• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The home s-t-r-e-t-c-h guys! While I've been a Min Min supporter, I feel like in the end Spring Man will be the fighter they go with, however I'd like to be wrong!

Either way, we'll be getting a new unique fighter for Smash finally. I also feel like the new fighter regardless who it is will be available, if not after the presentation, shortly after.
I think we get the ARMS fighter on Wednesday at the latest, but probably sooner. Who knows, though.

All in all, I just want to see who it is, how they play, and what stage/music we get with it (if we’re lucky, we’ll get each character’s theme, which would be nice).

With that, I think I’ll probably be staying away from this thread until after the presentation. Just in case something leaks last minute, so I don’t get spoiled. Enjoy, everyone! And let’s not go after each other when/if your character gets in over someone else’s, ya?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I still have absolutely no idea on who the ARMS character could be.

My former prediction was one between Dr Coyle, Max Brass, Mechanica or Misango, but I'm starting to consider Master Mummy too and if they break the spirits fan rule, Min Min has a chance too.

The only thing I'm pretty confident to say, is that IMO it won't be Springman. Not only because he's an assist trophy, but also because he's the main character, and will likely be one of the newcomers of the next Smash's base game, so I think they will keep him for the future.

But I can be wrong... it can be anything, really.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not only because he's an assist trophy, but also because he's the main character, and will likely be one of the newcomers of the next Smash's base game, so I think they will keep him for the future.
Not that I think he's a lock or anything but I'm not sure how this makes any sense. Nintendo has nothing to gain from saving a character for a game in the indefinite future.

I.D.

Smash Lord
inb4 Verge leaks at the last second to try to bring reverence like he did like last time
Yeah, remember to open a Gamefaqs tab in case you want to know the mii costumes 10 minutes ahead of time, guys

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Not that I think he's a lock or anything but I'm not sure how this makes any sense. Nintendo has nothing to gain from saving a character for a game in the indefinite future.
They would gain that they're running short of big faces and recognizable characters to use for advertising the new game, so it's better to keep a main character to slap on the cover of the next game rather than an obscure side character that only the hardcore fans will recognise. IMO he's going to be the next Inkling.

Regardless, this is just my prediction so it can be totally wrong.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
They would gain that they're running short of big faces and recognizable characters to use for advertising the new game, so it's better to keep a main character to slap on the cover of the next game rather than an obscure side character that only the hardcore fans will recognise. IMO he's going to be the next Inkling.
This would make sense... if ARMS wasn't already getting a fighter in Smash right now as part of Ultimate's DLC. It would be like if one of the upcoming Fighters Pass 2 DLC characters was an Ace Attorney character, and they went with Detective Gumshoe of all characters because it would be "better" to save Phoenix Wright for the next brand new Smash.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Good Morning, Gang. Today's the big day.

Gonna keep my prediction the same as it has been since day 1: Spring Man with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min alts.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure who to outright expect. But I'm hoping it'll somehow, someway be my boy Misango with the Aztecic Aesthetic. But if not, Spring-Man or Min-Min would be pretty cool too. Or multi-character.

Of course, I say that like I don't like the majority of ARMS' cast. I just want the moveset and stage shown off.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Calling it now, it's Spring Man, followed by an AT/Spirit promotion pass. One character will be a reverse Byleth, in that they're a non-promotee while everyone else is. Probably Lloyd, Bamco should have a second rep and he was a Mii last game, so it's still technically a promotion.

Barq and Byte - You want to pet the doggo, admit it.
Dr.Coyle - Punching Isabelle from halfway across the stage is okay as long as it's in the name of SCIENCE!
Understandable, have a nice day.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Still expecting Springman, but I'm open to almost any option. Very curious about how the character will play.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Good morning/night/day to y'all, hopefully things turn out well! I know we won't all be happy, but still

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
We're so close!!

Ok, I'm officially predicting Min Min, partly because I believe she has a great shot, and also because I really want it to be her.

She's trending hard on Twitter too. Smash character reveals generate so much hype even now, I love it.

Fifteen minutes!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm on the Spring Man train. Springtron alt as well. Possibly a Ribbon Girl alt. Though I do lean other alts aren't likely(and I'm not leaning towards a Ribbon Girl alt). However, I don't think we're getting any Echoes. Sakurai was pretty adamant on the "these are the last 6 characters".

I'm hoping for a Deluxe Fulgore costume(I don't think he's likely to be playable. Not when competing with Steve and Master Chief, two gaming icons and all). Killer Instinct's music rocks.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm pretty sure Spring Man is our only option that leads to us getting at least one more character as an alt, so that's who I'm predicting and rooting for.

Regardless, I'm expecting a really cool fighter.

SKX31

Smash Master
Reposting my final ARMS prediction from the RTC thread, which is shamelessly non-committal:

1/6 chance Spring Man
1/6 chance Ribbon Girl
1/6 chance Min Min
1/6 chance Max Brass
1/6 chance Dr. Coyle
1/6 chance Twintelle

"But SKX31 SKX31 you headless hockey honcho!" I hear you say. Indeed, I am. But remember, I am very dastardly.

Last edited:

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I bet Sakurai's house is nice!

Oh... I can't wait for there to be something that people think is a hint for FP7.

3 MIN-MINUTES

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I don't know if thread bets are allowed, but as this thread resident anti AT / Spirit upgrade person

To everyone who likes this post, if the AT OR Spirit rules gets broken today, I will not only admit I was wrong, but I will draw the people who liked it a personal traditional drawing
Well that's just a nice gesture right there.

Makes it exciting for sure. If they don't, I'll draw you a pic of your MW just so it's fair. PM after the event to let me know who you want if that's the case.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What he just drops the name and the rest of the presentation has the character slowly zoom in while T-posing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom