• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia Game Signups | Newcomer Information [New to dGames? Come Here First]

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I can see it now.

CanadianMafia has a Roleblocker. He stops people from using their powers by covering them in maple syrup so they get all sticky.

USATown has a vigilante. He's just some dude from Texas.

USATown also has a "jailer". He's actually a doctor, but because we don't have free healthcare in the US, he takes your power from you for the night as payment.

Feel free to steal this **** for your game, Ryu, because it's ****ing golden.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Never mind it's a straight open set-up

1 Miller (Uninformed)
1 Bodyguard
1 Cop
4 VT
1 Godfather
1 Goon

There will be flavor in role PMs.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
an uninformed miller in a newbie?

That cop is basically only looking for one man in the whole setup, the Mafia Goon, and you've got a miller in there messing with him. Add to that a Godfather, and that poor cop is getting lied to about all kinds of important stuff. Nothing he learns is reliable. That's awfully mean to the poor newbies.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
add more fuel to the gheb v PJB fire.
it's to nerf the cop itself. Nothing to the newbies, but this way it more so prevents follow the cop strategies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I hate Cops but Ryu's setup is pretty much the best way to use it without being broken.

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
But there's no doctor. If the Cop starts announcing his results to rally the town behind him, he'll get killed. That Bodyguard can only save him the one time.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
having both a Miller (who doesn't know he's a miller, that's borderline bastardmod stuff all by itself) and a Godfather basically makes the cop insane. He has no reason to trust anything about his results.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
add more fuel to the gheb v PJB fire.
it's to nerf the cop itself. Nothing to the newbies, but this way it more so prevents follow the cop strategies.
This,a lot.

I know that's the idea, which is why I'm saying there's no need to take other measures to avoid "follow the cop".
I will never make a Doc/Cop set-up without something to mess with it really really dang hard. Doc cop is a stupid combo because not just follow the cop but it 's not skill intensive and doesn't help players learn.

Teach them good set-up design and gameplay and they will learn from it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
having both a Miller (who doesn't know he's a miller, that's borderline *******mod stuff all by itself) and a Godfather basically makes the cop insane. He has no reason to trust anything about his results.
Lynch the godfather, you know mafia is one of the guilties, lynch the goon you know godfather is in the VTs and there is one miller who will clear himself.

Claim early and you get one more result before your demise to mafia nks.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm not saying you should have a doc/cop combo and allow follow the cop bull****. I'm saying you shouldn't have townies be millers without knowing about it. Especially a newbie.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
At the very least, knowing you're the miller lets you know not to draw the kind of attention that requires investigation. It's info about your own role that can, and should, affect the way you play, but you can't change your play cuz you don't even know.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I agree with the setup being fine.

It's open, so there being an uninformed miller is okay because the 5 VTs KNOW that one of them is actually a miller. I actually quite like the setup.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
honestly, I think you could go into a regular queue game Pawn. You've got all the basics down, you just need the practice now.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
I leapt right into the normal queue after one game(as scum). I was in over my head a bit, but it's prolly the best way to learn.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I probably could, but I want to actually succeed at something as town before I play a legit game.
this is what I thought too, but I can tell you right now that it's much easier to improve outside of the newbie scene. Newbies behave way differently from seasoned players, so figuring out how to read newbies won't help you later. Just dive into the regular queue, you'll improve faster.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
this is what I thought too, but I can tell you right now that it's much easier to improve outside of the newbie scene. Newbies behave way differently from seasoned players, so figuring out how to read newbies won't help you later. Just dive into the regular queue, you'll improve faster.

Exactly. Playing several newbie games until you think you're half decent is the same as trying to get good at an FPS by repeatedly playing against CPUs

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's a pretty bad example. The AI on Veteran for CoD are much much tougher than the randoms in multiplayer.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
That's a pretty bad example. The AI on Veteran for CoD are much much tougher than the randoms in multiplayer.

But that's veteran difficulty. I'm talking about when first starting out, which means that you wouldn't be playing against veteran AI.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I probably could, but I want to actually succeed at something as town before I play a legit game.

You have to experience being lynched by... wait.... I just realized only ONE newbie's vote was on your lynch xDDDD

ok. I think you're ready to get lynched by non-newbies entirely.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
but yeah man join a regular game cuz it's like hazing you are REQUIRED BY LAW to join

but it's fine to join another newb tho I played more than one newb but then you can't play anymore after this man

you gotta go out into the wild

YOU KNOW WHAT

play one regular and one newb

I CHALLENGE YOU PAWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom