• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Who hurt you?
I said I was just being blunt. I'm usually very open-minded when it comes to media I enjoy but I can't even enjoy Senran Kagura as a guilty pleasure, it's all guilt and no pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Neo_Politan_(BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle,_Character_Select_Artwork).png
If you want a female fighter, I got your female fighter right here.

(this post has been brought to you by me just wanting a chance to bring up how fun neo is in bbtag)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Notice how nobody's saying Sol's out. We Blazing baby
Mankind knew that they cannot change Sakurai's roster
So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the weebs
But they found beauty in the lives of weebs
And couldn't lie to themselves about it

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Whoever FP5 is, I have the feeling the character is going to be subject to loads of memes because of this whole brouhaha with other characters being shot down left and right.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
HMMM, pretty SUSPICIOUS how Vergeben has YET to deconfirm JAMES BOND

And no one has hit Heihachi with the banhammer yet either, nor Phoenix, nor 2B. Let's goooo

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Whoever FP5 is, I have the feeling the character is going to be subject to loads of memes because of this whole brouhaha with other characters being shot down left and right.
this is how we get fanart of frogger standing atop a pile of corpses

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly, I can't see #5 being anyone other than Layton or Dark Souls.

I'm feeling Layton personally for reasons I mentioned yesterday but Dark Souls makes a lot of sense as well. It kinda falls in a simlar realm as Persona, a semi-big franchise that Sakurai really likes. Plus with the FP being the planned end of DLC, it would make sense for Bandai-Namco to get the last character given their work on Smash 4/Ultimate. Almost as the "Ultimate" thank you to them.

That and of course, the missing Mii Costumes from Bandy.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Assuming they'd pick the same character BlazeBlue Cross Tag Battle Did, I wouldn't want a Senren Kagura character either. It's not just the fact that the game seems to exist for people to oggle the characters, but Yumi's design urks me so much. What kind of shinobi wears a freaking pure white outfit that would probably fall off if you raised your arms.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So fighter #5 is not:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Hayabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Gordon Freeman
  • And now Dante
We keep getting deconfirmations for this slot left and right as soon as we have an apparent frontrunner due to a recent event. This is still a process of elimination. Kinda reminds me of...

when the Phantom thieves were figuring out what Shido's Palace is after a long process of elimination.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If it were Senran Kagura, I wouldn't even be mad.
Not my pick on the waifu/weeb side of things, but ridiculous enough I'd still smile.

Want THE iDOLM@STER (and Touhou), half-expect Neptunia.
Senran Kagura is sitting with Gal*Gun in my "They could, but never would" basket.

I know theories are pretty much stupid and looking into things that aren't there, but from what I've seen with 4 out of the 5 Fighter's Pass characters:

-They're all 3rd party.
-They debuted in a series that started before the 2000s(aka Legacy Series)
-Their respective series each debuted on a different console(Persona: PS1, Dragon Quest: NES, Banjo: N64, Terry: Neo-Geo)

Two of Namco's series fits the criteria above pretty well(Tales: 1995: SNES, Tekken: 1994: Arcade).
Splatterhouse - 1988 (Arcade)
Babylonian Castle Saga - 1984 (Arcade)
Soul Edge/Calibur - 1995 (Arcade)
Time Crisis - 1995 (Arcade)
Digimon - 1997 (Digital Pet)
Ridge Racer - 1993 (Arcade)
Super Robot Wars - 1991 (Game Boy)
etc...

I'd say the choice is obvious...
Let's go, Super Robot Wars!

(But seriously, if we don't get THE iDOLM@STER, let's go, Super Robot Wars!)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay real talk the lack of any Namco disconfirmations is suspicious

Like isn’t it weird insiders have said nothing about any of them considering quite a few have been heavily rumored?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

I'm feeling Layton personally for reasons I mentioned yesterday but Dark Souls makes a lot of sense as well. It kinda falls in a simlar realm as Persona, a semi-big franchise that Sakurai really likes. Plus with the FP being the planned end of DLC, it would make sense for Bandai-Namco to get the last character given their work on Smash 4/Ultimate. Almost as the "Ultimate" thank you to them.

i'd honestly be pretty surprised at layton given that he's not a particularly earth-shattering or highly-requested pick and his own games have more or less come to an end, as much as i'd be very okay with him

dark souls though i think is very likely--**** defined an entire subgenre of games over the past decade

D

Deleted member

Just gonna throw this out and say that the reason the characters y'all are talking about haven't been deconfirmed for fighter 5 yet might be because there have been no rumors worthwhile enough that insiders feel like they need to come out and say it outright.
Just a hunch but y'know

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna throw this out and say that the reason the characters y'all are talking about haven't been deconfirmed for fighter 5 yet might be because there have been no rumors worthwhile enough that insiders feel like they need to come out and say it outright.
Just a hunch but y'know
Then what made the unverified Dante rumor worthwhile? I still don’t know what the source of that was other than Sabi saying he was being discussed.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
At this point I'm just waiting for the additional DLC speculation to start.

D

Deleted member

Then what made the unverified Dante rumor worthwhile? I still don’t know what the source of that was other than Sabi saying he was being discussed.
Maybe because it was coming straight from the mouth of one of the bigger leakers in the scene and they wanted to clarify what they meant?

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I said I was just being blunt. I'm usually very open-minded when it comes to media I enjoy but I can't even enjoy Senran Kagura as a guilty pleasure, it's all guilt and no pleasure.
I am unfazed by naked women because that's mundane af to me, but you can disable it, bruh. The brief instances of fanservice are the least important aspect of the games. I'm guessing you strongly oppose Mortal Kombat?

It wouldn't matter in Super Smash anyway.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

It’s not like Professor Layton isn’t a big series in the west, but I don’t think it would go over at TGA like others would.

Dark Souls though? Oh yeah. That could totally be it.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Phoenix lads are in the house!

I'm still believing in Steve as FP5 for reasons I already explained :
  • Sakurai bias (he stated he likes Minecraft),
  • small inside Smash fanbase but big outside (to close the FP, it's logical, since Smash fans already bought the FP for the most, and it can bring new players to buy the base game),
  • Microsoft, a western company, has already been in for negociations thus a good opportunity to continue with them,
  • previous "leaks" during the base game about Minecraft content that never got hardly disconfirmed

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So fighter #5 is not:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Hayabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Gordon Freeman
  • And now Dante
We keep getting deconfirmations for this slot left and right as soon as we have an apparent frontrunner due to a recent event. This is still a process of elimination. Kinda reminds me of...

when the Phantom thieves were figuring out what Shido's Palace is after a long process of elimination.
I look forward to Phoenix Wright, Lloyd, Heihachi or an Resident Evil rep being the next victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom