• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Isn't Dante hardly deconfirmed?
Also, don't we have enough retro NES characters?
It could just be NDA's. I definitely think he still has a chance. His franchise is big enough and important enough for him to get in. However, Resident Evil definitely has priority. I lean heavily on it, and while I'm very uncertain of who they'd pick between Leon or Jill, I slightly lean Jill due to the lack of female characters this DLC (not counting Kazooie).

As for Ryu Hayabusa, he's basically the last big 80s gaming icon not yet in Smash. His games haven't actually sold all that well though compared to all the other franchises (besides Bayonetta and Banjo-Kazooie), despite that, Ninja Gaiden and Ryu Hayabusa are still big names in gaming. I would probably rank him last in terms of likelihood of the five though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That All-Star Glitch that happened when Joker came out. The one where if you played All-Star with certain characters on a certain SD card, the game would stop loading characters, crash and delete your save file.

The theory I remember reading was that because they happened with the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt, it was because those characters were being used as bases for DLC. With the reveal of the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie, I think this theory should be revisited. What other characters had the All-Star mode Glitch occur with?
Nobody as far as I know. It's not an easy glitch to replicate and requires a faulty game card.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That All-Star Glitch that happened when Joker came out. The one where if you played All-Star with certain characters on a certain SD card, the game would stop loading characters, crash and delete your save file.

The theory I remember reading was that because they happened with the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt, it was because those characters were being used as bases for DLC. With the reveal of the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie, I think this theory should be revisited. What other characters had the All-Star mode Glitch occur with?
The only other character reported was Piranha Plant, which they seem to have used Bowser Jr. as a base for.

andree123

Smash Ace
:ultpiranha: caused a similar glitch to , otherwise there is nothing else that other characters that causes a all-star mode save data corruption.
The Hero most likely used :ultlink: as a base (they shared moves like a dash attack), :ultswordfighter: maybe belongs to Lloyd as he was one of the characters that was cut at launch and also his moves (Tempest, Sonic Thrust and Sword Rain) are similar to :ultswordfighter:'s moves (Airborne Assault, Power Thrust and Blurring Blade).

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Jin and Kazuya are more likely than Heihachi, considering the direction Tekken has taken lately and the fact that both have the devil powers to raw moveset inspiration. Plus, look at the Bandai Namco logo.

Sure, Heihachi was considered for Smash 4, but it was before Tekken 7. Maybe things are different now? *shrug*

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He might been chosen before Metroid Prime 4 was delayed and he might be added in one of the updates but I hope that he will be a fighter.
You should hope that he will be a fighter that represents the MP4 that we actually get our hands on, and not shoved in ASAP because no spirit or to add another Metroid rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it was just Piranha Plant, Mii Swordfighter, and Duck Hunt.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Heihachi being the Bandai Namco rep makes a lot of sense. But it would also be the first case of a Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale character getting into Smash. And the list of characters that could isn't very long.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
What could a RE character bring to the table? I have never really played the games but I watched a friend play it but... well all i remember is some guy walking slow who shoots zombies (RE4) xD I like the idea though, just cannot imagine how they would play.

Also, could anyone tell me what the Mii costume theory is? I cannot seem to find it :(

StormC

Smash Hero
What could a RE character bring to the table? I have never really played the games but I watched a friend play it but... well all i remember is some guy walking slow who shoots zombies (RE4) xD I like the idea though, just cannot imagine how they would play.

Also, could anyone tell me what the Mii costume theory is? I cannot seem to find it :(
I think a big thing with Resident Evil is resource management, especially in the original games. Every piece of ammo and health you have is precious and you can only store so much on your person. So they could do something really cool where you have to balance your ammo carefully. And with Joker showing realistic guns are fine, I think they could be distinctive in that regard (though I wouldn't expect anything above a pistol).

And they could always go the silly route like Jill summoning zombies in MVC2:

The Mii costume theory is that the final two characters are from Namco and Capcom, and they will bring the remaining Namco/Capcom costumes with them from Smash 4, much like Joker did with Sega costumes (with a couple of cuts).

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It is silly to think that Sakurai chose the DLC characters based on what companies got Mii Fighter costumes last time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It is silly to think that Sakurai chose the DLC characters based on what companies got Mii Fighter costumes last time.
The idea we'd get the costumes based upon the companies they go with is a bit less silly. By that, I mean they'll release most costumes along with the company character that happens to already be there. But that's just common sense, not anything special.

But yeah, the Mii Costume theory feels like a stretch to me.

StormC

Smash Hero
That isn't really the theory. It's more to do with how they are choosing to pace out the releases. I just think it makes sense to choose from Namco and Capcom when they're already signed onto the game; the only new company added to Smash 4 DLC was Square.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The idea we'd get the costumes based upon the companies they go with is a bit less silly. By that, I mean they'll release most costumes along with the company character that happens to already be there. But that's just common sense, not anything special.

But yeah, the Mii Costume theory feels like a stretch to me.
Especially considering that the Mii Costume theory means that Sakurai specifically reserved 4 of the DLC slots for characters from Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, and Namco Bandai, leaving only one slot open for a new company (which is BK).
That isn't really the theory. It's more to do with how they are choosing to pace out the releases. I just think it makes sense to choose from Namco and Capcom when they're already signed onto the game; the only new company added to Smash 4 DLC was Square.
Sakurai can always go to new companies to offer characters. We know already that Bethesda was asked about Smash.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Checking out fan ballot results to predict the next characters as Banjo seems to indicate that fan demand is still a huge factor even though Nintendo is selecting the characters/ properties. I took a look at many polls on Google Images from the ballot and after to judge popularity. I hope this may come as helpful to some.

Narrowing it down here are the cuts (Skip blue to see unused characters)

Nintendo Characters (Based on assumption that it’s all 3rd party + Spirits and Assists)
1) Bandana Dee, probably the most popular Nintendo fighter to not be in ranking around 3-4 in placement on pretty much all polls, unlike everyone else. He was also #1 in Japan.

2) Isaac - Is sometimes above BD in polls, but isn’t always present like BD, giving BD more consistency over Isaac and making him the more popular from my point of view. Ultimately, Isaac and BD are pretty tied and I feel it could go either way, it’s just BD being a more reoccurring force that gives him an edge.

3) Skull Kid - Fluctuates between high popularity (2nd) and not even being present. I think 3rd seems fitting.

4) Dixie Kong - Has a decent amount of popularity that lands her a pretty consistent lower spot on most polls. Typically a 7-8.

5) Paper Mario - Inconsitent showings, but has more spurts of being high ranking than most. He is typically a 4-5, if he appears.

6) Krystal - Has been #2 before, or else just complete no show. Many polls lack any inclusion of her whatsoever or she is really low

3rd Party Decomfirmations (Spirits / Assists)
1) Geno - Typically on most lists and fairly high ranging from a 2-6.

2) Shantae - Lacks a bit of consistency being left off lists with Geno, but has ranged from being higher than him by like one placement, to being lower than him by 3.

3) Rayman - Shows up in pretty decent ranges and was once higher than Shantae, but has been left off some relatively big lists. I place him 3rd because he shows up more and higher than most.

Sporadic Popularity: Shovel Knight and Wonder Red, they showed up on like one list out of the ones I looked at?

If you still believe these characters have a chance, I’d say that these rankings could help in seeing who the most popular picks are that they’d choose them.

As for the popular and not killed 3rd party, here are my judgments on the results

1) Sora - was #1 twice on my search and was typically labeled higher than any of the remaining 3rd party

2) Jibanyan - A decently high character all things considered and was big on Japanese ballots.

3) Crash - Very big on most ballots, but is typically behind Sora, though one of the biggest ballot results charts didn’t include him unlike Jibanyan.

4) Pheonix Wright - Getting into inconsistent territory, when Pheonix drops he usually takes up a 7-15, weird but does put him above many.

5) Steve / Doom Slayer - These two had huge popularity boosts in modern polls placing Steve 3rd in one and Doom Slayer with a consistent 12 spot.

6) Layton / Puyo Puyo character (Arle) / Freddy Fazbear / Sans - All of these characters have taken up the lower spots of ballots or have been mentioned for big requested characters. None are really that big in comparison to any of the top, but I feel that they should be mentioned as Arle was #2 on a Japanese poll I found, Freddy is the subject of a few YouTube videoes, and Layton and Sans can be seen as lower rankings on polls.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Heres a crazy idea, if Bandai Namco get a second rep. What if they choose Sophitia from Soul Calibur?

Now before you start saying thats crazy, they would choose Nightmare over her. Sophitia has already been in a crossover with another company. She was in Warriors Orochi 3 which was made by Koei Tecmo, and she was the only Bandai Namco character in the game. While I don't think she's the most interesting character, she may have a shot.

Attachments

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Chris, Jill and Leon are mostly a bunch of gun, knife and heavy weapon users it's true....but if you ever wanted a character that relates more to the various zombie viruses...

ALBERT WESKER. The main antagonist for the first five(ish) games basically has Matrix style bullet time, teleports around and eventually becomes an eldritch abomination. He's also pretty entertainingly hammy and puts the Evil in Resident Evil. This is one of the few times I'd be okay with the antagonist getting in over the protagonists but I do adore Chris and Jill's earnestness and Leon's ridiculousness.

...actually I've got to double dip for Resident Evil 5 when it comes out now I talk about it. Between Chris punching boulders, his oversized minigun exclusive weapon and Wesker's gloriously cheesy performance there was some really great parts of that game.

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
I think Jill and Leon should get in, in a Simon/Richter-type situation. There's a lot of moveset potential, though it depends on whether they want to include resource management as a gimmick or not.

D

Deleted member

Heres a crazy idea, if Bandai Namco get a second rep, what if they choose Sophitia from Soul Calibur?

Now before you start saying thats crazy, they would choose Nightmare over her. Sophitia has already been in a crossover with another company. She was in Warriors Orochi 3 which was made by Koei Tecmo, and she was the only Bandai Namco character in the game. While I don't think she's the most interesting character, she may have a shot.
I'd find Sophitia quite an out there Soulcalibur pick for Smash, given that her outfit might be too revealing for Nintendo to consider.

It doesn't mean it won't make sense however. She has been in all of the mainline Soulcalibur games all the way back to Soul Edge alongside Mitsurugi, Voldo, Cervantes, and Siegfried/Nightmare.

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
I think Sophitia's main competition is Tekken and Tales. If they did go with a SoulCalibur character for some reason, I could totally see it happening.

I think the "best" choice here would be Yoshimitsu, because he represents both Tekken and SoulCalibur, has a unique moveset, and tons of alt-costume potential. But he's a supporting character in both series, so I don't see it happening.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I'd find Sophitia quite an out there Soulcalibur pick for Smash, given that her outfit might be too revealing for Nintendo to consider.

It doesn't mean it won't make sense however. She has been in all of the mainline Soulcalibur games all the way back to Soul Edge alongside Mitsurugi, Voldo, Cervantes, and Siegfried/Nightmare.
Agree I knew it was a long shot choice, but just thought I would mention it. Unless they somehow changed her outfit.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not sure worth talking and still likely fake but

Thought I would bring this back

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/Joker Smash/type/op/end/2018-12-06/

Well now it has 2 or 3 correct

Joker correct

Banjo is correct

While the square wasn’t pointed correct it wasn’t confirmed if it was Chrono or not to whoever.

So Edelgard and Sylux perhaps it would fit a list like smash 4 was
That leak's so generic and unwilling to take chances it could have been made by anyone slightly familiar with Smash speculation.

D

Deleted member

I presume you mean besides having Fireball and Firebane(A.K.A. Hurt and Hurtmore).

I also noticed that the spells are far more of a small set akin to a Red Mage, not one focused on any particular thing. Just your typical "all around Hero". I feel like DQ1 is more of a unique situation, as the Hero Class is more focused on something specific in each game, but I never played any main game besides 1 and 2, so I could be vastly misinformed here.

I also wonder if the DQ1 Hero doesn't have the right proportions. Could you(in spoilers) show a picture of Luminary and Erdrick's Descent side by side? Cause I think this could be part of why).
The hero class from the first game lacks a lot of skills that heroes learn by default in following entries. The appearance of Erdrick gave the hero a focus on the use of lightning with their attacks that other classes dont really have access and by 4 its kinda like a magic knight due to being able to imbue their weapons with magic to perform certain attacks.

Plus the another issue with the hero of the first game would be that he is the only one with an armor.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune

Joker correct

Banjo is correct

While the square wasn’t pointed correct it wasn’t confirmed if it was Chrono or not to whoever.

There is the possibility we aren't getting more 3rd party as DLC and this leak turns out to be true.
While that leak may be just a lucky guess, it can also be totally legit, the part of SE is the most suspicious and what gives a bit more credibility IMO, because Crono and Neku were most likely used as leakbait, just like SE does (Or something like that I've seen people talk about SE and their "opinion" on leaks).
That last statement probably debunks the leak by itself, but I'd funny if this turns out to be true.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That leak's so generic and unwilling to take chances it could have been made by anyone slightly familiar with Smash speculation.
It's like someone couldn't decide between "Edelgard and Gen 8 HAVE to get in because paranoia about these franchises" or "Sylux and Porky HAVE to get in because no spirits" and just compromised.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I'm in the pessimistic mood and that (god I hope its fake) leak still holds, and from our experience with Smash 4, an end like that to the DLC lineup wouldn't be surprising at all.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I do not buy costume theory because that implies Namco gets something and I want Pac Man to live cold and alone by himself while everyone else has at least one roommate. jk

For real tho while Costume theory is promising I do not want to just go whole hog onto it. I feel that while the pool of likely characters in my eyes is very small (Crash, Doomguy, Sans, Reimu, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, Lloyd Irving, Chosen Undead) unless they decide hey lets do echo fighter dlc or extra stuff outside the pass, I feel it is honestly awkward to assume that just because we basically can tell they will be DLC as costumes it does not mean we will get the characters with em.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
There is the possibility we aren't getting more 3rd party as DLC and this leak turns out to be true.
While that leak may be just a lucky guess, it can also be totally legit, the part of SE is the most suspicious and what gives a bit more credibility IMO, because Crono and Neku were most likely used as leakbait, just like SE does (Or something like that I've seen people talk about SE and their "opinion" on leaks).
That last statement probably debunks the leak by itself, but I'd funny if this turns out to be true.
The problem with that theory is that Erdrick (and by extension, Luminary) was leaked thanks to the list Vergeben was given. So it's not really possible for that to be the case.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Something interesting crossed my mind earlier. I recalled Vergeben first saying that a Square Enix rep would be in the game back around September or possibly even earlier? That was the one character Vergeben was maintaining pre launch that didn't make it into the base game however he did begin theorizing about the square character being DLC even before the final smash direct. The reason I bring this up is knowing when Vergeben first brought up a Square character getting into Smash may give us a decent indication as to how early the fighter pass characters were decided upon.

Edit: Did some digging and I traced it back to August, though I'm still not sure of the exact date:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76928398?page=9

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Something interesting crossed my mind earlier. I recalled Vergeben first saying that a Square Enix rep would be in the game back around September or possibly even earlier? That was the one character Vergeben was maintaining pre launch that didn't make it into the base game however he did begin theorizing about the square character being DLC even before the final smash direct. The reason I bring this up is knowing when Vergeben first brought up a Square character getting into Smash may give us a decent indication as to how early the fighter pass characters were decided upon.

Edit: Did some digging and I traced it back to August, though I'm still not sure of the exact date:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76928398?page=9
It's August 22nd. Just scroll the mouse in the "9 months ago" part.

Some theorize that Hero was meant to be a base roster character, but the Pass being decided early on could be just as likely.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Minecraft Content was also leaked back in May along with Snake by Verge. So if that’s true Microsoft discussions happened all the way back then. So they must’ve had Hero and Banjo on their mind as DLC that early.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Joker correct

Banjo is correct

This is an interesting "leak"...
Well, it could be fake, but it still has a bit of credibility.

The person says that the Square rep is not sure, and that the Microsoft rep is likely Banjo but still not sure. Though it seems to be very specific about the Sega rep being from Atlus, and the source claimed it was Joker specifically.
This brings additional credibility IMO, because Joker was the first DLC, the one they started working first, it makes sense that it was the one with the most specific informations avaliable.
I remember that time ago Vergeben (who has been 99% correct about everything Smash-related so far) had a list of possible Square reps and not a specific name, so I believe the confusion about the Square character is totally credible.

About the Nintendo characters... they're possible...
None of them have a spirit, which would confirm the spirits theory, and both of them would promote an upcoming game.
The thing is, Metroid Prime 4 has been delayed and the development was restarted from scratch, I doubt we'll see anything of Metroid Prime 4 until at least next year's E3... so I think it's possible that Sylux has been replaced with someone else.

The thing about the incomplete models... well, it may be a lie, or the leaker had that video for real and simply didn't show it... though since the leaker was uncertain about all the 3rd party characters (even Joker, it said "my source claims" but the leaker didn't know himself/herself), I assume that the incomplete models were of Edelgard and Sylux only.

If all of this turns out to be true, it would bring a reason to why the "missing spirits" are missing, and it would also bring me some hope for a character I want who is also another missing spirit (but I think it's possible only if a new game with that character is announced in the next Direct, that's probably in september... a very lucky combination of events is needed but there's a small chance).

Overall, this "leak" has still little chances of being true, it's interesting enough but I don't fully trust it yet... let's wait for what Vergeben has to say on the subject (it may take a while).

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I do not buy costume theory because that implies Namco gets something and I want Pac Man to live cold and alone by himself while everyone else has at least one roommate. jk

For real tho while Costume theory is promising I do not want to just go whole hog onto it. I feel that while the pool of likely characters in my eyes is very small (Crash, Doomguy, Sans, Reimu, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, Lloyd Irving, Chosen Undead) unless they decide hey lets do echo fighter dlc or extra stuff outside the pass, I feel it is honestly awkward to assume that just because we basically can tell they will be DLC as costumes it does not mean we will get the characters with em.
You may want to go full hog.... I think I’m going full hog.

First off to catch up with the others, Microsoft has to add mii costumes.

Steve for Brawler
Master Chief for Gunner
Arbiter swordfighter
And conker brawler

Okay... then I get capcom... If I was serious predicting I’d guess Either Resident Evil or Monster Hunter. But I’m going full hog. In this case meaning what I’d want out of costume theory. Well not fully, because then it’d just be M Bison because I like to play as him.

So the new character will be Amaterasu (and a new okami game for switch will be announced)

And because these are the last two rounds of dlc, these companies also get echoes. Ryu gets Akuma as an echo because they can.

Protoman mii costume for gunner
Zero mii costume for swordfighter
Falcon (power stone) costume for brawler (and power stone 1+2 announced for switch)

-

Namco time. Similar to Capcom I am not just going to pick yoshimitsu because I play him in Soul Calibur. Though I admit there’s more of an argument for him than Bison. Namu namu.

Especially because I’m going with a Soul Calibur character. It’s Nightmare with a Siegfried Alt. (And a soulcalibur game for switch that has Link in the roster, even if it’s just a port of 2.)

Pac Man gets a Miss Pac Man Echo

Heihachi Brawler costume
Lloyd Irving Swordfighter costume
Digdug As a gunner costume

-

And Cadence makes it in because Nintendo buys her studio because I am enjoying cadence of hyrule.

Nquoid

Smash Ace

Joker correct

Banjo is correct

Since they seem to be releasing new Spirits for high profile new games, this could get deconfirmed next month when Fire Emblem drops, depending on your opinions on Spirits. Although interesting we're getting Link's Awakening Spirits now rather than in September.

Also both Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime have been delayed past their originally slated releases, Fire Emblem in particular probably would have been the first character if it was ever at all intended to be promotional, since at E3 last year it was still a Q1 release I believe.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Minecraft Content was also leaked back in May along with Snake by Verge. So if that’s true Microsoft discussions happened all the way back then. So they must’ve had Hero and Banjo on their mind as DLC that early.
That's right. I believe at some point Vergeben was asked about what happened to the Minecraft content and he explained or attempted to explain why it was pushed to DLC or something like that. I recall Tansut even weighed in on that discussion so there's already some info to go off of in regards to how early Minecraft content was planned though it's going to take some looking to figure out where all this was said.

Edit: Well I found the Tansut part of this, except I didn't remember it correctly and it was actually another guy, Ryce, from resetera who commented on Verg and the minecraft content. Apparently this Ryce guy has credibility and doubted the legitimacy of the minecraft content from the beginning.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sm...-datamining-has-started-read-op.82583/page-60

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Since they seem to be releasing new Spirits for high profile new games, this could get deconfirmed next month when Fire Emblem drops, depending on your opinions on Spirits. Although interesting we're getting Link's Awakening Spirits now rather than in September.

Also both Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime have been delayed past their originally slated releases, Fire Emblem in particular probably would have been the first character if it was ever at all intended to be promotional, since at E3 last year it was still a Q1 release I believe.
I could see them scrapping Sylux because of the Prime 4 reboot. But I don't think they'd scrap Edelgard for the delay Three Houses has had.

I think we get 1 more Bandai rep and maybe 1 more western rep. Probably Lloyd Irving because, while a sword fighter, he uses 2 swords, so that's unique to Smash. I know Yuri's more popular, but Lloyd has GameCube roots, which might count for something. As for a western rep, it's Crash Bandicoot or Rayman. I'd probably have to go with Crash because he's more relevant overall, and it'd be another shot across the bow of Playstation for not being able to hold onto their legacy characters, since they couldn't even get him for PSASBR.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I think the final 2 characters will be in this list of 5: Phoenix Wright - Doomguy - Crash Bandicoot - Lloyd Irving - Resident Evil rep

I think it will be Phoenix and Doomguy.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Heres a crazy idea, if Bandai Namco get a second rep. What if they choose Sophitia from Soul Calibur?

If there were a SoulCalibur pick, then Sophitia would be my choice.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I think the final 2 characters will be in this list of 5: Phoenix Wright - Doomguy - Crash Bandicoot - Lloyd Irving - Resident Evil rep

I think it will be Phoenix and Doomguy.
I still believe we aren't getting more western characters for now, but who knows, I'd love to see Doomguy in Smash (Crash, not that much, but not against).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom