• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia Game Signups | Newcomer Information [New to dGames? Come Here First]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I feel like newbies should be for people who haven't played before but I can't actually enforce anything. It's mod discretion.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/in newbie
:green:

/ LOADING: NEWBIE MAFIA 23...

/ PLAYERLIST

1. LoliLovesRain
  2. TyranitarPhantom
  3. BadWolf28738
  4. Monstmrna
  5. STEM
  6. Vinyl.
  7. ...
  8. ...(IC)
  9. ...(IC)
Potential Replacements:
  1. ...

/in newbie 23
:stupidfox:
I was about to stop doing newbies, but if it's kary hosting a mafia, then I'm down for one more.

Next other newbies will be me as ICs, but that'll have to wait another time.
Vinyl I am going to pencil you in to play, alright? If a newer player than you comes along before I start the game, I may let them take your place, but otherwise you're in. I can also put you down as a replacement if you're interested and do get bumped out of the lineup.

I feel like newbies should be for people who haven't played before but I can't actually enforce anything. It's mod discretion.
:cool:

As before, game likely to start in a week or so, when Newbie 22/MMZ finishes. Still tweaking my OP and writing role PMs so will not be starting that soon.

If you have any questions about the game, signups, or mafia in general, feel free to ask.

If you wanna ask people then I'd ask em soon or definitely before all the newbie slots fill
Recommend me someone? Also, you're down to co-mod?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll back-up IC if you need one. I have IC'd Once before and will try again. : P I'll do my best. : D

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ran I would be happy to have you as an IC, if you're up for it. I love your enthusiasm and I thought you did great as an IC before.

W.r.t. my early comments, I was thinking about asking some people, but to be honest it'd be great to see people who want to take part in the game, so yeah, if you're interested, let me know.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Sure I'm up for it! : D
Cool, cheers :)

Yeah I'm down to Co-mod
:cool:
What is IC?
Gova basically covered this, but an IC is an experienced player who takes part in a newbie game whilst also helping to explain how the game works; they show you the ropes as they play, and help explain mafia terms and situations.

Working on my role PMs tonight. That or sleeping. Can't decide.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
it stands for inexperiencly challenged (or something like that anyway) in case you were wondering

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
EE's in retirement, unless you wanna go harass him back.
~orbo

:phone:
I cannot even begin to explain how much that absolutely will not work. EE has pretty much retired for good.

If we're lucky, maybe he'll become a game reviewer or he'll host a game again over here sometime. But he's definitely done playing.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I know that circus. But i didn't phrase the...(not sarcasm, but that obvious 'He's not coming back!' kind of thing) right

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ah. Fair enough.

Still, it's best to be clear, I think. EE gets pestered enough about joining new mafia games. Wouldn't want Kary or anyone else unknowingly stepping into the lion's den and getting buttdevastated.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's a shame I only got to play with his town self once, who was vigged instantly ;-;.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
About how many games do you want the ICs to have completed?
That's irrelevant; it's my discretion.
And no.

Ah. Fair enough.

Still, it's best to be clear, I think. EE gets pestered enough about joining new mafia games. Wouldn't want Kary or anyone else unknowingly stepping into the lion's den and getting buttdevastated.
shamelessly bumping this in my quest for another IC

praying for someone like EE
Nah, but EE being gone is a shame.
EE is the ideal I aspire to in looking for my second IC; someone capable of capturing both sides of an argument and making a decision with reasoning to back it up. I'm not expecting him to step in and do it, and I'm sure as hell not going to ask him.

If I'm a ask someone, it'd be someone like J/Circus/Kata/Nabe... I dunno. Someone I can trust to not overwhelm the game but to be there when newbies need advice. It's not all that simple of a setup, it could do with someone to talk stuff through.

But I'm sure whatever happens it'll be golden. No hurry either.

I should be writing my role PMs :awesome:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
In newbie 23

does it usually take this long for a game to start? just wondering
I believe it's just because there are 2 newbie games already in progress so once one of them ends then Karys own will start. :)
While it's true that I don't plan to start this until one of the other Newbies finishes, we've been waiting on sign-ups; unless all the playerslots are filled we can't go ahead, and how quickly that happens has a lot to do with how busy people are/how many other games are running.

I'd say this'll be together within a week.

If you're reading this and you're interested in being an IC, now would be a good time to let me know.

Oh, and here you go:

[COLLAPSE="TEASER: SETUP"]
THE SETUP

/ FACTIONS

There are exactly two factions in this game, the Villains, who are the town faction in this game; and FOX, the mafia faction. Yes, the villains are town-aligned. This is counter-intuitive, I know.
Villains-aligned players (townies) will receive a role PM that looks something like this:

[COLLAPSE=SAMPLE ROLE PM]

JAILGUARD JOHNNY, Vanilla Villain

That’s right! You’re an all-round alright guy, it just happens to be your job to keep an eye on that pesky Snake. You’ve no particular beef with him, but if he gets past you you’re going to be in all sorts of trouble! Considering the amount of weird stuff going on around you, you just hope you’re up to the task.

You’re a vanilla villain and as such have no special powers. Your abilities in this game consist of your vote and your voice! Make the most of them!

Now as far as you know, Snake seems to be an alright kinda guy; but unfortunately it’s your job to stop him messing up whatever plans the higher-ups have going on. Maybe in another lifetime circumstances would be different!

You’re Villains aligned and win when all FOX members are eliminated. Good luck![/COLLAPSE]Hopefully that all makes sense. It is worth noting you do not have to be alive to achieve your win condition! Details of how to vote and when you can post can be found in the rules. The paragraphs in italics are flavour, which doesn’t affect the way the game works. I should also point out/confirm that Jailguard Johnny is not in this game :(

Players who are FOX (mafia) aligned also have the following traits/powers, typical to all mafia factions in any game:

[COLLAPSE=MAFIA ABILITIES]Mafia Night Kill:
Once per night, you or one of your mafia partners may PM me the command ‘Mafia Kill: PlayerZ’ and that player will die unless something prevents it.
If you PM me the mafia kill, it will be you that performs the kill. I will accept only the first mafia kill action I receive.

Mafia Communication:
Throughout the game, at any point while you are alive, you may talk with your mafia buddies in the following quicktopic: . I do not expect you to communicat...ve a result.[/LIST] [/COLLAPSE] [/COLLAPSE]

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
someone capable of capturing both sides of an argument and making a decision with reasoning to back it up.

Someone I can trust to not overwhelm the game but to be there when newbies need advice. It's not all that simple of a setup, it could do with someone to talk stuff through.
that eliminates me
:troll:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't talk about ongoing games, just a friendly reminder

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They are fine since they have different avatars. That's why it's good to have avi's lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom