• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 16/Homestuck Trolls Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha well thanks for claiming I guess Courier.

I can't figure who you tracked but could you give us your results? Your results are very important and give us a clear on someone that we can now assume is town and not have to worry about them.

I would guess Cilvyn?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Actually I tracked Soupa since I didn't like how controlling Ryker was while he played. I figured since this is a newbie mafia, one of the scum would be an IC since the newbie scum would need some guidance.

I guess you know what this implies as well :(

Orboknown

Smash Hero
So if the tracker claims,and the doc protects the tracker, what kerps the last mafia from just taking out other townies?

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

It's not necessary for one scum to be an IC and what you are beginning to dabble in is the WIFOM of what the Mod would do.

Hm well thank you for clearing up that slot for me. TBH, Ryker was leaning town for me but Soupamario was leaning scum for me so you fixed that up. ^^

Replace Soupa with Serin.

Town for me deffo: J/Courier/Soupa
Town leans: Orbo/Darkside
Null: Serin
Mafia lean: Cilvyn

@Orbo: Nothing really. ^^" Though although other town people may die, it's better for the all around purpose of town to keep Courier alive so we clear/condemn the other people in the player list.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I was thinking about it for the past few days, and thought about claiming because the doctor could just protect me and any night lynch on me would be wasted.

So with that said, I'm the tracker! Yay :)

Any guess as to who my track was? (Unfortunately I didn't get the scum otherwise I would have suicided and town would have won!!!)
ninja:-:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So if the tracker claims,and the doc protects the tracker, what kerps the last mafia from just taking out other townies?

Well sure the townies will still die, but you'll be sacrificing yourselves for me while I scan and hopefully find the scum resulting in the town's victory. This strategy is even more viable now that the roleblocker is not with us anymore.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Since we're all new and stuff to this... I suggest we not make any final vote (that results in a lynch) until we can all agree on somebody to scan?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
True enough, plus we all don't wanna push someone thinking they are scum and then they claim the doctor! Haha! xD

I'm keeping my vote on Cilvyn because I feel he is the most likely to pop up as Vinyl's buddy and he became the second scummiest person yesterDay.

What do you two make of Cilvyn/Serin?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh I thought you said lynch instead of scan!!! Wow I am tired. xD

Anyways, I think the person who don't lynch of Cilvyn/Serin should be tracked. Do you two agree to this notion?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I think it was Serin who refused to vote either way. Not necessarily a scum tell, but suspicious. Cilvyn only changed his vote when we said we wouldn't think of him as wishywashy. Scummy?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haven't read Cilvyn's posts yet but from what I can see from Serin he has no problem constantly switching votes (among those that are likely town). Add this to the fact that he didn't vote for the two bandwagons... Dark because well he's a liability and Vinyl because he is scum... that causes me to suspect Serin.

Lateee hopefully ^^^^ makes sense.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I find Serin just more a lack of not being here is troubling.

Cilvyn on the other hand made a big ordeal about him not changing his vote from Darkside to Vinyl and then decided to switch his vote after he tried to set somewhat of a safety net before he voted for Vinyl by making sure regardless of what happened, people would not suspect him for his flip onto Vinyl.

There was also something I noticed in the thread about Vinyl-Cilvyn connection possibly.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Can you quickly explain the connection again?

I've read this thread so many times but the posts just escape my brain >_>

Serin didn't post a lot so reading all his posts (by stalking his user profile) isn't too hard :p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
My change of vote after my statement is made.

More explanation: I don't care who gets lynched because they could both me scum from my point of view. I didn't saw anything suspecious in Vinyls posts, but this is better than 4 votes on me (which you all think at this moment). But I don't want you to think of me like I am totally random by changing my vote twice already.
This is on Cilvyn. Rather scummy post to me.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
heh.. Serins online and just posted something two minutes ago. Just a note.

To be fair this thread JUST reopened and he might believe the thread is still locked.

As for Cilvyn's post... I wasn't sure that Vinyl was scum either but luckily he ended up being a scum player. I am not sure what to think about the vote changing though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There has been too many random votes.
And now serin has made a change of decision to vote orbo for randomness?

Wouldn't that be a little scummy?
Here is a little point that makes me not think of Serin/Vinyl as the scum-team purely because of Vinyl trying to make some weak suspicion around Serin by asking it in the form of a question of "Wouldn't what player X be doing be scummy?" It doesn't feel like he is attacking his scum-mate with this post whereas with Cilvyn, Vinyl pretty much agreed with him.

I've only said that serin would have changed his vote quickly without even knowing who is scum.
But clearly ryker, you've been saying things that just might get a minor twist soon.

Unvote
Vote: Ryker
Here Vinyl just follows Cilvyn and does a quick back-step out of his Serin suspicion which seems to be he is cautious on his opinion of Serin and that he also supports Cilvyn which seems hap-hazardly.

Some things I dislike about Cilvyn were his attacks on Ryker and how he was almost airy with the way he was attacking him. His attack on Ryker wasn't precedented well and he tried to make it look like he was coming up with a good case against Ryker by saying "We should note where this is important." and threatening me from looking scummier by not answering questions. Cilvyn has also been ducking and dodging the threads and jumped on the Darkside wagon really quickly and dropped his Ryker vote without any mention to him or his replacement which makes it look like Cilvyn never really had a scum-read on Ryker but was trying to make it look like he was.

He didn't really explain his Ryker/Soupa suspicion that well.
He jumped on the Darkside bandwagon extremely quickly without any mention to his other scum-picks.
He made a really big deal out of his switch to Vinyl.

That's my main points against Cilvyn especially considering we know for a fact that Soupamario has essentially "flipped" town and Vinyl has definetely flipped scum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what some people may consider a case in Mafia. Basically it is taking the time to break-down why you find someone to be scummy by using posts and going into detail why you find someone scummy. It is really helpful in trying to get people to follow you onto your lynch choices and showing people what you are talking about.

This post is an example of a little in-depth case. There was also my mini-case against Vinyl which simply bulleted the points I found scummy against him.

I remember someone asking about what a case was and this is what it is basically. =P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Personally the chain of lynching feels like Cilvyn>Serin>Darkside and the game should be over unless Orbo is scum but I really doubt that from my PoV.

But we have enough time to lynch the following and do something like this.

D2: Lynch Cilvyn; Track Serin
N2: Soupamario NK *because he is cleared via Courier and Courier is protected by that secret Doctor*
D3: Lynch Darkside; Track Orboknown

That will give us either a flip via lynch or a guilty based on finding them visit the dead body. ^^

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay thanks!

Although one thing concerns me... what about you? Looking for others' opinion on J!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Very nice catch there Courier. *claps* (and somewhat Orbo, mini-claps for you)

Well that's a question you two should ask yourself. Am I town or scum to you? Do you think I could be Vinyl's scum-mate?

Plus setting up the tracker claiming+my plan would leave my in a really bad position come time.

Let's say I am scum and everything goes to my plan. That would leave Courier*or one of Courier's clears* with me or Orbo in a situation called LyLo. I would be doomed to be lynched since I'd be the only one not checked.

Does my plan work from a scum's PoV in your opinion?

~~~~
LyLo = Lynch or Lose. Basically lynch scum or town loses. =P
~~~~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yes, why shoulfn't we search you J?

To be logical, there is no reason why you guys shouldn't search me.

If you feel I should be looked into more, please feel free to push me even though I'm an IC or push that I should be tracked during the night.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That means we run into the sticky situation of actually scum-hunting and leaning on the town PR to do our work for us!

*gasp*

However, in order for Courier to die before that, the doctor would have to die toNight. Which means Courier can still give us a clear on one of Myself/Yourself/Serin/Darkside/Cilvyn depending on who we don't lynch.

Regardless of what happens to Courier, we should have enough info to figure things out.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So what do you two feel about the Cilvyn case?

It seems after I posted that semi-wall you two turned to looking at me. ;_;

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Here's a problem...

If doctor gets lynched today, I'm dead 100% guaranteed.

As for J, he does seem town to me although there are two things that come into mind...

First thing was... did J vote for Vinyl (first voter) to remove any suspicion on himself as a fellow scum? When more people decided to vote for Vinyl, would it have been a bad choice to withdraw the vote in fear of creating suspicion?

Second thing (though probably not valid) is going back to the train of thought that one of the scum is an IC. I guarantee Soupa is town (since my track didn't show anything, and somebody did in fact get lynched with the roleblocker having died that day).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We won't be lynching toDay without having the person claim in case they are the doc. =P

What usually happens before someone is lynched is that they are asked to claim beforehand than people would either proceed with the lynch or carry on with someone else.

Courier, the minimum you are living to is to N3 at least.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well they got me :(

I'm glad I was able to read through Vinyl and catch his scumness. Guys never trust ICs, they have a chance at being scum. Please follow up on cilvyn, that is my last wish.

Gl town! Do me proud and win! I wanna see if I called scum right of the start.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Alright, a couple of things i want to make clear.

I caught up on Ryker's attempt to seem shady yet insightful enough to survive, and i wanted to follow up on that same play to either

a) get a doc protect
b) seem like a PR
c) evidently be cleared somehow

It worked, but it wasn't my best way of doing it, and i would like newbies to understand this concept and that mafia is a game of deception, sometimes you can try these things and they may or may not work out.

Thankfully, this time it did.

I thought Vinyl was scum, so i was really happy to see him die, i accidently posted in the wrong thread about how i felt about Vinyl if that answers your lingering suspicion, J.

#HBC | ѕoup

ersonally the chain of lynching feels like Cilvyn>Serin>Darkside and the game should be over unless Orbo is scum but I really doubt that from my PoV.
Agree with J here, and i'm really proud of J picking up pace while i was gone.

#HBC | ѕoup

First thing was... did J vote for Vinyl (first voter) to remove any suspicion on himself as a fellow scum? When more people decided to vote for Vinyl, would it have been a bad choice to withdraw the vote in fear of creating suspicion?

Second thing (though probably not valid) is going back to the train of thought that one of the scum is an IC. I guarantee Soupa is town (since my track didn't show anything, and somebody did in fact get lynched with the roleblocker having died that day).
I wouldn't be concerned with small things like that, one IC isn't always scum, but i did suspect J for the longest time (hence why i said i agreed with Ryker). I might or might not, I need to correlate my thoughts and read this game; could you elaborate besides that moment of voting Vinyl that J may seem scum?

Top Bottom