• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
He said that the character who he was deconfirmed was niche he probably wasnt suggesting FP5 was not niche
It's true, he didn't say anything about the actual character not being niche.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't lie, a Fortnite stage where you drop from the bus thing onto a random part of the map sounds fun.

I'm thinking if it isn't the remote chance of Sora, I'm leaning on a Sega or Square double dip with Arle, Kiryu, or 2B. Or the most insane turnabout of all time, even more than Phoenix winning, happens and the Elma Gang really does rise up.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Despite what the NoA Ambassador source says, Verge has not deconfirmed Capcom and Sabi has been careful not to definitively say it isn't Capcom.

I mean, it seems pretty cut and dry to me and now I'm leaning either Sora or a double dip like 2B, Kiryu, or Arle, but it makes you think.
Whew! So Phoenix Wright and Capcom are still in the running. Was wondering what all the misconception was about.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If Kempf can get into Fire Emblem Heroes, then anyone can become Fighter #5.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Good. Let the edgy ass 40 year olds cry their asses off as if Fortnite took their kids and kidnapped their most wanted
That's another reason why I'm expecting Jonesy. It seems like the kind of choice that would piss off just enough people to fit with the whole "last character is always the most controversial" trend that's been going on with Bayo and Incineroar.

D

Deleted member

wasn’t there that one that predicted all the Banjo presentation’s costumes minus Sans? I forgot what else that leak entailed though
I covered myself by saying 'rarely' and 'I think' incase I was forgetting one lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's another reason why I'm expecting Jonesy. It seems like the kind of choice that would piss off just enough people to fit with the whole "last character is always the most controversial" trend that's been going on with Bayo and Incineroar.
Eeeehhhh those two were only controversual because "WAAAAAAAAAH THOSE AREN'T WHO I WANTED". Though Bayonetta being immensely popular among the LGBT probably caused some people to complain too but it's still nothing compared to "I ****ing hate children who are capable of enjoying themselves"

D

Deleted member

Hold up, does Fortnite have any music outside of the default dance jingle?

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
As someone who has played Fortnite fairly actively in the past I can't say Jonesy has much of an appeal to me at all. Then again I'm more focused on the appeal of a character being repped in Smash as opposed to the game, and a Fortnite rep would definitely get attention regardless of the character. I certainly wouldn't get mad over it, but there's a lot of characters I'd rather see in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Dovahkiin, Master Chief or Steve.

Big, well known and not niche. I'm still banking on Master Chief.
I know there's no set rule here, and we have gotten reps from series already in Smash (Square & Sega), but I've got a feeling we wouldn't get two from the same parent company in one pass. It's probably going to be yet another third party we haven't seen from the pass yet (and possibly one not represented in Smash yet at all).

With all the deconfirms though, it's down to mostly companies seen typically on Playstation (Naughty Dog, Insomniac, or just Sony in general) at this point. Would be funny if they juke us entirely and the last one is just from Nintendo themselves, though.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So what's the consensus on Geralt of Rivia? I feel like people tend to sleep on his chances. Regardless of his origins, the CD Projekt iteration of him has become very iconic in the gaming community so I think he may actually have a shot.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Dovahkiin is a pretty strong possibility, yeah. I think that's always been a sleeper pick. There's also the Mii costume stuff still floating in the ether, though I don't personally believe it. Skyrim would bring a lot to Smash and it's iconic and huge pretty much worldwide.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
All I have is this for fp5

Master chief (trust me Sakurai will end the rule of only one new 3rd party character per smash game and company someday most likely geno could end this one)

Remiu (was it her or someone other female gaining ground)

1st party rep

Konami rep (only guess I got is frogger unless there’s better options)

Travis touchdown (I need proof sudo isn’t lying intentionally since people are forced to keep it a secret due to the nintendo ninjas you know what I mean)

And finally sabi and verge lying about one of the deconfirmed character not being FP5 (they want the fans to be hype about who and not expecting it is the theory here)

That’s all I can really think of unless there’s better options

pinshadow

Smash Lord
All I have is this for fp5

Master chief (trust me Sakurai will end the rule of only one new 3rd party character per smash game and company someday most likely geno could end this one)

Remiu (was it her or someone other female gaining ground)

1st party rep

Konami rep (only guess I got is frogger unless there’s better options)

Travis touchdown (I need proof sudo isn’t lying intentionally since people are forced to keep it a secret due to the nintendo ninjas you know what I mean)

And finally sabi and verge lying about one of the deconfirmed character not being FP5 (they want the fans to be hype about who and not expecting it is the theory here)

That’s all I can really think of unless there’s better options
Why would Verge and Sabi throw away all of their e-cred and lie about a character not being in. It would completely obliterate any legitimacy they've built up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why would Verge and Sabi throw away all of their e-cred and lie about a character not being in. It would completely obliterate any legitimacy they've built up.
Yeah but the Geno fanboy said he's lying and he got kicked from a server alongside how he got in trouble for leaking **** last year and also backed the grinch ****, so who knows?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I've just been thinking about random characters and series that are safe so far.

2B
Steve
Sakura Wars character
Monokuma
Commander Shepard
Dragonborn
Diablo character
Warcraft character
Fortnite character

Bill Rizer
Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon character
Gilius Thunderhead
NiGHTS
Ryo Hazuki
Shining series character

Billy/Jimmy Lee
Arle Nadja
The Hunter (Bloodborne)
Kratos
PaRappa

Bub/Bob
Geralt of Rivia
Crono

Yeah the sky's the limit really.
Good....goooood...

Needs more Kunio.

So what's the consensus on Geralt of Rivia? I feel like people tend to sleep on his chances. Regardless of his origins, the-
There is no "regardless of his origins". His origins disqualify him, unless Sakurai decides to break Smash's only actual rule.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what's the consensus on Geralt of Rivia? I feel like people tend to sleep on his chances. Regardless of his origins, the CD Projekt iteration of him has become very iconic in the gaming community so I think he may actually have a shot.
Its an interesting one, how is his game depiction compared to the book one? It could be a licensing issue if there's additional entities apart from CDProjekt involved in the rights too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Its an interesting one, how is his game depiction compared to the book one? It could be a licensing issue if there's additional entities apart from CDProjekt involved in the rights too.
The guy who made the books doesn't need to be contacted for the video game stuff like SCVI, so he wouldn't need to be contacted for Smash negotiations

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly I'm slowly starting to convince myself that FP5 is going to be Fortnite Jonesy. Hasn't been disconfirmed yet, literally nobody is expecting him, and it'd be fitting for The Game Awards. If it's not someone like Reimu or Sol, the only other option I could possibly think of is Jonesy, and it's so ****ing weird to think that he might be a frontrunner by sheer virtue of most everyone else biting the dust.
Like when you win in a battle royale because the rivals killed each other in some stupid way and you hid all the time

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still think people are sleeping on the possibility of a Sony rep or indie characters. Those would definitely be unexpected and would throw a curveball for future speculation.

D

Deleted member

Good. Let the edgy ass 40 year olds cry their asses off as if Fortnite took their kids and kidnapped their most wanted
this post is insensitive to people who had their kids taken and their most wanted kidnapped by fortnite. you may want to reword it

D

Deleted member

BTW, you know what would be funny? If character 5 was Katalina from Granblue and Hitagi was right about her.

D

Deleted member

I would feel the biggest victory ever if Fighter 5 turned out to be Saber Artoria or Pauline and the Forest Maze Discord server entered in flames knowing that one of my most wanted picks once again got in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sarcasm is a dead medium on the internet.
Speaking of Dead Mediums, if Phoenix gets in do you think they'd give Mia a spirit given how fitting it is?

Polan

Smash Lord
Good....goooood...

Needs more Kunio.

There is no "regardless of his origins". His origins disqualify him, unless Sakurai decides to break Smash's only actual rule.
rules are for nerds. also sakurai has a pretty good get out of jail free card for geralt. this specific incarnation of him comes from a video game so unless sakurai explicitly bases him off his book incarnation, then the rule isn't broken.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
smash brothers is a game for good little trans boys and girls and enbies and everyone in between and out between
Astolfo is a good bean but they're dumb
Speaking of Dead Mediums, if Phoenix gets in do you think they'd give Mia a spirit given how fitting it is?
Opopo I will beat you with a ****ing rock and 2 bicycles at once. Anyway she should be a Zelda fighter you need to protect from a Ganondorf fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom