• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
How many people here would actually prefer a BlazBlue character over Guilty Gear?
I'm fine with both actually, I think both games are great and both Ragna and Sol are great characters. The only downside to Ragna that I can think of are the ****posts over how similair he is to Dante in looks.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
How many people here would actually prefer a BlazBlue character over Guilty Gear?
Not me, lol. Nothing against Ragna, he's cool, but I'm a fan of Guilty Gear so...

I'm fine with both actually, I think both games are great and both Ragna and Sol are great characters. The only downside to Ragna that I can think of are the ****posts over how similair he is to Dante in looks.
Bold of you to assume some people wouldn't call Sol "Anime Ryu" or "Ryu Badguy" if he gets in.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't really care about Ragna or Sol. Noel would be a little more interesting, but the characters I'd prefer aren't "protagonists".

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
From a hype perspective, I would be equally as excited about Ragna and Sol. I have more experience with BlazBlue, but I've also gotten into Guilty Gear recently with Xrd Rev2 and it's a lot of fun. If they wanted to give the character a unique mechanic, Ragna's would probably be easier to understand, since most of his attacks just drain the enemy's health. With Sol, I could see them doing something transformation-based with Dragon Install, or they could incorporate a GG-specific mechanic like (as terrifying as this sounds) Roman cancelling. So to me, Sol seems trickier to implement but could end up being a more interesting fighter as a result.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be perfectly honest, I don't really want any Arc Sys character. I respect their characters and understand the impact they would bring.

But they just don't do much for me.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I enjoy both franchises but BlazBlue I prefer much more over Guilty Gear in terms of which one I enjoy more as a franchise. But if I have to say which one I'd prefer to see in Smash? I think Guilty Gear would make more sense then BlazBlue. I wouldn't mind at all seeing Ragna in the game (if we can get a Terumi or Hazama spirit and BlazBlue music in Smash Bros., the world would be a better place) but I think Sol and Guilty Gear would fit more then Ragna and BlazBlue would.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm more familiar with Blazblue that I am with Guilty Gear, but even I doubt this "leak" is real.

I'm one such person.
Yeah. It lists Fighter 79 as coming out on October 21st, 2020. That's the fourth fighter in Fighter Pass 2. And I highly doubt that we're getting four fighters in 2020.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah. It lists Fighter 79 as coming out on October 21st, 2020. That's the fourth fighter in Fighter Pass 2. And I highly doubt that we're getting four fighters in 2020.
Oh heck no, that's around when CP7's supposed to release. We're not going to suddenly jump three slots ahead. This was fun while it lasted, but in the bin it goes.

But hey, it's better than arguing about Geno for the 98723446th time, so lets discuss BlazBlue and/or Rune Factory in Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ehh... None of the Arc Systems characters really intrest me, and if one did get into Smash, they'd probably be another one of those, "Happy for the fans, but personally I'm not very excited," characters.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I enjoy both franchises but BlazBlue I prefer much more over Guilty Gear in terms of which one I enjoy more as a franchise. But if I have to say which one I'd prefer to see in Smash? I think Guilty Gear would make more sense then BlazBlue. I wouldn't mind at all seeing Ragna in the game (if we can get a Terumi or Hazama spirit and BlazBlue music in Smash Bros., the world would be a better place) but I think Sol and Guilty Gear would fit more then Ragna and BlazBlue would.
Curious, why you say that? If I can ask you.

I guess you're saying that because Guilty Gear is older or something?

Honestly, if Blazblue/Guilty Gear gets a character, which isn't very likely I'd say despite being very cool choices, if one of the both gets in with a playable fighter I could see getting content from the other franchise: some spirits, a Mii costume...

Goombaic

Smash Ace
A bit ****ed up but since it's making a point everyone knows already I'm not gonna bother fixing it. You can do dumb stuff like this with the inspect element.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I know nothing about Ragna the Bloodedge or Blazblue, but his name is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
aqua12.PNG

Me right here, chief.

Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't see me complaining if we got a Guilty Gear character, but I have more of a personal attachment to BlazBlue, as it was my introduction to ArcSys fighting games, and I have fond memories of playing BlazBlue games with my friends.

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 280602

Me right here, chief.

Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't see me complaining if we got a Guilty Gear character, but I have more of a personal attachment to BlazBlue, as it was my introduction to ArcSys fighting games, and I have fond memories of playing BlazBlue games with my friends.
The only bad thing about Ragna's potential inclusion for me is that he's not Bang.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You ask that like it's a controversial stance to. Were you trying to prove a point with this or something? :239:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You ask that like it's a controversial stance to. Were you trying to prove a point with this or something? :239:
No, just curious; I'm not a huge fan of either series but I figured GG was the more popular choice around here.

Don't see why you felt the need to call me out on this when nobody else took offense to how I worded it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
No, just curious; I'm not a huge fan of either series but I figured GG was the more popular choice around here.

Don't see why you felt the need to call me out on this when nobody else took offense to how I worded it.
It's probably familiarity. Around the same time Smash speculation began to spread outside the standard Nintendo and their roommates bubble, BlazBlue's story was concluding. In the same timeframe, Guilty Gear Strive's announcement and Dragon Ball FighterZ brought newfound attention to Guilty Gear and Arc System Works, and so Sol became ArcSys' frontrunner. in terms of Smash speculation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only BB character I'd want is Mai but I've never played an ArcSys game in my life soooo :drshrug:.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
With how good Nintendo’s been with Smash leaks this year, I’m going to say there’s no way that’s real. That’s basically the same thing as what happened with Terry. Nintendo wouldn’t let that happen AGAIN.

Ragna instead of Sol would be confusing, but whatever I’m down for it if they’re fun.

My personal Arcsys pick is Hakumen. I need a counter where he picks you up by the collar and chucks you through the dirt for trying to stab his toes.
And another one where he does the anime samurai thing.
And a shoulder-check for a dash attack when he's carrying around a giant Sephiroth sword.

Or I could make a huge stretch and say Linne or Enkidu from Under Night because Arcsys publishes it, but that's cheating.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom