• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Here's something that isn't an April Fools joke. You might still think it's cruel if you wanted Tom Nook.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Spirit Event Time
Stalk Time

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
my mans pulled the exact ****ing images
To be fair it’s their official renders, I couldn’t see them using anything else.
the nerve of em to involve Rover when he's not even in NH
Gulliver, The Able sisters, and Bunny T. Zippier are the only ones in the background that are in New Horizons currently. Hope we the rest make an appearance soon.
Tell us your insider knowledge oh wise one.
Fighter passes 6-11 will have characters, some people will like them and some will not.

I have spoken.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
General reminder that we should also be getting another Sakurai column this week. I have a feeling something interesting is going to come up.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, what do you expect the spirit battles to be?

CJ: Gray Isabelle who prefers side-B
Orville and Wilbur: Two blue pants Falcos who tend to jump on Pilotwings
Daisy Mae: Tiny Daisy who prefers down-B
Flick: Red Charizard who avoids conflict allied with Villagers who prefer to grab. Must defeat Charizard to win.

D

Deleted member

" Man, I wonder what this weeks spirit event will be? Lemme just go online and che- "

..............WELP, There goes a good chunk of Tom Nook’s DLC Spirit Board.
....And probably his chances of being DLC, period.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's interesting that it's the Thousand Year Door partners in the Flipnote leak. Perhaps the Paper Mario for Switch is actually the remake that rumoured was in development for the 3DS? Then again, it would be kinda odd if they skipped the original and went straight to Thousand Year Door, but they also skipped Partners in Time when doing the Mario & Luigi remakes so...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's interesting that it's the Thousand Year Door partners in the Flipnote leak. Perhaps the Paper Mario for Switch is actually the remake that rumoured was in development for the 3DS? Then again, it would be kinda odd if they skipped the original and went straight to Thousand Year Door, but they also skipped Partners in Time when doing the Mario & Luigi remakes so...
April Fools!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Doesn't really matter as this rumor is on life support now, but Partners in Time was skipped because it's considered the worst M&L game.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Wow, a spirit even that actually, ya know, kinda corresponds to the release of its game. Amazing.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doesn't really matter as this rumor is on life support now, but Partners in Time was skipped because it's considered the worst M&L game.
Tbh that's a shame because from what I can tell, the criticism is mostly out of gameplay changes which people didn't like, a remake would have been able to fix that. Not that it matters because if they can't get Bowser s Inside Story to succeed then it's clear the franchise couldn't be saved

D

Deleted member

Tom Nook wasn’t one of the most highly requested characters, even among first parties, but Animal Crossing is at least one of Nintendo’s bigger franchises alongside Zelda, Kirby and (let’s not deny it at this point) Fire Emblem and it's impossible to deny Nook’s attendance and importance within it.

Missed opportunity to do a Three Houses and advertise a big release like New Horizons with a Smash character, and ol’ Nook was the prime candidate.

........But oh well. I guess they think his gig as Villager and Isabelle’s final smashes is "good enough" despite his importance.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
did everyone forget that Isabelle was literally revealed alongside New Horizons? just play as your dumb dog secretary if you want more animal crossing jeez louise

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can’t believe Hayabusa was the ARMS character all along...

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
did everyone forget that Isabelle was literally revealed alongside New Horizons? just play as your dumb dog secretary if you want more animal crossing jeez louise
If people can want more DK and Pokémon characters despite them also getting base game characters, there’s nothing wrong with some people wanting another Animal Crossing character.

D

Deleted member

But I don’t wanna play as a dumb secretary dog, I wanna be a dumb shopkeeper raccoon that puts you in debt that you can pay back at whatever pace you like and has importance and seniority within his home series that secretary dog wishes she has.;)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But I don’t wanna play as a dumb secretary dog, I wanna be a dumb shopkeeper raccoon that puts you in debt that you can pay back at whatever pace you like and has importance and seniority within his home series that secretary dog wishes she has.;)
Well too bad. You can only play as your dumb secretary dog and your dumb, misshapen, psycopathic, avatar self.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still want Tom Nook and find it weird he isn’t playable, so the spirit event kinda sucks, but I wasn’t expecting him anyway. I like Isabelle, and Nook did take a back seat in New Leaf, but still, I feel he should’ve at least came with her, as he’s at least just as much of a face for the series as she is. He’s more important in New Horizons, too.

The leaf icon is even highly associated with him.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Villager and Isabelle pretty much represent all of the gameplay aspects of Animal Crossing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Villager and Isabelle pretty much represent all of the gameplay aspects of Animal Crossing.
I wish Isabelle did a better job representing the bell getting or at least a bit more on the Project Works. She still does represent them a bit, plus gives us the last key tool, Fishing. Those two combined flesh it out well.

At most, we're lacking the importance of bell grinding.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tom Nook could still represent the business side of AC.

Money money money money money money money money-

Hit people with bells/bell bags, could still use turnips, and other stuff. Plus, we have some characters in a few other series that aren’t really needed for representation reasons, anyway. I’d argue Tom Nook best represents the series alongside Villager, anyway, Isabelle being good too like a second mascot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom