• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Rake:
Does editing your confirmation post have anything to do with you reading your role pm, or did I misread that somehow?
I was under the impression that you edited your confirmation post after you read your role pm, is this correct?

Cheers.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Tell me about it :/

You ready to take down bowser's evil army and save Peach ?
Sure am!
VOTE: Sworddancer

Becuase this flavour amuses me to no End
...I assume this is you trying to be funny?
Sorry but LOL NO. Do not ever claim a PR unless you're cop and there's just one scum left. You will get NK'ed.
Ran covered this, but there are plenty of other situations in which you could claim.
@Everyone: What do you think of buddying? How does it apply as a tell in your pov? (Buddying is when two people buddy up, such as "Let's be friends" or alliances etc)
Depends on who's doing it and why. I buddied J and JD when i replaced into newb 17 because i was on the same page as them, where as J buddied me to **** me in the ***. :salt:

i think that if homesclice was scum that she wouldnt be talking as much and would be trying to keep a low profile.
Knowing this, wouldn't it make more sense for scum to be active? while running the risk of making more slips, you generally will be viewed better as an active scummy person than an inactive one of the same scumminess
*cracks knuckles*

No I haven't played as town before this, as scum I was ready to lynch whoever came in my way, but now I'm trying to scum-hunt it's just not as easy as I'd thought it would be.
because as scum you know who not to kill. I also find this a tad suspicious, like " haven't played town before till now what do?" to try and get a newb town pass.
Welp L-4 for Clover.
Vote: Clover
Please give a counter to his case.
why the quick jump?
Triple post of relevance : Now addressing all the posts that happened while I posted this
dude, just post a bunch of smaller posts instead of walls. i am so tempted to skim half your posts
So guys, what are current thoughts at this prior minute about J?
I like J. but that may change soon, depending on how the game progresses.

Hey J,we gonna be actual town bros this time?
@Everyone: If we lynch Homeslice toDay will anyone want to look into Benji for buddying her?
Maybe.
SO MANY FREAKING WALLS I am getting SICK OF THIS
I know right?
but then he gets very analytical and cold.
I think i can say confidently I know rake the best of everyone here, and he is naturally a cold and calculating person.
I guess I'll just wait for him until he pops up.
I popped up.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
btw ,@badwolf/clover

Please multiquote when you build cases/respond to someone, that way it will have the links in the quote to where you pulled it from and who you are responding to, making our lives easier to get reads on you. thanks.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
If someone posts another damn wall I swear I will sit here and just spam the thread with size 28 all caps nonsense poetry. I am seriously considering giving up on this thread and just riding my initial reads until endgame or my death.
Sorry about this Kary...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rebuttals

Within the bolded Wolf states that he has a town-read on Clover, yet let us take a look at the vote-count as of late:

Clover (3) - Ranmaru, Homeslice, BadWolf

What changed that? BadWolf was skeptical when Ranmaru was hinting at his Clover suspicion but the very next post that pops up after Ran's case from Wolf is this:
So I'm not allowed to act on suspicions? Ran (I think) is getting onto Clover for the exact opposite thing.

Wolf does not give any explanation whatsoever for his Clover jump-on and it just looks like he is trying to bandwagon onto the Clover wagon because of the fact that Ranmaru posted a case.
Refer to my #328.

"little mistakes"? Can you point these out and why would you excuse her for it when you are of the theory "trust no one, suspect everyone", because if someone is making a lot of mistakes in your eyes *even if they are little* shouldn't you be wary of them moreso?
Yeah I'm going to give her more leeway than others because this is her first game. If you're making newb mistakes I would be more suspicious. It's all about perspective here.

I also don't like the fact what you are saying with your Homeslice read because you basically created yourself a back-door in your read.
Ok so how's this? I have a null-scum on her. She's being scummy but not to the point of Clover.

I'm not really happy with this case J. You only have 3 quotes from me. The other parts you're pulling out your butt. Get some more/better evidence and I'll be happier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On to bigger and better things.

I also asked Wolfy to join, yet I didn't expect him to just vote when I posted the case. This was why I asked him to post what exactly he agreed with. Now, him joining me, doesn't tell me anything because he didn't give any opinion on Clover before hand. He just stated that since he hasn't played with him before, that he wouldn't have been able to come to a conclusion (earlier on). Now, I don't find his vote to be scummy, just unexpected. Again, it felt like he voted because he saw a case, instead of actually figuring out if the case had merit. (His reaction was, "Welp, he has a case, k vote: DIS GUY")
1. I said I already had suspicions on Clover.

2. Again refer to my #328

I'm just a really undecisive person, and I know that's bad. It seems like scummy activity to most people, but'cha gotta hear me out when I say that that's just who I am. So stop saying that over and over again (how I change my opinions) because that's honestly not scummy. That's just someone, yes, keeping their options open. Not for a back-door, but for finding all the possibilities and trying to not miss anything. Honestly, I'm not angry or anything at Rake for thinking I'm scummy, because form what he's said, anyone would follow him. But here's the thing. He's wrong. That's all I gotta say right now. I'm not saying this so you guys won't lynch me, I'm saying this because it's the truth.
This post gave me so many conflicting reads. She's saying sorry for being indecisive then goes on to say that she understands the case against her (towny). She doesn't give any evidence about why she isn't but rather says he's just wrong (scummy).

Rake may possibly be scum. I only say this because at first his posts seemed mellow/bro-ster like, but then he gets very analytical and cold. Now, that may be just because the game has started at a quick pace, but it almost feels like he's trying to find the littlest bit of dirt on me (like how I said he kept bringing up the same fact about me changing my opinions, even though that's just one accusation, he kept saying it), like he's Idk, nervous? That's a little bit of an extreme word. I'm still set on Clover and Rake being scum. NO FLIP-FLOPPIN' THIS TIME.
Granted no fiip-flop but also no evidence. Quotes are god here Homeslice. I don't put any weight behind your statements unless you give quotes.

That was a mistake on my part, but that's not scummy
If a mistake isn't scummy what is?

In this game, how much does prove your innocence? I figured that some would, some wouldn't. Interpretation can go many different ways. I was indeed being earnest. However, if that's not how you'd like to look at this, then that is your interpretation.
Scum can lie. Heck in 18 I claimed cop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grammer Fail

and it's

*Your scummier to me than Clover
No Rake you're wrong.

Your - possessive 2nd person
You're - you are
Question Time

@J: Why all the scum read on me then only 3 quotes?

@Home: Can you give some instances where Rake was scummy? Also can you give me a list of your reads right now? You've been switching them up so often it's hard to keep track.

@Hipster: You haven't been very active lately can you give me some reads?

@Rake: Would you be willing to get on the Clover wagon if I presented a good case against him?

@Clover: You're playing very vaguely, not touching on some subjects and smashing others. Can you give me some ideas of what's going on in your head?

@Kary: Please don't spam the thread. Walls happen.

@Benji: So inactive I've forgotten you were here. Can you give me some reads/posts/anything?
Stuff to point out.

Was that your plan all along, Master Rake (star Wars!), to make me set my mind to something?
I don't know but I feel AtE's in a lot of her posts. She seems to be trying to make friends with people right now and shying away from questions.

I'd be more inclined to think he's scum based on all the questions that he's asking people (as I mentioned in my #310) because it seems he's trying to divert attention from himself by doing so and by posting a case against you
So asking questions is scummy now?

I just skimmed the town meta he linked to in Newbie 17 and it seems like he asked a lot less of these @everyone questions there.
You're right in this aspect in 18 when he was my partner he asked a lot of questions directed at everyone.

Here's what I believe, if someone wasn't nervous, they'd be able to find a whole lot more evidence that just spitting out the same thing in different words. I feel like a scapegoat to him because what i've done is only post my opinions- even though I did not support them. That was a mistake on my part, but that's not scummy. Rake keeps bringing other people into the spotlight (except if I rmember correclty, Orbo) so I think that we should look into Rake more closely and also look into Orbo.
I agree with this, it's better to have a strong small case than a redundant large one.

He was on your scum list that you based on vibes.
Also correct, it's scummy to forget your scum reads.

also, Rake, i did read a lot of your post. i follow your opinion on badwolf. the evidence you showed has really increased my suspicions on him
Where did Rake give any evidence against me? I want posts.

because as scum you know who not to kill. I also find this a tad suspicious, like " haven't played town before till now what do?" to try and get a newb town pass.
I don't understand this. Can you please explain?

Whoops, forgot something...
UNVOTE: RAKE
What? Dude keep your vote on someone for more than just one day. Especially after this

Here, hehe...ALL JOKING ASIDE, NO MORE CHANGING AFTER THIS:
I don't like this. Scum gauge filling.

why the quick jump?
Not quick for the third time please refer to my #328. Thank you and have a nice day.

Please multiquote when you build cases/respond to someone, that way it will have the links in the quote to where you pulled it from and who you are responding to, making our lives easier to get reads on you. thanks.
No idea how to....

Ok so in the end I have 4 things:

1. Homeslice is getting scummy even within the time that I post.

2. J needs to get more evidence against me or get out.

3. Unvote

4. I will be V/LA for 3 to 10 tonight. it's Party time!

Allons-y~

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
OK THAT'S IT. IF YOU POST A WALL FROM NOW ON I'M JUST GOING TO SKIM IT. FAIR WARNING.

this game, so back and forth, so slow.
ALSO, IT WOULD BE DUMB, BECAUSE WALLS JUST SLOW US DOWN.

EVERYONE VOTE BADWOLF?
Defensive + Opportunistic + Walls
OR GIVE ME A REASON WHY HE'S TOWN

Orboknown

Smash Hero
^ This I like

and it's

*Your scummier to me than Clover
except it is you're.

Orbo, since you're here, Rake is scum Y/N?
Not seeing rake scum.
Sorry about this Kary...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rebuttals
I don't understand this. Can you please explain?
I get the feeling you're trying to pass yourself off as newb town with these subtle sort of comments.

No idea how to....
Hit the orange checkmark button you see on others posts, then when you get to the last you want to multiquote, hit the quote button not the multiquote button.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Walls are not scummy, Kary. ;P

And I just woke up to a lot of posts, goodness I will get to things but it seems the only thing I really have to respond to Wolfy.

I see Benji viewing and want more of his opinions.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary, you are telling everyone to vote Wolfy....but you haven't voted him yourself....sounds somewhat odd to do that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also, what happened to your Rake suspicion you have been dangling in front of Rake this entire game?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Orbo they're not.
But I want to be in this game and a) enjoy it b) still have hours left in the day.

But they can be dumb and anti-town (i.e. not helpful to the town), which I believe they are.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J you have one thing from me to respond to.

also, exactly how many players can I trust you to provide meta on.

@kary's ninja- thety can contian content, but i odn't see walls themselves as scummy. just tedious

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J you have one thing from me to respond to.

also, exactly how many players can I trust you to provide meta on.

@kary's ninja- thety can contain content, but i don't see walls themselves as scummy. just tedious

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm of the different philosophy that not-reading walls is anti-town because there is always info in them to find out. But I can understand just not wanting to because everyone gets lazy.

Meta is something I don't really play into that much but w.r.t. these people I don't have much meta on anyone but Ranmaru. I know a lot of the players IRL but we have never really played many games together IRL in which I was in because I was usually the mod.

Also to your town-bros thing, I would like to see you do more before I am more comfortable with being town-bros with you. ;P A bit too early at the moment and you don't have that much substance yet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, you are telling everyone to vote Wolfy....but you haven't voted him yourself....sounds somewhat odd to do that.
No, 'vote or explain' read doesn't equal 'vote'.
And I disagree that it sounds odd.
Besides, I haven't caught up yet because he just posted a huge WALL :mad:

Also, what happened to your Rake suspicion you have been dangling in front of Rake this entire game?
STILL totally there. Although I did admit I may just have been pressuring him, so I think he's probably not as afraid of my 1 vote anymore.

What did you think of his reaction to my vote on him? I.e. his attacks on my play etc., accusing me of buddying Vinyl?

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Okay Badwolf You're starting to get on my nerves.
ALL QUOTES FROM BADWOLF

"I have a null-scum read on her, she's being scummy but not to the point of clover"
"Scum Gauge Filling [Homeslice]"
Okay, wolf. You state that you have a null read on me, but then go on to say that my 'scum gauge is filling'? Stick to what your gut feeling is. If you think I'm scum, then just say it. i don't care if this is my first game.

"She doesn't give any evidence, but rather says that he's just wrong"
Sorry wolf, but you probably just skimmed my wall, huh? Only because it wasn't about you. I do say he was wrong in accusing me of being scummy. Here's your problem- you're just reading words and pointing out the obvious. My evidence was the whole wall.

"Granted no flip flop but no evidence...I don't put any wieght behind your statements unless you give quotes"
As much as you make sense, didn't you also say that it's better to have a small case than a redundant one? You're accusing me of being scummy, but then go and try to somewhat give reason to my actions. It's confusing. I do give quotes, just not right there did I. Sorry I didn't have any at the time.

"If a mistake isn't scummy, what is?"
Wolf, you're almost hypocritical because beforehand you had stated that it all depends on perspective, right? That's what Hipster believed because someones core game play does not change. She thought it was interesting. Why did you get so defensive about what people are saying? Are you afraid we're going to find something, or what?

"I don't know but I feel Ate's in a lot of her posts"
First off, still WHAT IS AN ATE?! Also, Wolf you know me in RL. I always seem to be trying to make friends because I just have a bubbly attitude. Granted, this wall won't show that, but you know I am. I don't see why this ATE is a bad thing, whatever it is. It's like you're grasping onto little things I do or say. Anyone but me, is the vibe I'm getting from your posts.

"She's shying away from questions"
Um, I don't remember not answering questions. I answer them with how I feel, now to if you like my answers or not is completly irrelevant. I don't shy. I answer (even though maybe they aren't paragraphs).

"Also correct, it's scummy to forget your scum reads"
Oh badwolf...you obviously don't understand how I play. I didn't forget my scum reads. Let me re-itterate myself: that list/read was a light accusation ment to see how people defended themselves. It may have backfired on me, but I didn't forget.

To answer your question to me from your post, you pretty much don't read mine do you? On a random note: I would love to keep my vote for more than one day, but people keep putting stuff up on the thread, which therefore changes the flow of information. I do not have a list, but will post one later. You need to work on reading people's post (deeper meanings man, come on).

To finally say this, maybe Badwolf isn't as innocent as I thought. Only say this because his post, and how he picks little things people say in order to find some kind of larger meaning to it all. Looks like town intentions, but really may or may not be scum. Thanks, wolf.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
You totally were buddying Vinyl. you stated as much, mang.

Plus what is this "may have " You use the same thing when I call you on it(The suspicion) . "It's possible it's pressure " I'll get the post where you do this during my next wall.

Leaving yourself some holes there Kary ?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, 'vote or explain' read doesn't equal 'vote'.
And I disagree that it sounds odd.
That's not what you said, Kary. ;P

EVERYONE VOTE BADWOLF?
Defensive + Opportunistic + Walls
OR GIVE ME A REASON WHY HE'S TOWN

You told people to vote BadWolf or tell you why he is town, which suggests that you agree to the WolfScum train of thought and you want people to join that wagon or explain why he is town. Basically you are advocating the BadWolf wagon without being on it which is weird when you, yourself, have not voted him yet.

So let me ask, what is your opinion on the BadWolf wagon?

Kary said:
What did you think of his reaction to my vote on him? I.e. his attacks on my play etc., accusing me of buddying Vinyl?
His reaction wasn't much of anything really. It could be taken as him just getting a little defensive or scum knee-jerk reaction, but I have yet to really get an opinion on Rake because he is very confusing for me to read.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Homeslice, would you join the Wolfy wagon or are you still thinking that the Clover wagon is better than the Wolfy wagon?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You really shouldn't mind that much since it is just a game haha. I don't get why you are afraid but alright, I won't push it that much.

I keep on thinking of a question to ask about you but the thing is you are so open I don't really have much to ask you. xD

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
@Kary about Loli
I'm not really suspicious of her being scum. I think that she's just trying to get the hang of online mafia, and therefore may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Shee's not very active, but that would explain why.
@ Rake

Would you join the Wolfy wagon? Just curious.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
every time you post a wall, you give lurking scum another free pass

@Rake, keep selectively reading, dunceface

@J Badwolf can totally die IMO right now.

Did i mention I still haven't caught up?

@J, try and read me later, ok?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
every time you post a wall, you give lurking scum another free pass
@J, try and read me later, ok?
Less *****ing about walls, more actually doing stuff kthx.
insults don't beocme you.

Why should J put off reading you? Are you afraid of what he may find?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha I'm not really putting off reading Kary and the thing is he is leaning null-scum at the current time with him trying to remain in the background and a majority of his posts are just him alluding to him apparantly having more than he actually does or about complaining about things.

He isn't even responding to Rake anymore and has just decided to drop down to ad-homenims as a way to adresse Rake and then there is the fact of his brand-new WolfyScum read that came out of nowhere and he is "okay to die" and is advocating for his lynch while not being on it himself. Basically he is there "in spirit".

That line of "try and read me later" definitely makes me more suspicious of Kary trying to coast through toDay and not do much himself/make himself a factor in the game just yet.

@Peoples: What is your opinion of Kary? Anyone and everyone should answer this please.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary posts giant letters getting everyone's attention
Kary gets accused of hiding in the background.

2 and a half hours of reading this thread today. My life slipping away from me.

Case on Rake: he's tunneling people to seem town
Case on Clover: claimed VT, is defensive
Case on Homeslice: Is wishy/washy or not all there
Case on Badwolf: Opportunistic and defensive

^ Happy to hear people's opinions on these.

I think I need Vinyl to out reads as well, or did I ask for that?
@Vinyl: two townreads and two scumreads with a little explanation for each please :)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
how was i buddying Vinyl and not just trying to read him?
Why would buddying Vinyl in RVS be scummy?
- Weren't you doing Both?

- You voted me and quickly looked onto me. And since you said that you saw my posts saying I'd rather be a lone wolf, you took it in consideration and asked me questions after you asked that I'd buddy you.

I was thinking....

If I did say yes, that I can buddy with you, you would probably give me an FoS or a vote. I'm not sure if that's right, but you can reply to this and help me understand more clearly,

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Haha I'm not really putting off reading Kary today

@Peoples: What is your opinion of Kary? Anyone and everyone should answer this please.
I know you aren't, i was asking kary why he asked that.
@bold- don't like what I've seen lately, but dunno if that is just him being frustrated and trying to be a ryker..
Case on Rake: he's tunneling people to seem town
Case on Clover: claimed VT, is defensive
Case on Homeslice: Is wishy/washy or not all there
Case on Badwolf: Opportunistic and defensive
give me evidence of this.

Top Bottom