• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I'm still satisfied from some of my most wanted making it in: Simon, Ridley, K.Rool, Isabelle, Joker, Byleth, Min Min so even if no one else that appeals to me is in the remaining four slots, I am still grateful for getting plenty that I want. But in any case the characters that would get me very hyped if they are in the pass would be Dante, 2B, Arle, Cinderace, Impa, Elma, Yuri, Velvet, Ryza, Saber. Hopefully at least one of them can make it in. :p

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*Is not going to let the Travis talk get his Steve hype down

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Kinda curious. Do you think Alex is an echo given the site has Steve/Alex? Perhaps kinda like a switch between Pokemon Trainer or duo like Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt and Banjo & Kazooie.
Although I'm curious as to how the Mine Cart and TNT fit in if they are accessed by means other than crafting, they pretty much do the exact same stuff in the trailer and are confirmed to be on the website.

I'm now imagining Steve puppeteering Alex like a Luma...

SKX31

Smash Master
You're an expert on competitive Smash and China.

Keep up the great work! Also 300 million accounts in China? That is almost one in four people in China having an account.
Thank you!

Keep in mind though: Minecraft China is F2P (Minecraft has a deal with NetEase for official distribution there - NetEase is also Activision-Blizzard's Chinese partner), and there's the usual assumption that people can (and has) created multiple accounts. This is true there too. Still, the game is huge there - the Chinese playerbase likely makes up a lot of the daily global playerbase (112 million according to Zhuge).

You need a campfire at least to cook. Just Flint and Steel won't cut it. Flint and Steel summoning chicken is probably as likely as Din's Fire turning Falco into chicken was.
Ah, gotcha. I edited in your and Slime Master's comments into my post. Thank you two for the correction.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if they added steve at the hight of the minecraft YouTuber popularity, it would of helped super smash bros get more popular

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Which character in Ultimate (Don't say Steve) is the most likely to be addicted to Minecraft?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
happy for you but imma just give up on anyone I want now. No use holding onto dreams that wont come true
Okay, dude, you are allowed to express disappointment, I'm disappointed too, but no need for the borderline attention-seeking attitude, you sound like a 13-year-old version of me
Waters the Daisy theory
Okay, but what the hell is Daisy and what does it has to with Shante, especially with the moral art?
Could she easily go anywhere else?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Imagine if they added steve at the hight of the minecraft YouTuber popularity, it would of helped super smash bros get more popular
It still will. A lot of those people are now grown enough to feel nostalgic about it. And this is big news.

I am so proud of Nintendo. Is that odd?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Anyway I had a feeling that Sakurai and his team would have lots of trouble trying to get Steve to work. I also knew he would look out of place and that he'd look like a cardboard box. He even looks out of place on the mural like they photo shopped him onto it. It's actually pretty hilarious.

So there you go. Have some negativity. Free of charge. No take backs. Let it stain your "pure and clean" mind like a turd that flew right into your open cranium and let it slump down onto your membrane like a couch potato.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Does anyone else find it concerning that this is now the 3rd time in a row where Nintendo producers asked for the character and not something genuine
More like the 7th time in a row considering it was confirmed that Nintendo was making all of the choices.

I personally don't mind it.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Minecraft really good with super smash bros shader. The custom shaders i see on youtube look too show-offy. This one is a good simple blend

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Actually, I made this instead.
1601570240496_compress82.jpg

By pure fan demand, Geno is easily #1.
2B could be the equivalent of Joker in FP1.
Crono would be a retro rep.
Neku would be a promotional rep for TWEWY 2.
Agnes would also be a promotional rep for Bravely Defualt 2.
And Lara would just get in because its freaking Lara Croft.

Geno has the issue of being really "unimportant". The other MW characters like Chrom, Daisy, Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, Isabelle and so on are all important or recurring aspects of their respective franchises. And is last legitimate appearance was in the 90s. The fact that Geno has a mii costume in Smash Wii U is impressive on its own.

2B has the issue with her outfit. Unless Sakurai changes his mind, I can't see him censoring 2B as her creator would probably find her censoring to be disrespectful to the character. If Mai didn't even get a spirit (even if she's essentially the Luigi of SNK as a whole), 2B's costume could make things complicated.

Crono might be too visually and mechanically similar too Hero to the dev team. And more importantly, Square just doesn't seem to care for that IP (you could say the same for Banjo but Crono has never had profound fan demand).

I really don't see any barriers for Neku besides just being a small IP.

Same goes for Agnes.

Lara Croft has the issue of her franchise not being huge in Japan. Now, its not that Tomb Raider doesn't do decent in Japan (Rise of the Tomb Raider sold like 21,000 copies in its first couple of weeks in Japan) but its not huge in Japan. Though, maybe Lara Croft could be a reverse-Hero situation. Where Nintendo and Square attempt to put more attention on the Tomb Raider IP in Japan. Idk.

Yeee

Really depends on if Nintendo wants a fan pick from Sqaure, a promotinal pick from Square or a bombsell pick from Square.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Everybody wanted a indie character here he is!
...Sorta? He's more or less a Microsoft character now. He doesn't give much credence for or against other indies since he's no longer one; We'd need Nintendo to deal with an indie developer for a full celebration. Still, a win's a win, no matter how big or small.

In other news I'm getting kinda paranoid that the Miis are gonna slaughter a bunch of indies, which is kinda sorta really problematic seeing as my most wanted is an indie. Hopefully he'll just stick to Western indies...

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Does anyone else find it concerning that this is now the 3rd time in a row where Nintendo producers asked for the character and not something genuine
It seems like the way he described Steve was more like his coworkers and bosses were fans of Minecraft rather than it being a mandate.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually, I made this instead. View attachment 287811
By pure fan demand, Geno is easily #1.
2B could be the equivalent of Joker in FP1.
Crono would be a retro rep.
Neku would be a promotional rep for TWEWY 2.
Agnes would also be a promotional rep for Bravely Defualt 2.
And Lara would just get in because its freaking Lara Croft.

Geno has the issue of being really "unimportant". The other MW characters like Chrom, Daisy, Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, Isabelle and so on are all important or recurring aspects of their respective franchises. And is last legitimate appearance was in the 90s. The fact that Geno has a mii costume in Smash Wii U is impressive on its own.

2B has the issue with her outfit. Unless Sakurai changes his mind, I can't see him censoring 2B as her creator would probably find her censoring to be disrespectful to the character. If Mai didn't even get a spirit (even if she's essentially the Luigi of SNK as a whole), 2B's costume could make things complicated.

Crono might be too visually and mechanically similar too Hero to the dev team. And more importantly, Square just doesn't seem to care for that IP (you could say the same for Banjo but Crono has never had profound fan demand).

I really don't see any barriers for Neku besides just being a small IP.

Same goes for Agnes.

Lara Croft has the issue of her franchise not being huge in Japan. Now, its not that Tomb Raider doesn't do decent in Japan (Rise of the Tomb Raider sold like 21,000 copies in its first couple of weeks in Japan) but its not huge in Japan. Though, maybe Lara Croft could be a reverse-Hero situation. Where Nintendo and Square attempt to put more attention on the Tomb Raider IP in Japan. Idk.

Yeee
I don’t think Agnès is in BD2 tho. She was in Bravely Second but wasn’t playable.

so basically;

NEKU WIN

Trevenant

Smash Lord
When we see Steve sleep on the bed is that just a platform in the Minecraft stage or is it a move? I say this because his eyes are still open (although that might be a thing in Minecraft... Can't remember) and the animation looks more untraditional for a sleep animation. Could provide a buff or do what Rest is supposed to do. It's probably a stage element but thought to ask people's thoughts

SIdenote, I think it would be cool if crouching was it's own stance (just press a button and you do it and do it agai for Steve like in Minecraft and that may even be the case as I thought the teabag looked kinda weird tbh.

D

Deleted member

ResetERA mad!
ResetERA mad!
Steve wins!

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only 2 of my requests to make it in as DLC so far are the fighting game characters (:ult_terry::ultminmin)

Using this as a reference, the next of my requests to make it in will be another fighting game character. I'm looking forward to seeing Sol Badguy in about 8 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom