• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 18: Rosario Vampire Mafia ~Game Over, Town Wins!~ BadWolf Foiled!

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
At this point I'm very suspicious of Bardull and Zen for dodging questions repeatedly. Zen has at least promised to answer my questions about his votes (and I will hold him to this), but Bardull has yet to acknowledge them. Badwolf, I may consider joining you in his lynch; going to watch his play for a while longer and wait to see more posts against him to decide for sure.

:phone:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Listen here. There is not a single question that myself or Zen can not answer, and I am fairly confident in this regard. I have faith in Zen's ability as well as my own that we can answer your questions.

I would answer your question, Hipster, but I want Zen's approach first. I want to know that myself and Zen are, with certainty, on the same page in terms of scum hunting and deciphering who the bad guys are.

There is a reason why we voted the way we did, and I believe I understand Zen's mentality going into this game. His scum read on Rake is very town telling to me, as I have grown suspicious of Rake as Rake continued to post. I will drop a hint and say that Rake has differentiated his approach to both myself and Zen depending on the context of the situation. He has been iffy about allying himself with Zen or I, and is subtlety pushing for both lynches when he previously said that he was ok with us. He is generally inconsistent in his approach.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Blowing off actual reasoning worries me, although with the huge "fight " that went on reasoning was sort of out the window, still as I originally stated: blowing off reasoning : makes me lean scum on Bardull, will be re-reading all posts today after i get this down to form stronger opinions.

Gotta agree that Bardull did mess up, But as i haven't made a full read yet this post kinda seems odd as: personal feelings aside, if Bardull is town, then ignoring him as town would not be good, but not playing with him if Soup were mafia would mean that he was someone Soup would want to get rid of fast to "help town " against Bardull's posting / attitude. Also @ whoever replaces Soup: what is your read on Bardull, and in fact @ all what are your thoughts on the Soup / Bardull situation.

Like this post, have to agree that alienating other townies when your town isn't a good thing to do considering they won't take your reads as seriously , which would effect towns ability to hunt scum.

Then soup posted this and made me re-think exactly to what extent the anti-town was in regards to Bardull's attitude.

Even a detriment to town is still a town member until it is proven beyond a doubt that they are scum, why risk losing a town member so early ? Something to consider.

Instigating arguments aside , it was worse for town to have those two duking it out and putting Bardull at L-1 this early.

Opportunistic hammer would only be good if Bardull was clear cut scum, which although his posting may have not been the greatest and his reasons absent at best, is still not enough proff for me at least to wamt a lynch this early on.

I like the fact people are unvoting , quick lynches do not help town imo unless town is certain Bardull is scum.

[/B]
Pointless claim is pointless? @everyone: Pointless post or Bardull trying to scare people, with supporting reasons.

Gotta say, attitude aside, your alternate route created a storm of posts from everyone (excluding Vinyl and sort of Shotty, who as he said was Vla). So really your alternate route caused this game to go from active to "OMG look at dem posts. "

Band wagon sense is tingling here. Please Explain this vote Bardull

FOS: Bardull & Zen until I see solid reasoning behind Hipster Vote
I don't dislike Vinyl, but some of his posts as I've highlighted I dislike.

Agreed on the second and third part, as I just stated as long as Zen isn't answering the questions directed at em I'm going to disagree with him.
This is everything I could find (i think ) in regards to my stance on Bardull, Both about his slot and directed to him. As you can see I have not made a solid stance on Bardull, this is because I didn't have one yet, the arguments for and against Bardull's "scumminess" have been swaying , to be honest I think Bardull is null and as He stated him and Soups thing was based on outside stuff that came inside the game.

Also @JD, Hipster and Vinyl: Ignoring Zen`s random posts, what do you have him as?Also , what do his random posts say to you ? Lastly who would be your first lynch target right now ?

@Bardull: Please correct me if i missed anything in regards to you

Lastly : Unvote : Zen

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
If I'd ignore the zen's randomness, he could be town.
But sincerely, I can't ignore it. His random voting cannot say anything unless he answers the question why he's doing it.

So it would be zen first, and secondly, bardull. He is giving us such a hard time, so I could hardly believe what he's saying most of the time.

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
Bardull, why do you need to know Zen's reasoning to explain your vote on me? I don't understand this. I don't think it's a good idea to assume that you two are on the same wavelength and then rely on him to defend the vote before you say anything.

Also @JD, Hipster and Vinyl: Ignoring Zen`s random posts, what do you have him as?Also , what do his random posts say to you ? Lastly who would be your first lynch target right now ?
Ignoring the random posts, he seems town to me. The random posts are kind of an obvious thing though, and they seem extremely suspicious to me. I'm really curious to see how he explains these, because I have no idea what his strategy could be other than pressure voting people who have been inactive. As for my top lynch target, I'm torn between Zen and Bardull. I'm going to wait to see how both of them explain their votes before I make a decision.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull, why do you need to know Zen's reasoning to explain your vote on me? I don't understand this. I don't think it's a good idea to assume that you two are on the same wavelength and then rely on him to defend the vote before you say anything.
I don't want to provide Zen with all the answers because I need to check him on occasion, but I see your point.

The votes themselves were to reaction test you as someone who has yet to be pressured. Personally, your reactions were interesting in that you reacted rather defensively to both votes, but your reactions were also consistent with one another. You have also gone on the aggressive after said votes, which is also interesting.

I have three questions for you, by the by.

1. Why did you react so defensively to the votes?
2. Do you believe that the votes themselves were anti-town?
3. What do you think of Badwulf?

Badwulf, I also want you to tell me what you think of Hipster's play so far, and I'll answer any questions you have for me as a trade. Deal?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If I'd ignore the zen's randomness, he could be town.
But sincerely, I can't ignore it. His random voting cannot say anything unless he answers the question why he's doing it.

So it would be zen first, and secondly, bardull. He is giving us such a hard time, so I could hardly believe what he's saying most of the time.
Vinyl, you are all sorts of confusing. You had myself AND Zen as town, why are you now pushing for our lynch? You're too inconsistent this game...

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Urge to write a condescending comment...rising.

You've been trying to use my attitude as rationale for pushing my lynch this entire time, you tard.
... You kinda failed there at repressing urges...

@BarDulL
Here are the questions for you.

1: Why all the hostility against Soup?

2: Why are you so intent on Zen's townieness?

Take your vote off and tell me which points you want me to address.
3: I find this rather annoying. Were you just trying to test me with this or are you seriously just that annoyed with L-2?

No one should be taking him seriously after that.
4: I find Soup's arguments intelligent, however, you are still deciding to ignore him. Even if he is tunneling you should still respond. Weather it be from respect or at least trying to wipe away your possible scumminess. Why are you still ignoring him?

With this anxious of a Town, one can never be too sure what may happen
5: What is your read on Shotty now?

try to understand what I'm capable of
6: I find this extremely scummy. I'm wondering if you slipped.

but he's in my lynch pool.
7: Why is Vinyl in your lynch pool?

Definitely should not be the play by any means, but I expect him to answer questions towards him.
8: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a person who isn't answering questions directed at himself was a scum read.

Well it looked like you OMGUS'd with slight provocation from Zen @212
9: You never really responded to this, you just said "False". Give me reasons.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This is everything I could find (i think ) in regards to my stance on Bardull, Both about his slot and directed to him. As you can see I have not made a solid stance on Bardull, this is because I didn't have one yet, the arguments for and against Bardull's "scumminess" have been swaying , to be honest I think Bardull is null and as He stated him and Soups thing was based on outside stuff that came inside the game.

@Bardull: Please correct me if i missed anything in regards to you

Lastly : Unvote : Zen
@Rake, I'm fairly certain you say I'm "Ok," but then you lean scum again, and then you start leaning towards me being town, and it's a giant back and forth. I'll look it up in a bit.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I also want you to tell me what you think of Hipster's play so far
Hipster is ok-ish. I know that this is her first game, so she doesn't have any forum experience, however, she does have RL games under her belt. She's skittish but I still have a null read on her, for now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zen I know it's your birthday: but when you're done, get in here and get serious.

I'm not playing the "maybe maybe not" read game with you in a 9 man. I have a pretty good idea what you're going to say: but I'm not going to let you get away with not saying it ToDay if I can help it. (Unless we go Vinyl lynch, then maybe I'll let you keep it to yourself... but not Hipster and Rake, there's too much doubt)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
1: Why all the hostility against Soup?
To be frank, there is a part of me that understands Soup's distaste for the persona I'm adopting this game, so I don't sincerely dislike him. That's why I think he's Town...for now.

2: Why are you so intent on Zen's townieness?
It's very likely that I would be dead if not for Zen. Zen was the one who initially supported my defense that a "jerkish" attitude does not make me scummy when no one else came to my defense. Zen has faith in me that I am Town, and I want to believe that he is Town as well because of this. I have also seen him exhibit this behavior in past games when he was Town.

3: I find this rather annoying. Were you just trying to test me with this or are you seriously just that annoyed with L-2?
Sorry, I thought I was at L-1 in that post.

4: I find Soup's arguments intelligent, however, you are still deciding to ignore him. Even if he is tunneling you should still respond. Weather it be from respect or at least trying to wipe away your possible scumminess. Why are you still ignoring him?
Soup's demanding attitude is anything but enticing to work with. It doesn't help that I am not particularly fond of Soup and his style of play this game, as he has been mostly tunneling me but not analyzing other players, as seen in his admittance of having not gotten a read on Rake or Hipster.

5: What is your read on Shotty now?
Frankly, I do not trust Shotty and his style of play this game. I need to look back and reread him before I can give you an accurate assessment.

6: I find this extremely scummy. I'm wondering if you slipped.
Elaborate on this point.

7: Why is Vinyl in your lynch pool?
Vinyl is all sorts of strange this game. The JD town read early on was off, followed by Vinyl's seeming sheeping of everyone and only asking players for reads while not outing his own reads. Just recently, he now sees myself and Zen as scummy, but only because we have him as a potential lynch target...which certainly fits the definition of OMGUS, or at least it seems that way.

8: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a person who isn't answering questions directed at himself was a scum read.
It can be inherently anti-town not to respond to someone's line of questioning, but if it's within rhyme or reason for that person not to answer outside of simply being unable to answer, then I suppose that's fairly townish. For example, my back and forths with Soup do not seem to help anyone or any interpersonal relationship considering he was tunneling me. This kind of interaction doesn't serve to help Town in the slightest.

9: You never really responded to this, you just said "False". Give me reasons.
I responded with the rationale that Soup's tunneling of myself, and that he was not willing to get a read on other players before lynching me, was severely anti-town and scummy. When I was given the option by Zen to either vote Soup or die, I was prompted by Soup's post, still exclaiming that I'm scum, and in that moment I was certain he was scum according to the previously mentioned rationale. Only someone who was tunneling super hard, or someone who was super scummy, would be willing to end the day so soon when there was a plethora of information still to be gained. It was simply a matter of trying to distinguish which one Soup was.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
~Vote Count 1.9~

1.) Vinyl. {0} -
2.) Jdietz43 {0} -
3.) BadWolf28738 {0} -
4.) HipsterSister {1 -
} - BarDulL
5.) BarDulL {2 -
} - Яagnarock, BadWolf28738
6.) Anomandaris_Rake {0} -
7.) Shottymaster {0} -
8.) Ramen King {2 -
} - Jdietz43, Vinyl.
9.) Яagnarock {0} -

Not Voting {4 -
} - HipsterSister, Anomandaris_Rake, Shottymaster, Ramen King

With 9 people alive, it takes 5 to Lynch!

Deadline is set for June 3rd, at 12:00pm Midnight!

There is less than 45 hours left in this Day Phase!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Considering the amount of time we have, I am very much open to a Vinyl lynch at this point. However, Zen, you must answer the questions given to you and explain your scum read on Rake, or I can't overturn this Town from lynching you. At least, not alone. Please be here and make a stance when you can.

As of right now, I'm going to place my vote on Vinyl, since that is the lynch I am most comfortable with. However, I am going to reread the game and make several cases by tomorrow, so my vote could change based on my reread.

Vote: Vinyl

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
1. Why did you react so defensively to the votes?
2. Do you believe that the votes themselves were anti-town?
3. What do you think of Badwulf?
1. I don't think I was defensive as much as I was confused and bothered. Neither of you provided anything specific against me or asked me any questions along with your votes, so I wasn't sure if it was just pressure voting or something else. I also don't like how you voted for me so soon after Zen did when no case had been posted. This makes me suspicious, so yes, I began asking more questions after you two voted for me in order to sort out my suspicions.

2. I think it's very possible that they could be, but I won't be sure until I hear explanations. I'd also like to know why Zen switched from me to Jdietz.

3. For now, I have a fairly decent town read on Badwolf. He's scumhunted and provided cases against people he votes for, and he doesn't avoid questions asked of him. At the moment, I can't think of any of his posts that I didn't like.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vinyl is all sorts of strange this game. The JD town read early on was off, followed by Vinyl's seeming sheeping of everyone and only asking players for reads while not outing his own reads. Just recently, he now sees myself and Zen as scummy, but only because we have him as a potential lynch target...which certainly fits the definition of OMGUS, or at least it seems that way.
This is the rationale, @ Shotty.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
v/la for graduation today.

Since we have 45 hours left, I will comfirm when I get back.

If I get lynched when I return, that will mean this bardull is bull.
Make sure you guys have a strong focus on zen and bardull. They may be scum buddies after all.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote: Rake

I'm not going to get what I want today, I can't get Bardull to crack and I really hate that he's just ignoring my points as a tunnel, I can't do anything with it right now and I have to say i've been somewhat hesitant on my Bardull scum-read. I'm okay with going here, I feel like Rake's play has been one of trying to gain attention while still not doing anything, he points out a lot of questions for everyone and drops a ton of rhetorical statements, I have yet to hear a solid thought from hear that didn't consist of "everyone, what do you think of this?" or an idle comment without any substantial evidence. Too careful.

Sheep me Zen.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ton of grammatical errors in that post, was thinking too fast.

My town-reads haven't changed tbh, kinda why I've been sitting here waiting for something relevant to happen.

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
Now that someone's finally said something specific against Rake, I realize that he has asked a lot of opinions on his own thoughts, which I find a bit off in hindsight... I may consider going this route after a re-read, but I'm also gonna be V/LA for the same party as Badwolf. Don't think I'll be on again today.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Rake: Why did you unvote me? I hadn't even posted anything that could have changed your read/lifted your will to pressure.

Vinyl: Not happening. Dumb town for sure and wouldn't stake a mislynch on it.
Hipster: Very plausible, willing to go this route for sure, I haven't looked into Hipster as much as I should but I will get back to you, I remember not liking some posts of his.
Rake: Dunno, another slot I haven't really looked into.
So have you now looked into hipster n_n? I assume you have since you have seemed to look into Rake. It's quite interesting that you referred to hipster as a male in this post. Out of curiosity did you just assume she was a guy or what?

@Hipster/anyone else who asked: My vote on you was as Bardull described. You had yet to be pressured or really looked at and I wanted to gauge how you would react. This is also the same reasoning for my vote on Jdietz. I had yet to really look at him. I suppose it's a habit of mine early game to vote who I am currently interested in. There is also another reason for why I voted you in particular, but it had nothing to do with you so don't worry. I will explain this in just a bit after I rally up some more information.

So I was up at 4am looking through the game. I have some points I want to point out against Rake, but I lost my train of thought after passing out. I'm going to do so in a separate post.

#HBC | ѕoup

Just instinct, there aren't any girls on the internet.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
This is the rationale, @ Shotty.
Honestly I really don't think he's scum, he just seems like a noob town. He's attempting to do something after being called out for coasting. I will agree that the fact that he can't keep track of his reads is suspicious, but that's the only thing I see against him.

Vinyl, how many games have you played before this?

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
Honestly I really don't think he's scum, he just seems like a noob town. He's attempting to do something after being called out for coasting *. I will agree that the fact that he can't keep track of his reads is suspicious, but that's the only thing I see against him.

Vinyl, how many games have you played before this?
* - but is simply messing up due to inexperience

#HBC | ѕoup

And have you looked into her yet? What is the result?
Some parts I like and some parts I don't, like her trying to information hunt but I dislike the vagueness of it. I'd say Rake is a better option for now.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Yeah doubt you were just assuming she was a guy and passing off as internet especially seeing how much trouble you've gone through not offend anyone in the past:
Яagnarock said:
Well..I can tell you that the way Kary reacted to your call-out was more interesting than anything else, and I wanted to use it as a means of pursuit. (S)he had a very good reaction, and I was quite content with her responses.

This is basically the bulk of it, I wanted to pressure him/her into a situation where he/she would respond and I could get a tell of how he/she did. I can go further into detail with my perspective if you want.

I also really liked her motivation to pressure Ranmaru for voting Gheb, even though he's V/LA. I don't agree with the premise of the vote but it screamed to me that he/she is looking more into things, instead of just fluffling posts with unwarranted comments like in his/her newbie game.
Яagnarock said:
More on Kary's side of voting Ranmaru. I don't see any problem with Ranmaru yet, but I like the action he/she too.

Kary, what do you think of Ranmaru currently?
Яagnarock said:
EBWOP: he/she made*

I cannot grammar.
Kary, are you a boy or a girl?
Furthermore, it has been shown that Badwolf/Hipster/J know each other in real life and he (badwolf) has referred to her as 'her' various times. For you to act like you didn't know really looks to me like you planted it as a way of distancing. I have a large suspicion that you two are scumbuddies and that you wanted to make it look like you didn't know a thing about her by referring to her as 'him'. I know you're going to try and play this off as something small, but it really isn't based on your nature. There was one answer I was looking for to determine if this was the case or not. Had you simply answered that it was in the moment and that you weren't really considering it at the time, I would have completely left it alone. But your responses above indicate otherwise and that you intentionally referred to her that way. The reason you give is completely false and outside of your nature as shown by the above quotes. The fact that it took you so long to answer the questions doesn't suit you any better. The way you have been limiting your answers to my posts makes me feel as if you are playing cautious about what to say.

My reads/Who I want to lynch today:

I believe that scum is withing the group of Soup, Hipster, and Rake. Vinyl's play has been different than I have seen from him in past games, I will say that. But I don't think weak meta like that alone is enough to pursue him. I can see his asking everyone for reads as just him trying to be more involved in the game and trying to get to the bottom of things. I will say this though, Vinyl. Soup was completely right about that "blah blah" post you made. It showed that you have not actually been looking into the reasons that we have been presenting and just going off the surface of things. You can't fully read into someone's intentions if you're going to play like that.

Now then, back to the topic at hand. Soup, Hipster, Rake. I believe two of them to be scum in any combination. Right now I'm looking at a Soup/Hipster team, but Soup/Rake & Hipster/Rake is still very much possible. They are all suspicious to me. Soup is the most suspicious, followed by Rake. My thing with Hipster is mostly tied to Soup's interaction with her. My "random" votes earlier were me looking for Soup's partner. This is also why I proposed that lynch pool and asked for Soup to pick which direction we go. I'll go into detail about why I find each of these players suspicious now.

Soup
Soup you're actually pretty good at portraying yourself as townie. There are just these holes in your play that leave you vulnerable. I've been recognizing these tells since DK. You're not showing any real drive or direction. There is no real scum hunt behind your posts. You simply latched onto Bardull all day and refused to look at anyone else while doing so. You were not even trying to determine the alignment or intentions behind Bardull's play. You were just trying to lynch him to lynch him. This is not only extremely anti-town, but extremely scummy because it shows that you have no scum hunting intentions, merely lynch intentions.

Your reasoning for your suspicion is another thing that I find incriminating, as I talked about earlier. Because the reason made absolutely 0% sense, it shows that you were simply making up a reason for your vote. It shows that you were not truly looking at his play with reason, but that you were making up reason to appear as if you were looking at his play. You claim that Vinyl lost priority during RVS, but him answering a question that I posed at him does not signify that at all. Your reasoning was completely fake. I even asked you if you would have done the same thing and you said yes.

Your decision to push Rake has done you some justice I will say. It actually confuses me a bit because I was leaning on you/him team before I fell asleep last night. You still, however, are my strongest scum read.

Hipster
Hipster also lacks a scum hunting drive. She has done nothing but answer to people's posts. Look at how Vinyl and Badwolf are asking questions and trying to get to the bottom of things. Hipster doesn't show this at all. She has not attempted to gain a read on anyone. The only time she has really asked questions toward a player has been it directly concerns something about her. Other than that she has not pushed in any direction! Most of her play has consisted of answering Rake's "@everybody" questions. It's as if she using those as a clutch for posting substance.

Rake
Rake has posted some contradicting statements which I'll bring up in just a bit after this post. Most of his posts are just basically agreeing/disagreeing with what other people have said and then asking general questions to everyone that really have nothing to gain from them. His vote on me looked really opportunistic and I do not like how all the sudden he unvoted just because Bardull placed suspicion on him changing his reads. It shows inconsistency and that Rake is trying to appeal rather than push the directions he actually feels we need to go. His wishy-washy stance on Bardull vs Soup is also concerning to me. Everyone else have given some sort of direct stance on the two of them by now. I remember town Rake in the last newbie much more involved and pushy in his stances. I really get the feel of him trying to be appeasing here.

----

IC Notes: Badwolf & Rake, I noticed you two taking Bardull claiming town as a role claim, but that is not the case. There is a difference between Roles & Alignments. One's alignment is either town, mafia, or third-party (independent). Everyone will always say that they are town. I mean that's just how you play the game. It's for the actual town to figure out who is lying. Bardull saying that he is town is not a role claim, he is just stating his "alignment" which is no different from anyone else in the game saying that they are on the town side. Now if he were to say that he were Vanilla/Vanilla town, that would be a role claim because he would be specifically stating what role/abilities he has (vanilla, which is just a standard townie with no abilities). For someone to claim doc/cop/vig/roleblocker/etc would also be role claims.

Badwolf, another thing I noticed was you calling me out on being doc. As Bardull had stated, this is generally an anti-town thing to do as you are giving mafia clues on who to night kill during the night. You generally want to keep the Power Roles such as doc or cop hidden from the mafia so that they do not night kill them. You get what I'm saying n_n?

I hope this clears some stuff up & Rake I hope your arm gets better soon n__n!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Zen: Good. I wasn't about to play the "maybe" game with your reads or alignment (especially if you die first and we were left with no idea what you were thinking)

I agree with you on Rake, compared to his previous play in Newbie 17 seeing a total of almost 10 "@everyone" questions with seemingly no independent direction of his own has got me concerned he's not really in this to win it and is just here to be involved for involvement's sake.

Hipster and Soup we'll see... I'm feeling Hipster/Rake moreso than Soup at the moment. It's within Soup's character to fly off the handle and tunnel a tad imo. However Soup scum is not outside of reason.

Methinks Rake will answer some questions.

Vote: Rake

Top Bottom