• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sakurai is going to tell us that CP7 is our last DLC character and that only Japan will get the rest of the pass because Sakurai's had enough of Western man-children crying because they didn't get Waluigi in Smash.

Sakurai: "Like seriously I gave you guys ****ing Ridley, K Rool, AND Banjo & Kazooie with a Dark Samus echo as a bonus for you westerners specifically and y'all still ********!? During a ****ing pandemic no less!? DON'T EVER ASK ME FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!":sakuraipower:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So I was thinking about that brief message after the video information. This seems to be absent in the Japanese tweet.

I think this is a huge plus for Crash. Crash has a different appearance in the Japanese games with a more cartoonish style. However, this isn’t uniformal across the series - especially in the Crash Team Racing games. The Japanese do know Crash’s western appearance and seem to prefer that one.

I think his Japanese appearance will be either apart of his alternate costume set with it split evenly (4 and 4) or a Mario/Pikachu/Joker deal with one or two slots devoted to it. It’s easier for ROB to have a different base color from Japan to the West but it’s far more difficult to have an entire render that’s different. For that reason, Crash will retain his western default render but also have his Japanese render as an alt costume. So, Sakurai and Nintendo understands that Japan knows that Crash looks different in the West but this isn’t a commonly known fact in the West - especially among Smash fans who aren’t up to speed about Crash and his series. I think some of this time could be devoted to explaining about this difference as to not confuse western viewers. Also, Crash has far more support in the West than Japan so including Crash but also showing a different version might cause confusion. Since Sakurai always tries to explain things (the whole Terry inside joke, counting in binary, etc), he might want to explain a bit about this difference and why it was included. This info would be better uses for the western viewers than Japanese viewers since they have little knowledge of Crash as a whole.

This is just my viewpoint so please don’t take it as truth.

Lol Ninja’d
wait..... why did Sakurai teach us binary for Byleth? I dont understand!!!!!!!!!

Shroob

Sup?
wait..... why did Sakurai teach us binary for Byleth? I dont understand!!!!!!!!!
I dunno if it was binary, but in the Byleth presentation, he made the same hand sign as he did on the preview image for the reveal, before we knew it was Byleth, and said it was meant to signify the number of Fire Emblem games.

So he did hint, just, no one picked up on it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If Spiderman is in, I will play this song at max volume on top of a giant pizza in the sky.

I think I'd pass out if Spiderman delivered me a pizza and wanted to play strip smash bros. That's basically the dream.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'm late to the party, aren't I? Anyways, even if we are getting a character from an M-rated game (like Dante or Doomguy), since Sakurai will likely be talking about the character who will be revealed tomorrow, I don't think that the character to be revealed tomorrow will be along those M-rated lines. I think that such a character will either be saved for a general Direct or shadowdropped out of nowhere (akin to :ultjoker:) so then said character would not need to be talked about during their presentation or be talked about outside of their presentation.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The amount of characters that have potential to be announced tomorrow simply amazes me. The main reactions from most folks tomorrow will be either "WHAT THEY ADDED THEM?!" or "Okay, that makes sense."

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I dunno if it was binary, but in the Byleth presentation, he made the same hand sign as he did on the preview image for the reveal, before we knew it was Byleth, and said it was meant to signify the number of Fire Emblem games.

So he did hint, just, no one picked up on it.
I remember people jokingly getting it right all over the place lol

"What if the three means three houses?"

D

Deleted member

Instructions unclear, my shoes are now superglued to the ceiling. I'm also still wearing them.
First, get yourself, including your shoes, out of the ceiling.

Get yourself onto the floor. Maybe call for help if you cannot get out.

Then, take a cup you really like.

Fill the cup with water. Make sure the water and the cup is clean.

Fill it up all the way, but don't let it overflow.

Now, drink the water. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Imagine spending hours and money just for the japanese audience to say "i like the american one more"

Then again, maybe it's a "reverse Weeb" scenario, just like how a lot of American Anime fans prefer subs and japanese openings to dubs.

(are you sure about that statement? Crash's grin seems to scare them from what i have heard)
Sorry I was busy. The thing about Crash in Japan is that gamers (who pay attention) are aware of both versions of Crash and are receptive to his more modern look as opposed to his older look. From what I have seen in game news outlets, surveys, and groups; both renders are used, either together or separately for Crash - especially in regards to Smash Bros. The Japanese are more aware of the differences in renders than we are aware of the Japanese render. If that makes sense. So his default render would be the original western one but then perhaps one or more alt costumes featuring the Japanese version. It’s too much work to make them different based on the region (we get 8 Crash colors based on western Crash while Japan gets perhaps a split). Best to keep it all the same across the regions.

The mad man was counting in binary. They said it in the presentation.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sorry I was busy. The thing about Crash in Japan is that gamers (who pay attention) are aware of both versions of Crash and are receptive to his more modern look as opposed to his older look. From what I have seen in game news outlets, surveys, and groups; both renders are used, either together or separately for Crash - especially in regards to Smash Bros. The Japanese are more aware of the differences in renders than we are aware of the Japanese render. If that makes sense. So his default render would be the original western one but then perhaps one or more alt costumes featuring the Japanese version. It’s too much work to make them different based on the region (we get 8 Crash colors based on western Crash while Japan gets perhaps a split). Best to keep it all the same across the regions.
Venus...

Plz....

You're gonna kill me by giving me hope....

:skull:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Considering how the video is only three minutes long, I'm guessing Sakurai might tell us when to expect the character and possibly give us a date for a demonstration.

Personally, I don't think the short message at the end has anything to do with Sakurai explaining why the character was chosen or some type of "East and West" thing. Not sure why NoA gave us a more detailed Tweet, but I can't imagine them caring more about people overseas watching the end of the video than people in Japan. Doesn't seem intentional if you ask me.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It should be noted though that while “the finger” is the same meaning in Japan as in the West, it still has a foreign connotation. The “middle finger” is Japan’s pressing finger. It’s common for people to use it to hit buttons on a phone, the elevator, keypads, etc. I have gotten used to doing it over the years and it’s one of those things I’m trying to fix before i move back to the states. Another one is stop instinct-bowing as I talk to people on the phone.

But yeah, he was counting in binary. Not flicking us off. I’ll never forget singing the “Five Finger Song” to kindergartners here and, when I got to “brother finger” I flicked off a whole bunch of kids. And they flicked me off too. Good times

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
First, get yourself, including your shoes, out of the ceiling.

Get yourself onto the floor. Maybe call for help if you cannot get out.

Then, take a cup you really like.

Fill the cup with water. Make sure the water and the cup is clean.

Fill it up all the way, but don't let it overflow.

Now, drink the water. Enjoy!
I wanted to make sure the water was extra clean but now it tastes like soap...I'm sorry this is hard ><

D

Deleted member

I wanted to make sure the water was extra clean but now it tastes like soap...I'm sorry this is hard ><
Dry the cup. Also what I mean by clean water is to know if the water that comes out of the pipes to whatever is clean. Maybe get a water filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This is taking me back to the time when Sakurai was talking about SNK, and I barely knew what SNK was.

Good times.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dry the cup. Also what I mean by clean water is to know if the water that comes out of the pipes to whatever is clean. Maybe get a water filter.
Ok, seriously Shiny? How am I supposed to drink water from a cup if it's dry?

How about I just poor some water into a cup and just drink from it, you're making this too complicated!! GOSH!!

D

Deleted member

Ok, seriously Shiny? How am I supposed to drink water from a cup if it's dry?

How about I just poor some water into a cup and just drink from it, you're making this too complicated!! GOSH!!
Dry the cup first, and then pour clean water (Without toxic chemicals and other stuff). I would say fill it a lot, but don't overflow it so you don't make a miss. Then, drink the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom