• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So lads, what's the fight topic today?

Also FRICK WHOEVER DISSED THE WORD Y'ALL I'M FROM THE SOUTHWEST SO I HAVE A SLIGHT ACCENT AND I USE THE WORD Y'ALL. I'M NOT ANY LESS OF A PERSON NOR ARE MY POINTS ANY LESS VALID SINCE I USE THE WORD I WILL STILL ARGUE YOU INTO THE GROUND SO FRICK OFF HATERS.

Anyways, I hope we get Fighter 5 news soon. Here's hoping it's someone good!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My face when the Prince of Cannock needs a leaf that you can only find on a single pixel on the world map.
That part pissed me off so hard lol.

Another thing I don't understand is that the event wasn't even present in the original game and the curse comes out of ****ing nowhere, so what's the point besides wasting some of my time?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
“Supposedly”

Lol, she isn’t.

The Daisy theory is literally the worst of the chair and Rathalos theory combined, and anyone who thinks it is legitimate needs to step back and realize how many times we have done this song and dance straw grasping for hints.

Plus she was deconfirmed by Vergeben as well.
Daisy theory is stupid...Vergeben is trash and doesn’t know **** anymore. So him saying it’s not (insert), means nothing. He’s just noise like Sabi and the rest including a well known “theory and analysis” person who discusses “rumors” BUT they are not leaks around here.

D

Deleted member

That part pissed me off so hard lol.

Another thing I don't understand is that the event wasn't even present in the original game and the curse comes out of ****ing nowhere, so what's the point besides wasting some of my time?
So they could have you listen to Endless World one more time, which is a valid excuse imo.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
There is only one way to prove if a leak is right:

If this is in the picture, it's true.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Also FRICK WHOEVER DISSED THE WORD Y'ALL I'M FROM THE SOUTHWEST SO I HAVE A SLIGHT ACCENT AND I USE THE WORD Y'ALL. I'M NOT ANY LESS OF A PERSON NOR ARE MY POINTS ANY LESS VALID SINCE I USE THE WORD I WILL STILL ARGUE YOU INTO THE GROUND SO FRICK OFF HATERS.

Whoa there, watch your language young'un!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy theory is stupid...Vergeben is trash and doesn’t know **** anymore. So him saying it’s not (insert), means nothing. He’s just noise like Sabi and the rest including a well known “theory and analysis” person who discusses “rumors” BUT they are not leaks around here.
Eh, I wouldn't say that. He knew Erdrick for sure. Terry and Banjo are questionable, but he also doesn't release information till he's 100% sure. Banjo is one that's hard to give to him when that's easy to piggyback off of. Terry isn't a case of that here, though. First, let's be real; yes, people can guess Terry from the SNK Trademark. But there were multiple SNK guesses. So that's not a fair point. What's realistic is that he knew Terry was in, but couldn't confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt till Nintendo confirmed it for him.

Banjo there's no way he piggybacked, but there's zero reason to believe he knew about it first either.

------------------

...**** this keyboard. It won't stop having sticky keys. I'm about to throw my computer against the wall. I cannot type like this. -_-

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

>Frick

You've triggered him.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

That was me, the “hater” that you were talking about.

My mind isn’t going to magically change because of a passive aggressive post, I still think it is cringe tier phrasing, lol.

D

Deleted member

lMy mind isn’t going to magically change because of a passive aggressive post, I still think it is cringe tier phrasing, lol.
It's more cultural difference, mate. No need to make fun of people who use it on a regular basis.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
You know what? Honestly, instead of predicting the next character, I'm gonna predict the next major change in the content update.

Say hello to the all new features in Training Mode!
  1. More than two Fighters at once. You can already have 2 Fighters and 4 playable characters at once, now have 8 players and 8 Fighters!
  2. Hitbox display. Now you can actually judge how far an attack will reach.
  3. Both the Smash 64 and Smash Ultimate training themes can be played on any stage. Just for flavor.
  4. You can test out conditions for Spirit Battles, in something like a Custom Spirit Battle Creator... except not really. But you can make battles and upload them online and to Smash World to see if others can beat your challenges!
    1. Spirit Battle Name
    2. Puppet Fighter
    3. Condition 1
    4. Condition 2
    5. Condition 3
    6. Rule/Item
    7. Hazard
    8. Reinforcements
    9. Battle Type (Neutral, Attack, Defense, Grab)
  5. Move stats:
    1. Wind Up Time (Start lag)
    2. Attack Moment (Active frames)
    3. Cooldown Time (End lag)
    4. Air-to-Ground Cooldown (Landing lag)* air only
    5. Regain Movement (FAF)
    6. Instant End (Autocancel)* air only
It's a bit low key, but I think it would push Training mode over into being much better, while still technically not introducing a true new separate mode.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
...That'd be an awesome FP5. Wait, is it even a spirit?
No Pokemon in the Treeko evolutionary line has a spirit. Nor do other key members of the PMD cast, like Dusknoir, Wigglytuff, and Bidoof.

Early in the DLC Speculation season, I hoped it meant something. That hope died after E3, where I gave up pretty much any hope for any first party.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If we do listen to Vege and Sabi, Dante would be an excellent Post-Pass character. Since he does have the same kinds of vibes Bayonetta and Joker have. And would be a good way to show that "Everyone has a second chance".

At least that is how I see it.
Dante would honestly be perfect (especially if he gets a DMC1 Costume), great moveset potential, personality, can have his English voice since, well, its the same as Ken..even if they sound alike which would be funny during Ken vs Dante matches, and we'd finally have a Dante meets Bayonetta game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Protip: Taking everything super hard serious all the time makes for a very unfun discussion for everyone else. It's not worth it. Even someone as serious as me at times knows refusing to loosen up doesn't do anything for conversations.

There's a point when you're concern trolling. That's not fun to deal with. Nor is being a debbie downer. Take it from somebody who did this at one point. It as dumb to do so and make the entire forum on edge and completely unfun.

Besides, taking everything in absolutes is a flaw in one's arguments. You don't know what's really going on, and refusing to acknowledge other possibilities makes one impossible to have a constructive conversation with. Be constructive and respect other thoughts on the subject. It always ends better that way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

TPC

you said that word

E0791421-B250-4027-A31D-251DA98345A3.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No Pokemon in the Treeko evolutionary line has a spirit. Nor do other key members of the PMD cast, like Dusknoir, Wigglytuff, and Bidoof.

Early in the DLC Speculation season, I hoped it meant something. That hope died after E3, where I gave up pretty much any hope for any first party.
Well, at least it's possible. I'd guess a 1st party with no playable representation or a third party in the same way has more of a chance, but it's a cool option even then~

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Hell, I was raised in goddamn Seattle, and I use that word :yoshi:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

However, there is still future DLC, and I myself doubt that all DLC characters (minus Piranha Plant) are 3rd Party.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
...That'd be an awesome FP5. Wait, is it even a spirit?
I dont know but there are at least three different Pikachu who are all different characters.

Mystery dungeon Grovyle is an established character and a popular one so they could probably make an exception

Grovyle is technically third party since his game was made by SpikeChunsoft.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't think I've ever been told to frick off by someone who didn't have braces or an Angry Birds shirt.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know the current discourse is about Arle, but personally I'd love to see Kiryu as the next SEGA rep (though ideally I'd like to have both of them). Kiryu could probably make a better transition to Smash since he's well-versed in fighting yet there's also some fun mechanics they could play around with, the Heat Gauge and Styles. As Kiryu fights the Heat Gauge builds up that you can use for even stronger Smash attacks, throws or Special Moves. Can't say I've made up a move-set for Kiryu just yet, but I might consider writing one up later today.

That said, Arle or Kiryu are equally worthy of getting an invite to Smash if you ask me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dont know but there are at least three different Pikachu who are all different characters.

Mystery dungeon Grovyle is an established character and a popular one so they could probably make an exception
Eh, it's not truly an exception. It's just a different character with merits to add.

Though to be fair, the lack of Mystery Dungeon stuff could be on TPC, though. Pokemon as a brand is owned by 3 parties, and it's been proven that TPC is not easy to work with. The lack of shiny colors at many times is on them, who care about how they're represented. Who actually gets in as playable seems to be on Gamefreak, but TPC could still be partially involved(though it is not said how they're involved at any point from what I remember).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Eh, it's not truly an exception. It's just a different character with merits to add.

Though to be fair, the lack of Mystery Dungeon stuff could be on TPC, though. Pokemon as a brand is owned by 3 parties, and it's been proven that TPC is not easy to work with. The lack of shiny colors at many times is on them, who care about how they're represented. Who actually gets in as playable seems to be on Gamefreak, but TPC could still be partially involved(though it is not said how they're involved at any point from what I remember).
Also, Spike Chunsoft would have to get involved.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Here's one suggestion to pass the time: play a fighting game that isn't Smash.
I've got a better idea: Game Night! That's right everyone! Let's gather round the table and play:

"Name 10 things that aren't Smash"

10 things that aren't.jpg

That one's my favorite! If you ask me, we've been playing "Guess Who?" and "Clue" for WAY too long on this thread.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, Spike Chunsoft would have to get involved.
That too.

That wasn't on the post when I quoted it, mind you.

Yeah, sounds like licensing issues. Though Sakurai could just use a regular Grovyle. He's taken liberties before. Pokemon Trainer is a completely generic guy with no mentions of Red's exploits and solely got compared to Ash instead. It'd be easy to stick to the species, with at best an anime voice actor and all.

Besides that, it also depends if he'd bother with Mystery Dungeon Spirits. Avoiding those means it's pretty much Nintendo/TPC/Gamefreak only.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So here's a possibly fun game thing for characters you want, if they got in what sorts of things would you want to see in their trailer? Specify if it would be part of the pre-rendered movie, or a skit done with in-game footage.

Doom Slayer:
Movie: First person fight with Ridley and demons.
Skits: Punching ROB and taking a crate, defending a bunny-eared Daisy from an attack.

Phoenix Wright.
Movie: Phoenix getting charges dropped in various games. Isle Delfino vs Mario? Dropped. Onett Police vs Ness? Dropped.
Skits: Phoenix doing his OBJECTION! move, but then everyone gets hit with the POW effect as some uses the DK Hammer as a gavel. Phoenix pointing Captain Falcon from Pit to Dark Pit.

Geno.
Movie: Classic Mario v Bowser battle atop Bowser's castle, Peach cheering on Mario, when a massive sword drops through.
Skits: Geno fighting against Wario, Bowser then throws Mario at Wario. Geno freed from DK's grasp by Peach and her frying pan.
Going more by knowledge of the characters. I'll add stage and moveset idea as well.

Rean Schwarzer:

Movie: Rean, along with Alisa Reinford, Elliot Craig and Laura S. Arseid are currently travelling on a field trip from Thor's when their train suddenly screeches to a halt. They see that the sky has turned dark and rush out only to see Ganon attacking the train. Rean orders Class VII to get ready for battle. Remix of Atrocious Raid plays.

Moveset: Incorporates different status attacks and special moves using the ARCUS system with the three mentioned to assist.
Stage: Tour of Erebonia.

Neku Sakuraba:

Movie: Starting out like a teaser for a sequel, Neku wakes up in the Shibuya Scramble out to see the Reapers logo in the sky, The Reaper's logo suddenly blinks out and then with a heavy sound the Smash Bros logo appears instead. Neku gets a text message.
"The Reapers Game: Smash Edition."
"Mission: Defeat Nintendo's best.....or face erasure."
Twister starts playing,

Halfway through, Neku realises he can't defeat them without a pact. Shiki then appears and the pact is activated.
Remix of Hybrid plays.
Moveset: Relying on the Sync Rate.
Stage: Shibuya Rooftops

I'll do some more later but thats right off the top of my head.

Pretty late to this but I slept for far longer than intended.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
In fact, licensing issues are why I think that we will eventually see first parties as DLC, as if they ever decide to release Ultimate on any future console they will have to renegotiate the rights for all 3rd party characters. Whether or not they are characters who are already in the game is up for debate, but you guys already know that I absolutely do not think that Spirits deconfirm characters in any way.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I imagine if Spike does get involved in some way, it'd be for Monokuma to get in.

Though I also wouldn't be surprised if hypothetically, Monokuma getting in eventually opens the door for PMD based spirits too. It'd snowball from there.

S4UCE!

Smash Rookie
Use this thread for general speculation discussion regarding newcomers to Smash on Nintendo Switch. As always, please refer to the Smash Ultimate Guidelines before posting.

:bubblebobble:
Honestly, im not even trying to sound like a toddler but I strongly believe that minecraft steve should be a thing in smash.

I've been really pondering it as smashers do when they are literally thinking about nothing (and then you magically realize your thinking about combos and strings). Steve would in my opinion be a solid defensive zoner character and I can have a couple of movesets on the character from using down B to place blocks and build walls and traps to the same down B dropping TNT, neutral B being bow and arrow. Up B being Elyria, side B could be building a temporary wall or setting an anvil or crafting table or other things that can do different effects ( like anvil being a kill option or using neutral B to switch side B to for example anvil, crafting table, brewing stand, enchantment table).

Regular attacks can be said too like
. jab can be a 3 jab, like left blocky arm to right blocky arm to the last hit being an axe.

.Ftilt can be a pickaxe poking from steves side

.Dtilt can be just him hitting the ground with his animation for breaking a block

.Utilt can be him waving a sword in mid air

- Nair can be him doing the crouch jump

- Fair can be him waving a pick axe in front of him

-Bair can be him swinging a sword behind him and like a lot of back airs can kill

-Dair can be him placing a block underneath him and quickly destroying it

Ive thought about it for a while and im curious to see what sakurai has next for us.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
In fact, licensing issues are why I think that we will eventually see first parties as DLC, as if they ever decide to release Ultimate on any future console they will have to renegotiate the rights for all 3rd party characters. Whether or not they are characters who are already in the game is up for debate, but you guys already know that I absolutely do not think that Spirits deconfirm characters in any way.
Eh I feel like there past the point of no return when it comes to a re-release with how many companies we already have on board, I think I recall that Sakurai said that he felt they have opened a Pandora's box with Ultimate.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
You know what? Honestly, instead of predicting the next character, I'm gonna predict the next major change in the content update.
I think you should have a feature to just share your custom game modes in general. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 had a feature where you could create a game mode and share it online, so why can't Smash?
You could edit a bunch of stuff as well:
  • What Stages are allowed
  • What Assist Trophies are allowed
  • What Pokemon are allowed
  • What Characters are allowed
  • What Character Alts are allowed
  • What Items are allowed
  • What Music plays on each allowed stage
  • Custom Balance for characters (Making Character A stronger/weaker than everyone else)
  • Advanced Handicaps (P1 starts with 100% and P2 starts with 30% or whatever)
  • A Player limit (6 Players, 7 Players, 3 Players, etc.)
  • Which amiibo are allowed
  • Specific spirits for each player (Everyone has an extra jump, only P5 has autoheal, etc.)
  • Every feature in Custom Smash
  • Every other feature in the regular edit game mode menu

You could make the Hyrule Smash:
Stages: Hyrule Castle, Spirit Train, Great Plateau Tower, Great Bay, Temple, Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Gerudo Valley, Skyloft.
AT: Ghirahim, Midna, Moon, Skull Kid.
No Pokemon.
Characters: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, Toon Link.
All Character Alts.
Items: Beetle, Bombchu, Bunny Hood, Cucco, Deku Nut, Fairy Bottle, Gust Bellows.
Music: All LoZ music
No Custom Balance.
No Handicaps.
No Player Limit.
Only LoZ amiibo.
No spirits.
No special effects.
No other settings.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Protip: Taking everything super hard serious all the time makes for a very unfun discussion for everyone else. It's not worth it. Even someone as serious as me at times knows refusing to loosen up doesn't do anything for conversations.

There's a point when you're concern trolling. That's not fun to deal with. Nor is being a debbie downer. Take it from somebody who did this at one point. It as dumb to do so and make the entire forum on edge and completely unfun.

Besides, taking everything in absolutes is a flaw in one's arguments. You don't know what's really going on, and refusing to acknowledge other possibilities makes one impossible to have a constructive conversation with. Be constructive and respect other thoughts on the subject. It always ends better that way.
There is a tag button on this site, you know, rofl.

All I’m saying though, is that right now, it really feels like the Grinch leak all over again with people doing their best to discredit all of the deconfirmations of their most wanteds going on, whether its from reputable leakers or higher ups in companies.
Don’t be surprised if FP5 doesn’t pan put the way all of you have been hoping for.

And BTW, I’m still sticking to my account bet about Verge and Sabi. (Closing it if either of them screws up the identity of FP5)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Eh I feel like there past the point of no return when it comes to a re-release with how many companies we already have on board, I think I recall that Sakurai said that he felt they have opened a Pandora's box with Ultimate.
Granted most of the companies currently involved with Smash are easy to work with so most of the third party playable characters are safe.

But we all know Cloud and Luminary are the first to go in the next game.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
There is a tag button on this site, you know, rofl.

All I’m saying though, is that right now, it really feels like the Grinch leak all over again with people doing their best to discredit all of the deconfirmations of their most wanteds going on, whether its from reputable leakers or higher ups in companies.
Don’t be surprised if FP5 doesn’t pan put the way all of you have been hoping for.

And BTW, I’m still sticking to my account bet about Verge and Sabi. (Closing it if either of them screws up the identity of FP5)
You've expressed your dissatisfaction with the leak scene around here and your desire to leave this site a good number of times now, so your account bet is ultimately pointless since you'd benefit from the end result either way.

It's not interesting for anyone.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I know Arle is a thing kind of now, but I'm reminded of another character I know in passing my mind combines with her. What about the princess chick from Shining Blade? Altina I think. She uses a bow and has a similar figure to Kosmos. If we were getting her as an archer, might be why there's Incinaroar over Decidueye.

I actually think Sakurai would go the Pokemon route, i.e. they give him a list of popular characters to choose from, then he picks the one he wants.
There's a lot of popular characters he could pick from. But I'm taking into account those.

Really, my main League solution involves a rep, and then the rest of the poster children make up mii costumes and spirits or stage cameos.

What's the Daisy thing about?
Basically the image for the game's 1 year anniversary tweet featured Mario surrounded by all the DLC characters out so far. This includes piranha plant. To balance the positions in the image, Daisy is also in the pic.

So the theory is, since the first official echo included with DLC seems odd, Daisy is a stand in for F5.

The most common part of it seems that the fighter will be female, and most likely fits with in color theory as a bonus since Daisy wears orange. The fact Mario is surrounded by Mario Universe "flowers" (both Daisy and P Plant) or Daisy's victory pose are also things people mention as stretches. Among others.

Arle is the main Daisy Theory candidate because she's commonly in a similar pose, and has a similar hair cut/color.

For my speculatory addition on the specific theory. I think being female is likely. I also think Daisy is chosen because she's bumping hips with the character that should be in her place. So I think (if this theory had grounds), the character is female, and a bubbly and/or spunky character, like Arle or Shantae etc, to work off of Daisy's energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom