middle of this madness, i would just like to point out haohmaru has literally 0 votes in the poll.

Poor haohmaru.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...gotta burn time and process these things:

So, here's the deal I have:

1. I believe we are getting 3 SNK Characters, specifically KoF.
- As for why 3, it's part of KoF tradition. Games of KoF have still used the 3v3 formula to this very day, so if Sakurai wants to implement that, why not?
- As for how it will work, there's pros and cons. For the pros, it meant getting an actual trio for the player to use. When I think of this I think of a team comp that can very well cover any matchup in the game. For the cons...
- The tag system. I'm not that super invested into KoF mechanics, but the point is, not all KoF games can let you switch out characters over and over. But it doesn't mean there is no potential. Again. Pokemon Trainer.
- Another con is the moveset. SNK characters have a ton of arsenal moves to use in battle, specifically specials. Taking one of those moves away isn't quite gonna feel right. Let's assume Athena. She has a projectile, a Shoryuken punch, a teleport, and a reflector. I think it's just my opinion but if you take one of those elements away it just wouldn't feel like the character.
2. It will certainly follow-up the Kencineroar trailer. I said this before, but I'm going to reiterate if you people reading are lazy to backread.
- At the end of the trailer, we see King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., and Villager, all sporting boxing gloves.
- The trio is basically a big Chekhov's Gun of sorts. What's the point of being there if they're just standing there. Would it make sense that they would at least get to fight someone?
- This reinforces my 3-in-1 hypothesis. It's always 3v3 fights. We need at least one character to correspond with the other. That's why I'm skepticla about the thing just being Terry alone.

At the end of the day, we get the SNK Character. We get content, stage, music, and probably a crapton of Spirits (JUST LOOK AT THE POSSIBILTIES..)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So the way I see it the last two will either be:

Terry and Hayabusa.

Nakoruru and Tales/RE rep.

As much as I like Hayabusa, I hope it's the latter scenario.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd like to at least be able to make a Terry Mii. I'd at least be happy with the acknowledgement.

SNK Mii Costumes would probably be revealed with a fighting game character, which would probably mean Heihachi, so that's great.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It'd be extremely bizarre. All the Mii costumes based on franchises without fighters are still from companies which have one.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I'd hate to see 3 SNK/KOF characters becoming Pokemon Trainer-lite. I used to play Charizard in Smash 4 but barely do nowdays due to being forced to change two times after losing a stock.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'd like to at least be able to make a Terry Mii. I'd at least be happy with the acknowledgement.

SNK Mii Costumes would probably be revealed with a fighting game character, which would probably mean Heihachi, so that's great.
I feel this.

I think an SNK character would be overall more hype for me, but getting a Tekken rep AND SNK costumes would be pretty neato.

Okay so here's why King should be the Tekken rep and come with a King (KOF) Mii costume-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom