• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Warning Issued
And FYI, I stop taking arguments seriously when they unironically use the word “yall”.
well you’ve replied to me twice so you’re doing a **** job of not taking me seriously

this man must be laxchris in disguise. salty as **** that Papa is taking all of his YouTube views

The only thing spreading conspiracies here are your crusty Twitter fingers, pal

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Some of you guys need to stop losing sleep over FP5 and go outside and read a book or something.

Complaining about the long wait isn't gonna make the reveal come any faster.
Hold on...I'm writing this down.

So just to clarify, I have to go outside first before I read? Or can I still read really close to my computer inside?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The only thing spreading conspiracies here are your crusty Twitter fingers, pal
I’d argue that using a picture of Daisy to confirm a MW is the exact definition of a conspiracy.

And I find it very funny that you say this, but you are one of the people here pushing the narrative that the lead Halo dev was under a NDA when he shot down Master Chief.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And FYI, I stop taking arguments seriously when they unironically use the word “yall”.
Erm. Why? It's just southern slang for "you all". Now if it was "allayall" then I'd understand because that word is just silly. (I mean seriously, it translates to "all of you all". Why does it even exist?)

Hold on...I'm writing this down.

So just to clarify, I have to go outside first before I read? Or can I still read really close to my computer inside?
- Zero Requiem -'s wording was very clear. You must go to sleep, walk outside, and then start reading (or whatever other something you wish to do).

D

Deleted member

Here's one suggestion to pass the time: play a fighting game that isn't Smash.
or just any game that isn't Smash really. Like how else am I gonna learn more about certain games like Saints Row or SUPERHOT before they somehow make it into Smash someday?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The only thing I'm willing to give on "Daisy Theory" is that if it's a hint (Big if, mind you), then it's only for a female character. That's it. Anything else gets into conspiracy bull **** like the character uses her as a base, It's somehow related to flowers, her pose is super important or being the color of the character is going too far. These people aren't AR 4D chess masters. If it's a hint, it's surface level. Nothing more.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You know, I don't quite understand all of the "you guys need to stop worrying about the next DLC character" comments. I mean, isn't that what this thread is fore?
Some people take it too far to the point it may as well be part of their identity here

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
When I see some of y'all in this thread dissing the use of y'all:

- - - - - - -

Anyway I think from a game play standpoint a Yakuza character could be fun, especially if they try to incorporate the different fighting styles you can switch between. Might be cool to have our first "stance' based character in Smash.

I only really know Yakuza from part of a playthough I watched on youtube, but could Goro Majima work as an alt for Kiryu if he got in? The look like they got around the same abilities beside Goro being pretty unhinged.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While the thread burns, I'll just sit here and play Dragon Quest 7.
I'm actually in the final dungeon of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch. Great game.

However, in the last month, with tonight capping it off, I've obtained every Dragon Quest game except for 1-3 and 10.

I have...a lot of Dragon Quest to play.

KillerCage

Smash Master
He has continued to push a narrative that Arle is the frontrunner, while conveniently ignoring the fact that Sakurai himself has said his Tweets aren’t hints, and that he is careful on what he Tweets. If he wants Arle, thats fine, but he is pushing this narrative that the Tweets are actually hints, and Arle supporters are taking it and running with it. (Even after the Arle deconfirmation)

Not all of the tweets people are from Sakurai (I'm thinking of particularly the "Daisy tweet" as that is from Nintendo if I recall correctly.)
Papagenos is ignoring Vergeben's de-confirmation likely due to his communication hiccup.
Is PapaGenos bias against Vergeben and toward Sabi?
Seems to be the case, but at least he have some justification for his bias and is honest with his audience.
I said this before and I will say it again: PapaGenos is less a leaker and more of a reporter.
He is merely speculating (arguably stretching) that Arle may have a strong chance of being FP5.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually in the final dungeon of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch. Great game.

However, in the last month, with tonight capping it off, I've obtained every Dragon Quest game except for 1-3 and 10.

I'd get 3 at the very least. It's a serviceable game that got the series into its groove with some occasional NES Guide Dang It moments.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have questions on what to do or where to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

1 is really novel, not that long, and is pretty relaxing. I highly recommend playing it before 3.

Actually, the whole original trilogy is worthwhile.

D

Deleted member

1 is really novel, not that long, and is pretty relaxing. I highly recommend playing it before 3.

Yeah. The Erdrick trilogy were my favorite games in my marathon of the series until I got to 5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
There’s a time for me to step in. I don’t know when it is, but it’ll be now.

I believe Arle is a front runner for post pass only. I don’t doubt that for a second. But as for FP5, more than anything I don’t think it’s now.

She stands out as having legitimate talking points that have nothing to do with Isaac-like picture interpretation or assuming Sakurai is deliberately hinting, like SEGA making huge pushes in the west, and Puyo Puyo 2 getting special treatment in SNES Online compared to other Japan only games. But all of those were after the initial 5 characters were negotiated for.

At the time Arle only had one relevant western release. Pretending Verge and Joker don’t exist, Arle still wouldn’t be very likely for the pass simply because it seemed like SEGA was content with a single game at the time and she’d be too unknown westward. In Japan’s case, well, they’d have Hero. Puyo Puyo not only ain’t got **** on DQ, it owes everything to DQ.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Ports and remasters don’t count.

I’d prefer to see new and original games.

>People legitimately think this is still going to happen for FP5.

He isn’t. Master Chief was flat out hard deconfirmed for the fighter pass, but for some reason, you guys decided it wasn’t clear enough, and people are plugging their ears screaming “NDA NDA NDA NDA NDA!!!!!!”, even though it was spelled 100% clearly right in front of you all.

This applies to Travis too, btw.
Problem is that the guy also said that Halo 2 Anniversary wasn't happening.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
And I find it very funny that you say this, but you are one of the people here pushing the narrative that the lead Halo dev was under a NDA when he shot down Master Chief.
“pushing the narrative”

bruh this is a SPECULATION MESSAGEBOARD. Youre looking for hidden messages in posts from a guy named yeet123

get a life

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Thanks! Taliyah even has like a little ice themed skin; her "weaving" style of earth manipulation is a lot like water. A bunch of her fanart I ran into while making the moveset was even surfer themed lol.

As for Ahri, I might attempt it for her as well, but I wanted to highlight an underrated character I'm way more familiar with first.
It'd be nice if Taliyah gets the Bayonetta treatment and have her original skin, and her ice themed skin (which sadly probably wouldn't freeze anybody).

Well you succeeded in highlighting her to me, and we've have yet to get a earthbending-esque character so hopefully she'll be the one
So here's a possibly fun game thing for characters you want, if they got in what sorts of things would you want to see in their trailer? Specify if it would be part of the pre-rendered movie, or a skit done with in-game footage.

Doom Slayer:
Movie: First person fight with Ridley and demons.
Skits: Punching ROB and taking a crate, defending a bunny-eared Daisy from an attack.

Phoenix Wright.
Movie: Phoenix getting charges dropped in various games. Isle Delfino vs Mario? Dropped. Onett Police vs Ness? Dropped.
Skits: Phoenix doing his OBJECTION! move, but then everyone gets hit with the POW effect as some uses the DK Hammer as a gavel. Phoenix pointing Captain Falcon from Pit to Dark Pit.

Geno.
Movie: Classic Mario v Bowser battle atop Bowser's castle, Peach cheering on Mario, when a massive sword drops through.
Skits: Geno fighting against Wario, Bowser then throws Mario at Wario. Geno freed from DK's grasp by Peach and her frying pan.
Amaterasu
Movie: Amaterasu fights the Inklings right after they fought DJ Octavio, or some other fighter. Then all the rest Fighter Pass Characters all fight Ammy at once, only for all to be defeated.
After seeing the whole fight from stop the hill, Palutena, Pit, and Bayonetta then come down to 'greet' the new goddess.
Skit: Amaterasu gives food to Isabelle, Fox, Wolf, Lucario, Falco, and Diddy, and watch them eat just like she does to animals in her game.

Shantae
Movie: King K. Rool shoots at Daisy with Cannonballs, but Shantae catches them with her hair and fling them back at King K. Rool, while Daisy throws turnips at him defeating him.
Skit: Shantae steals bananas from DK and Diddy as her monkey transformation

Elma
Whole trailer: Elma fighting Shulk, and Rex Mii Swordfighter.

Sora
Movie: Sora talks to Riku, and Kairi telling them that he has to head to another world alone to help a friend (Kirby) fight, Riku, and Kairi follows anyways (as guests).
Skit: Sora's taunt makes him look excited to see Cloud while Cloud uses his "Not Interested" up-taunt (but we all know he's glad to see Sora).

Sakura Shinguji
Movie: Sakura fights Elma both are evenly matched. At the end of the movie both enter their mechs and prepare for the final part of their battle.
Skit: Sakura chases after the "demon" Ganon.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I enjoyed DQ1 and thought DQ3 was a great time.

DQ2 was fine...until Rhone and the bull**** final boss. I also think the game became extremely cryptic after getting the boat.

D

Deleted member

I also think the game became extremely cryptic after getting the boat.
That's pretty much most DQ games from my experience. I'm surprised you didn't get lost in DQ 3 with that Phantom Ship quest

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’d argue that using a picture of Daisy to confirm a MW is the exact definition of a conspiracy.

I refuse to believe that deconfirmed him entirely

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
That's pretty much most DQ games from my experience. I'm surprised you didn't get lost in DQ 3 with that Phantom Ship side quest
I did, actually.

Most of the information that I needed I was able to glean from townsfolk and whatnot, though, whereas I needed to keep a guide open 24-7 to get through DQ2 after getting the ship.

D

Deleted member

I did, actually.

Most of the information that I needed I was able to glean from townsfolk and whatnot, though, whereas I needed to keep a guide open 24-7 to get through DQ2 after getting the ship.
My face when the Prince of Cannock needs a leaf that you can only find on a single pixel on the world map.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It was the most blatant case of “No” that I could think of.

He 100% spelt it out right in front of you, but apparently it isn’t clear enough, since you think that it is still up for debate.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Supposedly she's a hint to Arle.
“Supposedly”

Lol, she isn’t.

The Daisy theory is literally the worst of the chair and Rathalos theory combined, and anyone who thinks it is legitimate needs to step back and realize how many times we have done this song and dance straw grasping for hints.

Plus she was deconfirmed by Vergeben as well.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Especially since taking any disconfirmations seriously when NDA's are hard and about(and people saying Grant Kirkhope doesn't count are hard wrong. He knew entirely what was going on. They hired him to make music. No way he wasn't told. It's blatant PR speak to make him look like he couldn't have known anything, to make it so people won't take random hints too seriously for characters. It's simply a ploy and nothing more) and have happened multiple times.

Besides that, the man(Frank) has knowingly lied about a game existing while under NDA. Refusing to accept he could(could, not is) be under NDA is just pushing an unfair narrative and plugging one's ears at this point.

There's a good reason many don't take it seriously. That's ignoring it was ****post central too anyway. Bungie's own tweet means pretty little too, actually. For one, they just as equally could've been under NDA. Two, they don't own the actual series. Microsoft does. They aren't going to be contacted for licensing. And they would lie if they were.

I would take Sabi and Verge way more seriously instead. Their sources very often ignore NDA's, and not all the time. They have more clout in these kind of situations. Plus, didn't they both disconfirm him? Seems a lot more reliable to take them into consideration when they can't be NDA'd, you know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom