• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So in light of Min Min getting in, here's my predictions on who we might get in Fighters Pass 2 going forward...
  • General predictions
    • This pass will be a mix of both first-parties and third-parties. The specific ratio, I've no idea, but I do think we'll see some sort of mix.
    • Since this pass started off with a Nintendo character instead of a third-party, I think this pass will be mostly "Nintendo-centric"... not in the sense of "Oop! All First-Parties!" (I seriously doubt that this pass will be all first-parties), but rather that it will be both first-parties and third-parties, the latter having some sort of significant connection and relevance to Nintendo and their history... of course, I do say "mostly" because there's always still the possibility of the one oddball character who doesn't fit this description.
    • We're likely getting a Capcom character. They only got an Echo Fighter in the base game and didn't get any character in the previous Fighters Pass, and they've still got plenty of fan favorites that could potentially make it in.
    • One of the characters will be a Banjo-type pick that is essentially there for no other purpose than to please the fans. Banjo-Kazooie in the previous Fighters Pass ended up getting an almost unanimously positive response, so I think it's likely we're gonna see one more character like that, possibly two if we're lucky.
    • One of the characters will be included to help promote some sort of upcoming third-party Switch release, such as a port or new game.
    • You know those surprise "premium" DLC Mii Fighter Costumes like Sans, Cuphead, and now Vault Boy? I think those will be a more common thing going forward, maybe bringing a song with them depending on the character and series.
And now for some more specific predictions...
fighterspassvol2predictions.png

• Fighter 7 - Kiryu Kazama (Yakuza)
    • Yes, I know I said that this pass will be "Nintendo-centric", and Kiryu Kazama isn't exactly the first thing you think of when it comes to Nintendo. His current connection to the company is, to my knowledge, limited to just two remastered Wii U ports of the first two Yakuza games (which barely anyone knows exist because they were Japan-only and... well, they were on the Wii U). However, with all the different games that have been getting ported to the Switch lately... I think the system will end up getting some surprise ports of some of the Yakuza games, and much like with Hero and Dragon Quest XI S, what better way to help spread the word about these ports than Kiryu in Smash?
  • Fighter 8 - Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    • Yes, I'm thinkin' he's in, as the Banjo-Kazooie of Fighters Pass 2. Assuming the pass really is going for the Nintendo-centric angle I'm predicting, Geno easily fits, being one of the main characters of a Mario game, one that resulted from Nintendo and Square Enix being close enough that the latter was able to produce a game with the former's top IP. Not to mention, the fan demand is there and has lasted for years at this point. There's so many uncertainties regarding his inclusion that he's obviously not guaranteed, but despite all the factors that are going against him... I think he's in.
  • Fighter 9 - Crash Bandicoot
    • Surprising pick, I know, but even disregarding the new game getting announced, I feel like Crash is in, possibly as the second Banjo-Kazooie of the pass alongside Geno. He's got the fan demand, the recent comeback through N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Refueled, the more recent announcement of a brand new Crash game, and he's also an important part of Nintendo's history and the history of gaming in general, being a pioneer of 3D platforming games and going toe-to-toe with both Mario and Sonic. Of course, there's the big elephant in the room of Crash being a western character, but considering the first pass had Banjo, as well as all the Mii Fighter costumes of western games like Undertale, Assassin's Creed, Rabbids, Cuphead, and Fallout, I don't think it'll be that big of an issue.
  • Fighter 10 - Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
    • I think ole' Barbed Head himself is next in line for the third Capcom character (or fourth if you count Echo Fighters). For one, among the different Capcom characters who could be in Smash, his franchise's association with Nintendo is completely unmatched, to the point that Wright is essentially considered an honorary Nintendo character even by Nintendo themselves. Every Ace Attorney game has been released on a Nintendo console first and foremost, and it never made the jump to other consoles and systems until the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney HD Trilogy release (which came out on Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam) in 2019. The Ace Attorney series is also decently-sized, what with six mainline games, four different spin-off games, a crossover with Level-5's Professor Layton, a film adaptation by Takashi Miike, an anime adaptation by A-1 Pictures, multiple manga adaptations, stage shows, drama CDs, musicals... it may not be Monster Hunter or Resident Evil, but the series' size is nothing to sneeze at.
  • Fighter 11 - Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
    • Two characters were specifically noted by Sakurai as being considered for base game, but not making it in due to unfortunate timing. One of them was an ARMS character, who was eventually included in the form of Min Min. The other was Rex, and since ARMS ended up getting its chance another day, I'm thinking Rex isn't far behind. While the Mii Fighter costume consolation prize muddies things up a bit, Sakurai notably felt the need to personally apologize to fans who wanted Rex in the game. Add in the rising popularity of the Xenoblade franchise and Chronicles 2 in particular, plus the ARMS character getting that second chance, and I can see Sakurai and the devs going back to give Rex another chance.
  • Other specific characters that could happen...
    • Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) - If Fighters Pass 2 brings us a second unique character from a series already in Smash, I think he's the one. Sonic was one of the first third-parties in Smash, Eggman is one of the series' most prominent characters besides Sonic himself, and he's generally a popular villain character.
    • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) - A popular third-party series and a staple of the Wii, plus there's Travis Strikes Back and the upcoming No More Heroes III on the Switch.
    • Dante (Devil May Cry) - While I don't think he's as likely as Wright, Devil May Cry V and the first three games getting ported to Switch do give him a higher chance than most other characters.
    • Pokemon - Whether or not this happens depends on whether or not Sakurai applies the "reserve a base game slot for Pokemon" policy to DLC as well. It's certainly possible, though I could also see it not happening and Sakurai focusing on other characters.
    • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) - In the event we get another Fighting Game character, he seems like the next most likely choice after the Heihachi costume returned.
    • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) - Honestly, I'm more surprised this character hasn't happened yet. Like Terry, he could represent not only his home series, but also Tecmo Koei as a whole, bringing in content from Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Dead or Alive, and Fatal Frame.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think Crash is a really easy prediction for this pass. Judging from the timeline of the release of N. Same Trilogy and now the release of Crash 4 it just kind of plays wholly in his favor.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Real talk; I genuinely support characters that most people would shut down because it's not Doomguy or Dante or Geno, etc.

Nothing against the characters themselves, but I'm actually kind of sick seeing people consistently put these kinds of characters on their wishlists and being all aggro to other people when it's not that character. Henceforth, I support the idea of adding completely new franchises to each Challenger Pack so people can broaden their horizons to game genres beyond all the mainstream schlock.

This doesn't mean I want NO big names (Sora and Crash are my most wanted); I just gravitate more towards characters who simply have potential for a fun moveset, regardless of whether or not they're popular. It's like Sakurai said with Terry: fun gameplay is more important than how much of a superstar a character is.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
In regards to your most wanted character, what kind of "cute detail" would you want for them? Like, a reference to their home games in a way that doesn't necessarily affect gameplay much (or at all). A good example of this is Joker's victory screens being just like in Persona 5, with him doing victory laps around the area, and his All Out Attack finishing screen too.

For me, I'd want Sora's HUD icon render to change expressions during battle like it does in the original Kingdom Hearts games when he gets hit or is low on health, just in the Smash render art style instead of the hand drawn styles seen in KHI, KHII, and KH3D.

Like...
https://www.khwiki.com/images/7/7b/Sprite_Sora_N_KH_1.png Normal
https://www.khwiki.com/images/a/a3/Sprite_Sora_N_KH_2.png Taking damage
https://www.khwiki.com/images/2/28/Sprite_Sora_N_KH_3.png At 100% damage or low Stamina
I'd want the Feys to show up in Phoenix's victory scene

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I know people are going Gaga over Cinderace, but he literally just got a Gigantimax form earlier this month. Toxtricity has had one established since the game came out. It’s more realistic for Sakurai to be privy to Toxtricity than Cinderace, and any kind of new concept that’s introduced in Pokemon finds its way into Smash, i.e. Mega Evolutions (Lucario, and Mewtwo), Fairy-types (Jigglypuff), Z-Moves (Incineroar), and Toxtricity would serve as the perfect Pokemon to represent Gigantimax forms. I also remember when the starters were first revealed, so many people dunked on their appearance, and immediately dismissed them as fake or terrible designs, and I’m not talking about a select few. It was a pretty vocal majority who hated them. I’ve never seen anyone really say anything negative about Toxtricity, either design or concept-wise. To further denounce is popularity is pretty reckless, honestly. He’s also not as cringeworthy as another Fire starter.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Real talk; I genuinely support characters that most people would shut down because it's not Doomguy or Dante or Geno, etc.

Nothing against the characters themselves, but I'm actually kind of sick seeing people consistently put these kinds of characters on their wishlists and being all aggro to other people when it's not that character. Henceforth, I support the idea of adding completely new franchises to each Challenger Pack so people can broaden their horizons to game genres beyond all the mainstream schlock.
Maybe the people putting those characters on their lists are just fans of those “mainstream schlock” characters. I’ve rooted for Hayabusa and Doom Slayer since before the leaks when no one was talking about them, then when they were rumored I was happy to finally get to have conversation with people without getting shut down due to being to violent. Now I can’t really have conversations with people about these two characters I adore because people are tired of hearing about them because it’s not the character they want. And the circle continues.

I just want to talk about Hayabusa and Doom Slayer again without someone always going “UGH are we talking about THEM again?” Even when we haven’t discussed them in a long while.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

I find myself supporting characters who are popular in the overall world of gaming but not in Smash speculation. Characters like Big Daddy, Lara Croft, Master Chief, Dovahkiin(until recently I suppose) and of course, Sony reps. Characters like that would be so cool because pretty much everyone knows who they are but they'd still be really big surprises. Not to say i don't have my common wants as well(The Knight and Phoenix) but yeah, those are the ones I usually find myself wanting more than the Genos and Shantaes of the world.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe the people putting those characters on their lists are just fans of those “mainstream schlock” characters. I’ve rooted for Hayabusa and Doom Slayer since before the leaks when no one was talking about them, then when they were rumored I was happy to finally get to have conversation with people without getting shut down due to being to violent. Now I can’t really have conversations with people about these two characters I adore because people are tired of hearing about them because it’s not the character they want. And the circle continues.

I just want to talk about Hayabusa and Doom Slayer again without someone always going “UGH are we talking about THEM again?” Even when we haven’t discussed them in a long while.
I think the only character I've brought up that has always been shot down and never discussed is Mike Jones.

1593403179847.png

It's kinda weird, it's almost universally disregarded and I've never been in a full conversation about him. Maybe people are just that deadset on thinking he is a never ever? I guess they never played StarTropics.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the only character I've brought up that has always been shot down and never discussed is Mike Jones.

View attachment 276631

It's kinda weird, it's almost universally disregarded and I've never been in a full conversation about him. Maybe people are just that deadset on thinking he is a never ever? I guess they never played StarTropics.
****, dude, all you had to do was talk to me. Mike Jones is like the only series I want Nintendo to reboot. I think it could be a great Sister series to modern day Zelda.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It would also seem Toxtricity was teased in Gen 7.

Toxtricity's the same pokemon that's featured on Turrfield's etching as well. I believe TPC and Game Freak have a plan to use this Pokemon a lot more in the future.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
'Twas the night before Min Min and all through boards
Not a creature was stirring, not even a cord.
The Switches were plugged in the wall with care
In hopes that Sakurai would soon be there.

The smashers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of patch notes danced in their heads;
And bae in their nightgown, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a short summer’s nap.

When down by the TV there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to my setup I flew like a flash,
Turned on the TV and started up Smash.

The moon from the window of my lovely abode,
Gave the lust of light to the Switch Dark Mode.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear soon,
But a miniature ride, the legendary Dragoon,

With a smart young driver, so lively and spry,
I knew in this moment it must be Sakurai.
More rapid than eagles his helpers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:

“Now, Mario! Now, Luigi! Now, Marth! And Robin!
On, DK! On, Diddy! On, Lucas! And Falcon!
To the top of the Switch! At the top of the date!
Dash away Dash away! Deliver the update!”

As dry tweets that before the tweetstorm fly,
When they meet with a bug, patched to the sky;
So onto the switch the entourage flew,
With the patch full of fixes, and Sakurai too.

And then, in a twinkling, I saw in the game
The coding and reworks by each little name.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Onto my couch Sakurai came with a bound.

He was dressed all in textiles, from his head to his shoe,
In his pockets, a pitch for Kid Icarus II,
A bundle of songs he had arranged for his games,
And he looked like a gamer, albeit one with a name

His eyes-how they twinkled! His dimples how merry!
His cheek filled with joy, his nose a double cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the hair of his head was of one in the know;

The stump of a pipe he held in his hand,
Was based off the model from 3D Land;
He had a broad face and tall slender figure,
That watched with intent with each final smash trigger.

He was tall and slim, in wonderful health,
And I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself;
A wink in his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And finished the update, then turn with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside from his nose,
And giving a nod, on the Dragoon he rose:

He sprang on the Dragoon, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
“Happy Smashing to all, and to all a good night.”

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I've played it.

You think a guy who can't even get Spirits has any chance?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
After all these years, Ash finally building an OU viable team.
It's unironically his strongest team since like, Kalos.

Hopefully they're gearing him up for a victory in the League this time around so they can finally retire him.

Shroob

Sup?
It's unironically his strongest team since like, Kalos.

Hopefully they're gearing him up for a victory in the League this time around so they can finally retire him.
And then he'll get swept by a random Kubfuu that evolves mid match because look how awesome Urshifuu is buy our DLC this Pokemon is awesome buy our DLC.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And then he'll get swept by a random Kubfuu that evolves mid match because look how awesome Urshifuu is buy our DLC this Pokemon is awesome buy our DLC.
nah he'll just get put up against some guy with the Galarian Bird and Regi trios for his team and lose.

**** you Tobias.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Sad thing About Gen 8 Pokemon in Fighter Pass is we wouldn't get any new Pokeball Pokemon with them I'd Assume

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ash winning the Alola League was satisfying enough for me.
After all these years, him winning the farmer league where they can't even follow their own battle rules feels like a pitty win more than anything, and it makes me sad after the incredible Kalos league.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You know he already won last season, right?

him winning the farmer league where they can't even follow their own battle rules feels like a pitty win more than anything
That's all he deserves. Ash is a terrible trainer.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Kind of sucks that Ash's team has already been spoiled for me, But oh well... What can you do?

I love that Ash has Dragonite on his team as it's without a doubt my all time favorite Dragon type Pokemon.

- Powerful
- Badass
- Adorable

He's the complete package.

Only a few episodes into the anime, But looking forward to Dragonite getting more screen time.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After all these years, him winning the farmer league where they can't even follow their own battle rules feels like a pitty win more than anything, and it makes me sad after the incredible Kalos league.
Never saw it that way, myself. Still don't.

It made national news and was widely celebrated in the fambae. And at the end of the day, he still won. And in the league of one of my favorite regions, no less. I'll happily take it. But hey, that's just me.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Min Min Monday is almost upon us! After that, I think our next Smash Bros. reveal will be in September in the first full Nintendo Direct of the year.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It made national news and was widely celebrated in the fambae. And at the end of the day, he still won. And in the league of one of my favorite regions, no less. I'll happily take it. But hey, that's just me.
It's also his second league win. Though at least it's a traditional league, unlike the filler Orange League(though at least the Orange Islands were redone with the Sevii Islands in FireRed/LeafGreen, so that's nice).

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
So in light of Min Min getting in, here's my predictions on who we might get in Fighters Pass 2 going forward...
  • General predictions
    • This pass will be a mix of both first-parties and third-parties. The specific ratio, I've no idea, but I do think we'll see some sort of mix.
    • Since this pass started off with a Nintendo character instead of a third-party, I think this pass will be mostly "Nintendo-centric"... not in the sense of "Oop! All First-Parties!" (I seriously doubt that this pass will be all first-parties), but rather that it will be both first-parties and third-parties, the latter having some sort of significant connection and relevance to Nintendo and their history... of course, I do say "mostly" because there's always still the possibility of the one oddball character who doesn't fit this description.
    • We're likely getting a Capcom character. They only got an Echo Fighter in the base game and didn't get any character in the previous Fighters Pass, and they've still got plenty of fan favorites that could potentially make it in.
    • One of the characters will be a Banjo-type pick that is essentially there for no other purpose than to please the fans. Banjo-Kazooie in the previous Fighters Pass ended up getting an almost unanimously positive response, so I think it's likely we're gonna see one more character like that, possibly two if we're lucky.
    • One of the characters will be included to help promote some sort of upcoming third-party Switch release, such as a port or new game.
    • You know those surprise "premium" DLC Mii Fighter Costumes like Sans, Cuphead, and now Vault Boy? I think those will be a more common thing going forward, maybe bringing a song with them depending on the character and series.
And now for some more specific predictions...
View attachment 276618
  • Fighter 7 - Kiryu Kazama (Yakuza)
    • Yes, I know I said that this pass will be "Nintendo-centric", and Kiryu Kazama isn't exactly the first thing you think of when it comes to Nintendo. His current connection to the company is, to my knowledge, limited to just two remastered Wii U ports of the first two Yakuza games (which barely anyone knows exist because they were Japan-only and... well, they were on the Wii U). However, with all the different games that have been getting ported to the Switch lately... I think the system will end up getting some surprise ports of some of the Yakuza games, and much like with Hero and Dragon Quest XI S, what better way to help spread the word about these ports than Kiryu in Smash?
  • Fighter 8 - Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    • Yes, I'm thinkin' he's in, as the Banjo-Kazooie of Fighters Pass 2. Assuming the pass really is going for the Nintendo-centric angle I'm predicting, Geno easily fits, being one of the main characters of a Mario game, one that resulted from Nintendo and Square Enix being close enough that the latter was able to produce a game with the former's top IP. Not to mention, the fan demand is there and has lasted for years at this point. There's so many uncertainties regarding his inclusion that he's obviously not guaranteed, but despite all the factors that are going against him... I think he's in.
  • Fighter 9 - Crash Bandicoot
    • Surprising pick, I know, but even disregarding the new game getting announced, I feel like Crash is in, possibly as the second Banjo-Kazooie of the pass alongside Geno. He's got the fan demand, the recent comeback through N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Refueled, the more recent announcement of a brand new Crash game, and he's also an important part of Nintendo's history and the history of gaming in general, being a pioneer of 3D platforming games and going toe-to-toe with both Mario and Sonic. Of course, there's the big elephant in the room of Crash being a western character, but considering the first pass had Banjo, as well as all the Mii Fighter costumes of western games like Undertale, Assassin's Creed, Rabbids, Cuphead, and Fallout, I don't think it'll be that big of an issue.
  • Fighter 10 - Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
    • I think ole' Barbed Head himself is next in line for the third Capcom character (or fourth if you count Echo Fighters). For one, among the different Capcom characters who could be in Smash, his franchise's association with Nintendo is completely unmatched, to the point that Wright is essentially considered an honorary Nintendo character even by Nintendo themselves. Every Ace Attorney game has been released on a Nintendo console first and foremost, and it never made the jump to other consoles and systems until the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney HD Trilogy release (which came out on Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam) in 2019. The Ace Attorney series is also decently-sized, what with six mainline games, four different spin-off games, a crossover with Level-5's Professor Layton, a film adaptation by Takashi Miike, an anime adaptation by A-1 Pictures, multiple manga adaptations, stage shows, drama CDs, musicals... it may not be Monster Hunter or Resident Evil, but the series' size is nothing to sneeze at.
  • Fighter 11 - Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
    • Two characters were specifically noted by Sakurai as being considered for base game, but not making it in due to unfortunate timing. One of them was an ARMS character, who was eventually included in the form of Min Min. The other was Rex, and since ARMS ended up getting its chance another day, I'm thinking Rex isn't far behind. While the Mii Fighter costume consolation prize muddies things up a bit, Sakurai notably felt the need to personally apologize to fans who wanted Rex in the game. Add in the rising popularity of the Xenoblade franchise and Chronicles 2 in particular, plus the ARMS character getting that second chance, and I can see Sakurai and the devs going back to give Rex another chance.
  • Other specific characters that could happen...
    • Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) - If Fighters Pass 2 brings us a second unique character from a series already in Smash, I think he's the one. Sonic was one of the first third-parties in Smash, Eggman is one of the series' most prominent characters besides Sonic himself, and he's generally a popular villain character.
    • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) - A popular third-party series and a staple of the Wii, plus there's Travis Strikes Back and the upcoming No More Heroes III on the Switch.
    • Dante (Devil May Cry) - While I don't think he's as likely as Wright, Devil May Cry V and the first three games getting ported to Switch do give him a higher chance than most other characters.
    • Pokemon - Whether or not this happens depends on whether or not Sakurai applies the "reserve a base game slot for Pokemon" policy to DLC as well. It's certainly possible, though I could also see it not happening and Sakurai focusing on other characters.
    • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) - In the event we get another Fighting Game character, he seems like the next most likely choice after the Heihachi costume returned.
    • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) - Honestly, I'm more surprised this character hasn't happened yet. Like Terry, he could represent not only his home series, but also Tecmo Koei as a whole, bringing in content from Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Dead or Alive, and Fatal Frame.
I could see it being 3 third parties and 3 1st parties.

If that is the case...These three would be my choice for 3rd parties.
2B
Nero (Or Nightmare Or Morrigan)
Sora (Or Geno)

And these two would be my 1st party picks.
Impa (or Volga)
Lana AND Cia ala Zelda/Sheik in Melee and Brawl
So basically Hyrule Warriors

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Glad to meet another fan of the Sun and Moon anime! Sun and Moon (along with Ash in general) get way too much flak. The league win was well deserved!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It would also seem Toxtricity was teased in Gen 7.

Toxtricity's the same pokemon that's featured on Turrfield's etching as well. I believe TPC and Game Freak have a plan to use this Pokemon a lot more in the future.
That's the coolest Pokemon design I have seen in awhile. Gigantamax Toxtricity looks cool.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't understand time zones, how much more before she gets released?
Seeing as she’ll be out on 30th June in Japan, midnight strikes there in like 7 hours, but the release is likely at some point in the morning, so more like 15+ hours from now.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I've been thinking. Sometimes it's good if we look at all the DLC fighters in the past. Including Smash 4. Here are some points I'd like to bring up.

1. 3rd Parties that have a strong relationship with Nintendo means nothing. The inclusion of Cloud and Joker, makes it obvious we need to stop thinking about how greatly associated with Nintendo a 3rd party series is. Anybody is on the table. At this point I don't think a series like Rayman has a greater chance than a series like Bloodborne.

2. There's not going to be many Western 3rd Parties. Based on what Sakurai said about Banjo and even Grant Kirkhope doing a remix, it seems like the team is a little weary of working with western companies. Mostly due to the language barrier. For this reason I think we'll only get one Western character... if at all. A thing to note, Banjo seems to be there to appease the fans more than anything. So it should be noted that if there is a Western character it might be a fan pleaser rather than a surprise pick. That being said...

3. Fan favorites only get in... sometimes. By fan favorites I mean heavily requested fighters by people like you and me. General popularity and legacy often beats out what we cry for. Cloud is a very popular character but I'd argue, among the Smash community, he wasn't everyone's top pick. Maybe it's because no one thought it was possible, but that's beside the point. Point is what we and others like us rally behind aren't always picked.

4. First party characters seem to be promoting something. This is just an observation but every new 1st party DLC character was most likely for promotional purposes. Corrin, Byleth, Min Min. The ARMS character proves that it doesn't have to be recent it just has to be on the market. It's also possible ARMS 2 is in development. Either way, so far that's been the case. This isn't a "rule" it's just something to think about.

All of these points are something to think about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom