• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For the record, I think we all forget that Nemesis's design is inherently goofy. When you break it down, he is literally a biker zombie carrying a rocket launcher. That would be some **** out of Plants vs. Zombies, not a survival horror game. But somehow it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

For the record, I think we all forget that Nemesis's design is inherently goofy. When you break it down, he is literally a biker zombie carrying a rocket launcher. That'd would be some **** out of Plants vs. Zombies, not a survival horror game. But somehow it works.

Is that render from MvC Infinite?

Not saying it looks bad, but the lightning made me think so.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So what features do you guys think 7.0.0 will include?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Idk about a sequel since one of the PXZ lead programmers quit

but it’s my dream. Maybe include Shulk, Frank West, Bayonetta, Elma, Rex & Pyra, some additional FE character like Alm and Celica as a duo, or Byleth solo (idc what gender). Hell, maybe some really out there Nintendo choices like Palutena or Captain Falcon. Bringing back Chrom, Lucina and Fiora of course. Heck, bring everyone back from PXZ2... almost? It had too many Shinobi characters, maybe cut some of those.

OH YES AND VELVET FROM TALES OF BERSERIA.

alas, I don’t think it’ll happen at all.
I need a new Project X Zone game in my life just so the Sega side can have some Atlus content and the Phantom thieves can join in on this roster of characters.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Idk about a sequel since one of the PXZ lead programmers quit

but it’s my dream. Maybe include Shulk, Frank West, Bayonetta, Elma, Rex & Pyra, some additional FE character like Alm and Celica as a duo, or Byleth solo (idc what gender). Hell, maybe some really out there Nintendo choices like Palutena or Captain Falcon. Bringing back Chrom, Lucina and Fiora of course. Heck, bring everyone back from PXZ2... almost? It had too many Shinobi characters, maybe cut some of those.

OH YES AND VELVET FROM TALES OF BERSERIA.

alas, I don’t think it’ll happen at all.
I'd say for Capcom, bring back Regina, add in Fiona/Hewie, Vanessa, and an Onimusha team with Samanosuke and Jacques.
For Namco, idols! <_< Maybe Splatterhouse, Time Crisis, and Wonder Momo as well... (Wonder Momo and Joe team could be fun)
For SEGA, multiple Phantasy Star teams (Classic, Online, and Universe), Comix Zone, Jet Grind Radio, Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon, and Virtua Cop. Maybe House of the Dead too.

Edit: Basically my PXZ wishlist strongly resembles my Smash wishlists. So whichever game adds these characters/series first wins. >_>

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'd say for Capcom, bring back Regina, add in Fiona/Hewie, Vanessa, and an Onimusha team with Samanosuke and Jean.
For Namco, idols! <_< Maybe Splatterhouse, Time Crisis, and Wonder Momo as well... (Wonder Momo and Joe team could be fun)
For SEGA, multiple Phantasy Star teams (Classic, Online, and Universe), Comix Zone, Jet Grind Radio, Burning Rangers Panzer Dragoon, and Virtua Cop. Maybe House of the Dead too.
Dude, Comic Zone and Jet grind radio in a Project X Zone game would be such an out there choice, I love it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what features do you guys think 7.0.0 will include?
I hope that Little Mac finally gets some buffs. Even just give him back his aerial Side-B after getting hit.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
How about we combine Super Smash Bros. and Project X Zone into one game?
Maybe have a new protagonist lead the whole thing.
Could be a high-school kid with a classic sense of style. Letterman jacket, perhaps.
Give him a unique load-out. Something like weaponized game peripherals.

Do something like that, and then you'd have something.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This is like the same argument people had over why Reimu shouldn't be at the video game awards if she was picked.
Character from a small indie developer is not comparable to character from multimillion dollar corporation but okay

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just wish people would stop thinking of the Game Awards as this hugely important event.
Then you gotta hope that there's a Smash Direct announced tonight.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Character from a small indie developer is not comparable to character from multimillion dollar corporation but okay
K but the reasoning you originally used was basically "it makes complete sense because it would subvert expectations".

And now you want to justify the situation being different by falling back on conventional logic.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I can't believe that we live in a timeline where Falcom/NISA has decided to port Trails of Cold Steel 3 to the Switch (before even confirming a PC release) before Atlus has decided to port P5 to the Switch.

If you don't know Trails, it's a series of games that is very plot heavy (even compared to the likes of P5 and XC2). All the games are continuous, so it makes 0 sense to port over Cold Steel 3 before any of the other games, especially Cold Steel 1 and 2.

That said, maybe there is a decent chance that we get Falcom in the post-pass? There's like a 5% chance, but who knows.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Still very unlikely. I don't get how it makes sense. Both characters have 99% of their fanbases in Japan, so why would they reveal a character like that at TGA? Seems like a bad marketing move.

It's more likely that Saber gets revealed at TGA, compared to either Reimu or Sakura. Because at least Saber has a huge fanbase in the West, even though her primary fanbase is in the East. And even then, I'd say Saber is unlikely to be revealed at TGA.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
People acting like Nintendo cares about what western fans think about niche titles when DQXI S was getting top billing level of support from all their Directs and E3 events.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wolf is my favorite of the Star Fox fighters. A fundamentally good all-rounder.
any star fox fighter added after melee can't hiyaaah. all they know is combos, be combo food, have bad recovery, use godlike bair, and kill off the top absurdly early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom