• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 7! Canceled!

X1-12

Smash Champion

Was there supposed to be more to this post? If so, then what?

I quoted someone on my previous post, so i put that there incase anyone wanted to know which post I was quoting okay?

How were you expecting him to react? What do you think about the way he did react?
I was unsure about my expectations, but the fact he argued back seems town-ish, if he tried to divert it onto someone else I would have thought he was mafia-ish. I'm unsure about swiss at the mo but leaning towards him being mafia

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
I quoted someone on my previous post, so i put that there incase anyone wanted to know which post I was quoting okay?
I'm aware of that. I was referring to the fact that the post ends with the word "and," which makes it look like you were going to add more to it. Was there supposed to be more, or should I just consider it a typo?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@X1-12: About your set-up statements, your analysis was pretty intuitively obvious. But, the opening explicitly stated that the game would use one of the four set-ups...in the very section that describes those four set-ups. My question wasn't "what information can we learn from the set up?", but rather "why did you think the potential for it to be something else existed (which would have involved the mod lying to us)?".

X1-12 said:
I thought an agressive style is indicative of a player being mafia as there is less mafia and they are more panicked and want to remove the town and cause confusion fast
Why do you think that having less people on your team causes panic? How would being aggressive cause confusion, as compared to drawing attention to the aggressor?

I've been accused of being single-minded (and those accusations are correct), but wishy-washy? That suggests that I've been lacking conviction in my pursuits, which is decidedly opposite of what I've done so far. Why did you use that term? Which of my questions to Swiss in #120 were "wishy-washy" and why? Did you just notice that Swiss said that they were, and agreed without analyzing them? If so, why did you not try to find out why I asked what I did?

X1-12 said:
I don't think i was ever bouncing back and forth on opinions between you and swiss, I said you were being wishy washy because of what swiss said in post 121 some of the questions did seem to be just all over the place and unnecessary. I Don't think I ever attacked you but i voted swiss? how do you think i'm moving back and forth?

I'm unsure about swiss at the mo but leaning towards him being mafia
Calling a person's (Swiss) arguments against the case against them legitimate, then deciding that he is the best person to vote without a specific question or topic on which you are pressuring them is either really stupid and/or lacks thoughtfulness, or is blatantly contradictory, i.e. how Swiss acted. Put more simply, if his arguments are legit, why are you trying to lynch him/why do you think he is mafia?

Using your own thought process against you, if Swiss is town and you are mafia, then you may be emulating his contradictory stance taking while pushing for his lynch, then use that as a basis for why we should believe you are town when he flips that way. The strongest indicator that you were attempting this was the really forced way in which you made your cheeky, shameless, reaction garnering statement, especially since you were the person that pointed out that quality of your own statement virtually unprovoked (it was "in response" to something Swiss said that was completely unrelated).

I still am really disturbed by Swiss's play, but I'm still open to some room for doubt, if he actually bothers to answer/respond to my questions (if you really are town, *****ing and moaning about being pursued is a ****ty way to deal with it. Just answer questions truthfully). Right now, I'm interested in X1 as well as Guide.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm aware of that. I was referring to the fact that the post ends with the word "and," which makes it look like you were going to add more to it. Was there supposed to be more, or should I just consider it a typo?
oh typo, sorry if there was something else I was going to say I would have covered it in my later posts anyway

@X1-12: About your set-up statements, your analysis was pretty intuitively obvious. But, the opening explicitly stated that the game would use one of the four set-ups...in the very section that describes those four set-ups. My question wasn't "what information can we learn from the set up?", but rather "why did you think the potential for it to be something else existed (which would have involved the mod lying to us)?".
I asked just to ensure there was nothing I has missed, Someone near the start was talking about a godfather and I just wanted to make sure I was not left in the dark about certain things. Especially since all of the first post looked copypasta from a previous game I assume, just wanted to make sure nothing had changed

Why do you think that having less people on your team causes panic? How would being aggressive cause confusion, as compared to drawing attention to the aggressor?
Less people on your team means you will be scared and rushed right? and want to do everything fast. Aggressive play, by way of throwing around accusations, does create confusion, if suddenly people are all accusing different people of different things it does get a bit hectic, or confusing

I've been accused of being single-minded (and those accusations are correct), but wishy-washy? That suggests that I've been lacking conviction in my pursuits, which is decidedly opposite of what I've done so far. Why did you use that term? Which of my questions to Swiss in #120 were "wishy-washy" and why? Did you just notice that Swiss said that they were, and agreed without analyzing them? If so, why did you not try to find out why I asked what I did?
what seems to be randomly asking swiss questions about deadlus and kupo seems a bit like you were trying to dodge. Having re-read it I ask you this question: Why were you askign about deadlus and kupo?

Calling a person's (Swiss) arguments against the case against them legitimate, then deciding that he is the best person to vote without a specific question or topic on which you are pressuring them is either really stupid and/or lacks thoughtfulness, or is blatantly contradictory, i.e. how Swiss acted. Put more simply, if his arguments are legit, why are you trying to lynch him/why do you think he is mafia?
I said Swiss' arguments were FAIRLY LEGIT, not 100% foolproof or anything, I said I voted to pressure him, it was cheeky, I said that, all I wanted to see how he reacted? is it not 'correct play' merely to see how people respond to certain situations?

- please note capitals does not mean shouting, but not allowed to bold them so I used caps instead to make them stand out.

Using your own thought process against you, if Swiss is town and you are mafia, then you may be emulating his contradictory stance taking while pushing for his lynch, then use that as a basis for why we should believe you are town when he flips that way. The strongest indicator that you were attempting this was the really forced way in which you made your cheeky, shameless, reaction garnering statement, especially since you were the person that pointed out that quality of your own statement virtually unprovoked (it was "in response" to something Swiss said that was completely unrelated).
same as above:
is it not 'correct play' merely to see how people respond to certain situations?

I still am really disturbed by Swiss's play, but I'm still open to some room for doubt, if he actually bothers to answer/respond to my questions (if you really are town, *****ing and moaning about being pursued is a ****ty way to deal with it. Just answer questions truthfully). Right now, I'm interested in X1 as well as Guide.

Also can you answer my question from before:

I Don't think I ever attacked you but i voted swiss? how do you think i'm moving back and forth?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Cello
@Vult: About Swiss's defensiveness, don't you think he ignored offense against me?
No, he didn't. He had you/Isu locked in his sights the whole time his was defending himself.

I think Riddle is just legitimately an idiot
Disagree. His jump on you looks more like an easy opportunity to jump on you. More likely "scum" than "idiot".

Also, no, people don't necessarily move their votes when more evidence appears, they'll sometimes do it in order to apply pressure and acquire information.
That's true. Sometimes. I think the former is more common at the game's start.

At the very least, it is for me.

At any rate, I trust May and her opinions.
Where did this come from?! o_O

About Riddle, look at him. He's voted for me and called me the play for the day in a rather cavalier manner with nothing backing him up.
He has evidence. But it's really WIFOM-ish and anot very good.

I asked you because you seemed to be the best overall option for the job, in terms of judging you based on you reacted as well as getting it done (May is actually better on this end, I think, due to the person involved, but I already trust her).
Hmmmm.

Isu
Mind elaborating on this?
Why ask Daedalus?

If you were more interested in seeing the question answered to get another opinion in, you would've asked someone who's active.

If you were interested in just seeing Daedalus post at all, you wouldn't have needed to ask something so specific. Just something like "@Mod: Could he be prodded?" would've sufficed.

So it smells of ulterior motive to me.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
X1-12 looking like a good play too.

Swiss looking town, but I dislike how he's unwilling to cooperate/is being snarky just because he got himself in a bad spot.

I like what Vult said about Riddle, although it doesn't just apply to Riddle but pretty much everyone voting Cello sans Swiss, whose vote reeks majorly of a towny OMGUS in the way the argument has formed and played out.

Cello-chans, how come you never question me? t.t I read your posts of blocks without ever seeing a question. Ever. t.t

Riddle, willing to present a case on Cello (there isn't one, so good luck) or are you going to ride on the backbones of "the quicklynch"?

Also people who are saying Cello is a good candidate for wanting to quicklynch; that's not enough. Frankly. If anything you should be looking at what he's saying and doing and saying "Hey this is scummy. This doesn't make sense." I think that's where we'll find scum.

Riddle

Smash Lord
cello_marl said:
I think Riddle is just legitimately an idiot
Because I think your the play? I know I don't have any support, but I think your haste to lynch Swiss was genuinely a scummy move. You seem to be trying really hard to manipulate town and I think chances are high that you are scum.

Also, personal attacks are dumb.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle, willing to present a case on Cello (there isn't one, so good luck) or are you going to ride on the backbones of "the quicklynch"?

Also people who are saying Cello is a good candidate for wanting to quicklynch; that's not enough. Frankly. If anything you should be looking at what he's saying and doing and saying "Hey this is scummy. This doesn't make sense." I think that's where we'll find scum.
I think its scummy. And since when am I riding on the backbones of it. I brought it up first.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because I think your the play? I know I don't have any support, but I think your haste to lynch Swiss was genuinely a scummy move. You seem to be trying really hard to manipulate town and I think chances are high that you are scum.

Also, personal attacks are dumb.
Widdle Riddle do you have a case on Cello besides this? Can you point out actual flaws in his argument against Swiss? What about Swiss? What do you think of him? If Cello isn't the lynch for toDay who else would you pick?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I also disagree with 'cases' as you put it, since I believe they rarely find scum. The best way to catch scum is to find a contradiction or a scumtell and then pressure someone until they crack. Thats not going to happen with cello though D:

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mayling: I haven't asked you anything because you've made your positions clear to me through your posts. I don't yet share your conviction of Swiss=town, but I can see why you feel that way, after a re-think, and I admit I'm coming around to it. What do you think of a lynch queue of X1-12, then Guide, then Riddle, then Swiss, and getting the town to agree as a whole to doctors choosing his/her protect from the 5 not mentioned, and cops investigating the people in the lynch queue? That way, mafia has to kill in a group consisting of people more likely to be doc-protected if they don't want to kill our lynch queue for us, and cops can clear or convict people in said lynch queue. The only way this really hurts us is if it's the 7 vanilla/1 roleblocker/1 goon set-up, and even then, I'd be confident enough in the lynch choices to go ahead with it.

Actually, there is one thing; what do you think of Vult now as whole?

@Vult: About your position on Isuyaru's "ulterior motives", I don't think you're on the right track. While I do believe he did have an ulterior motive, I believe that it was not malign. Getting some random person's answer wasn't his goal. Rather, I think he was trying to draw Daedelus's slot (now X1-12) into the game. The best way to do that was by involving that person into the current topic in such a way that that person's statements will be fresh and adulterated by other people's sentiments on those subjects (a problem which often results in people simply calling each other parrots); Isu did that admirably (so did May, but Daedelus just didn't respond [not that he technically responded to Isu, either]. If Isu had simply asked for a prod (keeping in mind that Daedelus is a newbie [something I keep forgetting about Isuyaru, to be honest], then Daedelus may have had more difficulty actually entering the flow of conversation, whether due to shyness or a believed ignorance of the proper way to accomplish that.

About my trusting Mayling, at several points she has made statements or asked questions that I had intended to. I take that as a very strong town sign; the same questions occurred to each of us independently, which shows that we were interested in acquiring the same information. She's just more tactful than I am.

Vult said:
No, he didn't. He had you/Isu locked in his sights the whole time his was defending himself.
While it is true that he counter-tunneled me, he did not do so while providing anything new. Comparing my efforts against him to mine, I poked and prodded at his statements and beliefs continually, whereas he simply said he couldn't see a townie wanting a quicklynch

Cello said:
...people don't necessarily move their votes when more evidence appears, they'll sometimes do it in order to apply pressure and acquire information.
Vult_Redux said:
That's true. Sometimes. I think the former is more common at the game's start. At the very least, it is for me.
Wait. "The former is more common"? In my experience, people vote for pressure more often than "evidence" early on in the game, rather than the reverse that you suggest. Also, when you say "it is for me", did you mean that you tend to vote for people early on based on new evidence compared to pressure, or that that is more often the case in games that you play?

In all honesty, this isn't really that important right now, but I don't have any other avenue in which to speak with Vult, and this statement piqued my interest enough to inquiry about it.

@X1-12: First and foremost, regardless of your faction, you have got to stop skimming over information. Not only was the whole "godfather" bit addressed by the person who originally made that statement (he was making a reference to a previous game and said he was a aware a godfather wasn't in the game), but I've already addressed your question about Daedelus/you and Writer Kupo. This town has to work as a whole together; not being interested in whether or not other players can even understand what you are doing is innately anti-town. It runs counter to the point of this game; understanding each others' intent so we can find out those that are trying to accomplish a different goal from the majority.

X1-12 said:
is it not 'correct play' merely to see how people respond to certain situations?
This is exactly what Swiss said he was doing. Why do you find his explanations only "fairly legit" (now, at least. You're original wording was simply "legit", making you, ironically, wishy-washy), and as such leaned toward considering him mafia, and then turn around and do exactly what he did? This is compounded by the fact that you said Swiss's style was "oddly very forward [implied: aggressive]" and that you believe aggression is scummy, and yet you emulated him.

There is no set, standardized "correct play". However, these sorts of inferred contradictions that X1-12 has made tend to indicate scum play. Also, when a person chooses to make a statement/question/comment is just as important as what he/she has to say.

X1-12 said:
I Don't think I ever attacked you but i voted swiss? how do you think i'm moving back and forth?
It's pretty obvious that's what you've been doing to anything that has a pulse. First, you vote Swiss for ******** reasons, then switch around and call me wishy-washy (attacking a person's beliefs is attacking that person) and say Swiss's arguments are "legit". I would have been wrong if you had dropped it here (I had originally assumed you agreed with me), since you explained that you thought aggression = scum (which it doesn't), but then you kept pushing against Swiss for "pressure". But, that pressure is meaningless. If you are dead-set on believing he is scum from his former aggression, then nothing could persuade you otherwise, which means your pressure-claim is a ruse. If you've forgiven his aggression, then you have no reason to continue to pressure/vote-to-lynch him since his arguments are legitimate.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also disagree with 'cases' as you put it, since I believe they rarely find scum. The best way to catch scum is to find a contradiction or a scumtell and then pressure someone until they crack. Thats not going to happen with cello though D:
How is it a contradiction?
How is it a scumtell?
You're hardly pressuring Cello if you find this the best way to crack scum.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Widdle Riddle do you have a case on Cello besides this? Can you point out actual flaws in his argument against Swiss? What about Swiss? What do you think of him? If Cello isn't the lynch for toDay who else would you pick?
No I don't. I'm not even trying to pretend that I do. I am getting a definite town read from Swiss. I've just seen too many situations when (dumb) gambitting town gets lynched.

If Cello isn't the lynch today I would most likely pick X1-12.

Riddle

Smash Lord
How is it a contradiction?
How is it a scumtell?
You're hardly pressuring Cello if you find this the best way to crack scum.
Its not a contradiction at all, but being expressly okay with a quicklynch is a scumtell. At least I think it is. And no, cello isn't being pressured because noone else thinks hes scummy.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Its not a contradiction at all, but being expressly okay with a quicklynch is a scumtell. At least I think it is. And no, cello isn't being pressured because noone else thinks hes scummy.
Why aren't you pressuring Cello if you find him scummy? If you are town and you find someone to be scum, it's your job as town to convince us said person needs to be lynched. If Cello is scum and runs gambit on the entire town, you can't rightly say "I told you so" if you are not being productive to help serving his lynch.

How is expressly okay with a quicklynch, when backed with information, a case, and reasoning a scumtell to you?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Mayling: I haven't asked you anything because you've made your positions clear to me through your posts. I don't yet share your conviction of Swiss=town, but I can see why you feel that way, after a re-think, and I admit I'm coming around to it. What do you think of a lynch queue of X1-12, then Guide, then Riddle, then Swiss, and getting the town to agree as a whole to doctors choosing his/her protect from the 5 not mentioned, and cops investigating the people in the lynch queue? That way, mafia has to kill in a group consisting of people more likely to be doc-protected if they don't want to kill our lynch queue for us, and cops can clear or convict people in said lynch queue. The only way this really hurts us is if it's the 7 vanilla/1 roleblocker/1 goon set-up, and even then, I'd be confident enough in the lynch choices to go ahead with it.

Actually, there is one thing; what do you think of Vult now as whole?
I find an open lynch queue like that to be fairly dangerous. However, I like your addition of "the scum has to select from a pool of possible doctor protects" which gambles heavily with them losing their night kill, and would aid town. Anyway, at this point, it's not like we haven't made it obvious these are the people we are finding most suspicious anyway, and are most likely that scum would not kill. In this case of "Doctor protect this pool, Cop investigate that pool" I can see it working. Although without this setup, I would have found that a dangerous and bad play.

Typically I hate getting a read on Vult, as I noticed that he typically doesn't like to answer questions but ask tons of them. I am not accusing him of doing that this game, but I will certainly do a reread and see what I think.

X1-12 said:
I said Swiss' arguments were FAIRLY LEGIT, not 100% foolproof or anything, I said I voted to pressure him, it was cheeky, I said that, all I wanted to see how he reacted? is it not 'correct play' merely to see how people respond to certain situations?

- please note capitals does not mean shouting, but not allowed to bold them so I used caps instead to make them stand out.
X1-12, where did you read you could not use bold?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Why aren't you pressuring Cello if you find him scummy? If you are town and you find someone to be scum, it's your job as town to convince us said person needs to be lynched. If Cello is scum and runs gambit on the entire town, you can't rightly say "I told you so" if you are not being productive to help serving his lynch.

How is expressly okay with a quicklynch, when backed with information, a case, and reasoning a scumtell to you?
Because quicklynches are scummy. The faster the lynch the less info town gets. He had reasoning for a lynch but definitely not for a QUICKlynch.

How am I supposed to pressure him with this little credibility?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@May: I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't aware that redirectors and other target-mucking roles didn't exist. Also, Vult being in both pools or even just the cop-investigate pool is fine by me.

@Riddle: I find your views to be idiotic because you speak in terms of absolutes, and when you don't, you still mindlessly follow your own misguided views of probability. "Being OK with quicklynching is a scumtell", "'Controlling' other players and telling them what to do is scummy", "Cases rarely find scum, so that means they are automatically wrong", "Dumb townies gambit and get lynched, so a dumb gambit-using player is town", "Pressure is only useful when the whole town agrees to do it", "It's everyone else's fault as long as I give a name if I'm right/I don't have to do jack-****". These are all extrapolations and/or examples of your beliefs, and if you follow them religiously, you'll doom many a town. If you must use them, use them a guideline, not a technical manual.

However, I do think that the fact that you backed off from Swiss helps indicate you are town. If you were scum along with him, you'd have viewed that as too obvious of a scum move, and if he we were town, then you'd be more interested in keeping that lynch option open since you don't have the skill to push a mislynch on anyone when the groundwork has already been laid for you.

This is related to the information I was looking for from page 1; how much guile does Riddle possess? "How would Riddle react to an easy lynch target if that person ends up being town" is an excellent gauge for that, and based on the very straightforward manner in which Riddle plays, I don't believe he has the guile to say May had a "3/4ths chance to be town" as a scum player. Of course, we don't know with certainty that Swiss is town (I for one still doubt), but the foundation has already been laid; all that remains is to build the house.

Unlike my other Cello-chan checks, in which I have generally dispensed universal advice I think would be useful regardless of playstyle, this is a specific example of what I look for and what I think about when I play.

If you want to discern my alignment, look at my actions so far. If you want to frame me as scum, try to find scummy intentions in my works and point them out, asking questions for clarifications when you fail to understand. In the meantime, if you really are fine with an X1-12 lynch, put your vote on him.

Sidenote: The reason I added you (Riddle) to the proposed lynch-queue despite my belief that you are town was that you are a compromise-lynch for Mayling. You won't be missed, I assure you.

Purple

Hi guys!
@Mod: I believe you missed Vult's latest vote, in post 154
He quoted a vote

Who will survive...

Votes

Cello_Marl ($$)*The_Guide, Riddle
Vult Redux ()*
Mayling ()*
The_Guide ($$$) *Mayling, Isuyaru, Swiss
X1-12 ()*
Isuyaru()*
Swiss ($$)* Cello_Marl, X1-12
Riddle () *
Writer Kupo () *

Not Voting:Writer Kupo, Vult_Redux ($$)

It takes 5/9 to eliminate a player.
Deadline: 06/18/10 8:00pm EST

...the liar game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@X1-12: First and foremost, regardless of your faction, you have got to stop skimming over information. Not only was the whole "godfather" bit addressed by the person who originally made that statement (he was making a reference to a previous game and said he was a aware a godfather wasn't in the game), but I've already addressed your question about Daedelus/you and Writer Kupo. This town has to work as a whole together; not being interested in whether or not other players can even understand what you are doing is innately anti-town. It runs counter to the point of this game; understanding each others' intent so we can find out those that are trying to accomplish a different goal from the majority.
underline: yet in this game there seems to have been forming two very different almost 'factions'. I am getting asked where I stand on cello vs swiss, which doesn't sound like a town working together, unless you think he is scum?

This is exactly what Swiss said he was doing. Why do you find his explanations only "fairly legit" (now, at least. You're original wording was simply "legit", making you, ironically, wishy-washy), and as such leaned toward considering him mafia, and then turn around and do exactly what he did? This is compounded by the fact that you said Swiss's style was "oddly very forward [implied: aggressive]" and that you believe aggression is scummy, and yet you emulated him.
I will stand and apologise about skimming a few things, I will avoid it in the future. but please read the next quote

Swiss arguements seem fairly legit
FAIRLY LEGIT - one post after I was asked about it. Did you skim that bit? how ironic. I never used the word legit without 'fairly' infront of it

I questioned his motives for choosing isu over others.. I did also briefly think that aggresive play suggests mafia-ship. but was corrected by swiss - with a fairly good explanation why - and thought about it and understood why it is not necessarily so. After that point, all i asked him about was why he chose one person out of all the others? I was not attacking his style, so I don't see where this contradiction comes from.

It's pretty obvious that's what you've been doing to anything that has a pulse. First, you vote Swiss for ******** reasons, then switch around and call me wishy-washy (attacking a person's beliefs is attacking that person) and say Swiss's arguments are "legit". I would have been wrong if you had dropped it here (I had originally assumed you agreed with me), since you explained that you thought aggression = scum (which it doesn't), but then you kept pushing against Swiss for "pressure". But, that pressure is meaningless. If you are dead-set on believing he is scum from his former aggression, then nothing could persuade you otherwise, which means your pressure-claim is a ruse. If you've forgiven his aggression, then you have no reason to continue to pressure/vote-to-lynch him since his arguments are legitimate.
I said I thought agression = scum, well actually thought that aggression suggested scum. I was corrected by swiss (with good reasons). at the moment i feel on its own it has no real weight, but if there is suggestions that the player is scum. then it holds a little weight (only a little though)

X1-12, where did you read you could not use bold?
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
although from your reaction I assume bold is okay

X1-12

Smash Champion
"Being OK with quicklynching is a scumtell", "'Controlling' other players and telling them what to do is scummy",

If you want to discern my alignment, look at my actions so far. If you want to frame me as scum, try to find scummy intentions in my works and point them out
Okay maybe the first two ARE only guidelines but you sound like you are trying to lynch me pretty fast here:
if you really are fine with an X1-12 lynch, put your vote on him.

Purple

Hi guys!
No need Vult, I merely overlooked it

Who will survive...

Votes

Vult Redux ()*
Mayling ()*
The_Guide ($$$$) *Mayling, Isuyaru, Swiss, Vult_redux
X1-12 ()*
Isuyaru()*
Swiss ($$)* Cello_Marl, X1-12
Riddle () *
Writer Kupo () *

Not Voting:Writer Kupo($)

It takes 5/9 to eliminate a player.
Deadline: 06/18/10 8:00pm EST

...the liar game.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
@Vult: About your position on Isuyaru's "ulterior motives", I don't think you're on the right track. While I do believe he did have an ulterior motive, I believe that it was not malign. Getting some random person's answer wasn't his goal. Rather, I think he was trying to draw Daedelus's slot (now X1-12) into the game. The best way to do that was by involving that person into the current topic in such a way that that person's statements will be fresh and adulterated by other people's sentiments on those subjects (a problem which often results in people simply calling each other parrots); Isu did that admirably (so did May, but Daedelus just didn't respond [not that he technically responded to Isu, either]. If Isu had simply asked for a prod (keeping in mind that Daedelus is a newbie [something I keep forgetting about Isuyaru, to be honest], then Daedelus may have had more difficulty actually entering the flow of conversation, whether due to shyness or a believed ignorance of the proper way to accomplish that.
This is nice and all, but I didn't want to hear it from you.

Way to blow that up. :ohwell:

About my trusting Mayling, at several points she has made statements or asked questions that I had intended to. I take that as a very strong town sign; the same questions occurred to each of us independently, which shows that we were interested in acquiring the same information. She's just more tactful than I am.
Which is nice and all, again.

But I'm asking more about why you declare it in the first place. No one's really talking about Mayling.

While it is true that he counter-tunneled me, he did not do so while providing anything new. Comparing my efforts against him to mine, I poked and prodded at his statements and beliefs continually, whereas he simply said he couldn't see a townie wanting a quicklynch
I think we've steered from the point. The only thing I'm saying about his offense is that it was there. He showed initiative to scumhunt (?) even while being on the defense.

Wait. "The former is more common"? In my experience, people vote for pressure more often than "evidence" early on in the game, rather than the reverse that you suggest. Also, when you say "it is for me", did you mean that you tend to vote for people early on based on new evidence compared to pressure, or that that is more often the case in games that you play?
In this game, for example, everyone crowded around the Swiss wagon at the start because that was where the most evidence lay.

I was referring to the former. Though in retrospect it didn't necessarily hold true in this game, where I did use my vote to pressure Mayling earlier when I though something she was fishy, despite no evidence being on her, because I wanted to make use of my vote without following the evidence [because that wouldn't been a Swiss hammer].

X1-12

Smash Champion
Weeeell

How do you feel about this quote [it refers to Swiss's defense of the wagon against him]?
I think its perfectly normal to not want to get lynched, defending yourself does not equate to town OR mafia in my eyes. No-one wants to get lynched as it puts their side at a disadvantage

X1-12

Smash Champion
okay Its late and misread that (really sorry - I'm not used to not being able to edit posts), it does seem that guide is pointing the finger unecessarily, however he could just be playing badly (by pointing the finger randomly), rather than being scum,

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
X1-12, what are your previous experiences with mafia? Please list all that apply. Real life, online, aim, etc. Thank you.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find it strange that you have reviewed the rules enough to understand that no code or any sort is allowed (which I'm glad you have done so! :bee:) but had to question the mod about the setup in your first post when it clearly states:

This is an Open Set-up, where the game may be one of the following setups
Hence my questions towards you.

If you have a defense against this, I would like to hear it. Although I understand that it's an odd thing to defend against, and frankly I don't think you can.

However, it leads me to believe that you asked that question in your beginning post to either
1) appear newbie/clueless
or
2) tried to feebly use it against Swiss, as you use it rather in a lengthy discussion with him.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I find it strange that you have reviewed the rules enough to understand that no code or any sort is allowed (which I'm glad you have done so! :bee:) but had to question the mod about the setup in your first post when it clearly states:

Hence my questions towards you.

If you have a defense against this, I would like to hear it. Although I understand that it's an odd thing to defend against, and frankly I don't think you can.

However, it leads me to believe that you asked that question in your beginning post to either
1) appear newbie/clueless
or
2) tried to feebly use it against Swiss, as you use it rather in a lengthy discussion with him.
I just wanted to make sure, I wasn't trying to look like a newbie, infact I was, at the start, trying to look like I was used to playing mafia to avoid being ganged up on or something, But since you ask me I won't lie, and I feel since this IS the newbie Mafia I now feel its not a big deal to admit to.

There were also a few other things, for example having read the rules on request of the Mod, he said he would join me and send me my role when I had confirmed I had read the rules, I did not immediately send him the heart sign as in the rules I just read, it says to do that once you receive your role you reply with the heart. This isn't like a solid reason but its true it did cast doubt on some of the info on post #1

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: As of #164, my vote was on X1-12, not Swiss.

X1-12 said:
There were also a few other things, for example having read the rules on request of the Mod, he said he would join me and send me my role when I had confirmed I had read the rules, I did not immediately send him the heart sign as in the rules I just read, it says to do that once you receive your role you reply with the heart. This isn't like a solid reason but its true it did cast doubt on some of the info on post #1
The heart rule was relevant to confirmation, not replacement. Moreover, that doesn't really support your position. If you had asked earlier about whether or not we could bold, it would have supported your story. However, some rules you chose to believe (bold isn't allowed) and others you disbelieved/cast doubt upon (set-up of the game). Why was this? Also, the conversation with the mod that you alluded to must have taken place via private message or AIM since it did not take place here. Why did you choose to publicly announce those questions instead of asking privately, especially when you "weren't sure it was ok to ask"?

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Mod: As of #164, my vote was on X1-12, not Swiss.

The heart rule was relevant to confirmation, not replacement. Moreover, that doesn't really support your position. If you had asked earlier about whether or not we could bold, it would have supported your story. However, some rules you chose to believe (bold isn't allowed) and others you disbelieved/cast doubt upon (set-up of the game). Why was this? Also, the conversation with the mod that you alluded to must have taken place via private message or AIM since it did not take place here. Why did you choose to publicly announce those questions instead of asking privately, especially when you "weren't sure it was ok to ask"?
firstly all it says is 'ONCE role PMs have been sent', where does it say not for replacements? I never said it was a solid defence but its what happened. I also never cast doubt on OR disbelieved any rule, I asked for confirmation. Stop strawmanning

Also I just asked in public because I wanted to know and already halfway through a post, at the time I thought why bother posting then PMing the mod.

Oh, and one more thing, are you going to respond to anything in posts 182 and 183

Purple

Hi guys!
Who will survive...

Votes

Vult Redux ()*
Mayling ()*
The_Guide ($$$$) *Mayling, Isuyaru, Swiss, Vult_redux
X1-12 ($)*Cello_marl
Isuyaru()*
Swiss ()*
Riddle () *