• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'know, I was kinda expecting to know if Mandy was fake or real today.

Now, I'm not entirely sure. If a hypothetical direct were announced today, what time would it be at?
Probably 12 minutes or an hour otherwise tomorrow is all that remains until MandyCan is proven unreliable.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Now, I'm not entirely sure. If a hypothetical direct were announced today, what time would it be at?
9-10 AM EST usually

?????????????

Smash Master

Traditionally, in about an hour and 10 minutes.

I thought I read something about today being a “Japanese holiday” though, but I never verified that lol

D

Deleted member

can someone fill me on on mandy and why they're living in a can and why we're talking about them

?????????????

Smash Master
can someone fill me on on mandy and why they're living in a can and why we're talking about them
Very short version; Mandy called Byleth as Fighter 5, along with a couple other things.

Now they’re claiming Direct on Wednesday (or announcement for Direct on Wednesday), and that Fighter 6 is Crash.

D

Deleted member

Oh dear...

Just waiting for the hour so I can sleep knowing if the Smashboards' trust factor on this MandyCan is worth dying for.

D

Deleted member

Very short version; Mandy called Byleth as Fighter 5, along with a couple other things.

Now they’re claiming Direct on Wednesday (or announcement for Direct on Wednesday), and that Fighter 6 is Crash.
interesting

a direct announcement today is probably one of the safer predictions out there so i guess we'll truly see if their info is reliable or w/e if crash shows up during the next reveal

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I do think it's really in Nintendo's best interest to reveal the first fighter of Volume 2 sooner rather than later. Like, yes, on paper we just got Byleth and the wait until E3 isn't that long. But my issue is that since Terry was released in November of last year, we've only had a 2 week stretch between learning who Byleth even was and their release before returning right back to general radio silence. I've always championed the idea that a consistent roadmap that keep customers informed who is coming next is the best option for Nintendo/Sakurai, which is obviously just armchair game advertising, but it just sounds like such a good idea. Going from November 2019 to June 2020 with a less than 2 week period of conversation of being able to discuss a new Smash fighter just seems absurdly non communicative even by Nintendo's standards considering how much they've let Smash consistently be up front in the news cycle since Ultimate was first announced.

Also, PushDustIn's translation of Sakurai's Tweet regarding the next Fighter's Pass is that Challenger Pack #6 would take "Some time" to reveal not "a little while" which I see so many people run with. I generally trust PushDustin's translations in that regard, and I would generally conclude that "some time" is a shorter amount of time than "a little while" in terms of just semantics. Maybe A Ayumi Tachibana can comment upon this situation since I know they've pointed out stuff in translations before?

I get it, we're ridiculously spoiled children who have had one of the most convenient hype cycles ever and we should be able to wait, and yes, Nintendo certainly has more than Smash (though I think on average people expecting a 2020 blowout are also being too optimistic ironically after 2019 had so goddamn much packed in and that's why they've kind of pushed Smash and Pokemon DLC as the big things in 2020)... but this is a whiplash inducing pivot to go from constant updates and information to near constant radio silence regarding Smash. People can talk about Joker all they want, but we knew he was coming at least and we also got a major update in Piranha Plant in between Joker's reveal and release, and we also got an update that pointed to 3.0 being a huge update with new modes. Joker's period was not that bad really in retrospect. My big fear is that, yes, we're waiting until E3 2020 and then they're just going to shadow drop that one character and we'll go back to radio silence and that will be indicative of Nintendo drip feeding us additional Smash characters and news.

Also, Nintendo has positioned Fighter's Pass Volume 2 in a big way that would surprise me for it to be so absent from 2020. More Smash DLC was arguably the biggest or second biggest announcement during that September Direct, and like I said, Nintendo seem to be promoting it and Pokemon DLC pretty hard as a couple of their biggest things in 2020.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If MandyCan is wrong, people shouldn't be surprised. It wouldn't be the first time that someone made a private twitter account, posted numerous predictions, deleted the incorrect ones, then made the account public. Nor will it be the last.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It was stupid to expect something today considering there's literally a national holiday going on in Japan.

Come back tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

they're gonna announce the delay of an announcement of upcoming games

i can feel it

Eldrake

Smash Lord
they're gonna announce the delay of an announcement of upcoming games

i can feel it
"We at Nintendo are thrilled to announce that we will be announcing a Nintendo Direct date in two months! Also, the first of Fighter's Pass 2 will be revealed in December."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was stupid to expect something today considering there's literally a national holiday going on in Japan.

Come back tomorrow.
Annnnd there goes MandyCan's credibility.

It was too good to be true. Crash just seems too good to not be an E3 reveal.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Has there been general Nintendo direct announcements in night times?
Idk. I think the Terry and Hero (and maybe Banjo) were announced in the evening but those are smash specific

less than 40 mins... if nothing happens, Mandy better come to the L Office to collect their L

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
less than 40 mins... if nothing happens, Mandy better come to the L Office to collect their L
I would bet more on tomorrow given its an holiday in Japan today. Otherwise its either next week or next month we might see an Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ruh roh

This is one way Mandy can still win as technically it would be tomorrow in Japan at that time

Faso115

Smash Lord
MandyCan: Now how can i Sabi this thing? Guess we are going vague now

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nintendo is taking this a bit too strongly huh?
WHOOPS! Can’t say that on a Christian video game forum!

(seriously though, double entendre much?)

Who is Laurie and how reliable is he?
for what it’s worth he also tweeted these, make of them what you will

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo is taking this a bit too strongly huh?
The leaker broke NDA, which is illegal no matter how you slice it.

That and it's Nintendo, there is a reason the "Nintendo Ninja" memes exist. If they find you reveal information you shouldn't have, you're going to have a bad time.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't normally associate direct announcements until about 3pm (GMT) so 10 ish minutes from now

The old 'has Nintendo of America tweeted anything today' game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom