• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There’s also the fact that Cloud & Joker don’t come with any content from the Nintendo games they’ve appeared in. If that was such a big deal, then Cloud & Joker could’ve brought along atleast one song from those games.
There weren't any Complilation of FFVII titles on a Nintendo console until VII's Switch release so what would you expect to get from Cloud's Nintendo appearances? The summons on Midgar have all appeared in Nintendo games with the exception of Bahamut Zero but they're recurring summons anyway. The music tracks we got appear in the Theathrhythm games but they're straight rips either way.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Not discounting the possibility but only 1/4 of Hero had a new game on Switch and they promoted that to hell and back.

I feel like if Scramble played a significant role in Joker's addition (which I doubt) they would a least namedropped it somewhere.
A spin-off sequel that didn't release in Japan until over a year after Joker's reveal and still has no release date in the West.
Heck it wasn't even revealed properly until after Joker's showcase.

I'm not seeing the promotion beyond Ultimate save data unlocking music in Scramble which isn't really all that much.
I feel like Byleth being finalized half a year before 3H even came out kind of implies Nintendo was at the very least aware of future products that would utilize Joker. It did begin development in 2016 after all, and even had a teaser right around the time Ultimate released.

Not saying this is what happened, just that it's an argument to be made surrounding Joker's inclusion.

D

Deleted member

ZhugeEX shoots down that Lego/Nintendo Direct rumor:

It must've really been an error on the editor's part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I think we will. Nintendo will want to further push the sales of Pokémon SWSH and the forthcoming DLC.
Would they want to push the sales of the fastest Switch title? They're more likely to do it to a series that doesn't sell as well. Fire Emblem has shown that with Corrin and Byleth.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Would they want to push the sales of the fastest Switch title? They're more likely to do it to a series that doesn't sell as well. Fire Emblem has shown that with Corrin and Byleth.
they might want to make sure the DLC sells well, this is untested water for TPC. Or they could promote a spin off like Mystery Dungeon

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
True. It could go either way though honestly. They could use DLC for Smash to boost sales of another franchise that isn’t as lucrative, or they could ensure the sale of DLC through promotion or showcase of popular franchise.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Lack of direct news is getting tiresome.

So many games people are looking forward to that have been announced awhile back, and nothing for so long.

Half a year with no Direct is not a good thing Nintendo... Not sure what they're thinking over there.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Good thing this board isn't full of Valve or Blizzard fans.

You guys would go insane if you had to deal with THOSE lack of updates. Plus, you know, your favourite game developer slowly becoming another AAA garbage company. (Not salty at all....no sir)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This direct drought is nothing.
I’m personally still waiting for Sunset Riders to end up on Game Room.
Going on 10 years and nothing so far.

As for the current strategy of promoting one game, I don’t know if it’s wise, but it worked in the past so it will probably work now.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

You guys would go insane if you had to deal with THOSE lack of updates. Plus, you know, your favourite game developer slowly becoming another AAA garbage company. (Not salty at all....no sir)
It's full of Metroid, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, and Mother fans bro...

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
ZhugeEX shoots down that Lego/Nintendo Direct rumor:

It must've really been an error on the editor's part.
Kinda figured it was a mistake. Looks like we'll have to wait longer for a Direct announcement. It was still quite odd that "direct" was on the page before it got changed.
It's full of Metroid, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, and Mother fans bro...
I'm still waiting on an announcement for a new F-Zero game, which is a far longer drought than 6 months without a Nintendo Direct.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Really? Then explain the sudden taste of salt I had while reading this.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, looks like there isn't a spirit event this week, since there is a Japan-only online tournament this weekend. Spirit/tournament events are usually announced on 7pm CST on Tuesdays, and nothing was announced at 7pm tonight. Which means we won't have any deaths by spirit event this week.
Still predicting the 26th of March. Announced on the 24th.
General Nintendo Directs are usually announced the day before.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I recall they're normally announced on an Tuesday before airing on an Thursday.
Not traditionally. That's happened like 3 or so times, mostly for game specific Directs, but usually it's the day Directly before...

Haha

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, looks like there isn't a spirit event this week, since there is a Japan-only online tournament this weekend. Spirit/tournament events are usually announced on 7pm CST on Tuesdays, and nothing was announced at 7pm tonight. Which means we won't have any deaths by spirit event this week.

General Nintendo Directs are usually announced the day before.
Nooooooo. Now where will I drink my salty tears?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah, looks like there isn't a spirit event this week, since there is a Japan-only online tournament this weekend. Spirit/tournament events are usually announced on 7pm CST on Tuesdays,
the japanese twitter always reveals them first and it's in an half an hours time, being 12:30 GMT right now

1583886730730.png

i think it's possible the japanese tournament will take precedence but it's always at 1am GMT on the japanese twitter

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Daylight Savings change the time though? The Warframe was announced at 7 CST, but I think if we're getting one, it would be at 8 CST (so in like 25 minutes) since DST started

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that Daylight Savings happened over the weekend and since America is seemingly the only country to do this we're probably in for an announcement 20 minutes from now.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
At least this lack of direct news and new games on switch has given me the right amount of time to revisit games I enjoy. That's a plus.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Daylight Savings change the time though? The Warframe was announced at 7 CST, but I think if we're getting one, it would be at 8 CST (so in like 25 minutes) since DST started
Friendly reminder that Daylight Savings happened over the weekend and since America is seemingly the only country to do this we're probably in for an announcement 20 minutes from now.
Oh, I never really took Daylight Savings time in account. A mistake on my part. Looks like we'll see something less than 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom