• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 16/Homestuck Trolls Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Replace Soupa with Serin.

Town for me deffo: J/Courier/Soupa
Town leans: Orbo/Darkside
Null: Serin
Mafia lean: Cilvyn
Is this going to be Pulp Fiction again J? You're agreeing with me again.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soupamario said:
It worked, but it wasn't my best way of doing it, and i would like newbies to understand this concept and that mafia is a game of deception, sometimes you can try these things and they may or may not work out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do not listen to this statement at all. Town almost has no reason to deceive town and it is usually a terrible idea to follow through. This statement is not true and do not think Soupa's actions were actions that are good for you to try/do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soupa, you don't need to act like I'm following you and acting like you had this huge plan that worked because it's not that way at all. ~.~

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You don't understand, i did not have some genius plan, i was just trying to emulate Ryker's play because he already set himself up as trying to make himself a force in the game, along with his subtle hints of maybe PR maybe not.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@Soupa I actually have nothing else on J but in general I don't have too much to work with but just throwing the idea out there.

Let's get this party started then!

Vote: Cilvyn

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright so I think that's enough votes for now since he is at L-2 and we do not want another QL (Quick-lynch =P).

Cilvyn please claim within in your next post.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
A little curious here... what exactly can he claim (besides his role) and why should we believe what he says?

/newbie

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
He can claim that he is the doctor. After that, nothing much else.

@Orbo: Can you tell me how you knew about "safeclaims"?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
But again what would make us believe he is the doctor? The only thing I can imagine happening (if he is lying about being a doctor) is the other doctor claiming his role in which case there would be even more suspicion towards Cilvyn...

Considering he is being suspected by more than one player, nothing he says will really save him unless nobody else claims to be the doctor and Cilvyn does?

What is safeclaiming?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J, i've been reading mafia games since i signed up for this so i wasn't a complete noob. old finished mafia games have roles pms posted. that info includes safeclaims.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If he claims doctor and isn't CC'd (counter-claimed) than we won't lynch him and move on. However, if Cilvyn is counterclaimed, we would decide between Cilvyn or the claimer whom to lynch. If the person we lynch flips town doctor, we lynch the other person. If the person flips mafia, we win. There is no town benefit in fake-claiming against someone in this scenario.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Safe-claims are roles that the mafia can claim in order to save them from being lynched via claim alone. It's something to help the mafia faction against town.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm well...

1) He can claim to be the tracker although I'm not sure why :p
2) He could claim to be the doctor in which case there are two scenarios:

a) Another person counter-claims and I suppose we would lynch the more suspicious of the two (probably Cilvyn)

b) Nobody counter-claims and we assume for the meantime that he is really the doctor and lynch Serin.

3) He can claim to be a townie, but unless he gives some convincing reason on why he shouldn't be lynched, he will probably get lynched.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
So.. I think you have outstanding questions to answer. And it would be appreciated if you contributed toward a town victory.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
o-Serin-o
Courier
Orboknown (1) - MOD
Darkside
Cilvyn (3) - J, Courier, Orboknown
J
Soupamario

Not voting: o-Serin-o, Darkside, Cilvyn, Soupamario

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
Posts I based my post on

I find Serin just more a lack of not being here is troubling.

Cilvyn on the other hand made a big ordeal about him not changing his vote from Darkside to Vinyl and then decided to switch his vote after he tried to set somewhat of a safety net before he voted for Vinyl by making sure regardless of what happened, people would not suspect him for his flip onto Vinyl.

There was also something I noticed in the thread about Vinyl-Cilvyn connection possibly.

Personally the chain of lynching feels like Cilvyn>Serin>Darkside and the game should be over unless Orbo is scum but I really doubt that from my PoV.

But we have enough time to lynch the following and do something like this.

D2: Lynch Cilvyn; Track Serin
N2: Soupamario NK *because he is cleared via Courier and Courier is protected by that secret Doctor*
D3: Lynch Darkside; Track Orboknown

That will give us either a flip via lynch or a guilty based on finding them visit the dead body. ^^

Here's a problem...

If doctor gets lynched today, I'm dead 100% guaranteed.

3) He can claim to be a townie, but unless he gives some convincing reason on why he shouldn't be lynched, he will probably get lynched.

First of all, sorry for not being online last 2 days. I’ve been bussey with school and stuff.
I wasn’t really happy with Darkside to be scum. Because this way my statement of not wanting to switch worked against me. It was the only thing that would make me suspicious is that Vinyl would be scum. This happened.
I don’t want to act aggressive, but please notice that J is wagoning this game with a proposal of linches the next 2 days including making himself invulnerable because he is not on the list.
More on my case, I would never ask so much attention to my vote change if I knew that Vinyl was scum. If I was scum it would bring me a very risky position, which I wouldn’t want if so many people are voting on Vinyl. So the only explination that I can come up with is that I forgot the possibility that Vinyl could be scum, because all other scenario’s would make me too suspicious. I know that no-one of you would play this mindgame as well, if you were scum, because it is too risky to be worth it.
Because I would like to get rid of all the confusions, I will play open cards and claim no special role or whatsoever. I am a townie who just made a wrong choice which turned out pretty bad. I am sure my arguments can verify this.

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
About the Ryker case: I dont trust people who try to carry the wagon for their own victory. Therefore I attacked him as soon as I could, not to get him lynched (Then I would have put more effort in it and leave my first vote as it was: Ryker) but merely to make a point to the other players.
The same reason why I mention you in my post, J. , You are doing the same thing. I am dissapointed it turned out like this, for I only tried to open your eyes with tis Ryker case.
I am not saying we all should QL J. now as I never said about Ryker, I just don;t want the game to be carried by one person with the possibility he is scum and plays the townies out against eachother. I think you can all understand this.

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
I will read the last pages again this evening (its 17.09 here) I got work in half an hour afther that I can do some research about where I think i should stand.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The thing about your defense Cilvyn is that it is just an AtE (Appeal to Emotion) defense and it's all you are doing with it. AtE isn't scummy but it's your defense with you saying, "I just didn't think that Vinyl could be scum." as your outing.

You keep making jabs at me but don't go anywhere with it. I'm very curious to see where your head is at because I am still pretty comfortable with you lynch as it stands.

Can you tell your two biggest scum-picks? If you feel really strongly about one, I would urge you to make a case against them in order to try and convince town to lynch someone else rather than you. =D

@Orbo: Which of Cilvyn's points were good? Can you highlight what you are talking abut

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Him mentioning not to explicitly follow people who are forming wagon.

Other than that, he still seems scummy. Can we trust that (vanilla?) townie claim in his542.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You mentioned points so I thought there would be more than what you suggested. :sadface:

Orbo, I can't give you all the answers for you. Do you, yourself, believe we should trust his VT claim?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I don't think we should take it at face value. Scum would claim townie in face of pressure anyways.

And sorry J, but im not an overly complex guy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yes it did, that's why I didn't bring it up anymore. ;P I find it a little odd that you are looking for satisfaction.

Also scum can only claim VT at this point so yeah haha.

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
The thing about your defense Cilvyn is that it is just an AtE (Appeal to Emotion) defense and it's all you are doing with it. AtE isn't scummy but it's your defense with you saying, "I just didn't think that Vinyl could be scum." as your outing.

You keep making jabs at me but don't go anywhere with it. I'm very curious to see where your head is at because I am still pretty comfortable with you lynch as it stands.

Can you tell your two biggest scum-picks? If you feel really strongly about one, I would urge you to make a case against them in order to try and convince town to lynch someone else rather than you. =D

@Orbo: Which of Cilvyn's points were good? Can you highlight what you are talking abut
So you are saying my agruments are invalid just by saying the only thing that I do is AtE? that's rubbish.

I am not making jabs at you personaly, I think I have explained that enough already. I am just warning everyone to not jump on a wagon because the driver seems experienced and without even knowing he is scum or not. You cannot blame me for that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
People we not following me because of my experience though....? o.o

Also I didn't say that because your defense is invalid because of AtE, it's because you don't take any time to defend yourself with actual points but trying to get us to feel sorry for you. I didn't say that AtE was the only thing you did but it makes up the core reason of your argument as to why we shouldn't lynch you.

Cilvyn, can you please tell us your biggest scum-picks? =x That's the more important part of the quote you quoted.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ah sorry I've been super busy. I'll post once I have time to read over this thread.

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
I cannot answer that question. If we would make a case on it, the chance would be still too high it would be a vanilla townie and I can't affort that to happen again. I am just watching the people who try to lead the players to most to their advantage. At this moment that is you, though I am not saying you are scum, I'm only implying that it would be the worst case scenario if you were.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There is no one in the game you suspect of being mafia? o.o" That's kind of the point is trying to figure out that people are scum.

Is the action you are describing me doing scummy to you?

Why don't you try and make a case on myself to see what that does for ya? ^^

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
It does nothing for me at this point, because you have much stronger points to turn it back on me.

I love it by the way how you act like you are invulnerable, and I can't do **** against you.. and that worries me at the same time.

Top Bottom