• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That would've just let to the same thing. Someone would've viewed that as bait, asking me why I felt that way, and then the minute I explain myself, I'd have a bunch of angry FE fans jumping down my throat, telling me why I'm toxic for my opinions and ****. The other side is just as bad. You realize that, right?

I guess I've had my fill of this topic, though. I've said all I needed to say, and I'm ready to move on the moment everyone else is.
While there are indeed people who actively provoke others who aren't satisfied, they'll end up stopping if they can't get a rise out of you. If anything, the 'toxic other side' is a perfect reason to calm down as they won't try to bait you if you simply don't take the bait. It's that simple, why do you think people are more eager to make fun of Papagenos' reaction compared to Leffen, one of the most infamously angry people in the Smash community? Because there's nothing for people to make fun of for Leffen, he's not throwing a tantrum, meaning baiting him would be a waste of time

GuiltyGyarados

Banned via Administration
While there are indeed people who actively provoke others who aren't satisfied, they'll end up stopping if they can't get a rise out of you. If anything, the 'toxic other side' is a perfect reason to calm down as they won't try to bait you if you simply don't take the bait. It's that simple, why do you think people are more eager to make fun of Papagenos' reaction compared to Leffen, one of the most infamously angry people in the Smash community? Because there's nothing for people to make fun of for Leffen, he's not throwing a tantrum, meaning baiting him would be a waste of time
Leffen did play it a lot more cool, I will admit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... any gut feelings for FP2's first spot?
Probably Ryu Hayabusa, if that rumor is anything to go by (Byleth and Hayabusa had switched places and Hayabusa was originally gonna be fighter 1-5). Hayabusa would also be a good way to open season 2 as a lot of people would want him, like Joker for season 1. Especially with how the first pass closed, Byleth isn’t exactly everyone’s cup of tea

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Guys, enough. Please? Can't we talk about newcomers? I don't want to be in a fight. I have no thought on fighter 5.

I want Sackboy, or AIAI, what are your thoughts?

Slick Guy

Smash Cadet
A character from a Japanese game Sakurai has gushed about.
- I can't see any other FEs making their way in. Personally I feel like the balance of Brawlers/Swords/Gunners with the DLC characters can help us get a coll Gunner next. Marco? Contra rep?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, enough. Please? Can't we talk about newcomers? I don't want to be in a fight. I have no thought on fighter 5.

Aiai would be hilarious due to how much of a meme he is in a discord server I'm at to convey chaotic energy, no ****ing clue what he'd do but I can see a Monkey Ball stage being the most fun bull**** minigame stage possible

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I see you all had fun last night and this morning.

Anyways, I sincerely hope that Sakurai and Nintendo continue doing what they're doing, 'cause this thread has only convinced me that I am still super glad that "fans" have zero control over this game.

Also, gotta love people are mad at a "marketing pick" when people were going crazy thinking Dante was coming to promote DMC3, lol.

Slick Guy

Smash Cadet
Probably Ryu Hayabusa, if that rumor is anything to go by (Byleth and Hayabusa had switched places and Hayabusa was originally gonna be fighter 1-5). Hayabusa would also be a good way to open season 2 as a lot of people would want him, like Joker for season 1. Especially with how the first pass closed, Byleth isn’t exactly everyone’s cup of tea
-Ryu would be a fun character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So... any gut feelings for FP2's first spot?
For me it’s ryu hayabusa

Sources are pointing toward him and one of them is the one that got Marx as a boss and piranaha plant right the most recently there’s a Japanese text that gives a claim that Ryu and byleth switch places (byleth was in package 2 but moved to 1 and Ryu was fighter 5 but moved to package 2) note: only problem with that rumor is a fighter pack 3 is claimed in there but however that source said Ryu around back in April And is reliable so makes sense that found but weirdly not shown so maybe put in fp2

And also that company koei Tecmo has a high bondage with Nintendo and guess what game they made fire emblem three houses and marvel ultimate alliance 3 (no byleth doesn’t hurt Ryu)

And Ryu hayabusa is the final nes era character we need in smash brothers series

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm going to be honest Byleth has made me more confident in Fiora.

Byleth shows Nintendo is willing to add in characters from more recent games, with it seeming as if they're shifting focus away from Xenoblade 2 and more on the first game and them advertising it as "The adventures of Shulk and Fiora" plus her having assets already available to help develop her such as a model and a rig ala what they did with Chrom, I've got to say if I see any Xenoblade character it's her since she's the most relevant and marketable atm, and it feels weird saying that because for the longest time I thought she was a never-ever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think Byleth is a bad choice at all. Explained this before. It's also a great way to work with FE 3H's new DLC. This game is a gem. Anyone should give it a go who's even remotely interested in Fire Emblem. It's in a way the same as with Fire Emblem Awakening, a newcomer just had to happen because the game just did extremely well. Yet another turning point for the franchise, and it's got Smash to thank for a lot of this too.

I.D.

Smash Lord

Byleth shows Nintendo is willing to add in characters from more recent games, with it seeming as if they're shifting focus away from Xenoblade 2 and more on the first game and them advertising it as "The adventures of Shulk and Fiora" plus her having assets already available to help develop her such as a model and a rig ala what they did with Chrom, I've got to say if I see any Xenoblade character it's her since she's the most relevant and marketable atm, and it feels weird saying that because for the longest time I thought she was a never-ever.
How are you people still around? :laugh:
Maybe Sakurai should have made an Elma mii costume the bonus for season 2 to really drive home how little he cares about Xenoblade.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Me but also with Elma. And also Octoling a little bit

GuiltyGyarados

Banned via Administration
I don't think Byleth is a bad choice at all.
The generic blue-haired slender blank slate self-insert anime-esque sword-wielding character in a game that already has four other characters with that same exact description along with four other reps from the same niche franchise isn't a bad choice "at all."

Can you please explain?

Last edited:

Slick Guy

Smash Cadet

-Banjo made it in. If the good ol Bear Bird can make a comeback, anything feels possible.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The only people I feel sorry for in this whole ordeal are the genuine Dante fans like Maximilian dood and Lythero that got caught up in the hype and were led astray by false rumors. They remind me of the Banjo fans post 11/1/2018 direct.
Yeah, same.
At the same time, I found this very funny, me being a Dante supporter:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The generic blue-haired slender blank slate self-insert anime-esque sword-wielding character in a game that already has four other characters with that same exact description along with four other reps from the same niche franchise isn't a bad choice "at all."

Can you please explain?
Please tell me you didn't just call Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Lucina "bland blank-slate self-inserts" just because they have blue hair.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Rank the DLC?
Ok

7/10 :ultpiranha: Funny. Nothing more.
10/10 :ultjoker: Fun char to play and play against.
0/10 :ulthero: One of the least fun chars to play to play against. It's always a snoozefest and not because of Snooze.
5/10 :ultbanjokazooie: I like Banjo, but he feels really unfun to play as, sadly.
10/10 :ult_terry: Same reason as Joker. Sadly, there are few Terry players around but it's always nice to see what this char is capable off when I meet one.
7/10 for Byleth: Her moveset looks rather bad, so the first impression isn't all that great. But I like Three Houses and while he may be silent and not say anything, she is still a better written character than :ultcorrinf:. Also, the rest of the cast is also very fun and deep but I can see that you can'T choose Edelgard over Dimitri or Claude and vice versa, otherwise I would've preferred Dimitri.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sackboy is okay, but Aiai is the real OG. You can't go wrong with Aiai as the next "Cereal Mascot" character in Smash cause Super Monkey Ball was amazing in the Gamecube era.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
-Tokyo Mirage is pretty much the newest FE... I honestly would not be suprised. I see an easy echo fighter...
if they did alternate costumes i think i would be happy with just chrom's alternate costume.

Wouldn't mind a couple of songs... oh and a stage with monsters cheering would be fun too...

But i'm sorry.. I really didn't enjoy Itsuki T.T,

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I don't really agree with the idea that Byleth is a good individual inclusion, but I can personally appreciate how Byleth broke the "new franchise" barricade. 2019 was abysmal for anyone wishing for an in-house candidate, and this character's timing (theoretically) loosens that restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom