• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Something terrible would happen if we got another megaman character, and that terrible thing would literally be the community being split in half. If you think Byleth was bad, I’m willing to bet people will hate Smash and Sakurai if we get another Megaman character. The reason being: they would all play incredibly similarly. Say what you want, you know it’s true. Maybe a character like zero would be okay, but if we got X or Bass then I know people would definitely whine about a ‘wasted’ slot. After Byleth, we all know the community gets real toxic after a character they don’t want. And I feel that another Megaman character would last longer than Byleth or Corrin. Only a few people are still really angry about Corrin, most have just realized they can’t do anything about it. But if we got another Megaman character, I definitely think the majority would be angry even after the next game. That’s just my opinion, however. It’s kind of scary to think about. Also, this isn’t hate on Megaman characters and saying they can’t make it into smash. I’m saying the majority of the community will hate it.
Nah.

Capcom fans as a whole are fans of Capcom characters, hence the entire existence of the Versus series. Tron Bonne and MegaMan.EXE (or Bass.EXE) are characters I'd absolutely love. I could make an entire Mega Man pass and still want more.

There are a few people who may only care about one Capcom series over another and that's fine but as a whole most people recognize that the company is packed with legendary characters and true Capcom fans would love to see any and all of them make it in.

Heck, I've even made a collection of hypothetical Capcom, Street Fighter, Mega Man, and DMC passes.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I got a new game for everyone! Let's go!

Who is a potential DLC character that would have a unique mechanic? And what would that be/how would it work?

Mine is Isaac from The Binding of Isaac.

With items on, he can equip up to 3 so he has powerful attacks, and they go away once he is KO'd. With items off, just make his moves stronger to equal out with everyone.

He could have Bunny Hood, Ray Gun, and Tanooki Tail. Downside is that he can't use any moves that require the smash attack button, as they would fire the gun instead.
Sora. His mechanic would be Formchange. He would build meter towards towards a form by landing attacks, but the meter would steadily drain over time forcing him to be aggressive and maintain momentum. The form in question would most likely be 2nd Form, which would enhance his base attacks, and change his smashes to 2nd Form's finishers. 2nd Form would start with the finish command Stun Impact, and each time Sora fills the meter it would upgrade first to Sonic Blade, and finally Ars Arcanum. Using the finish command would end the transformation immediately.

Or Sora could have his newly announced Double Form for dual wielding if they really wanted to differentiate him more.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Something terrible would happen if we got another megaman character, and that terrible thing would literally be the community being split in half. If you think Byleth was bad, I’m willing to bet people will hate Smash and Sakurai if we get another Megaman character. The reason being: they would all play incredibly similarly. Say what you want, you know it’s true. Maybe a character like zero would be okay, but if we got X or Bass then I know people would definitely whine about a ‘wasted’ slot. After Byleth, we all know the community gets real toxic after a character they don’t want. And I feel that another Megaman character would last longer than Byleth or Corrin. Only a few people are still really angry about Corrin, most have just realized they can’t do anything about it. But if we got another Megaman character, I definitely think the majority would be angry even after the next game. That’s just my opinion, however. It’s kind of scary to think about. Also, this isn’t hate on Megaman characters and saying they can’t make it into smash. I’m saying the majority of the community will hate it.
This could be easily resolved by using one of the RPG Megamen. But they are both from dead series.

Sora. His mechanic would be Formchange. He would build meter towards towards a form by landing attacks, but the meter would steadily drain over time forcing him to be aggressive and maintain momentum. The form in question would most likely be 2nd Form, which would enhance his base attacks, and change his smashes to 2nd Form's finishers. 2nd Form would start with the finish command Stun Impact, and each time Sora fills the meter it would upgrade first to Sonic Blade, and finally Ars Arcanum. Using the finish command would end the transformation immediately.

Or Sora could have his newly announced Double Form for dual wielding if they really wanted to differentiate him more.
Add on to this, he could have a wall jump similar to other characters but his could be tied to a bit of flowmotion from the 3DS game. Where you get a special move if you time the wall jumps right.

And use the command deck from Birth by sleep as a nerfed version of Hero's spell menu.

Sora just generally has a ton of potential for a cool moveset.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Random trivia" Sakurai wanted Leif from Thracia 766 first, but Intelligent System convinced him to use Roy.
Isn't that an unconfirmed rumor?

I might be remembering wrong, though.

But yeah, IS did convince him to use Roy regardless. That's definitely confirmed.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I will credit Byleth with this:
He will forever be tied to the day I started learning to count in binary.
It's actually pretty handy. I can count to 64 pretty naturally now. But it's gonna be hell to practice counting to 1023.

Edit: Funny enough, being Fighter 5, 5 is the middle finger and thumb in binary.
I feel like this is a bit too much of a coincidence to not be Sakurai giving us the finger.
I'm more amused at how he went and explained what fire emblem is. Like it's been almost 20 years since Fire Emblem showed up in Smash and people still don't know what it even is.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I'm more amused at how he went and explained what fire emblem is. Like it's been almost 20 years since Fire Emblem showed up in Smash and people still don't know what it even is.
To be fair, I still don't really get Earthbound. I was amused by the Fire Emblem lesson, and more confused by the binary tutorial.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Isn't that an unconfirmed rumor?

I might be remembering wrong, though.

But yeah, IS did convince him to use Roy regardless. That's definitely confirmed.
I¨m fairly certain that has been confirmed (and would make sense concidering T766 is his favorite of them all apparently)... but oh well

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think he was just doing that as a formality since he did it with the others.

I'm sure he'd even do it with Pokemon if a SwSh character got in.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
The ****storm over Byleth is going to last for at least a few months, though. Possibly even after fighter 6 or even 7.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
The ****storm over Byleth is going to last for at least a few months, though. Possibly even after fighter 6 or even 7.
Fighter 11 is announced, the hype is over.

Everyone is relaxed.

Someone waaaaaaay in the back shouts:

"WHY THE F**K IS BYLETH IN SMASH!!??"

The whole crowd goes insane.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
FE is bigger than before, but sales aren't why it continues to get characters. Even outside the big three and the many Mario spinoff franchises (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Luigi's Mansion, etc.) it's still far behind Animal Crossing and Splatoon, two merchandising giants in Japan. And yet, I'd be surprised if either of those franchises make it past three characters by the end of this new decade.

I wouldn't even say FE gets these new characters because of promotional reasons. I'd say FE continues to get characters because it's honestly the easiest franchise to pull newcomers from. You never have to worry about characters feeling "bottom of the barrel" because the barrel has no bottom to begin with. There's a new protagonist every game and you barely have to think when choosing who the newcomer should be, unlike Pokemon.
Alot of people disagreeing with you, but knowing Dante fans, I unironically fell like there would be some angry fans if a second MM rep was annoced

M@R!3

Smash Ace
This could be easily resolved by using one of the RPG Megamen. But they are both from dead series.

Add on to this, he could have a wall jump similar to other characters but his could be tied to a bit of flowmotion from the 3DS game. Where you get a special move if you time the wall jumps right.

And use the command deck from Birth by sleep as a nerfed version of Hero's spell menu.

Sora just generally has a ton of potential for a cool moveset.
I tried not to go overboard. Sora is in a similar situation to Dante. He can't have everything.

As far as a wall jump goes, I would expect that to be an innate trait like most other characters with one. I could see combining it with Air Step as a recovery move. Maybe incorporate a single Flowmotion attack in at the end if you press attack again kind of like Shulk. The trade off would be Air Step would be linear, and attacking would stop Sora's recovery early and make him helpless.

Not sure about a command menu and mp gauge on top of all this.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
FE is bigger than before, but sales aren't why it continues to get characters. Even outside the big three and the many Mario spinoff franchises (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Luigi's Mansion, etc.) it's still far behind Animal Crossing and Splatoon, two merchandising giants in Japan. And yet, I'd be surprised if either of those franchises make it past three characters by the end of this new decade.

I wouldn't even say FE gets these new characters because of promotional reasons. I'd say FE continues to get characters because it's honestly the easiest franchise to pull newcomers from. You never have to worry about characters feeling "bottom of the barrel" because the barrel has no bottom to begin with. There's a new protagonist every game and you barely have to think when choosing who the newcomer should be, unlike Pokemon.
Well, I mean, who would they even use for Splatoon or Animal Crossing Newcomers outside of Octolings as an easy Echo..and I don't know if we'd get another Animal Crossing character since Villager & Isabella being fundamentally the same kind of shows there isn't a lot of moveset potential for characters from that series.

But yeah, Fire Emblem is probably the easiest series to get characters from. They come from a series featuring fighting, have weapons (often with unique gimmicks), and as a rotating roster series, there are always new characters to pull from like you said, its essentially the same as Pokémon which is why getting a new Fire Emblem character is often just as likely as getting a new Pokémon.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Well, I mean, who would they even use for Splatoon or Animal Crossing Newcomers outside of Octolings as an easy Echo..and I don't know if we'd get another Animal Crossing character since Villager & Isabella being fundamentally the same kind of shows there isn't a lot of moveset potential for characters from that series.

But yeah, Fire Emblem is probably the easiest series to get characters from. They come from a series featuring fighting, have weapons (often with unique gimmicks), and as a rotating roster series, there are always new characters to pull from like you said, its essentially the same as Pokémon which is why getting a new Fire Emblem character is often just as likely as getting a new Pokémon.
Exactly, there is so much **** to pull from.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Mega Man got an Echo Fighter, Protoman or Bass would probably make people pretty happy.

And really, for the other Mega Men, they wouldn't play that similarly since most of their special weapons are pretty different, let alone different from what Mega Man's particular kit in his Smash moveset. Or the fact that Mega Man.EXE and Star Force Mega Man are known for having both guns and swords as their main weapons. And their body types being different would make them stick out more.

Nor do I think people would care THAT much because of Ken and Richter. And the fact FE gets **** on more than any other series since it has more characters than Zelda and Donkey Kong. Mega Man getting a 2nd one wouldn't be a big deal for most. Worst case scenario is people fighting over their favorite protagonist not getting picked(say they pick Volnutt, and people wanting MMX or Zero would be disappointed). And maybe a few Sonic fans feeling salty by being left out.

If ****** want to hate on the hypest platformer franchise. That's on them. They couldn't even appreciate Terry Bogard. Not liking Mega Man X, Battle Network, Zero, Starforce OR Legends? Trash taste, you really hate to see it.

Not to mention we have 3 Links and plenty of people jumped for joy for that.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I tried using the template for Fighters Pass predictions, but it didn't work out. Whatever. Instead I'll just use text.

Here it is: My Initial Fighters Pass 2 Predictions
Please note that these are subject to change.

I'm working under the assumption of a limited budget, which would therefore lead to Nintendo working mostly with companies already on board with Smash and mainly taking B and C tier third parties (aside from one or two). We'll also assume these are the last characters, so Sakurai's trying to fill in some blanks.
View attachment 258766
Dante (Devil May Cry)

I sincerely believe that Capcom is getting a DLC rep at some point, and I think if we're getting one it has to be Dante. Given the suspect timing of current series director Hidaki Itsuno saying that if fans want Dante in Smash they should get DMC on Switch and the soon after releases of DMC 1, 2, and 3 (with added features) on Switch, the resurgence of DMC with V achieving critical acclaim (DMC IS BACK) alongside the aforementioned ports, and Dante's surprising uptick in popularity over the span of Fighters Pass 1, I think he'd edge out the Capcom competition. When it comes to gameplay, he could use the popular style change mechanic to change fighting styles on the fly, or just have a ****-ton of moves like he does in MvC3.
View attachment 258762
Lloyd Irving (Tales of)

Say hello to your core fanbase pick. I've written about Lloyd in the past, and the points about him I made back then still hold to this day. I believe the lack of his costume (or any Namco costumes in general) is kind of suspect, and unlike Heihachi he didn't get any references in base, which is even more suspect. Tales of is pretty much the last major JRPG series remaining not in Smash, Lloyd is the Tales of pick according to Sakurai, and Lloyd could bring a lot to the table with chaining arte attacks. His popularity in the core fanbase and likely solid ballot turnout are definitely also factors in his favor.
View attachment 258770
Agnes Oblige (Bravely Default)

This is probably my most out-there prediction, but I believe Square is going to return to Nintendo for more sweet sweet Smash money, and they're going to put forward Bravely Default. Bravely Default is making a comeback with 2 releasing on Switch, so you could consider this somewhat of a "shill-pick" for lack of a better word, as Agnes (or any Bravely character) would be added in part to promote the franchise on Switch (it's still a solidly notable franchise regardless).

Why would Sakurai choose Bravely over other prominent Square Enix characters? One word: moveset. Sakurai is on the record saying that moveset is more important than recognizability, and the job-swapping mechanic so central to the Bravely Default games is oozing fun moveset potential. In 2016 Sakurai spitballed a job-changing moveset in an interview and then stopped himself to remark that "actually, that would be kind of interesting." I'm assuming that Sakurai is working under his eternal assumption that this is pack is the end of Smash Bros., and would therefore be interested in revisiting novel ideas like this. It's a matter of certain variables coming together in a perfect way to get Bravely into Smash.

Before you ask, yes, Geno gets hit up with the deluxe Mii Costume treatment.

OR
View attachment 258785

Nintendo character (**** if I know)
In an alternate world where Smash DLC doesn't double-dip with companies, I'd reserve a spot for an up-and-coming Nintendo IP. I don't know why but I really feel like, if we get another Nintendo rep, it'll be from Monolith's new IP. If there's any game Sakurai would play early to include a character in Smash for, I feel like it'd be the new IP given how much he loves Monolith Soft's work. You could also include Stylist (Style Savvy - my second personal pick), Euden (Dragalia Lost - we're sleeping on him imo), or Ring Fit Trainer (Ring Fit Trainer - I heavily doubt this one since I don't know how she could properly differentiate herself from Wii Fit Trainer) among others (though I personally doubt the latter most). You could also include characters from IPs close to Nintendo, such as Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) or Gran (or any Granblue character) (Granblue Fantasy - we're seriously sleeping on this series imo Nintendo owns 5% of Cygames it'd be so easy and get so much money). Hell, you could even put Geno (Super Mario RPG) here I guess.

This is pretty much just a flex spot since I don't ****in' know who it'll be, just that it'll be a really easy character to get.
View attachment 258779
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)

I feel like Arle would've been next in line as a Sega rep if only they hadn't bought Atlus. She actually placed decently in the Ballot era, especially in Western observations of Japanese fan speculation. Sega's been making a harder push for the series to be one of their main series recently, and In terms of moveset she's a puzzle rep. Sakurai could do a lot with that. Good popularity, good relevance, good moveset, good pick.
View attachment 258783
Adol Christin (Ys)

Remember when I said Tales of was the last major JRPG series not in Smash? I lied.

The Ys series is pretty much the last major JRPG not in Smash, and is to Action RPGs as Dragon Quest is to JRPGs. It's been around since 1987 and pretty much paved the way for later Action RPGs (and also kinda chiptunes) after it. Falcom is a major Japanese video game development company, and while the Ys series is relatively niche in the West
  • a) That didn't keep Dragon Quest out of Smash, and
  • b) Could bring a lot of interesting movesets given the many different mechanics his games have introduced. If taking from Lacrimosa of Dana, the Flash Guard and Flash Dodge systems could be used to make him a highly mobile swordfighter who relies on precisely timed spotdodges and parries to inflict large damage on opponents.
There are other points to be made and I'd love to write a full speculation post on him if I had the time, but for the sake of brevity I'll cap things here.
View attachment 258788
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

A former icon of a major competitor, a defining character of the fifth generation of consoles, making a resurgence, would please the core fanbase alongside casuals, Activision is pretty close to Nintendo, etc. etc. etc.
I could see these being one of the slots, but am not confident enough to predict it
View attachment 258789View attachment 258790
Sora (Kingdom Hearts) or Master Chief (Halo)
The other two major bombshell characters besides Dante. However, I see Dante as more likely given Capcom is already on board with Smash. Comparatively, Sora entails Nintendo negotiating with Disney, and given the timeline of Disney warming up to video games (around Summer 2019) and Pass 2 being decided (before November 2019), there's only a very small window where negotiations would even be seriously possible, let alone succeed. I also work under the assumption that, given Sora's popularity since the Ballot era, negotiations have been attempted and failed before, which adds another layer to the complicated question of "Would Nintendo approach Disney for Sora in Smash?" Master Chief has to contend with lesser popularity in Japan and the language barrier between Japanese and English. While that worked out for Banjo, it's worth mentioning that Banjo was popular in both America and Japan, whereas Master Chief is not. Both are possible, but impractical unless DLC 2 has an increased budget (which I doubt it does).

No ****in' way we get both of them in one pass. If we do I'll ****in' eat crow but there's no way it happens.

View attachment 258793
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

It's like yeah, I see the merits of his inclusion (historic ties to Nintendo, Nintendo and Koei Tecmo being close since the Wii U era, etc.), but also he doesn't really appeal to any major groups. He only picked up traction as a result of leaks, which then brought his merits to light. His popularity in speculation seems to have fizzled down since then.

View attachment 258794
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

I think to myself "would Sakurai approach Arc System Works for Sol Badguy?" and I honestly don't know. I don't think I know enough about Guilty Gear to make a call of if it's on the same level as King of Fighters in terms of history and icon status, nor do I know how easy it'd be to license him given Guilty Gear's large resurgence. He'd be hella cool tho.
Then, do you think Doom Slayer has even lesser chance? His popularity and fame are pretty much nonexistent in Japan compared to Master Chief.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I¨m fairly certain that has been confirmed (and would make sense concidering T766 is his favorite of them all apparently)... but oh well
I remember SourceGaming talking about it. Either it was noted it was an unconfirmed rumor, or they confirmed it. I forget which.

Well, anyway, he's been known as a pretty big FE fan in general. But that also is why he can understand the movesets so smoothly. It's why Chrom didn't get in till Ultimate, cause he couldn't really see the character bringing something super new to the table. I'm glad fan demand got him in, though. I feel 2/3 of the main characters being in felt wrong. I mean, only having Robin is fine too, since that's the unique option. I prefer having all 3, that said.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, I would be insanely hype if Tron Bonne was ever added to Smash.

Capcom has so much potential dude. I'd be happy with pretty much any of the hypothetical Capcom characters they could add. Dante, Phoenix, Amaterasu... my favorite is definitely Morrigan, but that remains a pipe dream for now.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Then, do you think Doom Slayer has even lesser chance? His popularity and famr is pretty much nonexistent in Japan compared to Master Chief.
I think Doomguy has been largely overhyped by this fanbase, and one of the major evidences for his inclusion, Bethesda talking with Nintendo, clearly didn't yield anything. I don't understand why something so old would cause anything now.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
1. A character from the new DLC of FE Three Houses or any FE Three Houses character (except Edelgard of course, why putting the most popular character when you can put a random blue-haired swordman :chuckle: )
2. A character from Tokyo Mirrage Session FE (I can, that's not really a FE game no ? ^o^)
3. Jeanne from Bayonetta with a cheated moveset like the good old days in smash 4 :awesome: (for real I wanted her as an echo fighter)
4. A new type of Mii fighter :troll:
5. Mallow from Super Mario RPG :troll::troll::troll:
6. Dr. Luigi :luigi:
I actually want a new mii fighter (wizard to be specific) but IMO to work it needs to be a free character, and expect to make teh money back by selling costumes for it (Black mage costume and White mage costume, both with a classic FF track). It would be a little overcomplicated to want to buy that sweet Sypha Belnades Mii costume, that comes with Alucard's Fighter pass, but you need to buy wii wizards first :/.
I wanna see Shanoa cause she's from the best game of all time and I'm gay for her like all the women in her game
I don't mind all the music of that coming from Order of Ecclesia's OST
People really have no reason to complain over this.

I don't have any expectations

But I know who I want:
View attachment 258844
Roblox?
History Theory:
Sakurai gives a history behind the franchise that each DLC character is from in each presentation. Now that characters from already represented franchises are in, Sakurai still gives history behind those franchises even if people already know. However, it would be redundant to give these historical talks a second time. Therefore, once a franchise gets a DLC character, they won't get another one.
You fool, the only true theory (beside non video games characters) is that fan theories are meant to be broken!.
Hope you like the full explanation of Persona 5 plot when they add Morgana.,

ld be angry even after the next game. That’s just my opinion, however. It’s kind of scary to think about. Also, this isn’t hate on Megaman characters and saying they can’t make it into s
But wouldn't bass and protoman make decent echoes, and Zero and willy would be completely different, and a ton of people love Zero.

the only issue would be X, but sakurai would easily explain it with an history lesson.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Who do you think will be the first character revealed for Fighters Pass 2, and when do you see them being revealed.

I see Dante being first to set the tone of the pass and get buyers, and he'd be revealed at E3 at the earliest. I could also see Lloyd being revealed alongside him as a concession to the core fanbase.
I agree, I can see Dante being revealed first, but I can also see Sora being the first reveal also both characters are showstopper material.

I feel like we won't have to wait too long for a character reveal. We might get one sometime around spring, just no gameplay like what they did for Terry.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I felt like updating my Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass Vol. 2 Wishlist slightly after realizing that Saber from Fate/stay night would actually be a really fun and popular (at least in Japan where it is an incredibly popular franchise) and, though mostly known in the West for the Anime adaptions did begin as a Visual Novel series and expanded to a few genres from there.
ezgif-3-749d838ce517.gif

- Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
- 2B (NieR Automata)
- Asuka (Senran Kagura)
- Saber (Fate/stay night)
- Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Who do you think will be the first character revealed for Fighters Pass 2, and when do you see them being revealed.

I see Dante being first to set the tone of the pass and get buyers, and he'd be revealed at E3 at the earliest. I could also see Lloyd being revealed alongside him as a concession to the core fanbase.
Well personally I think that the next DLC character will be announced sooner than later, but not necessarily with a gameplay trailer. Sakurai clearly regrets the fact that the pass is being sold without knowing any of the content, so I kinda feel like they'll try and push out at least a teaser trailer in the next Direct, probably around March.

As for who that is, I'm still sticking with Geno, but I dunno. Maybe they want someone who can captivate a wider audience, or shock everyone again like Joker? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I think it's safe to say it won't be as much of a gamble as Byleth, and honestly probably won't be a deeper cut like Terry either... Geno would normally be an odd decision for something like this, but it's clear the massive fan support has kind of put him in his own special place.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Alright heres my legit fighter pass 2
I know its kinda bias and probably not happening but ill be happy if at least 1 or 2 get in
fighterpass2 orig.png

You can switch around any Sega character with Dr Eggman or NiGHTS
and Capcom with Tron Bonne too

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I tried not to go overboard. Sora is in a similar situation to Dante. He can't have everything.

As far as a wall jump goes, I would expect that to be an innate trait like most other characters with one. I could see combining it with Air Step as a recovery move. Maybe incorporate a single Flowmotion attack in at the end if you press attack again kind of like Shulk. The trade off would be Air Step would be linear, and attacking would stop Sora's recovery early and make him helpless.

Not sure about a command menu and mp gauge on top of all this.
Well in Sora's case there wouldn't be an MP gauge but rather a cool down period between spells, like how the command deck works in his games, where once you use a spell it takes a while before you can use it again meaning you'd have to rely on melee attacks.

Also instead of being random from a large list there would be like 3 or 4 of them like Balloonga, Firaga and Blizaga.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyways, despite Mega Man being one of my favorite franchises, make no mistake I'd be happy if other Capcom characters got in too, Dante specifically since DMC's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite Capcom series. Viewtiful Joe? Clean. Ammy? Clean. Jill? Clean. Phoenix Wright? You get the point....Clean.

It's just that Mega Man X would be my personal choice out of them all.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Dante or Ryu

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I felt like updating my Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass Vol. 2 Wishlist slightly after realizing that Saber from Fate/stay night would actually be a really fun and popular (at least in Japan where it is an incredibly popular franchise) and, though mostly known in the West for the Anime adaptions did begin as a Visual Novel series and expanded to a few genres from there.
View attachment 258851
- Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
- 2B (NieR Automata)
- Asuka (Senran Kagura)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
I ain't knocking your list or anything... In fact, I want Saber, Sora, Dante, and Rex & Pyra too. (haven't played Senran or NieR yet but I know them!)

but. this list screams,

"OOPS. ALL SWORDS."

Louie G.

Smash Hero
fight pass 2 speculation.png

Now I'm inspired to share my kneejerk reaction DLC 2 lineup also. This isn't exactly who I want, but it's who I expect more or less.

Travis and Crash imo are the two most likely characters going into this next pass. Geno is very likely as well imo, but you can never be too sure. Just think it's really odd that his mii costume would take this long to show up, unless it's just straight up not in the game at all.

Cinderace can be swapped out for any shillmon Gen 8 Pokemon really. After Byleth though, I can TOTALLY see them adding another fire starter.

Chosen Undead can be traded for another Namco representative, but my gut keeps telling me Dark Souls is a lot more likely than people are giving it credit for. It's an important series to modern gaming, would get a lot of people excited in and out of the Smash fanbase, and Sakurai himself loves it. That being said I'm not even entirely convinced Namco will get anything.

Phoenix is the placeholder Capcom character, a company which I'm fairly certain will get something. There are just too many good characters to choose from, but I went with Phoenix because... I dunno, again another gut feeling. Would be cool to get something a little wackier because to me that brings out the best in Smash.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
To be fair, I still don't really get Earthbound. I was amused by the Fire Emblem lesson, and more confused by the binary tutorial.
Earthbound is kinda difficult to give in a simple pitch, but I think the best way to describe without going too in-depth is Dragon Quest meets Peanuts, with a good sprinkling of 50's sci-fi and Lovecraftian cosmic horror added into the mix.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Heh, i do wonder which ones were the "hits". considering your post, i doubt Doomslayer is one.
Morrigan and Alucard both get a point for being "Hell yeah!" picks. Doom and Dark Souls each get a half point for being "That's fine." picks.
Behold, a fighter's pass for degenerates, by degenerates.
2.5/6
How would you react if this was how the fighter's pass turned out?
0.5/6
What would your reaction be if the above were the characters we were getting?
3.5/6
2/6
Now I'm inspired to share my kneejerk reaction DLC 2 lineup also.
2/6

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Earthbound is kinda difficult to give in a simple pitch, but I think the best way to describe without going too in-depth is Dragon Quest meets Peanuts, with a good sprinkling of 50's sci-fi and Lovecraftian cosmic horror added into the mix.
Yeah, this pretty much describes it perfectly.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I ain't knocking your list or anything... In fact, I want Saber, Sora, Dante, and Rex & Pyra too. (haven't played Senran or NieR yet but I know them!)

but. this list screams,

"OOPS. ALL SWORDS."

I..honestly didn't even notice that..in fact, the person Saber replaced..was Lloyd Irving..
Guess it can't be helped, a lot of the series and characters I love are all sword users..I mean, my favorite series are Zelda, Persona, NieR, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy..all rather sword heavy series..and sitting here now thinking about..I literally cannot think of any huge wants on my end that aren't sword users..and the ones I can think of for big wants are either already Assists (like Krystal & Ashley) or more fitting as Echoes (Octoling, Dixie Kong).

Granted, to me personally, I don't mind. A fun character I like is a fun character I like, regardless of how they fight or what they use to fight.
Though at least 2B & Dante can also swap between different weapons akin what Byleth does, everything from lances & fists (2B) to Guitar-Scythe, Gauntlets/Grieves, Suitcase Minigun, etc (Dante).
Morrigan and Alucard both get a point for being "Hell yeah!" picks. Doom and Dark Souls each get a half point for being "That's fine." picks.

To be clear, I don't anyone that's already an echo should be turned BACK into an alt. I just wish some other characters had got echoes instead of Marth essentially having 3.
I will be honest, if the choice is cut or reverted to a costume, I'd take the latter so I can at least keep playing as Lucina, even if downgraded to just a costume swap.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If there's a Tales rep it'd be ideal for the character to be revealed before Arise's release this year to help it sell to the West.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Me: Ahh the salt over Byleth being Smash is finished time to relax and enjoy Sma-

Salty Smash fans:
source.gif

Me: Damn it nevermind.
View attachment 258851
- Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
- 2B (NieR Automata)
- Asuka (Senran Kagura)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
I love your list. Saber would be amazing to have in Smash, she always looking for strong opponents.
I know its kinda bias and probably not happening but ill be happy if at least 1 or 2 get in
View attachment 258852

You can switch around any Sega character with Dr Eggman or NiGHTS
and Capcom with Tron Bonne too
I really like your list too. If we get Sakura, I'd think it'd be cool if Sakurai added in Sakura Amamiya from the upcoming game as a alt costume.

With the game coming out in Spring there's a chance Sakurai would have enough time to at least look at her concept art.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
We are talking about our wishlists for the 2nd Pass? Here's mine:
- Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney Series)
- Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone Series)
- Shantae
- Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom