• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, we're doing this, huh? I guess I'll just throw my two cents here, if no one minds.

1. Spring Man (with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min as alts, a'la Hero)
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Dixie Kong
5. Waluigi
6. Isaac

I guess I may as well point out now that there are TONS (and I do mean TONS) more 1st party characters I'd add to this list (including, but not limited to, Nintendo Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Pilotwings, Eternal Darkness, Geist, Rhythm Heaven, StarTropics, Astral Chain, Ring Fit, Murasame Castle, Panel de Pon, Starfy, etc.), but as you can see, we'd be here all day.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Valkyries is a goddess who come down to Marvel Land to fight against any evil that threatens it

Sandra/Whirlo(in EU) is green humanoid thing that is trying to find cure for his son, he travels all over Marvel Land with a pitchfork for the cure.. He ends up teaming up with Valkyrie in the third game.

Enjoy this cute fanart

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/50498382
okay but is there a reason you had a stroke

****ing acting like you're on /v/ and **** with wojaks up the ass

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Alright so upward strikes then. The point is that Richter never displays the whip mastery Simon has in Castlevania IV.
I like the idea that in Castlevania canon, none of the Belmonts can even step up on Simon, and that's why he's the only one who can do all the crazy **** with a whip. The man killed Dracula twice -- and iirc the first time he did it he was a teenager and it was basically just to prove that he could.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"nOOOOOOOOO NOT THE HECKIN PALUTINOS AND PITTOS
YOUUUU CANT REMOVE THEM nOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

* Whirlo uses all his power to remove them from existence *

"I HAVE TO TELL MY REDDIT BROS™ ABOUT THIS"

"BUT FIRST"

* opens reddit *

* sees drunk Isabelle befriending doom man while epically bro fisting *

* clicks upvote *

"Oh. My. God. That was... E P I C ! ! ! !"

* Starts feeling lustful energy for Nintendo females *

"Hmmmm I have already looked at erotica of the yellow canine" * rubs isabelle amiibo gently with hand *

* Remembers Palutena moving her tremendous, wider than wide, bigger than big, buttocks from Super Smash Bros Palutena Trailer E3 2014 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U™ *

"OH YES I KNOW"

"Suddenly Remembers Whirlio fellow has deleted Palutena from existance *

"OHNONONONONO HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS SMALL GREEN GRIMACE HOW COULD YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOO"

... What in the world did I just witness?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
First party pass time? Ok here we go:
  1. ARMS rep that has multiple characters like Koopalings and Hero.
  2. Rex/Pyra
  3. Waluigi
  4. Dixie Kong
  5. Andy
  6. Ashley
Honestly thinking of a first party pass was harder than I thought it'd be. It seems like most of my most wanted characters are third party.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ultimately, they are. Sakurai set out to create an accessible fighting game -- and then came up with the crossover idea second (with Iwata's help), when he and his team had trouble designing characters with an identity of their own. The characters fulfill the function of being the roster for the game -- rather than the game fulfilling the function of having a roster to add characters to.
The thing is though, functions can be assigned to ANY character. There's no excuse to have good functions assigned to bad characters, when you can put those exact same functions on good characters instead.

So the argument of "this crappy character is still valuable because they are a good set of functions" doesn't hold any weight. Because it didn't NEED to be a crappy character to have those functions.

And if you're going to be happy no matter who get's added...why are you even here? Your anticipation means nothing because every character is the same to you.

Is it really combining moves when everything Richter does in Smash is fully replicatable by him in his own games? I only played him in Portrait of Ruin but he has all the subweapons and whip strikes? Just disagree with this comparison
Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that it applies to Simon still. Simon is an amalgamation of Belmont abilities that he, himself doesn't posses.

Hero is probably a better example though. As the Hero represented in Smash has more abilities than any of those individual Heroes possess in their own games.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I put together a first-person pass based on characters who don't have Spirits.
1585422642619.png

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you hate this?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, we're doing this, huh? I guess I'll just throw my two cents here, if no one minds.

1. Spring Man (with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min as alts, a'la Hero)
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Dixie Kong
5. Waluigi
6. Isaac

I guess I may as well point out now that there are TONS (and I do mean TONS) more 1st party characters I'd add to this list (including, but not limited to, Nintendo Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Pilotwings, Eternal Darkness, Geist, Rhythm Heaven, StarTropics, Astral Chain, Ring Fit, Murasame Castle, Panel de Pon, Starfy, etc.), but as you can see, we'd be here all day.
It's not really a surprise considering how similar our tastes are, but still, we made the same pass in a different order. That's cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I honestly got to choose the remaining five characters for Ultimate and they all had to be first party:

1. Andy from Advance Wars
  2. Ray Mk-III from Custom Robo
  3. Isaac from Golden Sun
  4. Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade 2
  5. Idk at this point. Paper Mario?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My all Nintendo pass, no echoes:
FP6: Min Min
FP7: Elma
FP8: Octoling
FP9: Black Shadow
FP10: Bandana Dee
FP11: either Dixie or Chorus Kids

my dream pass with a mix of first and third parties, four of the six will have echoes to fill all the remaining WoL slots:
FP6: Min Min (Ninjara echo)
FP7: Neku
FP8: Octoling
FP9: Elma (Fiora echo)
FP10: Arle (Amitie echo) or Crash (Coco echo)
FP11: KOS-MOS (T-elos echo)

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
The thing is though, functions can be assigned to ANY character. There's no excuse to have good functions assigned to bad characters, when you can put those exact same functions on good characters instead.

So the argument of "this crappy character is still valuable because they are a good set of functions" doesn't hold any weight. Because it didn't NEED to be a crappy character to have those functions.

And if you're going to be happy no matter who get's added...why are you even here? Your anticipation means nothing because every character is the same to you.
I anticipate some characters more than others -- mostly due to what they would bring to the table (most of my most wanted are characters that could be implemented pretty 1:1, like Sol or Dante).

I like to discuss with others what they expect to be added to the game, and hear their reasoning why they expect it/explain my reasoning why I expect what I expect.

I like to share excitement and anticipation over reveals.

I don't come on this board to list off "these are the characters that are good" and "these are the characters that are crappy" and then harass people as to why they want "crappy" character.

Just because I don't feel the need to **** on others' characters or tell them that their opinions hold no value just because no addition to the game would make them unhappy, doesn't mean I should leave the board. I come here to share positivity, not negativity.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Valkyries is a goddess who come down to Marvel Land to fight against any evil that threatens it

Sandra/Whirlo(in EU) is green humanoid thing that is trying to find cure for his son, he travels all over Marvel Land with a pitchfork for the cure.. He ends up teaming up with Valkyrie in the third game.

Enjoy this cute fanart

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/50498382
Sandra? You mean Kurino Sandra, the hero?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
doesn't mean I should leave the board.
Wasn't suggesting that you should. Was simply stating that I don't understand what someone with the viewpoint you described earlier could possibly get out of this thread.

That said, I think the viewpoint you put forth just now is at odds with the viewpoint you stated earlier. So I believe one of them is disingenuous in an attempt to to be argumentative.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I only remember Twintelle for one reason, and it's not her personality.

I just don't care about Coyle. By the time she was revealed, I was long done with ARMs and nothing about her design stood out beyond mad scientist. Max Brass is more my type of fighting game antagonist, large and in charge :ultganondorf::ultbowser:

Min Min's good. She's fundamentally solid and is the one character I like that has a reasonable chance of getting in. The stoic martial artist isn't my favorite archetype though.
Twintelle is a movie star who fights with her hair and she reeks of being a badass woman (similar bayo vibes in not just the hair but the attitude) or you have min min the Noodle weeb cutsie girl, bleh. To me Spring Man (protagonist) or Twintelle (best character design) are the only good options.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Twintelle is a movie star who fights with her hair and she reeks of being a badass woman (similar bayo vibes in not just the hair but the attitude) or you have min min the Noodle weeb cutsie girl, bleh. To me Spring Man (protagonists) or Twintelle (best character design) are the only good options.
Define badass woman because any woman that can kick my ass is most definitely badass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Thus brave man just admitted to flaming.
Dont pit the blame on me.
I only just admitted i dont care for majority of nintendo characters on the roster?????

btw replace all fire emeblem characters with Shining Force and Langrisser characters

Sandra? You mean Kurino Sandra, the hero?
YES (whirlo is a better name)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Define badass woman because any woman that can kick my ass is most definitely badass.
Badass in that she looks like she has power or authority if that makes sense, lots of attitude from her looks alone and the hair thing is pretty cool. Just based off seeing her character design when she was first shown off I knew she was a winner.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
First Party Pass:
1. Dr. Coyle - Female villain makes her very interesting imo.
2. Rex and Pyra - Very popular new game in the Switch's lifespan.
3. Waluigi - The masses have demanded it.
4. Dixie Kong - Longstanding fan support and was planned to be in Brawl in some from at one point. Also way more relevant than King K Rool at the moment.
5. Bandanna Waddle Dee - It's time for another Kirby Rep and this is the logical choice. Solid fan support as well.
6. Rillaboom - We need a grass starter final evo.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Wasn't suggesting that you should. Was simply stating that I don't understand what someone with the viewpoint you described earlier could possibly get out of this thread.

That said, I think the viewpoint you put forth just now is at odds with the viewpoint you stated earlier. So I believe either the first one was merely to be argumentative, or the second one is disingenuous in an attempt to make yourself look better.
I never said 'every character is the same to me'. I had never heard of the character I currently main before they were announced for Smash, and was completely unphased by their leak/reveal. Simon was my most wanted to get in pre-ultimate, and I ended up pissing off my dad with how much I freaked out about his trailer. I was as disappointed that Incineroar got in over Grinch Leak as anyone -- but -- as I did say, I like Smash because it's Smash, and while I would lose my mind over a Dante reveal, and be more than a little peeved at a Krystal reveal, I don't tell the Krystal fans to their faces that their character is "crap" or that they shouldn't be added to the game.

Ultimately, any addition to the game makes me happy/excited, but some make be more happy/excited than others -- especially at the initial reaction to their announcement, but after that moment whatever feelings were tied to that character's reveal eventually fade and the only certainty is that the game has more value after the character gets added than before.

Badass in that she looks like she has power or authority if that makes sense, lots of attitude from her looks alone and the hair thing is pretty cool. Just based off seeing her character design when she was first shown off I knew she was a winner.
Min-Min looks like she don't take **** from nobody idk what you talking about when you deny she's at least as badass as twintelle

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Definitely think a Gen 8 Pokemon is going to be in the second fighters pass. Probably something like Urshifu, to help promote the Expansion Pass (would want Cinderace, but I doubt Cinderace would be playable if we got a Gen 8 rep).

If there is a Gen 8 Pokemon added, I can see it being announced and released on Pokemon Day 2021 (the 25th anniversary of the series). Maybe they could even drop a hint in an earlier direct, like they are doing with ARMS.

In addition, there'd obviously be a Gne 8 stage, as well as Gen 8 music (and music from other main series games and even spin-offs would be nice). Maybe they'd even throw in more Poke Ball Pokemon for Gen 8, but I have doubts about that.

toonito

Smash Ace
View attachment 267512
wouldn't even buy the pass tbh

on another note

we have pokemon that fight and a trainer who switches playable pokemon what would you all think if the next pokemon rep was a playable trainer? the trainer fights other characters with minimal or no pokemon

D

Deleted member

Y'all are not ready for if Spring Man gets promoted. When the Assist Trophy era of DLC speculation begins, I will consume everything.

EVERYTHING

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Definitely think a Gen 8 Pokemon is going to be in the second fighters pass. Probably something like Urshifu, to help promote the Expansion Pass (would want Cinderace, but I doubt Cinderace would be playable if we got a Gen 8 rep).

If there is a Gen 8 Pokemon added, I can see it being announced and released on Pokemon Day 2021 (the 25th anniversary of the series). Maybe they could even drop a hint in an earlier direct, like they are doing with ARMS.

In addition, there'd obviously be a Gne 8 stage, as well as Gen 8 music (and music from other main series games and even spin-offs would be nice). Maybe they'd even throw in more Poke Ball Pokemon for Gen 8, but I have doubts about that.
Gen 7 outdated
Gen 8 overrated
long have we waited
Gen 4 remade-d

I tried

btw replace all fire emeblem characters with Shining Force and Langrisser characters
Not until we get Black Knight/Death Knight

unless of course Bamco plays nice and given us Nightmare, Artorias, or Soul of Cinder

wouldn't even buy the pass tbh

on another note

we have pokemon that fight and a trainer who switches playable pokemon what would you all think if the next pokemon rep was a playable trainer? the trainer fights other characters with minimal or no pokemon
CYNTHIA

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The Gen 8 Pokemon rep should be...

A Charizard only echo of Pokemon Trainer whose Final Smash is his Gigantamax form.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So um.....Adeleine and New Horizons Tom Nook's...really lookin' good for 1st party characters. And Splatoon 3-I mean...Ninjala could be a good addition since we got both Splatoon AND ARMS. Probably too soon, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Just to clarify, Ninjala is not first party. Still looks really cool though.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
View attachment 267512
Master Mummy: Wrong beefy ARMS character.
Porky: I guess people want him.
Dark Link: Holy hell a new Zelda character!
Dark Meta Knight: Let's go a Kirby character that isn't from a Sakurai game is getting in!
Mike Jones: Startropics exists, I guess.
Sylux: Metroid Prime 4 getting a character? That would mean the game itself would be coming out by 2021!
Overall, 8/10 hate.

Decided to do a pass with the same mentality. Here it is.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Wait, was there some kind of rumor about this already?
No, but with GF's attitude towards Charizard lately (i.e. shove him into the spotlight of everything, even at the cost of the new Pokemon, while shafting the other kanto starters), it unironically isn't hard to imagine them pushing for another playable version of Charizard if they get another character in the game.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm a simple person. I see lists that contain Rex, I lament the fact that there is no dislike button Elma, I click like.

Decided to do a pass with the same mentality. Here it is.
I wouldn't mind that, actually. Lora and Jin are a nice choice, too.
Though I question how the video game Breath of the Wild itself is gonna work as a character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom