• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know this is just the hype talking but

Screw deconfirmations, I'm back on the Jill train.

WOO WOO

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
IMO Kratos would be even more shocking than Master Chief. We already have Banjo in Smash and Microsoft's name is already in Smash's copyright list. The fact that people are discussing Master Chief as a real possibility on the regular should show there is some level of expectation for Master Chief now that Microsoft is involved with Smash and they're porting their games to the Switch. Sony however? Most people think Sony is actually impossible and is on the same level as non-video game characters even though Sony has shown themselves to be more open recently.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Banjo and Chief in Smash would be too much for me to handle.

Give me a trailer where Samus, Banjo-Kazooie, and any other rep who dabbles in the FPS world intros the Chief.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Ever since hearing a while back how MCC/Halo was being hinted at for the Switch and the announcement for more fighters after the initial DLC I've suspected we might potentially be getting Master Chief for that aforementioned Smash DLC. While I'm still not fully convinced we'd get him as FP5, that'd still totally be cool! For awhile I've been thinking we could rather be getting him closer to the release of Halo Infinite.
All things considered, MCC on Switch and possibly Chief in Smash would still make sense to me from an advertising perspective as Microsoft/343 seem to be trying all they can to create a Halo resurgence. I've heard some fans call it a potential "Second Golden-Age of Halo"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Halo on Switch and Master Chief in Smash are two completely different things. One doesn't imply the other, you lunatics.

D

Deleted member

Halo on Switch and Master Chief in Smash are two completely different things. One doesn't imply the other, you lunatics.
I second this, in fact.

Did anyone learn from the surprise Joker reveal?

Last edited by a moderator:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
SPECULATION.

Zell hasn't clarified whether he's talking Halo games or Smash yet...

KillerCage

Smash Master
No it’s nothing like that they just saw this

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1204429126641299456

This is infact a real post and king zell is one of those “to get anything wrong” he has zero incorrect things said

This can go either way it’s halo coming to switch/Nintendo or master chief as FP5 if he’s not FP5 and halo is infact coming to switch his chances will skyrocket and both could happen at vga
Either way I consider this win-win in my book.
Gonna take the risk and post this meme without knowing Halo lore:

View attachment 251957
I know this is not going to happen, but would you react if we got Red vs. Blue content alongside Halo and Master Chief in Smash?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Don't forget guys, another weekly event or Tourney is going to be announced tonight. Will there be more characters slaughtered tonight?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Only RE3 would be really weird. Capcom is pretty nice to work with so if that happens I wouldn't understand that decision instead of trying to rep the franchise in general, not only RE3.
That point would make a bit more of sense if we talk about RE4 because it was a Nintendo exclusive back then, but in any case it would feel wrong.

Also, while I like her RE3 design more than the original, I have no doubt that Sakurai would choose RE1 Jill, at least for her default design.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Ever since hearing a while back how MCC/Halo was being hinted at for the Switch and the announcement for more fighters after the initial DLC I've suspected we might potentially be getting Master Chief for that aforementioned Smash DLC. While I'm still not fully convinced we'd get him as FP5, that'd still totally be cool! For awhile I've been thinking we could rather be getting him closer to the release of Halo Infinite.
All things considered, MCC on Switch and possibly Chief in Smash would still make sense to me from an advertising perspective as Microsoft/343 seem to be trying all they can to create a Halo resurgence. I've heard some fans call it a potential "Second Golden-Age of Halo"
After Halo 5 came out the halo community had been in chaos plus at the time the chief Collection was poopoo but 343 really stepped it up and actually listened to us and is turning things around halo is actually popular again just a while ago everyone was upset and angry but now were coming together it's a beautiful thing

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Or why not take her spirit and push it somewhere else?
Gonna be real here. I haven't tried to get a single one of the DLC spirits so I don't know how they work or what they imply. I'm like... 90% certain the RE spirits deconfirm a RE character, BUT.

If there's anything Smashboards has taught me, it's that fan-made rules are bull**** and Sakurai can break them any time for any reason.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I know this is just the hype talking but

Screw deconfirmations, I'm back on the Jill train.

WOO WOO
Haven't us Phoenix Wright fans suffered enough this week??? I don't think our hearts could take Resident Evil being in the running again. Lmao

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
After Halo 5 came out the halo community had been in chaos plus at the time the chief Collection was poopoo but 343 really stepped it up and actually listened to us and is turning things around halo is actually popular again just a while ago everyone was upset and angry but now were coming together it's a beautiful thing
2019 has been the best year Halo has had since maybe 2007 and if Chief being in Smash is true, it's the best year it's had period:

-The Master Chief Collection's massive updates and bug fixes
-Halo: Reach being announced for the Collection
-Halo: Reach launching remarkably well
-Halo: Infinite looking as good as it does with it's E3 trailer
-Halo: Infinite releasing as an Xbox Scarlett launch title and a GamePass title

and now potentially either Chief in Smash or the MCC on the Switch. It's been a fantastic year for Halo and it's fans and if these things, especially the Chief in Smash portion, is true, then it's about to be somehow even better. It even managed to attract people who never got to enjoy it's games and become fans, like me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom