• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh, if we're including the base roster when talking about our most wanted, :ultridley:and:ultdarksamus: were at the very top of my list and both were revealed to be in the game so soon, too. :D

Tora_Toad

Smash Rookie
Nah FP11 could be Master Chief or Kratos and some people would still complain for X reasons. No matter who FP11 is, some fans will be salty and angry when FP11 is revealed and he or she isn't their most wanted.
That's true. but you need to keep the salt to a minimum. I think a character not too hype and not too hated would be good. A character like Master chief is hated by many to get in the game, and loved by many. A character like Bandanna dee would be good because he is a nintendo character that is little hated, and a fair amount of people want him in. More characters like Rex, Sora, Rayman and Captain Toad (bit of a stretch) would be good FP11 Characters in my opinion.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
That's true. but you need to keep the salt to a minimum. I think a character not too hype and not too hated would be good. A character like Master chief is hated by many to get in the game, and loved by many. A character like Bandanna dee would be good because he is a nintendo character that is little hated, and a fair amount of people want him in. More characters like Rex, Sora, Rayman and Captain Toad (bit of a stretch) would be good FP11 Characters in my opinion.
Rex closing out FP2 would make a few people here absolutely livid.

...I'm down for it lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looking at which characters will bring the least amount of salt is not a good way to predict newcomers. Like, people hated Terry for being too niche, Hero for being too Japanese, Byleth for being Fire Emblem and even Joker for not being Nintendo/big enough.

I wouldn't expect too many core fanbase pleasers ala Banjo in FP2.

Last edited:

Tora_Toad

Smash Rookie
I don't think looking at which characters will bring the least amount of salt is a good way to predict newcomers. Like, people hated Terry for being too niche, Hero for not being too Japanese, Byleth for being Fire Emblem and even Joker for not being Nintendo/big enough.

Thank you for your response, I still think a character that isn't truly hated would be the best for FP11, (Bandanna Dee > Master Chief). I love your opinion and I was salty too when I saw Terry get in Smash. My theory for Terry is Sakurai is a gay lover of the maker of Terry, and that's why he got in the game. Thank you, I would love to continue the conversation :D

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think looking at which characters will bring the least amount of salt is a good way to predict newcomers. Like, people hated Terry for being too niche, Hero for not being too Japanese, Byleth for being Fire Emblem and even Joker for not being Nintendo/big enough.

I'm suddenly remembering the guy whining about how unfair it was that Terry got more content than Banjo
Hmmm.

Sol Badguy's weapon is called 'Fire Seal'.

Back when letters were sealed with wax, the wax seal was often stamped with the emblem of the person who wrote it, therefore a seal is an emblem.

Sol Badguy is a Fire Emblem rep confirmed.
*inhales deeply*

TIME TO REALIIIIIIZE
I DUN WANNA HEARYOURWORDS AAAANYNOOORE

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If the next FE game turns out to be that rumored FE6/FE7 remake, Lyn could still fit the bill.
FE6/7 remake was rumoured for 3DS and canceled, I said Ike because the latest "rumour" is Path of Radiance remake for the Switch as the next FE game. I guess some Smash fans would like that to happen because we already have Ike in Smash lol

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
As long as I get at least one of my most wanted for DLC I’ll be happy. Thing is I haven’t gotten any of em yet
I've got 2 so far. Simon in base, and Hero in FP1.

I'll be happy as long as I get one more in FP2. C'moooon Hayabusa!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thank you for your response, I still think a character that isn't truly hated would be the best for FP11, (Bandanna Dee < Master Chief).
I don't think anyone in the first pass was truly hated, despite what people who dislike FE say. All of them had a respectable amount of supporters/fans.

My theory for Terry is Sakurai is a gay lover of the maker of Terry, and that's why he got in the game.
I sincerely hope that this is not you being serious and just an extremely bad joke.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thank you for your response, I still think a character that isn't truly hated would be the best for FP11, (Bandanna Dee > Master Chief). I love your opinion and I was salty too when I saw Terry get in Smash. My theory for Terry is Sakurai is a gay lover of the maker of Terry, and that's why he got in the game. Thank you, I would love to continue the conversation :D
Uh... Chief? This ain’t it...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What the **** did I just read?

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
FE6/7 remake was rumoured for 3DS and canceled, I said Ike because the latest "rumour" is Path of Radiance remake for the Switch as the next FE game. I guess some Smash fans would like that to happen because we already have Ike in Smash lol
Oh, man.
You get bet if I want any remake to happen (and subsequently get a rep in smash), it's Gen IV.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm not sure why they are delaying it either. :/ speaking of Smash DLC, Pokemon trainer was a big character for ultimate, and everyone enjoyed playing him/her. A pokemon trainer style Xenoblade chronicles 2 character would be amazing and such a fan pleaser. Im thinking Rex and pyra to start, and the two other characters could be Tora and Nia (with Poppi and Dromarch). swapping through them would be with down B, and for the final smash all characters join in like Vandham Morag and Zeke. I think everyone who played Xblade C 2 would love that Character. Might be a little overpowered but that's okay, and maybe even swap through blades (Tora gets Pyra), but Thats a real stretch.
That would be a super cool option and honestly pokemon trailer is the only stance changer we got in the game and would love to see more like that

KillerCage

Smash Master
As for this pass, i think its safe to assume 1 or 2 characters will be first party and could be seen as promotional. I really think Rex and pyra still have a chance only because it seemed Sakurai really, REALLY wanted to put them in the game but couldn't. It could be viewed as a tie in for the remake of the first game, especially if they add a bonus fight vs rex and pyra, or pyra and mythra somehow. You know i am still not sure where timeline wise XB1 and 2 are....

The other promotion pick we may get can be a number of different things. People are expecting a pokemon and if we get 1 i would love Zacian, as she is a Quadrupedal pokemon and we have so few characters like that, and she could be super interesting with her playstyle. Other picks could be a prime 4 rep with Sylux, a paper mario rep with paper Mario, or even someone from the new zelda game.

The other 4 i think will be 3rd party. At least 2 will be spirit upgrades, Geno and shantae. Geno because of the fan demand, same with shantae but also because she is the biggest indie character avalible still save for reimu. I love reimu and want her in but her biggest hurdle is her recognition in the west. Its better then how people here rated her recently, but still in issue.

Crash i feel is a shoe in or very likely, due to his history woth nintendo and could make a huge splash.

The last one i dont know and can go anyway. My want would be Reimu. Other likely choices though are doomguy, ryu, a bandai rep, or rayman.
I think the chances of another Nintendo character in Smash are very low.
I got the impression that Fighters' Pass 2 is going to follow in the footsteps of Fighters' Pass 1.
We will most likely getting all third-party characters, so of which are from companies already represented in Smash.
What did I just hear?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
......excuse me, what?

......how does one think of this? how does one reach this conclusion?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Going from "I was salty about Terry" to "I think Terry got in because Sakurai is gay for his creator" in the next sentence is pretty ****ing yikes

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Going from "I was salty about Terry" to "I think Terry got in because Sakurai is gay for his creator" in the next sentence is pretty ****ing yikes
Agreed.

At least have a proper buildup to that ****. Like, gah damn dude.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, Byleth was one of my most wanted characters so Blame Gays for Newcomers You're Salty at Theory is not without merits.

If we end up getting Hatsuke Miku in Smash, you know who to hold responsible for.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Supreme bait.
Dee > Chief?
A gay love affair?
Salty at Terry?

please

Tora_Toad

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Agreed.

At least have a proper buildup to that ****. Like, gah damn dude.
Wow. I did not know how many people would respond to my post. I just said that because of how far of a shot I thought Terry had and how not a lot of people knew who he was. I don't think Sakurai is gay for the maker of Terry, and it was just a joke. I'm sorry. But my theory for Toad not being in the game is Sakurai was going to put captain toad in the game, and when he was about to press publish, His gay lover Chuck called him saying he was in the hospital and needed assistance. Sakurai rushed over to the hospital, and a Nintendo employee was just fired walking out of the building. He was so mad at being fired, so on his way out, he snuck over to Sakurais computer and he changed captain Toad to Piranha Plant just to mess with Sakurai and Nintendo. When Sakurai got back he thought it was enough Mario characters and to just leave it as it is.

D

Deleted member

i hate it here

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wow. I did not know how many people would respond to my post. I just said that because of how far of a shot I thought Terry had and how not a lot of people knew who he was. I don't think Sakurai is gay for the maker of Terry, and it was just a joke. I'm sorry. But my theory for Toad not being in the game is Sakurai was going to put captain toad in the game, and when he was about to press publish, His gay lover Chuck called him saying he was in the hospital and needed assistance. Sakurai rushed over to the hospital, and a Nintendo employee was just fired walking out of the building. He was so mad at being fired, so on his way out, he snuck over to Sakurais computer and he changed captain Toad to Piranha Plant just to mess with Sakurai and Nintendo. When Sakurai got back he thought it was enough Mario characters and to just leave it as it is.
... I have nothing to say except

can you please freaking not?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Now this is a theory I can get behind!
LOLRANDOM humor isn't very funny, btw

Calamitas

Smash Champion
As long as I get at least one of my most wanted for DLC I’ll be happy. Thing is I haven’t gotten any of em yet
Yeah, same here. At least I got Byleth, who I wanted. . . at some point down the line. And Inkling on the base roster, so that's something.

I like how the yikes comment was made by someone who has an inctedibly yikes character as their avi, it's poetry
But what's wrong with interspecies maid fetish pervert? Who could ever forget his deep and thought-provoking quotes, like "meh-meh-meh"? Or that time when he got a waifu shirt outfit for DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom